A & M Auto Service

Founded 1996 • With Angi since December 2006

12715 DOWNS CIR

Pineville, NC 28134

Family owned & operated. 5 Employees. Specializing in engine diagnostics and repairing cars others can not....

09/17/2019

Mark Z.

I was referred to A & M Auto Service by my close friend JC to Dutch and his staff to take care of my back brake issue prior to traveling over the upcoming weekend. John took my call and fit me into their schedule for the next morning, and couldn't have been any more helpful and polite. Off to a great start and thankful I was referred to them today.

Description of Work
scheduled brake service

11/03/2016

AJ F.

everything was done well and great customer service

Description of Work
regular maintanence

11/03/2016

AJ F.

They're a fantastic provider. This was my first time using their services. Dutch and his team are true professionals. Their expertise, attitude, and customer focus are exceptional. I will highly recommend them, and will absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
They did an oil change and brakes on my Toyota Sienna.

08/15/2016

James W.

Very well. Competative pricing, accurate diagnosis and work performed as agreed upon. Very friendly staff.

Description of Work
Variety of regular maintenance and repair

08/08/2016

Laura E.

Great! I will definitely come back for other services. The guys were friendly and efficient and treated me the way I would expect. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Air conditioner was not working.

07/12/2016

Margaret J.

They're very thorough and they get the problem fixed. I've had some weird problems. They've fixed them every single time. I didn't need to go back and say that it's still not working.

Description of Work
Power steering hose was removed and replaced and water pump was removed and replaced. They also worked on the cooling fan which was not turning.

06/07/2016

Tuhin D.

Excellent Service. After I visited A&M, I have 2 less worries in life :) They solved my A/C & Brake problems. The Brake was fixed by so called Big Guys "AAA" & my car was running kind of grabby. They found the problem & fixed it. Looks likes AAA tighten the brakes too much. Also I found the charges reasonable. Thats on the professional part. On the personal front, they are so warm & nice people. I will not go anywhere else for my car problems, any more.

Description of Work
Brake & A/C Service

02/02/2016

Reshma V.

I had a routine oil change and tire rotation performed at another repair shop in Pineville, NC for my 2007 Toyota 4 Runner. The previous shop was negligent and essentially did not place the bolts back nor did they torque the bolts on completely one of my tires causing my car to lock up while driving. A serious and scary issue. The previous auto service shop supposedly fixed the issue, however a few days after the initial service was completed, I had metal on metal grinding sound while braking. We immediately took the undrivable car to A&M to correct the issue. My husband and I found A & M on Angies list and called the evening that the new issue started. Scott, the manager, spoke with us at 6 PM and was very professional on the phone. He discussed in detail what was wrong with the work the previous Autobody shop performed and that they would perform a diagnostic to troubleshoot the work the very next day despite being extremely busy. We had to have our car towed to A & M's shop. The following evening, Scott contacted us again to discuss major issues with the previous work including them not tightening caliper screws causing said screws to fall out and loosen while driving. Unprompted, A & M took multiple pictures of damage incurred as well as provided us with a detailed written description of their findings. This was extremely helpful and very thorough. They repaired the car to a safe and drivable condition. They also advised us on the damage that was caused by the other shops negligence and offered to assist in any way with future issues or repairs. Their initial charge for all of these services was $70! Ultimately, the other shop agreed to pay for all of the damages incurred by their negligence-- which totalled close to $1500 (this all for a botched oil change and tire rotation!!!). Needless to say, we were very impressed with everything that was done at A&M, including their staff (Liz, Scott and Dutch), who advised us accurately on what next steps were. We are all set to receive a check from the insurance company and we will be taking our business back to A & M for the final repairs. Our experience with the staff at this repair shop has been excellent and they have earned our business indefinitely. Highly recommend this shop as they are trustworthy, honest, extremely knowledgeable and fair with pricing.

Description of Work
assessed damage done by another auto repair shop, appropriately diagnosed and fixed the issue.

Category auto repair,car tires

05/24/2015

Dan P.

Went perfect. Completed on time and works good. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replaced a leaking air conditioning pipe and replaced freon.

05/06/2015

Howard R.

This was my 2nd trip and I can confirm all these positive reviews on A&M are for real. They are thorough, honest, professional, and timely. They say they are the 'Dealership Alternative'. They really are!

Description of Work
Inspection and oil/filter with synthetic oil

03/12/2015

SUZANNE C.

My vehicle passed inspection but they said we should call AAA about the battery. We had AAA install a battery which is showing signs of failure but should still be under warranty. The vehicle had been a little slow to start lately although I had not mentioned it to A& M. We've had our vehicles serviced here since we moved to the area 6 years ago and they always do a great job. They wont put in cheap parts to save us short term; they put in quality parts and do the job right but never recommend work that isnt needed like some other shops. The newly renovated waiting area is fantastic with comfy seating and even has an enclosed kid friendly area which is still in full view of the front desk.

Description of Work
Annual inspection for license renewal.

02/13/2015

Ferly G.

A&M Auto Service is a multi-bay complete Repair and Maintenance Facility servicing cars and light trucks. I found Dutch over 2 years ago from Angie's List when I needed an expensive repair on a high mileage daily driven Honda CRV. Dutch, the founder, saved me many hundreds on that repair, which is still working fine as we kept that car, and has kept my business ever since. Many years, oil changes and various repairs later, I scheduled a service and inspection for our SAAB. I have not been here in over 5 months. I walk to the regular customer entry door only to see a sign "Delivery Only-All customers --->" Ok, so I walk to the front office which has always been unused. At this point I will say the only issue some may have had with A&M in the past is that their waiting area was typical of a 1980s service garage, a few chairs magazines, certificates of training from almost every Auto Organization around and a BUNN coffee maker. Well fans of Angielist, no more. I was blown away by Dutchs new customer area. A complete remodel worthy of the Merc/BMW/Audi dealers. A glass door, soft floored childrens area with books and games. Very comfortable leather lounge chairs, flat screen with the morning news channel on. Magazine from Glamour, Family Circle, People, Car and Driver, Motortrend, Automobile, bunch of others. I don't know about you, but as a guy, I love reading Motortrend while I'm waiting for my car to be serviced. The area was designed in a 1930's airport motif. For those that don't know Dutch, in a previous career, he was a Airline Pilot of a Major Airline. There is a coffee bar, gluten free snacks, some juices and water in a nice little glass door fridge. A waiting room does not make a good auto repair. A nice waiting room does make an auto repair much more comfortable, more palatable. If you want to some money vs a dealer but don't want to loose the luxury of the dealership experience, Use A&M Auto Service in Pineville. Dutch has always been the best value in the Charlotte Southside, now they have all the comforts of Uptown.

Description of Work
Complete Preventative Maintenance State Inspection

02/03/2015

Doug S.

It only took them a few days to do the brakes and their professionalism is great.

Description of Work
They saved my son's engine and re-did the brakes on my truck. They also did some oil changes for us.

01/19/2015

DR RALPH W M.

1) Customer area newly remodeled, and very comfortable. 2) Personnel very gracious and helpful. 3) Service was performed in the time and manner pledged. 4) Explanations were more than adequate, and guarantees explained. Good experience.

Description of Work
Tie rods, bushings, brakes

12/11/2014

PATRICIA H.

I've been using them for quite awhile. They don't try to sell me things that I don't need. They discuss options with me. They're very friendly and chat with me about what they're doing. They're very communicative about the work that needs to be done.

Description of Work
They serviced my brakes.

12/10/2014

CLIFTON L.

Its excellent. I've known the owner for quite a while. They've done a lot of work for us. Were really happy with them.

Description of Work
I think that was just an oil change.

12/06/2014

Dean C.

I was very happy with the work they did. They were very thorough, calling out things I didn't even expect them to check, and provided a full report of any needed repairs. Dutch was very friendly, and I wouldn't hesitate to use A&M again!

Description of Work
Did a full pre-purchase inspection on a car we were buying for my daughter.

10/12/2014

Ida M.

Very well, the car need more work than I could afford but the provider was very upfront and honest with his assessment.

Description of Work
Access the need for repairs.

10/10/2014

Eric S.

A&M is awesome. They are brutally honest and very professional. They know what to do and what not to do. Great trustworthy mechanics. Will use them going forward. Big or small issue they can handle.

Description of Work
Replaced seals. Flushed and filled radiator.

10/03/2014

ELIZABETH N.

went well, noise in rear was not struts but simply a tie rod bushing which was much less expensive. They showed me the problems before the work was done. Several things were done and i would havbe spent much more at dealership. I feel Dutch and his staff are honest.

Description of Work
Change gaskets, power steering system and bushing in tie rod

10/02/2014

Keith R.

They're great. Their price is fair. I would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
I had a headlight out that they took care of.

09/23/2014

CLIFTON L.

I left the car with them and they called when it was finished. I had feared that the AC compressor had died. That would be very expensive. Another shop might have said, "yes you need a new compressor", how would I know the difference? I've taken two other cars to A&M in the past and they are always very honest and do the job for a reasonable price. This is a company that I trust. Dutch, the owner and former airline pilot, has created an excellent place to take your car for service.

Description of Work
Evacuate and recharge Air Condition System with refrigerant. They tested for leaks and added a dye, I'll return in 200 miles for a free leak check aided by that dye. They also did a free 30 point check which discovered an inner sidewall puncture on the left rear tire. I knew I had a slow leak in that tire and that told me why.

Category auto repair,car tires

09/23/2014

david R.

A few days after these expensive repairs were done, the coolant started leaking. When I brought it back into the shop to complain about the quality of the work, they said they would look at it and call me back. The next call I get is from the shop owner (Dutch)saying that he ran a system check and that it was all my fault, and that the "check" engine light should have come on. One, I never authorized him to run a check, he did that presumably to cover himself, and two the check engine light never came on. We noticed the coolant coming out and presumed it to be from improper installation of the thermostat housing. The night before we brought it over I went into the car while it was running, and the check engine light was not on. Because of the leak we had it towed into the shop. They refused to do anything to help us out, and blamed it all on us. And the worst part is that they actually had the audacity to charge me a shop fee for running the unauthorized check, and then refused to release the car until I paid them. This was my son's car, and he was devestated by this incident. Shame on you A&M Auto Service. The Pineville community deserves better.

Description of Work
2002 Ford Explorer. Front brake pads, rotors, and calipers. Rear brake pads. Thermostat housing upper, lower, gasket. Coolant temparature sensor. Wipers changed. Oil changed

Category auto repair

Hello, my name is Dutch Silverstein and I am the owner of A&M AutoService. I would like to take a few moments to respond to the review posted by [member name removed] regarding his experience here at A&M AutoService. During the course of my reply I will be correcting the inaccuracies and misrepresentations contained in his review. For the sake of brevity both he and I agree that the service work to the braking and cooling system were performed so I will begin when the vehicle was here on its second visit. Approximately 12 days and in excess of 721 miles after performing the repairs to the braking and cooling system, the members’ son called the shop and stated that the vehicle was leaking coolant and making a loud knocking noise. I told him that I believed it in the best interest of safety that the vehicle should not be driven and I then provided him with the name of a towing company that we use. The towing company brought his vehicle to my shop for evaluation. The member did not “bring it to us” as he stated in his review, the vehicle was towed here. This TOWING FEE of $67.00 was the amount that this member needed to pay prior to the vehicle being released to him. The second line of his work order reads" Sublet; Towing) He was NOT charged a diagnostic fee that day as he falsely asserts. Moreover he knew that his statement regarding the $67.00 diagnostic fee was a deliberate misrepresentation because he responded to an email I sent on June 12, 2013 which read “You may have your vehicle towed from the premises after paying the $67.00 towing fee by cash or certified bank check”. While the vehicle was here, an inspection of the vehicle was made to determine the cause of the leaking fluid and the results (as listed on the members invoice) are listed below verbatim: "Physical inspection of the engine reveals that the vehicle is NOT leaking engine coolant as the customer suspected. The engine is leaking engine oil through a hole in its side created by what appears to be a catastrophic failure of a connecting rod or connecting rod bolt. (Please refer to the picture)” -As an aside, we always photograph our findings for reference-. The note on his invoice then continues: “Interrogation of the instrument cluster reveals that a fault for low oil pressure was logged at 150,129 miles. The vehicle was then driven a distance of 25 additional miles with the "CHECK GAUGES" light illuminated signifying loss of oil pressure. Operating an engine with low oil pressure can lead to catastrophic failure of the engine. This concurs with our preliminary assessment of the engines condition." I spoke to the member and informed him that the engine was not leaking engine coolant as he suspected but was leaking engine oil from the aforementioned hole in the engine block and, as such, the repairs would not be covered under warranty. I further explained that because there was no relationship between the work that we performed and the failure of the connecting rod he would be responsible for the tow to our shop. He became belligerent and verbally abusive which resulted in having to remind him that incoming calls were recorded. His behavior was both abusive and combative. We proudly stand behind our work here at A&M. That’s why we have Ninety-seven grade –A- reviews, out of a total of one hundred. We offer a two year 24,000 mile nationwide limited warranty on most parts and labor, indeed some parts have a limited lifetime warranty. Had the thermostat housing been defective and found to be source of a coolant leak we would have replaced the defective parts and absorbed the cost of the tow to my shop as a goodwill gesture. Inasmuch as the failure he experienced had no relationship to the work that was performed his demand for a warranty claim was rightfully denied. We empathize with [member name removed] sense of frustration after he spent a great deal of money to address the braking and cooling system concerns for his then eleven year old Ford Explorer. –But- spending money to correct specific problems in no way guarantees that nothing else will fail in the vehicle. Especially on an eleven year old car that has accrued more than 150,000 miles. When operating machinery, as in life, bad things sometimes happen at the most inopportune time. It’s regrettable to be sure, but it happens. I hope that when Angies List Members read this memebers review that they recognize it for what it truly is: the visceral response of an angry, immature person who seeks to blame others for problems that they did not create irrespective of evidence to the contrary. Shame on us [member name removed]? No Sir, shame on YOU.

09/16/2014

BRIAN S.

My service engine light has been on for two years indicating a very minor leek in the emissions system. I have had an independent BMW shop attempt to resolve issue without success. I tried the BMW dealership; they replaced a pump that was working fine; service engine light reappeared within one month. My time was limited because I was unable to pass inspection with this issue. We have been having our other two cars serviced by A&M and have been extremely satisfied. For some unknown reason I didn?t realize they serviced BMW?s. I called Dutch and Steve and explained the issue and to see if they would work on a BMW. They indicated that they in fact do handle BMW?s. I dropped the car off; they quickly diagnosed the problem and identified a couple other minor issues (if there is such a thing with a BMW). Repairs were completed within 24 hours at a reasonable cost. Needless to say, I will bring my BMW to A&M for service in the future.

Description of Work
A&M replaced fuel line, oil gasket, and wheel bushings.

07/17/2014

Alissa G.

I recently moved to Charlotte and took my car to A&M Auto Service based off of positive Angieslist reviews. Dutch was open and honest with me- My car was very rusty underneath and he knew as soon as he looked that rust was compromising several things that would be required to pass state inspection. A lot of rust was completely understandable considering my car came from the north and spent a lot of time on winter, salt-covered roads; and Dutch further proved so by taking detailed pictures and describing where and how the rust was compromising my car. Dutch was upfront that the cost of repair would be very expensive & truly not worth the value of the car. Since he did not technically perform the inspection, he did not charge me for one. He did not charge me for unnecessary repairs. And he did not charge me a fee to leave the car on his lot until I could make arrangements with a towing company to have it taken to a junk yard. I am almost disappointed not to pay A&M and provide them any business. "Leave a positive review online; that's good enough," he said.

Description of Work
Yearly state inspection.

TruGuard

Our mission is risk free home improvement. A quality outcome is the result of a rigorous process. TruGuard has designed, staffed, and implemented the most thorough and careful processes in the industry. From our initial call to the completion of your project, we have a process in place that will simplify your experience and make sure you’re happy with the renovation. Also, a TruGuard relationship doesn’t end when our crew leaves. Every TruGuard project comes with a manufacturer and workmanship warranty for peace of mind.

Offers by TruGuard on Angi
    Legacy

We are an Exterior Home Improvement company. We specialize in replacement products that include but are not limited to replacement windows, replacement siding, roofing, gutters and gutter protection. Our main focus is offering only the best products, along with the best possible installation experience at the absolute best price. We are an owner operated business with over 40 years of experience in the home improvement industry. We stand behind not only our products but also our install with am unmatched warranty on parts and labor.

Southern Home Services LLC

In 2001, owner Shawn Kalgren decided to make a career change that would ultimately set a new standard in the home renovation industry. He left the North Carolina school system to pursue a different type of service, Southern Home Services. Using his teaching skills in combination with his 15 years of home renovation experience, Shawn created a company whose values and principles are reflected by it's "A+" craftsmanship and exemplary customer satisfaction. At Southern Home Services, "Exterior Renovation perfected by Superior Dedication" is not only our motto, but our pledge to every project we undertake and to every customer that puts their confidence in us. We can do this by bringing educational experience and trade expertise to the table so no customer is uninformed and no detail is overlooked. This is why Southern Home Services won't be seen on television or heard on the radio, their customers do their advertising for them. We are an Elite Preferred James Hardie Remodeler.

Auto Service
    Auto Tires
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Inspections
    Real Estate Auctions
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Air Conditioning, Brakes, Engine Diagnostic & Repair, Exhaust, Manufacturer Specified Maintenance, NC State Inspection, Pre- purchase inspection, Steering & suspension,

Rebuild automatic transmissions