Air Experts Heating & Cooling

Founded 1986 • With Angi since June 2006

We keep your heating and cooling equipment working properly, performing at peak efficiency while insuring your comfort and keeping your air safe. We Guarantee 100% Satisfaction with all our work. The professionals at Air Experts have been providing comprehensive HVAC services to the residents of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill since 1986....

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

Facility

+1 more images

HVAC Companies (3173)plumbers (73)home energy audit (22)drain cleaning (18)gas leak repair (11)air duct cleaning (154)electrician (114)dryer vent cleaning (29)insulation (10)metal fabrication (5)well & water pump repair (2)propane dealer (1)

07/06/2022

Tonia K.

Hvac Let me start by saying I was very reluctant to write this review, because I wanted to give them a chance to correct this situation. However, after the 6th time a brand new $14K HVAC unit goes out in less than 2 months, I feel obligated to warn others not to do business with this company. They have ignored our request to replace this unit and we have not received a response as to when the current unit will be fixed. We are currently still without AC and under an heat advisory in this area! Please beware of this company!

Description of Work
AC Repair/Installation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation

Work Completed On 07/05/2022

06/06/2022

Annette R.

I called on June 6 2022 and was told they have available appoinments until June 29th - 18 Business days. Unless you can wait over 3 weeks for your repair, don't bother.

Description of Work
Unstick a zone damper in AC system (only one zone is cooling)

Category auto repair

Work Completed On 06/06/2022

04/11/2021

joey H.

I needed to get an HVAC replacement for the original system in this house (18 years old) and had been putting it off the last few years with bandaids. Finally I decided I was going to replace my system. After doing some research Air Experts H&C stood out from the user reviews so I called them for an estimate. When Craig arrived he demonstrated great knowledge from the onset and was very thorough in walking through every aspect of the options and recommendations. I consulted some other options but ultimately I expected the best service and workmanship out of Air Experts so I went with them. They arrived on time, the technicans were respectful, efficient (worked all the way through until completion), and installed a quality product. The whole experience went very smoothly thanks to Craig, Dustin, and the folks at Air Experts H&C.

Description of Work
HVAC Replacement

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

03/09/2021

Ginter V.

Got a good estimate for a new system from a knowledgeable technician / project coordinator. Decided to use another company for the project, but was impressed by this company's personnel and offerings.

Description of Work
replace heat pump system

Work Completed On 03/09/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. Please reach back out if you have any future heating and cooling needs.

01/26/2021

Rose G.

They have been fantastic. They are professional, on time, reliable, honest, and they give fair prices. I would recommend them and I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They replaced my furnaces and they have maintained them over the years.

Work Completed On 01/20/2021

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so glad we could help make your home more comfortable! Please reach out if there's anything else we can do for you.

10/12/2020

Derrick A.

Work was completed promptly and professionally.

Description of Work
AC Replacement

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

07/11/2020

Rodolfo B.

Keep adding additional charges and still nothing has been done to fix the issue. Not a very good experience. Overpriced in compare to others and charges a lot of miscellaneous stuff that does not fix the issue. I won't go back again to this company.

Description of Work
AC Leak Issue

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

07/01/2020

Walter S.

The work was performed one week ago. The two techs did a fantastic job. I am very pleased. I can not remember ever having technicians care more about doing everything necessary to "do the job right". They, both, demonstrated knowledge, skill and patience. Yesterday, a Cary Building Inspector came by, and the new equipment easily passed the mechanical and electrical inspection.

Description of Work
Installed new, high efficiency, gas furnace, and A.C. (split system).

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

Hi Mr. [Member Name Removed], We're grateful that you took the time to leave feedback about your recent installation. The team will love to hear your kind words. Please reach out if there's anything else we can do for you. Thank you for choosing Air Experts!

05/18/2020

Lisa G.

Everything went very well and they were very efficient. They said it would take six hours but they were done before that. We are very happy with their work and the new system is amazing!

Description of Work
A new AC system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

02/23/2020

Sharon C.

We are very pleased. From the sales representative through the installation everything went well. We felt that the pricing was more than fair when compared to another company. Everything was very professional and appears to be well done and performing up to expectations. They would have installed it the next day after our decision was made if we had been able to do so.

Description of Work
Furnace and air conditioner replaced.

Work Completed On 02/18/2020

02/20/2020

Karen D.

I don't remember hiring these people or what they might have done for me. I am sorry, but you won't let me delete this.

Description of Work
?????????????

Work Completed On 02/19/2020

01/20/2020

C. J. G.

Air Experts offered to come the same COLD night I discovered the furnace not working properly. However, I scheduled for the next day and they were here exactly when promised. The technician Fixed the problem within the hour and left everything in place! What a relief to have this taken care of so quickly.

Description of Work
Furnace maintenance

Work Completed On 01/18/2020

Dear C.J. We're grateful for your feedback and so glad that we could quickly solve the problem. Please reach out if there's anything else we can do for you. Thank you for choosing Air Experts!

10/01/2019

Kathryn C.

It went great! We started using them about a year ago. They are always very efficient and on time. Their prices are reasonable and they are just really pleasant people to work with. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Routine maintenance and repairs on our A/C unit

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

We are truly grateful for the feedback! Please reach out if there's anything else we can do for you. Thank you for choosing Air Experts!

07/17/2019

Ara M.

Yesterday, I had “Air Experts” Heating and Air Conditioning Services in Cary, NC out due to the HVAC system for upstairs not cooling properly. The technician arrived during the scheduled arrival time. He was here for a few minutes before he told me that that the unit needed a capacitor replaced. He quoted me a price and I agreed to have the repair done. The technician mentioned that the system is quite old and talked about replacing it. I told him that the last two technicians that had serviced that unit told me that they recommended that I keep that unit because despite the age it was running well. (They had also explained all that would be involved to replace it when the time came.) I let him know that I wasn’t considering replacing the unit. The technician also talked with me about a maintenance contract. I did ask if it was a yearly contract or something that I could cancel at any time. Since he said I could cancel it, I decided to go ahead and add that on. (I could reconsider if needed.) The technician talked with me about replacing the HVAC two or three more times before he left. He went on about how I’ll have to replace my units next year anyway because they use freon. He asked me if I knew the ages of the units. I told him that I didn’t but was not interested in replacing them. The expense of new units and the thought of replacing working HVAC units and tossing them in a landfill was not something I was going to consider. He told me that normally HVAC units only last 10-15 years and replacing them is something he would recommend. After he left, I thought about how uncomfortable I felt with him bringing up replacing the HVAC units after I made it clear that I had no interest in talking about it. I realized that I would not be at all comfortable having someone doing maintenance on units when he kept talking about replacement. It was the end of the workday, so I decided that I would call in the morning to cancel it. This morning I opened the receipt that they emailed in order to prepare to call them. I was shocked to see an item listed as “95.00 diagnostic”! I noticed on the website prior to scheduling the appointment that it said “free estimates”. The technician acted like he was reading me the invoice and gave me the total but I assumed the extra fee was due to the maintenance program. I called about having that fee removed from the bill as well as the maintenance plan that I was originally calling to cancel. I was not told about that fee when I scheduled the appointment and the technician didn’t mention it to me at any point while he was here. I didn’t actually see the invoice because he “read it” and then handed me the tablet with just the signature area showing. I was told by a manager that although it does say “free estimates” on their website that is only for “installing new systems”. I let Bill know that I wasn’t going to argue with him but that I certainly would be extremely uncomfortable having a maintenance contract with them. They did cancel the maintenance contract and said there will not be any monthly charges for it. (By the way, Duke Power website has some great Home Protection plans offered through their website. I have a home wiring and a waterline policy from there and have been really pleased. Great service and low monthly fees. I am going to look into their HVAC protection plan.)

Description of Work
HVAC not cooling properly-

Work Completed On 07/17/2019

Review for Air Experts Heating & Cooling - 7 Rupert Rd, Raleigh, NC - 37990031

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I'm sorry to read about the issues with the technician recommending a new system. When they come out, they'll go over the AC or heating system and not only fix the immediate issue but also give recommendations based on their findings. It was not the technicians intention to be pushy and he regrets that it came across that way. His intention was to provide enough information about the status of your HVAC equipment to allow you to make an informed decision about your home comfort needs. I'm also sorry there was a misunderstanding regarding the free estimate. We offer free estimates on replacement systems. The office will go over the repair service fee prior to booking an appointment. That service fee, and any needed HVAC repairs, are reduced when you purchase a maintenance agreement. I'm glad that we were able to come out and quickly repair the AC system for you but regret that we weren't able to continue maintenance on the equipment to keep them running as long and as efficiently as possible. Please reach back out if there'[Member Information Removed] anything else we can do for you.

07/17/2019

Peter M.

Bought the $79.00 dollar coupon for a/c inspection in which it guarantees it will find the problem. tech ended up charging me $230 dollars for it and I have zero idea why.

Description of Work
A/C inspection.

Work Completed On 07/11/2019

06/15/2019

Ellen W.

The service was perfect and wonderful.

Description of Work
Fixed the air conditioning unit.

Work Completed On 06/08/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate your business and support!

03/24/2019

chao S.

I have a AC unit installed on 2016. After 3 years, the base of outside unit start uneven I have another old unit installed 20 years by builder. Its base is solid. Clearly, Air Experts didn't install the base professionally and correctly. I called them again this week and hope they can tune the base of the outside unit to keep even. The first they mentioned is to charge me.

Description of Work
Bad installation quality at outside unit.

Work Completed On 05/15/2016

Review for Air Experts Heating & Cooling - 7 Rupert Rd, Raleigh, NC - 37778736

We are grateful for your feedback. Our goal is always 100% satisfaction. After 3 years, the soil under the unit settled causing the unit to become unbalanced. It is my understanding that this issue has been resolved free of charge. If you remain unsatisfied with the level of service provided, please contact our office at 919-890-7789. I hope you will consider having regular maintenance performed on your system to keep it running well, increase the lifespan of the equipment, and prevent similar issues in the future. Thank you for your business!

02/12/2019

EDWARD S.

5 stars. Very professional friendly people. All of them. They care

Description of Work
replaced furnace and air conditioning

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

02/01/2019

Toni N.

The tech who came to repair was fantastic. He worked for two - three hours to unfreeze my furnace. He gave me honest answers to my questions and that made me purchase the new unit..

Description of Work
initial repair and then replacement

Work Completed On 01/17/2019

01/25/2019

Robert M.

My gas pack unit's heater died right after Christmas. Their technician came out and quickly identified and showed me the cause of the issue which was a bad blower motor which would turn on and then shut off after about 3-5 minutes because it was overheating. After pricing the cost to replace the blower motor and since the unit was old and its refrigerant would no longer be legal after Dec 2019 I decided to get a new unit. The salesperson patiently worked with me regarding financing and in a matter of days their installers showed up in the morning with the new unit and had it installed and tested by lunch time. They would have installed it earlier if it wasn't for their office be closed on New Years Day. I was especially impressed by how much effort they took to haul out the old unit, replace the pad and circuit box, cleanup, and then place topsoil around the base of the unit to give it a neat and professional appearance. And after a few weeks the new unit is working great. Overall I found everyone in this company to be friendly, patient, thorough, and professional from their service technician Kenneth, Drew their salesperson, the installers, and the office staff. I will definitely use them in the future for all of my heating and a/c needs. I'm glad their overall A rating here on Angie's list proved to be deserved.

Description of Work
Replaced 14 year old gas pack unit with new 3 ton Rheem gas pack

Work Completed On 01/02/2019

01/21/2019

Andres R.

It turned out that it was a filter that was installed in the unit in the crawl space. The filter was removed since it was not needed because i have the regular filters in the intakes inside the house. I can not remember what the service charge was, but it was reasonable because it was a sunday.

Description of Work
Heat pump stopped working.

Work Completed On 01/21/2019

12/21/2018

Curt P.

I am retired from the HVAC business and have dealt nationally with many providers. Air Experts have been one of the best! They were fantastic with their communication, followup, and the work they provided on my system. I would HIGHLY recommend this service provider for any of your heating and air conditioning needs. Truly one of the best around!

Description of Work
Repairs needed on my gas furnace

Work Completed On 12/20/2018