Flow Master Plumbing & Pump Service, Inc.

Founded 1993 • With Angi since May 2010

Flow Master Plumbing & Pump Service, Inc is a locally family owned & operated plumbing company. Our plumbers are clean, courteous and professional. We offer 24 hour emergency service. Call (919) 693-9221 today!...

Raleigh Plumbing Department

Raleigh Plumbing Department is a modern plumbing company. We understand being punctual, efficient, and courteous is of the upmost importance. We have the experience, equipment, and personnel to handle any job big or small.

Tim Campbell

Since 2008, we have been specializing in plumbing, water heaters, drain cleaning services. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

12/02/2019

Karen W.

My husband and I are so appreciative to James Rogers for resolving an issue with our gas logs. He is very professional and knowledgeable in his field and has a great office staff. James is one of the kindest men I know. Karen Watson, Hunter’s Ridge area

Description of Work
Had an issue with gas logs

Category plumbing,gas logs

07/11/2019

Christor D.

Called several times but he never got back with me

Description of Work
Have old pipes replaced

Category plumbing

Mr [Member Name Removed], after speaking with the office my office manager informed me that he left you a message informing you we could not service your area at this time but I do thank you for considering my company to look at your plumbing problem. Thank-you, James Rogers. Flowmaster plumbing inc.

10/17/2017

Julie F.

The plumber was professional and helpful in explaining the potential causes of the problem. He quickly found that the wax ring had failed. He could have just replaced the ring and left it at that, but he pointed out that the back of the toilet was pressed too tightly against the wall trim, putting constant pressure on that ring, and that if we cut out a small section of trim it would help prevent the problem from occurring again in just a few years.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot and repair for toilet leaking water on floor and into crawlspace.

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind words and your business if we can be of assistance in the future please call us. Thanks again, James Rogers, Flowmaster Plumbing and pump service.

02/26/2017

Jennifer N.

They came the same day. Very nice, didn't rush the job and answered all of my questions. I plan on using them again in the future.

Description of Work
I had old pipes under my house with holes in them. Pipes had to be replaced.

02/10/2016

Bobbie Z.

Description of Work
Installed new well pump. Tested water. Went WELL! Quick service.

Category plumbing,wells

12/01/2011

Robin M.

We contacted James to diagnose the water hammer problem we were experiencing. He came out promptly found the problem and told us how to fix it ourselves temporarily. We needed a new well pump and pressure tank to fix the problem on a more permanent basis. We got a quote and scheduled a time for the job. At this point, we were pleased with him. James and his assistant arrived early and got to work right away. They finished up an hour before they said they would so I just assumed everything went smoothly. Until...I walked back to the well and noticed the well pad had not been repaired. I immediately called the office and got their answering service. I left a message and after 2 days James contacted me and admitted he was rushing that day and he would send someone out the next day (Friday) to fix the pad. His assistant did show up on time. Before he left, I asked him if he fixed the pad and he said yes. When I walked back to the well, only the pad cracks right around the well casing was patched. Our contract states "bring the well up to code." Leaving the other pad cracks is not up to code. I placed another call to the office and got the answering service AGAIN! Instead of waiting for another several days to pass, my husband and I went to the store and purchased the concrete patch material James was using and fixed the cracks ourselves. While the pad cracks issue was going on, I purchased and used a water quality test kit because I was thinking about installing a whole house water filter. In this kit was a coliform test. James had told me the well was negative after the chlorine shock treatment so, on a whim, I set up this test to see for myself. To my horror it came back positive! James had told me the well was negative for coliforms. I immediately called the office and got their answering service AGAIN! After several days James called me and said he would be out the next day to shock the well again with chlorine. He sent his assistant. The assistant took a water sample to test for coliforms before heading out to the well. I followed him out to the well and watched him put the chlorine in. While we were out there, I pointed out that my husband and I had fixed the remaining cracks in the pad ourselves. He said nothing. This was contract work he was supposed to do and didn't. After trying for several days to get the bacteria test results, I finally got an email from his wife stating the sample was negative. Just in case, I performed a coliform test. It was positive. I haven't bothered to contact James again. I have given up on him. I have contacted another company about installing a whole house UV sterilizer to take care of the possible bacteria problem. When they were out determining where to put the filters, they took a look at my well. Since they are well specialists, they could tell the well was not up to code. I checked with my county's government and sure enough, James did not bring the well up to code like in our contract. The new company will be bringing the well up to code because I don't think James will ever do it. The stress of trying to get James back out here is too much. During the bacteria testing, I was also testing our water for various contaminants. Another issue came up. James stated we had high iron in our water - 3 ppm. He knew I was interested in a whole house water filter. After six tests for iron all saying we have no iron in our water, I have my doubts about the tests James was performing. The well pump work James performed initially I think was done okay. The water pumps at a reasonable rate. However, his lack of follow up has been frustrating to say the least. The stress of having problems go ignored is not worth the work we received initially. That's why I have stopped trying to contact him. I am now having doubts about his test results. It's just too stressful waiting and waiting for him to call us back and come back out. To top it off, we have been using bottled water for over a month now because we are not sure of our water quality. The cost of bottled water is adding up! We paid $3000.00, and we cannot trust our water! We paid $3000 and had to do part of the work ourselves and had to hire another company to do part of the work that James was supposed to do! That's another issue. After pricing out the work we had done, we paid way too much AND it was an incomplete job! I will not be calling on James again.

Description of Work
Well pump and pressure tank replacement on 300 foot well. Chlorine shock treatment of well to remove any bacteria. Repair of cracked well pad (was not done completely, see below). Bringing the well up to code (was not done, see below).

Category wells

while this customer is not being truthful about the whole mattter that she is posting here she exspected us to do something that could have damaged her well when i would not thats when the problem started. Member recieved everything she paid for and now has voided her warranty due to her preforming the work on the slab herself which we informed her would have to be done a certain way because of the condition inside the well casing.as for the water testing we stand by our 3 test, we do this every day and donot use cheap 10 dollar test strips from the internet we have over 50,000.00 in test equipment and have not doubt our report was correct all three times and if the well is positive now it is because of what work her and her husband did to the well .the well casing is galvinized metal which has rusted out and allows surface water to enter well and or concrete if you pour it around the well as she has done she was made fully aware of this and choose not to let a professional do the work.so please if you are going to post negative remarks on any company here on angies list please be truthful with the remarks you make.

11/14/2011

Robert M.

Smoothly. I called Sunday, spoke w/ a live human & scheduled for Monday a.m. Impressive.

Description of Work
Repaired leaking well housung parts.

07/20/2011

Patricia R.

James had worked on our rental home, approx. 5 years ago. The work he did back then, was fantastic. But the Rental company never called him back. We are purchasing a home, and I called Jenny last night! James will be out to do the inspection by the weekend! James is very polite, professional and clean! Jenny is professional and knowledgeable!I highly recommend Flomaster!

Description of Work
James checked a leak under my kitchen sink. He had to go into the crawl space. When he came back into the house, he put "booties" on his feet, as not to get mud in the house.

12/23/2010

kevin H.

I experienced a problem with water flow (I'm on a well) that occurred suddenly. James came out and tested the water and investigated and determined that there was a problem with the pump which was causing it to stir up the water in the well and pull up debris (iron, in this case). He came out the next day to replace the pump and treat the well. He was on time, and the service was performed in a reasonable amount of time from the initial visit. Overall, I was pleased with the work. The only problems I have is with the follow-up. Before the job was finished, James left to go to another job and left an assistant in charge. The assistant performed the work with no problem, but his communication left much to be desired. I had to call the office later to ask several questions and get follow up. James did come back out a couple more times over the next week to check and test the water, but each time, I had to call to ask him to come back out and to get answers to questions. I felt the price was a little high, but considering the quality and speed of the work and the number of times that the water was tested, it was fair. The quote was accurate - there were no hidden costs or "gotchas". I have since used the same company to come out when the well froze in recent cold weather. I called at 8:00 am and someone was out before 9:00 am. The well was thawed, it was suggested that I get some additional insulation to go around the well, and everything was done in short order. I was very pleased with this visit.

Description of Work
Replaced the well pump, line, and wiring for my well (165' deep), tested the water before and after, treated the well for bacteria.

Category plumbing,wells

11/08/2010

Dorothea P.

He came when they said he would, they were polite and he was reassuring and sympathetic with my severe embarrassment. He was quick, neat, thorough and cleaned up after himself very well. He answers two or three other questions I had about other things, without charging me more money and explained things to me clearly and politely. He never made me feel foolish or stupid for asking questions. I would have them back in a minute.

Description of Work
I asked them to come and unstop my toilet.

Category plumbing

Flow Master Plumbing & Pump Service, Inc.

Founded 1993 • With Angi since May 2010

402 Hillsboro St.

Oxford, NC 27565

Water heaters, toilets, garbage, disposals, faucets, fresh water pipes, drain & sewer pipes, recirculating pumps, well pumps & tanks, sewer pumps & lift stations, drain cleaning, video camera - inspect lines, water testing & treatment.

American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Check, Discover, PayPal