RBM SERVICES

Founded 1995 • With Angi since July 2006

P.O. Box 485

Pleasant Garden, NC 27313

Home Improvement Pros, we do it ALL!!!! Licensed Contractor remodeling, building, and maintenance company proudly serving the Triad since 1995. Over 60 years of combined, professional experience at work for you for the lowest possible cost! You'll wonder how you lived without us! FREE ESTIMATES.

09/20/2016

Bob H.

Not well. Came to discuss job. Promised written quote over that weekend. Called Monday morning to apologize that quote wasn't provided, but that I'd have it that night. I said no big deal, don't expect you to work on weekend. No quote that night or the next day. Called Wed. Finally heard from him Thurs when he informed me that he wouldn't be able to do the job for more than 2 months, and then it would be too cold. Never got the quote. Seemed like a good guy that knew what he was doing, but definitely didn't follow through on promises.

Description of Work
Building of a dock

Category decks

02/14/2016

thomas G.

went perfect - came day after I called and refused to bill me. We have used them for many projects over the years from plumbing work, electrical, painting, installing hardwood floors, remodeling bathrooms, tiling - no job too big or too small - have probably spent over $ 20,000 with them as we bought an older home to fix up and they did most all the work. Several things we really like re that when they finish for the day, they really clean up even if they are continuing the same work the next day. Also, if they don't have the skill set or equipment for a job, they don't try to fake I but will give you several good references to choose from.

Description of Work
this time they came by and repaired a singe piece of wood on my deck facing - did not charge me

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

09/07/2015

T L K.

After leaving a few voicemails over the span of a month or more, I finally got a live person once who said they would call me back, but never did.

Description of Work
Since I prefer to work with local small businesses, I contacted RBM Services to see if they were interested in rebuilding my deck, as they are both local and do quite a bit of work in my neighborhood.

Category decks, interior painters

I'm sorry, but I think this is a case of mistaken identity. I do know who you are, Mr. [removed name], as I quoted this work for you 3 years ago, but I haven't heard from you since. I haven't gotten a voicemail from you anytime recently and I most certainly haven't spoken to you and said I would call you back. Furthermore, my quote 3 years ago was for $4000, not $20,000. Perhaps it has taken you that long to clear up your litigation with the company who originally built your deck, but you haven't talked to me. In addition, when we did meet 3 years ago, you had gotten my name from our local community directory. Why, now, would you seek me out on Angie's List to leave a negative review when our interaction years ago never even involved Angie's List? I am aware that you have had several local contractors come to look at this work for you, maybe you've mistaken me for one of them. I'm also aware that a couple of contractors have walked off the job on you (which comes as no shock since you sued your original contractor), perhaps that has you jaded and has prompted you to spread negativity amongst any contractor you've come in contact with over the past few years. At any rate, outside of the quote I submitted to you 3 years ago, I have not had any interaction with you. I pride myself on my work and my professionalism. This business is how I put food on the table for my wife and children. It would be most appreciated if you would never leave me a negative review again for work that I had nothing to do with. Thank you!

01/08/2015

James T.

Does an excellent job, cleans for us on a regular schedule. Very satisfied

Description of Work
house cleaning

11/17/2014

Tracey H.

Problem resolved. Very courteous plumbers.

Description of Work
Cleaned out stopped up drains in kitchen

Category roofing, water damage restoration, interior painters

11/07/2014

Pam G.

Bryan and his crew were very professional and reliable. In particular, Bryan was excellent in maintaining ongoing communication with us throughout the project. The work was done promptly: it was started soon after hire and was completed before the promised time and within the estimated cost. We are very happy with the work completed and will certainly call upon RBM for any future construction projects.

Description of Work
Framed and drywalled large attic storage space, including addition of HVAC vent.

Category contractors, drywall, interior painters

02/16/2014

James T.

Very professional while performing quality work. We have used them previously with the same excellent results and highly recommend their services

Description of Work
A number of electrical repairs & improvements

05/21/2013

Karen W.

They did a great job. Their price was very reasonable. I think they were very straight forward. They kept me informed of what was going on, which was very important because I'm out of state.

Description of Work
They remodeled my fathers house so I could sell it. They did painting, carpentry, remodeled the bathroom and kitchen, as well as new electrical work.

Category contractors, electrician, home remodeling, interior painters

04/18/2013

Vernon O.

Wanted to finish attic space into bonus room in late 2009. RMB and one other contractor submitted bids and we wanted to get started around Thanksgiving. RMB and other contractor were very close in price. We went with RMB because they could start project sooner. Because of the holidays, it was difficult to get crew together. However the heat and air conditioning were installed in December. This was accomplished by extending ducts and vents from existing system. Bulk of project got underway in early Jan. 2010 and was completed by end of that month. We were quoted standard flooring but decided to go with bamboo. This increased cost about $1300 which felt was reasonable and otherwise was within budget. They were very good about cleanup each day and were on time and professional. Overall was pleased and would use again. Only thing I would recommend for improvement was put more detail in original quote.

Description of Work
Remodel of attic from installation of drywall, bamboo flooring, ceiling lights and mechanical service.

Category drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, interior painters

01/10/2013

amy B.

We had a very positive experience with this company in the past on an interior painting job, but with this project our experience was not quite as good. The quality of work they perform is very good, but there were multiple miscommunications and lack of communication that occurred during this project for us. Alot of the work was performed during the day while I was at work, so communication with me regarding important information that needed to be relayed or changes to the project should have been priority. Again, the quality of work was very good and I would simply recommend when hiring them that it is important up front to get the quote/specifics in writing and to set clear expectations so that there are no misunderstandings along the way. This is something that is important when hiring or working any contractor.

Description of Work
Partial bathroom remodel. Removing and installation of new ceramic floor tile. installation of wall tile patterns in 2 locations. Removal of old bathroom cabinet and installtion of new one.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, interior painters

12/03/2012

Derek Y.

They were very professional and courteous. They came out and took measurements and gave an estimate on the spot. Even after we decided not to have the work done, they were still professional and responsive to further inquiries.

Description of Work
Rbm services provided an estimate on some water damaged siding and a broken window.

Category siding, replacement windows

04/13/2012

thomas G.

It went very well - I was recovering from surgery and knew I could depend on them. We have used them a number of times and always been very pleased and they always find the best way to do something and offer money saving suggestions.

Description of Work
Fixed and replaced parts of a picket fence, built a new gate, removed wallpaper and painted a room, repaired malfunctioning light in a ceiling fan, repaired a wooden outdoor garden walkway, repaired a hardwood floor and several other small items. They are great because they can do and will do so many different things. Great with our dog, leave the place clean every day if it takes more than one day. Price is always very reasonable. Painted outside of house in the past, put in replacement windows in the past and did hardwood floors - all work excellent.

Category electrician, fencing, lighting, plumbing, ceiling fans, house painters, interior painters

10/27/2011

Kathleen R.

,They worked together well and built a very nice, strong deck with a sturdy railing. They were efficient with time and cleaned up very well. They went to Lowe's to pick up the exterior french door and called me from there to ask about the door hardware which I had not even thought about since I thought the door came with the hardware. Brian made suggestions of what he thought I would like and brought the hardware with him when they came to install the door saving and extra trip and prolonging the installation.

Description of Work
Removal of old deck and sliding glass doors, hauling off those materials, building new deck and installation & painting of new french doors and hardware.

Category decks, electrician, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

09/27/2011

James S.

Still looking for someone to clean and stain my deck.

Description of Work
I emailed via Angies List and I waited and got no reply. After a week, I went on their site and emailed them through their site. I even suggested that if their too busy let me know. Still nothing. I can't imagine why the are listed on an internet site and can't reply to a simple quote for service. Not much of a review but what I'd say is don't expect a reply on a request to quote for deck service that was my experience. It's a sad way to lose business.

Category decks, deck cleaning

Thanks for your interest in my services, member. I would be thrilled to clean and stain your deck for you! I very rarely check my email, and that's apparently the only way you tried contacting me. Matter of fact, I just got both your intial email about the work and a notification of this report tonight when I did check it. I never saw a request sent through my little site, not even sure that works correctly. My phone number is clearly listed both here and on my own website, both of which you seem to have found alright so I would assume you saw it as well. A phone call will produce you a quote within 24 hours. Please call me at 336-580-1784 and I'll promptly take a look at your work if you're still interested. Thanks a million, I hope to at least earn an ammendment to your report.

09/08/2011

James T.

I called Bryan and spoke to him about coming out for a bathroom remodel. We talked about what needed to be done and agreed to a date for him to come out to the house and prepare for a bid. This conversation took place while Bryan was driving and he could not write down the information or check his calendar to set a specific time of day, so he asked me to call him right back and he would let the phone go to voicemail so I could leave him pertinent information and he could call me back later to set a time. I called and left the requested information, but did not hear back from him before the scheduled day. The next day I did receive a voicemail stating he was still interested in doing the work, but had been very busy.

Description of Work
None

Category home remodeling

Though I strive for nothing more than to completely satisfy EVERY potential and actual customer, have solid communication, honor all commitments I make, and always respectfully differ to the "customer is always right" creed, your recollection of our brief conversation varies greatly from mine. We did speak while I was in Home Depot getting materials, not driving, towards the end of the work week (Friday, Sept. 2nd) and I indeed didn't have my administrative tools with me to set the appointment. We agreed that I would come by one day the next week (Wednesday, September 7th to be exact), calling you the in morning the day before the appointment (Tuesday) to confirm a time. I called you exactly when I said I would and you didn't answer. You explained to me you work odd hours so I figured you may be sleeping. I called again later to no answer yet again. By this time, I already had a busy schedule in place for the next day (time is of the essence in my business, tough to hold off on other obligations to see if someone "might" call you back) but my first commitment was to you. I left a message stating that I would be very busy but would still come by like I said I would at your convenience if we couldn't push it back one day. I NEVER got a return phone call from you whatsoever. I was then and am still very interested in your job, and after basically feeling completely blown off by you I'm honestly baffled to even see this negative report surface. I would have appreciated you at least answering my call or calling me back, fulfilling your end and not taking control of the situation completely out of my hands before portraying me in a negative light.

07/20/2011

Jacqueline R.

I felt that this company lacked proffessionalism.

Description of Work
After playing phone tag for several days I set up an appointment for an estimate. No show ! No further communications.

Category drywall, interior painters

I am terribly sorry for my lack of responsiveness, Member. Your job order mistakenly got misplaced in a stack of papers I was filing away over the July 4th holiday weekend and slipped my mind after the long weekend. My first recollection of it was seeing this report. My most sincere apologies. I will still be more than happy to come take a look at your job if you would like for me to do so. Please feel free to call me at 336-580-1784.

02/06/2011

carol B.

I called Brian Newman on January 7 for an estimate to remodel our garage into living space with a living room, bedroom and bathroom. He responded promptly to my call and came out within a day to view the project. He was very personable and seemed knowledgeable and able to do the work we needed. At first he said he would try to have the quote to us by January 10. We told him we would be busy all week and out of town the following weekend so he could wait until the following week to get back to us with a quote. He said he appreciated a little extra time as that would probably make the quote lower since he would have time to research the materials. We were expecting a response by the week of January 17 but it's now 4 weeks since he was here and we have heard nothing. We are proceeding to have the work done by someone who is more responsive.

Description of Work
No services performed.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

I must offer my most sincere apologies in not getting back to you in a timely fashion. I could make excuses as to why all day, but they do no good for anyone. Simply stated, I dropped the ball on getting an estimate to you and I am terribly sorry for that. I do my best to respond to every job as promptly as possible and treat every customer as the most important customer I've ever dealt with. Though you responded that you wouldn't hire me again, I would appreciate your consideration for future projects. Thanks for the kind words that you did have to say about me, I feel that those traits are generally more representative of my business practices and personal endeavors than the latter of not getting back to you. I do feel however, that lumping this report under the single category of remodeling would have been sufficient, I don't see the need to list it under virtually every category Angie's List offers. At any rate, thank you so much for the initial call and I do hope I haven't burned any bridges on future projects or any help you might need in completing the current one.

01/19/2011

JOYCE S.

We have used them several times. They are multi talented. They did all the work pretty well, and we are pleased with them. They are trust worthy and friendly. They do what they say they are going to do. They are very conscious about pleasing their customers so we like working with them.

Description of Work
I used RBM Services a year ago. They came two or tree times as a team and did multiple things. They did some remodeling first and they put tiles in the kitchen and the bathroom and later did some interior painting.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling, interior painters

10/25/2010

Kathleen R.

RBM is very organized. There are three guys that work together and they seem like they love working together and feed off of each other. They are very efficient and clean, they do not leave a lot of debris in the yard.

Description of Work
RBM Services put in a french door for us in replacement of sliding glass doors in our bedroom and came back and built a small deck for us on the other side of the french doors.

Category contractors, decks, handyman service, remodeling, deck cleaning, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors

05/03/2010

JOYCE S.

They were great. There were three people that came and they each did their own thing, which we liked. When one of them isn't busy, they will do smaller bits so they make good use of their time. We were real happy with their work. We have called them again and he has called us back twice for scheduling. They have been very busy. The price was reasonable.

Description of Work
We used RBM Services to do a whole bunch of jobs. They painted a large part of the upstairs and they installed tile in the kitchen and a tile floor in a bathroom upstairs. It included the grouting. They also hung a door and put large patio blocks down and paved over a section for us to put a utility shed outside.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, handyman service, interior painters, hardscaping

02/18/2010

Vernon O.

Got initial estimate week or so before Thanksgiving and wanted to get about half the job done before Christmas. Got a late start with holidays some of the builder's crew was not available. Was able to get heat and insulation in before Christmas. Bulk of work started right after New Year and was completed in about three weeks. Initial estimate was within a few dollars of another contractor's estimate. We wanted hardwood flooring and estimate was based on laminate so final cost was additional $1400 which was reasonable. Overall, builder was very good to work with. Crew was good about not creating mess in rest of house during project. Quality of work was very good and I would use this company again.

Description of Work
Finished a bonus room including running heat and a/c from attic, install electric outlets, lighting, drywall and hardwood flooring. Room was roughed in over garage but had only knee wall studs and plywood flooring. General contractor arranged mechanical company to run ductwork for heat and a/c from exisiting heat pump in attic. Installed framing to level peaked roof and installed drywall, hardwood bamboo flooring and trim.

Category drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, remodeling

08/24/2009

Leah D.

It went well. They came on very short notice and completed the work within a very tight timeframe. The only glitch was that they showed up a little late (by about 45 minutes), which was significant given how little time we had to finish the job.

Description of Work
interior painting of 2 rooms

03/11/2009

TOM G.

They came up with ideas to make it look very good and keep price reasonable, including using existing spa tub. We have used these folks for window replacements, new doors, hardwood flooring, inside and outside painting and have always found them to be great and very price competitive.

Description of Work
Remodeled master bath including flooring, sinks, walls, vanities, did painting lights, etc. Work quality is exceptional and they did all plumbing and electrical required and it came out beautiful. They clean up really well are courteous, helpful and very price competitive.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

06/18/2007

TOM G.

They were extraordinary. The detail was excellent. They were on time and they started when they said they were going to. They really did things above and beyond and completed every job as promised. One of the things we really liked about them was that they are trustworthy and that they left the place spotless at the end of each of day.

Description of Work
They did a lot of work that included the entire interior of our 1700 square foot home. They installed new windows and replaced some siding. We had them replace the hardy board, where it was needed also. They did cement composition siding and added new hardwood flooring throughout as well. They also installed new plumbing and cabinets in the kitchen.

Category hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling

06/14/2007

Roy H.

The job was done as promised, at the cost promised, in the time promised. I had some life events that delayed the start date and they were understanding and thoughtful about the delay. They came over before the job to double check everything and to make sure I didn't have any questions. After doing this job I immediately arranged for them to do some additional work.

Description of Work
Tore out an old bathtub and tile wall. Installed a new bathtub & shower with new fixtures, made new electrical connections for the jets and heater, installed Swanstone walls, tore out and installed two toilets.

Category remodeling

Southern Builders of Alamance  Inc

Southern Builders of Alamance Inc has been in business since 2001 and have been growing strong ever since. We design and build unique and affordable decks, screen porches, and other custom outdoor living spaces. We are dedicated to using only superior materials, construction techniques, and craftsmanship. From concept planning through completion, we will work with you to achieve the best results possible. We want your family and friends to enjoy and share experiences that an outdoor living space provides. Throughout the process , from the first consultation to the completion of your project, We strive to provide you with the highest level of professionalism ,reliability ,and attention to detail possible. All too often we find ourselves in a situation out of our control when we are forced to deal with incompetence and unsatisfactory conditions. Competence is a valued trait and should not be taken for granted among service providers. It is a personal goal for us to leave each customer with the feeling of satisfaction that will carry on to their friends and family. The best advertisement is a satisfied client willing to spread the good word . We encourage you to speak with some of our past customers and will gladly provide references upon request. When you have chosen Southern Builders of Alamance Inc for your project a written contract will be drafted. This will show our 5 year guaranty on our workmanship along with a detailed description of your project and pay schedule as pertains to it.

Brick Doctor Inc

We install and repair stone, brick, block on residential and commercial. We specialize in stone, building outdoor fireplaces and outdoor living areas.

Big Cat Handy Worx

Big Cat Handy Worx is the Handyman business you’re looking for. Including demolition, power Washing, professional cleaning, and much more. Ready to work to get your home the way you want it.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

ADDITIONS, KITCHEN & BATH REMODELS, CARPENTRY, PLUMBING, ELECTRIC, PAINTING, HARDWOOD, VINYL FLOORING, TILE, SIDING, DECKS, SHEDS, FENCES, WINDOWS, DRYWALL, CRAWLSPACE STRUCTURAL REPAIRS, ROTTEN WOOD REPLACEMENT, TERMITE DAMAGE REPAIR SPECIALISTS, GUTTER CLEANING & INSTALL, DISASTER & STORM RESTORATION. NO JOB TOO BIG OR TOO SMALL!!!!!

NATURAL GAS SERVICE.