Garage Door Services LLC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since July 2008

64 Madeline Way

Pittsboro, NC 27312

Locally owned and operated, Garage Door Services L.L.C. is committed to customer service and quality. We service nearly all makes and models of doors and operators, and work closely with our vendors to ensure our customers needs are met, whether it be a specific door application or need, or tracking down that hard to find opener remote. We also work with builders when doing a remodel, an addition, or complete new construction. Rental property? Sure - we work with local real estate agents to get the property repaired, or ready to pass a home inspection prior to sale....

05/03/2022

ryan N.

I hate to do this. First time giving a bad review to a contractor however I have to warn other potential customers. George installed a garage door at my home going on two months ago. The door he ordered was too small and has a few inch gap between the top of the door and door frame. He told me this could be remedied by ordering a trim piece that can fill the gap and he would be over to fix it the following week. No problem right. Well two months later and I have yet to hear from George. I have called and emailed him once weekly to try and reach him to no avail. I gave George the job because he was a small business and had a veteran discount advertised on his website. As a disabled Veteran I thought he would be a good guy. As it turns out I paid him in full over $1300 even though the job was not completed in full (my mistake). As of this posting inflation is at 10% and times are tough on everyone. We are all working hard for what we have and would like to get what we pay for, it is not personal. If George does fix this problem I will be happy to revise this posting and change the poor rating, however as of now the job is not finished.

Description of Work
Replace a one car garage door.

09/11/2019

Ann E.

Called in AM and responded in afternoon. very professional and explained how the door worked and what to do if acting up again. He programed my new remote and took his time to lube the springs and made sure everything worked as should. I will definitely use him as needed. His price was more than reasonable.

Description of Work
service garage door and program remote

01/24/2018

dawn R.

Very smooth, quick response and work, made recommendations for when replacement would be needed, would hire again

Description of Work
garage door repair

09/02/2017

Lenora B.

Great outcome.

Description of Work
Door wound not open with remote; they fixed the issue

06/23/2017

Patricia M.

George arrived on time, replace the springs and rollers. The door works better than it had in years. I plan to have him back next week to add better seals around the perimeter of the door. He was very knowledgeable, efficient and reasonably priced. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Torsion spring broken and 26 year-old rollers would not stay in track.

06/01/2017

DAVID F.

He was quick, prompt, efficient and communicative.

Description of Work
Garage Door Services installed the door in 2010. We have had no problems until last week, when it stopped closing correctly. George came out and immediately pointed out the problem, which was that I had accidentally kicked the photo eye out of alignment, and showed me how to fix it if it happens again. While he was here he also did general maintenance. It now works perfectly again.

11/21/2016

Robert K.

George originaly installed the garage doors in 2005 when we purchased the house and did an excellent job. No problems until the spring broke yesterday. He replaced the broke spring and we decided to replace the other spring before that broke. Also checked everything our - reset the keypad code since we had forgotten it and purchased another remote for another car. George was here within a hour of my call and the service was prompt an professional

Description of Work
Replace broken spring on garage door.

04/29/2016

Douglas B.

Description of Work
Adjusted door tensions on both doors and replaced sensors on one of the doors. He explained everything clearly and was very professional. I recommend him highly and will use him again.

01/15/2015

Melissa F.

George did an excellent job, explaining and repairing. Highly recommend his company.

Description of Work
Replaced springs on garage door

09/16/2014

jill H.

Great. Got Angie's list coupon w/o even asking. Lubricated and inspected all of the elements of the door which had not been done, (ever house built 2003). He said that he actually put in this door originally!

Description of Work
Came to service squeaky garage door which had slowed down a bit

08/15/2014

Calvin W.

The door wouldn't open or close the first time. He fixed it by adjusting something. A few weeks later I had a similar problem and he fixed it again. The second problem was different from the first. Very responsive. The garage door works, which is the goal.

Description of Work
Fixed door twice. I can't remember the cost.

06/05/2014

lorentz F.

Every thing went fine door works OK.

Description of Work
One of the torsion springs on my garage door broke making it inoperable, I called Garage Door Services and had them replace both springs and check door. Service man showed as scheduled, repaired the door in short order, was very efficient and courteous. I would certainly recommend them.

05/16/2014

George P.

Wanted door leveled (not square with frame) but that wasn't done. Other work done was fine.

Description of Work
Annual checkup.

Category garage doors

I have contacted Angie's List regarding this review about two weeks ago, and while it is a fairly positive one, it is in fact NOT ours. I have no record of our company ever being at this particular location, and would also like to point out that the cost stated for an annual check-up is well above what we would normally charge for the same service. Since we have no record of this call, we have no way to verify if any parts were used, as it is not clear in the review given. I wanted any members looking at our reviews to be able to make a fair and informed decision when choosing a company for their garage door repair needs, as this review is not an accurate one for our company. George Onda Garage Door Services, L.L.C.

05/07/2014

sandralee W.

This is a great company. I call the on 5/6/2014 and spoke to a representative and explained situation. He knew immediately what the problem was. Made arrangements to come on 5/7/2014 at 1100. Agent came on time and was very professional. He fixes the problem in about 45 minutes and showed me the bad part. My garage door is now fully fuctional. I would hire this company again in a heartbeat. Super service.

Description of Work
Replace wheel in garage door motor

10/19/2013

Bradley V.

THey had to get some part to replace and fix the circuit board. They were very reasonably priced. They fixed the door when I was not here and it was they did a very nice job. I told him I need a light fixed and he did that at no extra charge. I was very happy with the service. He even told us about a feature that we never knew about.

Description of Work
They fixed the garage door.

09/16/2013

Jack H.

George said he installed both of my garage doors for my builder and was very familiar with them. I have used him 3 times in the 4 years I have lived here. He is responsive, punctual, very knowledgeable, and resonably priced. I will always use him for my garage door needs. He also has done work for friends and they were also very pleased.

Description of Work
Reprogrammed my home link for 2 cars and installed a remote on one of my garage doors. Lubricated my door to stop squeaking noise.

03/09/2013

Harris W.

No Problems. Showed up when he said he would, fixed problem promptly. Very knowledgeable and professional.

Description of Work
Fix garage door opener.

12/04/2012

Linwood B.

Torsion spring broke with the vehicles outside of the garage on a Friday night. My wife posted the garage door issue on Facebook and received a couple of recommendations to use Garage Door Services LLC before I had a chance to look them up on Angies List. Contacted the company on Saturday morning for an estimate and service call. They gave an estimate of $150 and were available to come out that afternoon. However, we were leaving town and made an appointment for the following Wednesday. Garage Door Services LLC arrived as scheduled on Wednesday and performed the repair. The bill was slightly less than the estimate. We would use again.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced a double garage door torsion spring that had broken for a 17 year old garage door. Inspected door, rollers, track, and opener for any issues. Serviced rollers and replaced any damaged rollers.

10/29/2010

Linda H.

Excellent experience. I got his name from Angie's List.

Description of Work
George responded in a very professional manor. Our garage door wouldn't work and after he arrived it worked perfectly. (Murphy's Law.) Since I had a wasted service call, he looked at our Overhead Door keypad which hasn't been working in years. He programmed it within 5 minutes. Overhead door from Raleigh worked on the system for about one half hour in the past and couldn't get it to work. George also corrected a roller problem for me. I then asked him to replace the gasket sealer that surrounded the door, which always got stuck in the hot sun because it had been painted. He ordered the gasket sealer and replaced it today. I must say I am extremely pleased with his work and with the price charged. I would highly recommend him to anyone in the future.

08/26/2010

DAVID F.

I was renovating a carport into an enclosed shop with garage doors. It turned out that the height of the opening changed dramatically from one size to the other. Their installer had to be a bit creative to get it to look right. He put in a lot of extra time without extra charge. I was very impressed with his dedication and the quality of the end result.

Description of Work
Purchase and install two-car garage door.

08/24/2010

Bob L.

George was very courteous, knowledgeable and efficient. If you have a problem with your garage door, don't hesitate to call him.

Description of Work
George replaced a broken tension spring, confirmed that the door worked properly and gave advice on how to maintain the door.

08/26/2009

John M.

George showed up right when he said that he would, did the work in under 30 minutes, charged me the price he quoted over the phone earlier.

Description of Work
Replaced both torsion springs on my 2-car garage door

08/18/2009

Robert C.

I called George on Monday, and he was here Tuesday. He had the parts he required with him. He worked quickly, got the job done, and was gone in about an hour total. I'm very happy and am now actively recommending him to a friend.

Description of Work
George replaced a garage door spring and assessed and repaired a second door's failure to close (replacing the sensor lights).

05/19/2009

nicole L.

Garage door was not opening. They diagnosed the rollers to be worn. Gave estimate (time and cost) and completed it right away.

Description of Work
Replaced rollers.

07/17/2008

Miriam J.

George was very prompt and courteous. His work was thorough and his prices were reasonable. I would recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Garage Door Services repaired my garage door and replaced bearings.