Affordable Remodeling Solutions INC.

Founded 2010 • With Angi since March 2010

2810 Yonkers Rd 5B

Raleigh, NC 27604

Contractor quality, without the contractor price. We are a full service remodeling company, that is owner operated. We use subcontractors for anything we aren't licensed to do, like plumbing or electrical work. We also offer custom carpentry and granite counter tops too....

home remodeling (106)tile installation (38)countertop installation (22)drywall (20)interior painting (18)marble & granite (18)woodworking (17)flooring (17)lighting (12)cabinet refacing (6)general contractors (6)plumbers (20)

03/13/2021

Patricia M.

Wonderful! Jonathan and his crew are amazing! I was one of those clients who had one thing after another go wrong (simply due to the subpar materials originally installed in my house). Jonathan and his crew were wonderful helping me get though it, answering my questions, and coming out when unexpected things happen. The work is of wonderful quality. Jonathan is great about answering texts/calls/emails really fast. There is complete honesty with everything throughout the process. This project has been 5 years in the making, and Jonathan was one of my original estimates and he was my only 'second' estimate, that's how impressed I was even 5 years ago. Jonathan worked with my budget, even the unexpected parts, and is willing to work with you to get what you need at a price you can afford. Jonathan let me do the demo myself, but then he and his crew did: new plumbing, new floor, new drywall in walls and ceiling, new electrical, new bathtub, new tile shower, new doors, new baseboard molding, new fixtures, and new bath fans. Everything was done within 1 months time. All in all, Affordable Remodeling is hands down, 100% the way to go. I will absolutely hire them again when it comes time for further projects.

Description of Work
Complete remodel of full and half bath

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 03/13/2021

02/26/2021

JT E.

I made significant changes to my kitchen in an old ranch house. Layout, entrance, washer dryer setup and conversion from electric to gas. Everything was performed professionally and to my specifications. Initially, I wanted a whole new addition added to my house, but they were able to change my kitchen layout to make it absolutely perfect for my needs. Turns out I really didn’t need the extra space. I just needed to fix what I already had. I appreciated the added input on important items like sink type, wall colors and types of counter tops. Especially when I needed added help on what would look best with my design theme. Hire an excellent contractor and get excellent work!

Description of Work
Complete Kitchen Gut and Remodel

Work Completed On 03/13/2021

Review for Affordable Remodeling Solutions INC. - 2810 Yonkers Rd, Raleigh, NC - 39247346

01/26/2020

Lisa S.

Remodeling went well even though it was over the Christmas holidays:). I knew going in my kitchen would be out of commission but finding a good contractor who'll do only what you want and not upsell you for things you don't is particularly difficult. We're very pleased with our kitchen. New granite, lighting, backsplash tile, drawer slides, cabinets refinished, dual fuel stove installed, etc. Jonathan's subs did good work; he was responsive to things that needed to be tweaked. Very trustworthy. One thing, and this worked for us, you have to be willing/able to select and provide much of the materials for your project. We like being hands on with those selections and didn't find it overwhelming or intimidating but if you want someone to come in and give you a full interior design experience where they manage and coordinate every selection (imagine renos you've seen on tv), I don't think they'd be a great fit. Bottom line -- very pleased, beautiful outcome. Conscientious contractor with a reasonable bid. Wasn't the lowest or highest though the bids generally clustered fairly closely. Will hire again when it's time for our master bath to be freshened up.

Description of Work
Kitchen upfit

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, lighting, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 03/05/2020

10/11/2019

becca S.

It went wonderfully! Jonathan answered texts very quickly. He was very communicative throughout the whole process! The men hired were respectful, tidied their workspace daily, and treated my curious kids with kindess. The budget was spot on, even came out a few hundred under! I easily and happily recommend them for projects!

Description of Work
Master Bathroom and Kids Bathroom complete Remodel

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

Review for Affordable Remodeling Solutions INC. - 2810 Yonkers Rd, Raleigh, NC - 38164935

08/25/2019

David S.

Jonathan and crew were great to work with. Our kitchen looks wonderful, it's everything I wanted and then some. Any little bumps in the job were handled quickly. I love my kitchen!!!!

Description of Work
Remodel of our 40+ year old kitchen

Work Completed On 08/25/2019

08/21/2019

Adam P.

I cannot express how much i am appreciative and transforming Jonathan and team has done for me. They have done a complete remodel of 3 Baths in 2018, and just completed my kitchen. Absolutely outstanding service and attention to detail. Jonathan and Andrew are awesome and his subs are equally awesome. The end result for all were completely stunning, on time, and on budget!! I wish I had more for them to do ;)

Description of Work
3 Bathrooms and 1 Kitchen

Work Completed On 08/21/2019

Review for Affordable Remodeling Solutions INC. - 2810 Yonkers Rd, Raleigh, NC - 38058481

07/25/2019

Katie R.

From beginning to end I was super pleased in working with AFS. Jonathan is detail oriented, punctual and stuck to the original timeline (4-5 weeks). He was not bothered by me changing my mind on certain elements and offered insightful advice. Very professional, knowledgeable and trustworthy staff. AFS brought a lot of knowledge to the project that I certainly would not have had otherwise. Would recommend!

Description of Work
Kitchen update including new countertops, removing and replacing of many light fixtures, moving/removing existing cabinets, new butlers pantry, added gas to kitchen plus new cooktop, new sink/faucet

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, lighting, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/01/2019

Review for Affordable Remodeling Solutions INC. - 2810 Yonkers Rd, Raleigh, NC - 38006761

06/21/2019

Gary O.

The house looked FANTASTIC after Jonathan and his crew finished. It sold within a couple of weeks! Jonathan is easy to work with, informative, affordable, communicative, and has great ideas and suggestions. Working with him was a real pleasure. We will definitely contract with him again.

Description of Work
Renovated and updated one of our rental houses so we could sell it. Many improvements--installed granite kitchen countertops, new sinks, kitchen and bathroom LVP flooring, bathroom vanity and medicine cabinet/mirror, ceiling fans, replaced a tile on the front porch, installed a new water heater, repaired and replaced tiles in a bathroom, and installed a subway tile backsplash in the kitchen.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/10/2020

05/12/2019

Derek M.

Unfortunately it didn't go as well as I thought. 1) Jonathan measured the appliances(speed oven and wall oven) and cabinet space, but after they had already cut my cabinet area to make room for the appliances, he tells me that we were going to lose the bottom draw. Keep in mind, this was measured by a "professional" and yet they still did not have enough room to install the appliances w/o sacrificing one of our drawers which reduced the amount of storage we have in the kitchen. He did however apologize. Please see picture. 2) We had a counter-depth dishwasher installed however the "professionals" installed it like a traditional dishwasher meaning they didn't adjust the drain tube to fit through the allocated slot and used the same setup as you would with a traditional dishwasher. He also cut the tabs so we cannot install it properly and are now stuck with a counter depth dishwasher that is not counter depth. Please refer to picture. He apologized. 3) The speed oven had to be rewired b/c it was being installed in the slot where a traditional microwave sat and we also had an induction cooktop installed that required a 40 amp breaker. What I found out later was that they installed the cooktop (40 amp in the install guide) on a 30 amp breaker. Now the cooktop will be fine on a 30 amp as long as we don't use all burners at full power, however they did not know this when they installed it. This should have been discovered during the site survey (assuming they did one) or the install process. In any event, they should have come to me, the home owner, with the options and allowed me to make the decision to have my appliance on a lower power breaker. They had no idea that the breaker wasn't the right size. As for the aforementioned speed oven, they told me it was on the same circuit as the wall oven. WRONG!! Then they had to go through the panel shutting off breakers at random to find out where it was connected. Remember, THEY installed it and had no idea where it was wired b/c they did not label it. Jonathan apologized. 4) In order to install the cooktop and a separate downdraft, the counter had to be cut. The problem is the downdraft and the cooktop are different lengths. So the cooktop area should have been cut at, let's just say ~30in and the downdraft should have been cut at let's say ~24in. What Affordable did was cut one big square so when the downdraft is in the up position, there was a jagged hole on either side of the downdraft. This does not look like the work of a professional. Jonathan, you guessed it, apologized. I will say that Jonathan is very responsive and apologetic but this does not do me any good. I hired him because I thought he was a "professional", but adding up these missteps appears to be a DIY project at my expense. I expect more from someone I'm paying thousands of dollars for a professional job.

Description of Work
Installed new appliances

Work Completed On 05/10/2019

Review for Affordable Remodeling Solutions INC. - 2810 Yonkers Rd, Raleigh, NC - 37871188

01/07/2019

Sylvia P.

I would give them the highest rating, they did excellent service.

Description of Work
They put in a tile floor on our kitchen.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 01/07/2017

09/27/2018

Gary C.

We have been completely satisfied with Jonathan’s and Andrew’s performance on our remodeling projects. Jonathan gives a detailed, line by line, estimate of the project’s costs - you know precisely what each job entails. The work was performed on time - no long delays waiting for subcontractors. The quality of his work crews was excellent (I liked them and trusted them in my home). I got jobs well done, on time, and on budget. When there was a glitch or unexpected problem, Jonathan handled it promptly and fairly. He stands behind his work. I recommend, and have recommended, Jonathan to my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Aster bath remodeling and kitchen remodeling

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, skylights, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/27/2018

Review for Affordable Remodeling Solutions INC. - 2810 Yonkers Rd, Raleigh, NC - 37429506

09/13/2018

Kate H.

Jonathan and his team did a fantastic job with our kitchen remodel. We interviewed several contractors and he immediately stood out with his professionalism in providing the estimate with the details broken out and in his responsiveness. The kitchen came out great. He timed everything perfectly so there were not delays between the different phases and he met the time estimate which I think is very unusual in construction. He was very responsive throughout the remodel and also came in a little under budget! He was also very detail oriented. For example, we had to demo part of a wall that had wallpaper and we wanted to preserve the remaining wallpaper. Other contractors we interviewed told us this was not possible. Jonathan's team did this, surgically cutting out the space and preserving the wallpaper. Additionally, they did a lot of prep work at the beginning to prevent saw dust etc. from getting all over the house during the remodel. The house remained pristine throughout the project. This was a complete demolition and remodel and we would recommend Jonathan without reservation.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Work Completed On 08/06/2018

09/11/2018

Kim M.

We are so pleased with way our bathroom turned out! I was so nervous and unsure of what to expect this being our first major project, but I was quickly put at ease. All my questions and concerns were promptly answered and they knew I needed a little extra explaining while going through the process and they had no problem giving that to me! Our bathroom turned out 10 times better than I had imagined!

Description of Work
Remodel of the master bath

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/11/2018

09/01/2018

Deborah T.

Jonathan came to our rescue when we had a very poor contractor to start out with. We were in a crunch for time to get the bathrooms done before we moved in with my 90 y/o mother and Jonathan was very easy to work with. It has taken me 2.5 years to write this review and I am doing it now because of my disappointment with our master bath shower. I think of using a point system like in the olympics when accessing work done at my house. I consider promptness, respect for my home in terms of neatness, timely correction of issues, friendliness of workers and general expertise of the people hired to do the work. Jonathan responded very well to problems that occurred and there were several. The plumber was completely incompetent: he hooked up the hot to the cold faucets on 2 sinks, he didn't insulate the water pipes to the master bath on an outside wall (we discovered when the pipes froze during the first winter with temps in the teens). The guy that did the shower and tubs never ever cleaned up after himself at the end of the day and it was a big mess. The was corrected when I told Jonathan about it but the guy had a bad attitude thereafter. He also spent a lot of time on the phone texting and taking smoking breaks. At the end everything looked fine and we were happy. Within the 1st year a floor tile cracked around the door frame and Jonathan had it repaired promptly and correctly. Now, 2.5 years later the grout is breaking apart on the master shower floor and the calking is pulling away. I told Jonathan about the grout and he said that was "normal maintenance". That could be, but I haven't seen that happen in my lifetime with tile bathrooms. I'm from the north and our homes were very, very old with the tile grout still in tact. It is because of this disappointment that I am bothering to write this review. I only do reviews if I'm very unhappy with the work or very pleased. I didn't write this sooner because I feel Jonathan is a nice guy and has honest intentions. But a business can only be as good as the workers he hires. The pictures posted shows that the shower, tub and window look very nice. The other is of the broken grout. (Uninsulated pipes are in the wall.)

Description of Work
Installed tub and shower in two bathrooms. Tiled one bathroom floor

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/01/2016

Review for Affordable Remodeling Solutions INC. - 2810 Yonkers Rd, Raleigh, NC - 37368230

03/10/2018

Kara P.

Jonathan and his team did an excellent job on my complete bathroom remodel. They were professional, punctual, and knowledgeable. I’ve also had them work on other projects for my home, such as installing a gas stove and adding ventilation so our stove could vent outside. The quality of work has exceeded my expectations. I will be happy to use them for future remodeling projects.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/04/2016

02/03/2018

Tommy O.

Jonathan and Andrew were very responsive and knowledgeable. The bathroom looks fantastic. As with any construction there were a few minor things that came up but they were great to work with. The tile work required the a bit of fixing but turned out well. They ended up finishing several weeks ahead of the original estimate. I’ll definitely use them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Remodeled hallway bathroom

Work Completed On 12/18/2017

12/16/2017

Wayne R.

A+! Jonathan and team did an amazing job on our kitchen project. We had the existing time removed, exhaust hood removed, new sheetrock, new tile, new exhaust hood installed. The team was extremely talented, professional, punctual, and clean. The project looks great and we will definitely be using them for future projects.

Description of Work
Kitchen tile and exhaust hood replacement

Category ceramic tile, drywall, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/16/2017

Review for Affordable Remodeling Solutions INC. - 2810 Yonkers Rd, Raleigh, NC - 36677022

12/05/2017

William H.

Jonathan and his team deliver quality remodeling work on-time and as budgeted; the tile and carpentry work has been exceptional, and the electrical work is always completed on-time. Jonathan's quotes are detailed, and he goes above and beyond to help with hard to find fixtures, if needed. He has established partnerships with Mosaic Tile and with Ferguson fixtures ensuring prompt service through his vendors.

Description of Work
Repeat customer - full remodel of master bathroom and half bath.

Category drywall, electrician, glass repair, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

08/19/2017

Allison K.

Great! It went a little longer than we anticipated but it was purely our fault. We added on a couple extra pieces and parts to the project so that definitely added more time to the schedule. But Jonathan and his crew were always professional and we would definitely hire them again for any kitchen or bathroom remodels.

Description of Work
We needed a wall taken out between our kitchen and living room. We had a half-wall put up, cabinets put in against the wall, and granite counter-tops and a bar that matched the rest of the kitchen. We also had a back-splash put in for the existing kitchen area as well as against the new half-wall.

Work Completed On 08/02/2017

Review for Affordable Remodeling Solutions INC. - 2810 Yonkers Rd, Raleigh, NC - 36085934

08/18/2017

Donald M.

I love the new look and functionality of one level and additional storage space. The job went very well and I was not without my cooktop nearly as long as I'd expected.

Description of Work
We remodel our kitchen island and took it from two levels (one high enough, but too high for me, accommodated bar stools) to one large area with an additional three cabinets.

Category countertops, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/24/2017

08/14/2017

Dwight M.

The remodel itself went well. This was completed after I had some significant water damage from a pipe burst. Jonathan had a good plan for the work and took care of all of the structural, electrical, plumbing and dry wall. I took care of the floors and cabinet installation myself. What I didn't realize was that he never got a permit for the work. I realized it two years later when trying to sell my home. I emailed him and asked about it. He said that he didn't pull one because I didn't ask him to. I never asked him to because I didn't know we needed one, I leaned on him as the contractor to inform me if we needed a permit. After about $4000 worth of work, I finally got the home permitted. I gave him a D instead of an F because even though not pulling a permit for the work is inexcusable, he did provide sketches and photos to help in the permitting process.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel.

Work Completed On 08/14/2017

Thank you for your review. Back when this work was completed, June 2014, I allowed my customers to [Member Information Removed] the discussion about permitting their projects. Some wanted permits, some didn't. If the customer didn't ask, I wouldn't bring it up either. I see now how that was the wrong approach, and how costly it can be for them. It is now my company policy to discuss the entire permitting and inspections process with each client at our initial meeting, and let them make the decision to get a permit or not. In some cases permits are needed, and in some cases not. I'm sorry we didn't have a better outcome on your project. I am using this as a learning experience and plan on doing better in the future. I wish you all the best. Jonathan Doering.

08/14/2017

kevin R.

First bathroom remodeling went reasonably well. Second did not. Inferior materials were used. We had to pay for ancillary damage done during destruct. Price for shower glass enclosure, done by their subcontractor, was out of line, and installation was not in accord with what we had specified in design. Seemed like Affordable Remodeling was trying to "get well" with second bathroom remodeling project!

Description of Work
Bathrooms Remodeling

Category ceramic tile, countertops, glass repair, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/01/2017