Chimneys Plus Inc

Founded 1988 • With Angi since June 2006

Chimneys Plus, Inc offers comprehensive chimney cleaning and maintenance for homeowners. Additional services include restoration and repair of existing hearths and chimneys, sales and installation of woodstoves, fireplaces and gas logs. Chimneys Plus, Inc is dedicated to bringing the magic and enjoyment of the hearth to families safely....

Gutter Guard Tech

Gutter Guard Tech is a local family owned and operated company based out of Raleigh N.C. Our foundation is built on putting our client's needs first while adhering to a company culture that keeps not only the employees happy, but our clients engaged with the company as well. Through exceptional service, our client's needs will be taken care of every step of the way to the best of our ability. We install the nation's most trusted gutter protection options. No need to replace your existing gutters if they are working well, we can install our gutter protection directly on your gutters. We offer installation and replacement of your gutters with new seamless aluminum gutters. Call today for 20% off your Gutter Guard Tech project!

All American Gutter Protection

The best decision you'll ever make! All American Gutter Protection is an innovative gutter protection company that is established and manufactured in the USA, who prides themselves on the highest quality product, installation, customer service and satisfaction. Specializing in seamless aluminum gutters and a stainless steel micro filter gutter guard, All American Gutter Protection is the number one choice when it comes to all gutter needs. All American Gutter Protection uses only authorized, trained technicians and a lifetime performance warranty.

LeavesOut Gutter Guards of Raleigh, LLC

In 1989 my Dad invented the #1 rated gutter guard web wide with the industry's strongest written warranty. We offer a 100% lifetime ” No-Clog” guarantee, 44 point inspection and repair, Lifetime ALCOA warranty, 20-year written transferable warranty and the only money back guarantee that our gutter covers will not overshoot in the heaviest rain. Learn why LeavesOut is the #1 consumer rated gutter guard online; visit www.raleighgutterguards.com today.

08/12/2020

Katherine J.

Excellent! Strange as it may sound, the visit from Chimneys Plus folks turned out to be the most enjoyable event of my week! Scheduling by phone was easy and quick... and Larry and Eric showed up on time, (wearing masks the whole time, which I appreciate during this pandemic), did a clean efficient job, spent the time to answer my questions and show me the views of the camera going up my chimney, teaching me a lot about the whole business, all the while being friendly not only to me but to my annoying barking little terriers. I really like, and trust, these guys! Thorough and neat and honest... didn't try to sell me anything I didn't need. I was told in advance what the cost of a chimney cleaning would be... no surprises. I will be using them for all my chimney/ fireplace/woodstove needs in the future, and highly recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
chimney cleaning

Category chimney sweep

10/09/2019

Andrea S.

The entire process was very smooth, and they get an A++++ for communication! This is one of the main reasons I selected them for the project. The salesperson, Nelson, could not have been more polite, informative, and patient in answering all of my questions. He really knows his stuff! Rodrigo and his team worked quickly and efficiently on the installation, taking special care not to trample any plants, and even blowing off our entire driveway in their cleanup process!! This company does things the way I wish all companies did. An excellent job, all the way through, at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Needed gutters replaced and some gutters added

Category gutter repair

06/10/2019

Gregory E.

This is the third time over a 3 year period that I have Chimneys Plus, Inc service the gas fireplace or dryer in my home. The quality of the work, attention to every detail, competence and professionalism are simply outstanding. Doug and Craig arrived on time and completed the job in slightly over an hour. Everything was clean when they left. I received an emailed report with photographs describing what was done and possible needs in the future.

Description of Work
Periodic maintenance of fireplace / Trouble shooting of intermittent problem

Category gas logs

09/02/2018

Sherry G.

All went well. This company installed our gas log insert and did a great job. We followed the recommended maintenance and had them come out and inspect our insert. The guys were very pleasant, arrived on time, and cleaned our unit and tested before leaving. Also provided some helpful hints for operating the unit. Very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
Maintenance on gas log insert.

Category chimney sweep,fireplaces

05/04/2018

Stephanie H.

Excellent Service. Were able to arrive earlier than scheduled, allowing me to leave earlier for work. Did a minor repair at no additional cost. Were attentive to details, gave me photos of the work, inside and out, and left my house perfectly clean. Very polite and friendly.

Description of Work
Fireplace cleaning

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps

01/08/2018

BETH J.

Our gas fireplace would go on, but then shut off after 10 minutes or so. When I called to schedule the service call, the next available date was over 3 weeks away. While I was disappointed I couldn't get someone out sooner, the company was clear in communicating with me about it. As it happened, snow on the day of our scheduled appointment prevented them from being able to come out, but they called promptly and offered to reschedule to the following Saturday, which worked for us. The day of the appointment, they called about 30 minutes in advance to confirm the exact time the technicians would arrive. Two technicians came out. One was more of a helper, who cleaned the glass fireplace cover and did some other checks. The main technician checked everything over, explained what the various parts were and why they might not be working. In our case, all that was required was to clean out the various interior components. The technician let the fireplace run for at least 20 minutes while he checked the exterior venting and wrote up a report, so we were confident the problem was taken care of. We received an electronic copy of the report of the work done, which included photographs of the fireplace, the monitoring equipment, and the exterior vent, along with explanations of everything that was checked/done. I appreciate the detail. We had been told in advance the cost of the service visit would be $225, and since no parts needed to be replaced, that is what the invoice was for. We paid with a check at the time of the visit (which had been explained as the preferred payment mechanism when I made the appointment). Scheduling was easy, communication with the office and technician was clear, the work was done efficiently. We will use this company again.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace wasn't working properly

Category fireplaces,gas logs

11/10/2016

Franklin T.

Good price based on another bid, on time, very professional, and the repairs took care of our problem.

Description of Work
Plugged leaks around flashing, sealed chipped brick, and sealed some mortar sites. Also, installed a chimney cap.

Category masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

09/13/2016

ANGELICA F.

On the day, everything seemed fine. To pull out the gas logs, the chimney would have to be brought up to code and the estimate was close to $8000. Pricey, but the technician explained what he would have to do and provided pictures of problem areas in my chimney that would need to be fixed. That was out of our budget, so we held off. However, just recently (8 months after Chimneys Plus) my wife and I noticed a really bad odor and called a wildlife specialist. There was a dead squirrel in the chimney, but the guy pulled out 10 other dead squirrels (10!) that had been in there for years (we've been in the house 18 months). I asked how that could be since we'd had the chimney cleaned and inspected and he said "You got scammed". He showed me the old squirrels, all of which were just skeletons or mummified remains. He said some of them might have been in there a decade. He said that they would have all smelled just as bad as the most recent one when they died, so if we hadn't smelled anything (which we hadn't), then they had all died before we bought the house. If my $225 for a cleaning and inspection didn't get the dead squirrels out of my chimney or a recommendation of a wildlife-proof cap, what did I pay for? If cleaning doesn't include removal of dead squirrels, at least give me a heads up that they're in there. ******UPDATE******** The owner of the company followed up with us and apologized. He explained why he thought the problem was missed and said that it would be included in future trainings. He also refunded the money for the cleaning. I appreciated his call and his professionalism.” We would like to change the grade from D to B+. We really appreciated the owner contacting us and his refund of the money.

Description of Work
About six months after moving into a new house, we wanted to see if we could remove old gas logs that were rusted and not up to code and go back to a wood burning fireplace. We got a cleaning and inspection, which we were told was necessary for the estimate. All good.

Category chimney sweep

04/19/2016

Alexander C.

I contacted Chimney's Plus to get my chimney cleaned and inspected on an old house that we were renovating. They showed up on time, cleaned the chimney, and emailed the estimate on the repairs that evening. I got a second estimate from another very well-respected company, but was more comfortable with Chimneys Plus, and scheduled the repair work with them. We were rained out on the first scheduled date, but rescheduled quickly and painlessly. On the scheduled day, they called to say that they were running late because of traffic, but got to my house on time anyway. The three technicians went to work right away, and worked continuously until finished; about 6 hours in all. They cleaned up completely inside my house and out, and were gone in less time than they had estimated. I was very impressed by this company, and have no reservations about recommending them. They do quality work at a competitive price, and are VERY easy to work with.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney, gave free estimate for repairs. Performed repairs and installed a chimney cap.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps,chimney repair

12/13/2015

Paul S.

Install date started mediocre and got worse as time progressed. It was about 11am and I called Don to tell him about my concerns and he suggested I speak directly to the installers and call back if I had any concerns. I went out to speak with them and they were asleep, one in my driveway the other in the back of the truck. After some back forth, I had them remove all the gutters on the front of house #1, because of shoddy work and their inability to properly set the gutters on an angled surface with the "custom spacers" they quoted me. Later I had to have the head installer remove some drip edge, because he was putting it on crooked, which was apparently not visible from the roof where he was installing it. After a bit of trying to convince me it was ok, he came down and looked at it and realize I was right. There were a number of other issues that arose, like putting on the wrong bottom curved downspout pieces, not properly leveling the (~60' run) gutter on back of house #1, etc. They cut corners at every turn. E.g.: The downspouts are connected to the gutters without the appropriate connectors. They cut out a hole in the gutter and attached the downspouts to the triangle cutouts. Instead of using downspout bracket/mounts, they cut sections of downspout and used those, leave sharp edges all over the place. A lot of the drip edge that was installed was pieced together with what looks like scraps and is not level with the roof line. By the end of the second day I was so frustrated with the work being done, I just wanted them to leave. When I tried to pay the bill with my credit card, I was asked to pay by check. So I paid by check and the receipt that I received in email mentioned the ease of paying online. What!?!?! Anyhow, I would never use these folks again for anything. I had decided I wasn't going to write a review because there was much more bad than good to write in my review. But when I went out to put up my Christmas lights today, I got a good up close look at some of the lousy work that was done. Stay clear!!! UPDATE: I received a phone call from Charlie Quaile, the owner. We spoke at length about my issues and concerns. He came to my home and we got up on the ladder and created a check list of items. Within a couple of days, he had a crew back out to take care of all the items we discussed. He even threw in gutter guards for the second floor gutters. I have changed my mark from a D to a B, namely because the pricing is a bit high in my opinion and I'm averaging the followup work with the original work. It should be noted, however, that after working with Charlie and (this time) his "A Team", I feel much better about the company and the work than I originally had. I also remembered one of my golden rules: If I'm not satisfied, see the boss. For a number of personal reasons, I just settled and let things fester. I really should have gone back to speak with Charlie on when the job was first done.

Description of Work
Everything started out fantastic. The salesman worked around my schedule to come out and give me quotes for new gutters and downspouts on two houses. After getting a number of quotes, I decided on Gutter Solutions (chimneysplusgutters.com) for a number of reasons: 1) They seemed extremely profession and easy to work with. 2) Warranty was longer than others (10 years). 3) All my questions were answered in a positive manner and without seeming to be put out.

Category chimney sweep,gutter repair

In addition to regular fireplace cleaning and chimney sweeping, our services include chimney caps, chase cover installation, chimney masonry repairs, flue and liner repairs as well as sales and installation of a wide variety of woodstoves, fireplaces and gas logs for your home. We offer a sales and service wide variety of brands like Buck Stoves, Jontul, Regency, Valor and Bellfires.

Visit our sister company Gutter Solutions for gutter repair, replacement and installation of our exclusive Gorilla Guard gutter covers!

Check, Visa, MasterCard