Bergen's Contracting & Repair Inc

Founded undefined • With Angi since May 1998

Since 1992 Bergen's Contracting & Repair, Inc has provided quality workmanship and excellent customer service to Charlotte and the surrounding areas. Home improvements and home repairs are our specialty. We offer the convenience of having one company perform both painting and repairs without the

woodworking (92)house painting (67)handyman (38)general contractors (37)siding companies (35)door installation (31)interior painting (28)window replacement (24)decks & porches (19)fence company (13)deck cleaning (11)pressure washing (10)

jesse B.

It went great! I was looking to get my shed finished and Bergens Contracting and Repair was the first to come to mind after they laid a new roof on my house back in2005. The crew came out, did their thing, transformed my shed and cleaned up when they left. Shed looks better than my house now!! I think I know a company that can handle that!

Description of Work
Siding on my shed

Category siding, home builders

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

Pam D.

Incredibly professional, timely with the getting the work completed. Came in on schedule and budget.

Description of Work
Siding for our home

Category gutter repair, siding, home builders

Work Completed On 05/11/2020

Jimmy M.

Bergen's Contracting did a great job. The keep the area clean and free of debris. I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Peter and his crew installed siding on garage building for us.

Category siding, home builders

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

Greg W.

Very professional. Guys showed up on time and did good work.

Description of Work
siding on outside building

Category siding, replacement windows, home builders, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

08/22/2019

CANDICE K.

No response. Moving on to the next one

Description of Work
Siding replacement

Work Completed On 08/22/2019

[Member Name Removed], Sorry for the delay. We have been jammed up on a bunch of projects. Your request for an estimate was sent on Saturday 8-17-19. We responded through Angie's list email 8-19-19 and communicated that we were tied up and to call our office for immediate assistance. Sorry we didn't connect.

07/11/2019

DON W.

Excellent, on time and knowledgeable

Description of Work
Wood rotten repair

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 07/11/2019

04/01/2019

Jneile L.

Called and set up day and time. Never showed for apt . Left several messages- vm and text

Description of Work
Siding replaced on house

Category siding, woodworking

Work Completed On 03/27/2019

Bergen's spoke to customer and set up a time to come out and review the project. We had a scheduling conflict the day of estimate , called and left a message to reschedule appointment and we did not hear back.

12/02/2018

Stephanie K.

no return calls...I called and left two messages.

Description of Work
replace an exterior door for a community clubhouse

Work Completed On 12/02/2018

[Member Name Removed], Sorry for not getting back to you quickly. We have been totally inundated with storm damage projects. If you still need help please give us a call. Thanks Pete Bergen 704.309.7096

09/18/2018

Mark C.

Never returned my emails or phone calls. I would not recommend

Description of Work
Vinyl siding

Work Completed On 09/18/2018

[Member Name Removed], We researched our phone call log book and Angie's List requests for services and we did not see any information that you tried to contract Bergen's Contracting & Repair Inc. We would be glad to take a look at what you need done. Please call 704.889.2020 Thank You Pete Bergen

03/27/2018

Linda C.

Everything looks great. The quality of work was excellent.

Description of Work
Bergen's Contracting built a new deck and removed triple windows and replaced them with French doors that open onto the deck. They also built railing for the porch front steps.

Category decks, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 03/27/2018

09/18/2017

James S.

The we're punctual and efficient in fixing the issue in a workman like manner.

Description of Work
They repaired some flashing that had been slightly damaged by another contractor.

Category handyman service, siding

Work Completed On 08/31/2017

08/03/2017

Thomas W.

I got two quotes, 2 different people and they were both comparable.

Description of Work
Provided a quote.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

07/10/2017

Susan M.

They did an excellent job, were very professional, completed work on time, showed pride in their work, and charged a fair price for what was done.

Description of Work
They did two different jobs for us. Painted exterior of our house and were excellent. We then had them paint the interior of the house including windows, trim,ceilings and walls.

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 11/10/2016

05/17/2017

Coralie T.

It took longer than expected to get the work started.

Description of Work
Siding repair

Category siding

Work Completed On 05/17/2017

05/08/2017

DIANA M.

The double stacked crown molding installation was impeccable and adds a polished look to the main level of our new home. Bergen Contracting & Repair is a well-run company that stands behind their work. The crews are friendly, professional and trustworthy. Highly recommend. Many thanks!

Description of Work
Crown molding installation on main level of new home and touch up painting.

Category woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/08/2017

03/28/2017

Wei Xing Z.

Our realtor got this company for us. The given quote was quite high considering the repair was a very small work. But we use it anyway since it was close to the closing date and the buyer pushed us hard. After the repair work was done, we paid with a credit card. But we were shocked and never imagined that through a email with a carbon copy to our agent they sent us the receipt with the complete information of our card including the complete card number, expiration date, security codes and etc. This is so terribly stupid and dangerous to compromise our credit card. We had to choose to close it and got a new one. We will never ever use this company again!

Description of Work
Our house was under the contract very close to the closing date. Somebody left the flood lights on which burned on the siding.

Category siding

Work Completed On 03/23/2017

Review for Bergen's Contracting & Repair Inc - 712 Morrow Ave, Pineville, NC - 34925807

In response to the review. Bergen's Contracting & Repair Inc. has a new employee who made a mistake. After running customer credit card he scanned and sent receipt/invoice back to the customer. It was an honest mistake. The repairs were made correctly and on time.

03/13/2017

Althea T.

They were prompt and responding to my requests. It was higher than the others I had gotten. I paid a little bit more for what I wanted done but I went with a company that gave me a lifetime guarantee. The quality, I know is better. I didn't have a problem with nothing. They was professional.

Description of Work
They didn't do any work for me. i did get a quote but I went with someone else. They did come out here and give me an estimate. I was trying to get a front door replaced and also add wood around the shingles on the front porch and some painting done too. They had to paint and do all that but they were a little bit higher than what I wanted to pay.

Category house painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/13/2016

12/14/2016

SUSAN B.

They were very good and in fact, we will use them again if we ever need them.

Description of Work
We have used Bergen’s Contracting & Repairs.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 06/01/2016

10/31/2016

Thomas L.

The installation team was very fast and qualified. They did the entire job in a single day and even replaced some subflooring with signs of rot. Pete did his an inspection later and saw some things from the finishing group that was not up to his standards and is in the process of correcting them.

Description of Work
Replaced rear door with high quality exterior french doors and replaced a window

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 10/31/2016

09/20/2016

Darryl R.

Very well. Some delays due to weather and other jobs going over schedule but our job wasn't urgent. He found some rotten wood we had overlooked.

Description of Work
Wood/Trim repair

Work Completed On 09/20/2016

07/13/2016

David N.

I was very impressed with the 2 guys that came out to do the job. They were very knowledgeable when I went over the scope of each project before they started the job. The replacement of the rotten wood around the window came out better than I would have thought and they replaced it with a vinyl type material that won't rot. They were very thorough in getting the job done and they cleaned up each work space when completed. Although my projects were relatively small I thought the price was fair and the quality of work was good.

Description of Work
I had a few small projects around the exterior of the house that I needed done. I had 2 second floor windows that needed sanding, caulking and to be painted. I had some rotten wood around an exterior window and some flashing that needed to be redone. I also needed a hole drilled in my concrete foundation wall to run a condensate drain.

Category siding, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 07/13/2016

09/19/2015

Paula B.

Every thing went fine. Pete came for the estimate and understood what we wanted done. Contract was done by email which saved time. All crew members explained what was happening and asked if we were satisfied. Doors if needed were caulked and touched up with paint. We were very pleased with work.

Description of Work
Two storm doors were replaced with screen doors we purchased. Deck was restained and window shutters painted. Three interior doors were fixed so they closed.

Category handyman service, screen repair, deck cleaning, window treatments, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/09/2015

07/19/2015

Robert F.

Work went well. Crew was on time, neat, and did a nice job. Price was higher than others. Pete was always available and responsive to my concerns. I would recommend and use them again.

Description of Work
Replace railing on front porch and privacy fence.