Affordable Tile by Moses

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2012

Affordable Tile By Moses is operated by the owner. Business was established in 2003, and has two regular employees. We accept checks, money orders, and cash. We offer 10% - 15% discount on the project over $500.

2022 Super Service Award

tile installation (191)flooring (43)home remodeling (35)plumbers (11)countertop installation (6)general contractors (6)carpet cleaning (1)

01/12/2022

Willard S.

Over the last ten years we have used Mr. Moses for three jobs: tiling the bathroom floors, repairing a leak in a tiled shower, and a backsplash for a large “L” shaped kitchen counter. With the backsplash he suggested using the tiles we had purchased in a way – improved – that we hadn’t thought of. Each time he has been prompt, arrived when he said he would, did the work in a neat way, cleaned up after himself and left the work area looking better than it did when he arrived. We are very happy with his work and wouldn’t hesitate to hire him again.

Description of Work
Replace flooring, install backsplash, repair shower tiles

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 01/12/2022

12/24/2021

Destiny F.

Everything went well! Ken was very prompt, knowledgeable, and professional. His price was also reasonable. My kitchen looks beautiful! Reach out to him if you’re looking for great quality work.

Description of Work
Tile Backsplash in Kitchen

Category ceramic tile, countertops, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/24/2021

12/21/2021

Dean H.

Moses did good work, quality craftsmanship. I would highly recommend Moses for tile work.

Description of Work
Backsplash installation.

Category countertops

Work Completed On 12/13/2021

12/21/2021

Jessica L.

We are very excited about the new tiles that were installed in our bathroom-it looks great! The quality of work great and he works quickly. We highly recommend Affordable Tile By Moses!

Description of Work
Floor Tile

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 12/16/2021

12/20/2021

Lisa P.

Moses did an excellent job on my kitchen floor. He is very knowledgeable about ceramic tiling and provided great detail throughout the process. If there was an issue that needed to be addressed, this was communicated to me beforehand. I appreciated that he was very punctual and thoughtful about what needed to be done to complete the work. Thank you for your spirit of excellence! LP

Description of Work
Hardwood floors in the kitchen were replace with porcelain ceramic tile

Work Completed On 12/06/2021

12/19/2021

Steve N.

Everything delivered exactly as promised. Ken was on time for both an estimate and the work. Price was fair. And, most of all he stuck with the job until the end. I had a tile that was not any easy install and Ken worked with me until it was right. Could recommend more…

Description of Work
Backsplash instal

Work Completed On 12/19/2021

11/20/2021

Luisa M.

Moses is very professional, helpful and responsive. He came to our house and did a great job, he explained the whole process, we are very happy with the final result and would hire him again. Very satisfied with his work!

Description of Work
Tile in the kitchen

Work Completed On 11/19/2021

10/30/2021

David C.

Went very well. Very prompt and answered all my questions and concerns. Very nice person. Did a great job

Description of Work
Kitchen backsplash

Category countertops

Work Completed On 10/28/2021

Review for Affordable Tile by Moses - 5372 Meryton Park way, Raleigh, NC - 39527582

10/29/2021

Kim M.

I'm very pleased with Ken's work to regrout our shower. He was very timely and responsive in regards to questions, scheduling and getting the work done. He is pleasant, a good listener and honest. Even steering me away from a more expensive solution that was unnecessary in our case. I've used bigger advertised companies for grout cleaning in the past. It was a much better experience to deal with one person whose focus is customer satisfaction. He did a great job.

Description of Work
Shower regrout

Work Completed On 10/27/2021

09/29/2021

Wyatt B.

Moses did an outstanding job and deserves credit for his craftsmanship. We used a tricky glass tile with multiple sizes and the end result is better than we could have expected! Moses is very courteous and diligent. We highly recommend his work!

Description of Work
Tile backsplash in the kitchen

Category ceramic tile, countertops

Work Completed On 09/10/2021

Review for Affordable Tile by Moses - 5372 Meryton Park way, Raleigh, NC - 39492260

09/21/2021

Peter S.

I needed to match and replace some broken tile in my kitchen. Ken did a great job of finding a closely-matching color and installing it quickly and for a reasonable price. Would definitely hire again for any tile work!

Description of Work
Replace broken tile

Work Completed On 09/16/2021

06/05/2021

Sue H.

Me Moses did a great job of installing the tile flooring for a hallway and laundry room. He is knowledgeable, punctual, and reasonably priced. Very professional!!

Description of Work
Flooring with tile

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 05/12/2021

02/14/2021

Alan T.

Moses was Great! He gave design advice, always came on time, was very professional, worked very hard, cleaned up nicely each day and created a beautiful custom shower for us!

Description of Work
Tile Shower and Tub surround

Category contractors, ceramic tile, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/13/2021

Review for Affordable Tile by Moses - 5372 Meryton Park way, Raleigh, NC - 39192296

10/28/2020

Joseph C.

Very well, he did exactly what we wanted. We were very pleased.

Description of Work
kitchen backsplash

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

10/28/2020

charlie G.

Went great as usual. We've hired Moses before to work on other tile floors in our house. We'll have him come back as we have other tile projects planned and he's always been honest and punctual and extremely affordable. He's a very hard worker and does very good work. Would definitely recommend him to other people looking for quality work at a very good price.

Description of Work
We had Moses come back to the house to work on our kitchen floor.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

10/22/2020

Kimberly J.

The tile backsplash installation in my kitchen went very well. I had a subway tile format installed. Mr. Moses installed the subway tile pattern with precision which made the end result look excellent.

Description of Work
Ceramic Tile Backsplash

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

03/03/2020

Langdon C.

I'm very impressed with the quality of work and overall customer experience provided by Affordable Tile by Moses. I just happened to see his truck one day, called the number on the side, and scheduled an estimate with Moses for the next morning. The price was good, Moses was pleasant to work with, and I'm very satisfied with the job performed. I'm about to call him to schedule another job!

Description of Work
Refinish tile grout and make shower look brand new

Work Completed On 02/27/2020

11/07/2019

Kevin M.

Moses was great. We have an unusual kitchen shape, with lots of corners, and he took the time to make sure everything looked as good as could. The price was fair. He was good communicating with me throughout the process. I would use him again.

Description of Work
Backsplash installation, regrout shower/bathtub

Work Completed On 11/07/2019

10/15/2019

P L.

We’re very sorry that we hired Ken to do our tile work. We reluctantly have to write a negative review to help another customer avoid a horrible job. He seemed very knowledgeable and a nice guy when we first met him. His website has many photos of intricate tile work. After the job he did in our house, we cannot believe he did those jobs himself (see photos). We read all the A reviews and sadly, didn’t see the F’s as they appear in later pages. We had similar experiences as mentioned on some of these reviews. When you correct Ken and tell him that something is wrong, he becomes angry and combative, telling you that you’re wrong and it will all look good when it’s done. He blames the product, saying he’ll never work with this again. We had originally chosen individual tiles when we first met him, he told us to get tiles on a mesh, as those would be easier to use, especially with a hexagon design. Then he blamed the mesh hexagon tiles he had instructed us to purchase. Our original tile choice was larger; he insisted they were floor tiles (they are not). We now have to tear it out and redo the tiling to fix this mess. If he were customer service oriented, he’d offer to fix this mess without charging us more money and doing the job correctly, which would require he start over from scratch providing the tile and doing the sheetrock (we now have to tear it down and re-install the sheetrock as well). He seemed upset that the fist day took longer than expected as my husband kept pointing out the crooked tiles, the bad spacing, etc. all annoying Ken (he doesn’t use spacers between tiles to keep them straight and even?!). After we’d point out an issue, he’d look at it and tell himself it looked great! We saved to redo our kitchen and paid a lot to have it redone, everything turned out fine except for the tile (the only work Ken did), which is a horrible eyesore. Hopefully my photos will upload so you can see the shoddy work. The corners are a COMPLETE MESS; they look terrible. Having never installed tile myself, I could easily see what the issue was. When installing hexagon tiles, you really need to start at the inside corner so you can make sure the two sides match to look like a full tile is going across the corner. Did Ken do this? NO. He began at the end and then came to the corner and had to install small pieces of tile, cut poorly and looking horrible. When you look at the photos he has on this site, he has corner diamond tiles, which are installed correctly, which makes me question if this photo is actually his work? In speaking with him, we discovered he had workers in the past, which likely explains the good reviews and photos. He even missed some tiles in the corner, telling us they could not be cut that small and instead was using grout to fill it in (look at the photos). Across the top the tiles are cut poorly, he told my husband no one would look under there, seriously? You can see that the tiles are not evenly spaced (he blames the mesh he insisted we use) and some are crooked. Once you install the tile, you cannot return it. Had he had noticed immediately it was not evenly spaced or a problem, we could have returned any unused tiles and started over; instead he kept installing it and poorly. He cannot blame the poor cutting on the tiles or the space where he missed placing grout. Tiles were breaking due to the poor cuts, which I would guess is a poor tile cutter or dull blade? He would use the damaged tiles. There are still numerous areas missing grout that we would need to fix, if we kept this terrible job. He actually asked my husband if he wore contacts because he kept finding his mistakes. I guess he wants clients with bad vision! I originally thought he just didn’t know how to install hexagon tiles, but there are photos of subway tile that was poorly installed on Angie’s List from another former customer, so that is not the issue. Speaking to a co-worker about this, she told me her daughter hired a tile person from Angie’s List with an A rating and he was horrible. She then told me his name, and it was the very same person, Ken Moses. They fixed the tiles themselves because it was so terrible, floor tiles popping out and uneven to the point you could hurt yourself. The grout was not completely filled in, he was asked to do it again, still not completely filled it. Luckily this is a backsplash, if it were your shower and you turned on the water, you’d have water leaking into your walls and floor, a very poor job. We did contact Ken after to tell him we were unhappy with the job. He offered to do a custom corner for us; basically cover up the disaster he did with more tile. He sent pictures to show us what he meant from what apparently was another corner disaster and it didn’t look good. We turned him down. We highly recommend you find someone who can properly install tile so you do not have your kitchen (or any room) ruined by a poor tile job as we did. UPDATE AS OF 11.21.19: This is in response to Ken's response to our review of 10/15/19, as there is no place to write a reply and his response is untrue. There should be a place for the customer to reply just as the service provider can and then give false information. The response is all a LIE. When we showed Ken the original tiles he told us they were floor tiles and we needed to get smaller tiles on a mesh, as this would be easier. At no time did he say you could not use Hexagon tiles for a backsplash (and many people do). He INSISTED that we needed mesh tiles if we were going to use Hexagon tiles or it would take too long. He also insisted the tiles needed to be smaller. At NO time did he tell us he could not do this type of tile job (which he certainly should have). When he came to our house to install the tiles, he never said a word about the hexagon tiles. In fact, when he was done, he told us it looked great. See the photos in our original review to see if you agree (I have included two photos here so you know which review it is). My husband got involved when he saw that the tiles were not properly spaced, Ken blamed the mesh tiles. My husband went through the boxes to pick the best looking mesh tiles since Ken seemed incapable or disinterested in doing so. Doing research, we found that people indeed use spacers when installing mesh tiles (Ken did not) and they cut the tiles off the mesh if needed (Ken did not). We NEVER threatened to write a bad review, this is a complete fabrication. After seeing how horrible the job was and that it did not look any better after the grout dried, we decided that we should not be paying for this horrendous tile job. We called Ken and told him we had put a stop payment on the check and would issue him a new check less the cost of all the supplies that we would now need to repurchase to reinstall our backsplash correctly. We are still out the $695 since we do not have a backsplash and we are starting over. Ken offered to do a "customer corner" to fix the issue, which look horrendous based on photos he sent, which I have included below. It is very concerning that Ken would tell multiple lies in his response to our review, which is honest and thorough and is accompanied by photo proof.

Description of Work
Kitchen Backsplash, Hexagon Tiles

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

Review for Affordable Tile by Moses - 5372 Meryton Park way, Raleigh, NC - 38172591

When I came for the estimate, I fully explained to the customer and his wife the challenges posed by the shape of their tile (hexagon shaped tile) because of nature of their backsplash area design. When installing tiles, the most visible areas are the priorities. In customer’s kitchen, the end of the cabinets, and around the window frames are the most visible and important areas, so those were my priorities. During the installation, customer and his wife were there from beginning to the end of the installation, also were home all night & the next day when I came back to grout it. After I completed his job, he fully inspected the job and he paid. I received a notification from the bank that customer’s check bounced, so I called him, to let him know that I will be stopping by in his house to get Money Order or cash for the bad check he wrote me, and that’s when he told me that I cannot come back to his house, claiming that he was not satisfy with my job – he offered me $150.00 as a full payment, but I told him no, that he will pay the full amount of the job ($695) Once in a while, unfortunately, you will get this kind of customer, but I thank God that there are much greater fair customers out there. Mr. [Member Name Removed] still have not replaced his bank returned check or make an arrangement to pay for his backsplash job-two weeks after the completion. He lied about everything that he does not know anything about. To find out the truth, just call any of the customers that posted review for me, and ask them anything about me. Except this review from a very very dishonest people, I have not had any review less than A grade since 2017 because I’m always do anything in my power to satisfy all my customers. My reviews speak for themselves. Just compare his review against my many other reviews, you will easily figure out his motive.

09/26/2019

Barry D.

Moses was great!!! Pricing was competitive and very good quality workmanship, completed on time. Floor to ceiling tile with a glass accent - just as we wanted it!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel - shower/tub replaced by walk-in shower

Work Completed On 09/26/2019

09/18/2019

Jeanne S.

Moses did a great job and left everything spic and span! He also gave me advice on some other tile problems I was having and gave me his honest opinion about how to approach-he does not try to sell you on extra work.

Description of Work
Moses cleaned my floor tile and re grouted around tub.

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

09/12/2019

Kristine P.

I was having a new dishwasher installed and ran into an issue with elevated floor tiles. Mr. Moses was quick to respond to my same day need removed several tiles so the installers could return and connect the dishwasher. He also returned a few days later to reinstall new floor tiles and was careful to make sure everything was level. He was extremely courteous and made sure I understood everything he was doing - and kept in touch via text message until the job was complete. I will definitely call him again if I need any tile work.

Description of Work
Kitchen Flooring Tiles

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

08/23/2019

Kevin O.

Mr. Moses showed up early morning and stayed until late in the afternoon. The work was thorough and we are very happy with the finished product. He was very pleasant to talk to and I would not hesitate to recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Kitchen backsplash

Work Completed On 05/09/2019