Precision Garage Door Service

Founded 2001 • With Angi since August 2007

300 Dominion Dr Ste 201

Morrisville, NC 27560

8 employees. No subcontractors. Service fee is $75 but only $39.99 for Angie's List Members. No extra charge for after hours or weekend service. You may contact us through email or at 919-500-5171. Also doing business as Precision Overhead Garage Door Service. Additional contact: Susan Grega. Award

11/26/2022

Rebecca W.

They were fast, professional and very helpful.

Description of Work
Replace door

Category garage doors

We are so happy to help with your garage door needs. Thank you for your business and the five star review!

04/19/2022

Rick C.

Our project was to replace our aged, noisy, unsightly two-car garage door, tracks, and spring. From start to finish on this project, Precision gets 5 stars all the way. John, the Precision sales rep, reviewed our current door setup. He then presented us with a wide array of door styles and options. He recommended replacing our functional screw drive opener with a more modern opener for less wear-and-tear on the new door, as well as quieter operation. The price for totally overhauling our garage door system was awesome, completely reasonable. As an added benefit, we were able to pay the down payment (and final payment) by credit card, on site. While we had to wait for the door to be manufactured, the installation occurred well within the time frame expectation that John had set. Shane, our installer, was the best. He was on time and single-handedly removed, packed away and cleaned up the old door/hardware and installed the new door, hardware, and opener. The door is beautiful. The opener, springs, and new tracks provide whisper-quiet opening and closing. Shane reviewed the various aspects of the new door system, leaving a can of lubricant for an annual touchup as well as all the opener remotes we could possibly use, including an outside keypad (that he installed). When we noticed a few minor “touchup” issues, Shane offered to come out the next day (Saturday). Since the issues were minor, we agreed that the following week would be fine. Shane was out first thing Monday morning, issues resolved. 5 stars, no question: a door and opener that exceed our expectations; tremendous pricing; excellent people – both on the sales end and the installation end; and outstanding service. My only regret is that I didn’t call Precision 10 years ago. I highly recommend Precision Garage Door.

Description of Work
Completely replace two-car garage door, all hardware including spring, and opener

05/19/2021

Carolyn T.

Went great! Greg was very professional and knowledgeable. He checked all (3) garage doors and only one needed a balance and tune up (the broken one). The garage door that use to clank and rattle now runs super smoothly..Wish we would have called sooner! Thank you! Will for sure use you all in the future and recommend as well.

Description of Work
new gear and garage door tune up

02/23/2021

Eric L.

I've had Precision Garage Door Service out twice to fix my garage door and they're highly competent and very honest. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Garage door repair

Category garage doors

Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate your continued trust and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

09/19/2020

Bob S.

Very satisfied with overall service

Description of Work
Repair broken garage door springs

Category garage doors

We are so happy to hear this! Thank you for your business and take the time to provide an A rating. We're here to help anytime you need us so please don't hesitate to call.

07/20/2020

J Kevin O.

Scotty was scheduled to arrive between 12 - 2PM and he called around 11:00AM and said he was running early and would it be OK to come over then. He went over all options for the opener and also recommended rebuilding/updating the hardware on the garage door. Pricing was not cheap but the work was top notch and the opener is top of the line. Would highly recommend Scotty from Precision to any of my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
New garage door opener, and garage door rebuild

Category doors

Great feedback, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your business and we are so pleased to see how satisfied you are with the service Scotty provided. Thank you for the recommendation and we look forward to working with you again if needed.

06/26/2020

Gary S.

perfectly with no problems. completed removal and installation within two hours with only one technician.

Description of Work
replace garage door and spring system.

Category garage doors, doors

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave an excellent rating. We really appreciate your business. Please let us know what we can do for you in the future.

02/17/2020

William S.

They installed new springs for my garage door on Jan 21st but there was an issue.They came back when I called them and they fixed the problem for no charge.

Description of Work
Installed new springs on my garage door.

Category garage doors

We appreciate your feedback and your business, so glad we were able to take care of your door needs. Please let us know if we can help in the future.

02/15/2020

Elizabeth A P.

Same day service with a full explanation of what would be needed. I was giving multiple options (and pricing) and was able to select what work should be done. I actually asked about and added some parts that were not initially on the options - the service person did not push extras that were not needed at the time; I choose to ask about them and add them. A great experience.

Description of Work
New Garage Door Spring needed

Category garage doors

Thank you for your business and the review! We love hearing feedback about a customer's experience with our company and our technicians.

02/05/2020

Charles P.

They responded quickly, and were very professional.

Description of Work
Springs replaced

Category garage doors

Thank you for the review. We are glad we could do business with you and take care of your door needs.

01/21/2020

DON M.

They charged $75 to show up (it was not an emergency). $80 for labor. And then he wanted $300 to balance the door (spring adjustment) or $500 to install new springs. He finally settled for $149.99 to balance the door, which took less than 15 minutes. Total with tax: $327.10. Since the rebalance was ALL labor, I did not understand for what the additional $80 for labor was. Mike did a good job, but that cost was, in my opinion, way out of line for the work done.

Description of Work
Had the garage door balanced - Spring tightened

12/16/2019

Kenneth K.

Everything was perfect. Andy explained the various possibilities and I chose the work that was a little more expensive as the parts have not been updated since 2001.

Description of Work
Replaced motor, updated parts, replaced worn out rubber on bottom of door.

Category garage doors

Thank you so much for the review and for giving us the opportunity to work with you. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future.

12/03/2019

Debbie S.

Great! We will use this business again. Our new garage door (installed by another business earlier this year), and system was not operating. Precision repaired it for us, and then we purchased a brand new door. They installed it as well. We are very pleased. Everything works great, and is super quiet/smooth. Thank you!

Description of Work
Door repair, and then purchased a new garage door.

10/14/2019

Sherry C.

I called to request a service appointment and they were able to send someone out at noon same day. It was a very minor fix. Work was done in a matter of minutes. Technician was polite and helpful. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Garage door wasn't closing properly

09/26/2019

Michael E & Melissa W.

amazing - the technology to keep you updated to time frames was helpful and each employee that I talked to from Tiffany in the office to Jamie who did the initial consult to Kevin who installed was very pleasant, friendly and knowledgeable - everything was completed as promised - would use them again and refer them to others!

Description of Work
replaced double garage door

09/16/2019

Kenneth B.

It started out good in that they contacted me almost immediately to set up an appointment for two days later. The person scheduling was very friendly and ensured that they would easily handle the problem. I gave her a very detailed description of my address and where it was located. She said that the serviceman had GPS so it would be no problem. Unfortunately, I received a call 4 hours before the appointment and said they don't cover my area. They should have been able to tell me the time they called to schedule. I could have scheduled with another provider. Why it took two days to determine that and then call was ridiculous. I have gone with a provider not on Angie's list because of this providers total unprofessionalism!!! Never again.

Description of Work
Repair garage door opener.

07/27/2019

Craig M.

Well, at first I thought it was fine. The gentleman came and said our motors were fried. He said we would need brand new motors so he gave me a quote for two new motor systems including labor and parts. The price was 1550. I decided to check a couple more companies for pricing. Of the other three I checked their prices for same units installed was between 800-1000. Way cheaper. That was strike 1. The final company asked to come out and look at units. The couple quickly did a visual check and determined motors were fine, sensors needed replacing. Total was 200. I will never get this company to come out again. Thank you Pro-Lift doors of Raleigh for being an honest company that provides fair and honest work.

Description of Work
Had lightning strike damage at house. My garage doors quit working

02/19/2019

Barbara N. B.

Service tech came as scheduled and thoroughly checked out doors, motors, cleaned, lubricated metal parts and performed tune up. Recommended replacing certain items as rusted from water but tune up seemed to get doors working properly so saved me money until decided how to proceed. Tech was knowledgeable, professional, and worked hard to clean up fallen plaster from ceiling that was all over motors, coils, pulleys, etc. Owner of company very nice about sending me detailed invoice so could submit to claims adjuster from insurance co. BTW, thought price reasonable as was for 2 garage doors and parts.

Description of Work
Multipoint check of 2 garage doors that had been subjected to water pouring down from ceiling due to plumbing incident. Were performing erratically and needed to determine what was going on.

02/05/2019

David H.

Kody, the technician, was very polite and professional. He arrived right on time. He informed me exactly what the problem was, why it happened, and how he would fix it. So Kody installed two new sensors, lubricated the rollers and hinges on the door, and installed an outside opener (I've wanted that for years). Top notch service in every way. A shout-out also to Penny at their office! I highly recommend Precision Door Service.

Description of Work
Garage door was operating erratically, would often go down half-way then go back up and then not work at all.

01/12/2019

Laura G.

technician showed up on Friday and stated that he needed to get parts and I would receive a call on Monday regarding a price quote. Monday came and went without any phone call. I called the office Tuesday to ask about the quote. They had the technician call back. He said that my door wasn't the brand he thought it was. He then requested that I call another company whose service label was on the door and call him back with the brand. I told him he could call that company. He said okay. No call back from him. I called the office again on Friday. They said they would call back with answers. No call back. I went with another company. The technician could talk the talk but did not walk the walk.

Description of Work
Replace lower panel on garage door.

Category garage doors

Ms. [Member Name Removed], I have attempted to contact you regarding the service you received. I'm terribly sorry that we did not provide the level of service you are entitled to. I understand that the technician was not able to replace the bottom section on your garage door because that model is no longer in production. Unfortunately, it took several days to get that information from the vendor and we did not keep you apprised as that was unfolding. Uriel did try to contact you and left you a message once he was able to ascertain that the section was not available. Did you receive that message? I would very much like to speak with you and see if there is anything we can do to address this situation. Please contact me at your convenience. Michelle Moss President/Owner (336) 834-8142

12/14/2018

Al C.

Kody arrived on time and was very professional. He was extremely knowledgeable about the garage door opener and garage door. He knew right away what the problem was when he duplicated the issue. Part replaced, door reprogrammed and now working like new. He explained in detail what was wrong and what he was doing to fix it. Also, the technology the company uses for notifications, tech name, invoicing(uses tablet) and payment is top notch! Will use again if I ever have any garage door issues. Thank you!!

Description of Work
Garage door was no longer closing, part needed to be replaced

12/08/2018

Richard K.

I never saw him. I didn’t ask to see him. This is a stupid review. I wish they would stop bothering me

Description of Work
No work was done.

10/31/2018

Frank L.

Great job, Tomer was very professional and did quality work.

Description of Work
Broken Garage Door spring

08/11/2018

Bill R.

My old garage door stopped opening/closing even though the motor continued to run. The Precision Door representative was as nice and encouraging as he could be. He immediately recognized the problem and proposed a partial rebuild using a much stronger, more supportive rod and structure than the original structure, while keeping the original garage door itself which I preferred. Less than an hour later, the new garage door system was up and running, more smooth and reliable than ever before. I noticed an immediate difference. The estimate and the price were very fair, I thought. And having a lifetime guarantee, as long as I own the home, was a nice added bonus. I would certainly use them again, though I hope I don't have to for a long while!

Description of Work
Garage door repair

04/11/2018

Douglas M.

Couldn't have gone any better, actually. The representative arrived a couple hours after I scheduled them, located the problems in the garage door, made recommendations, and fixed the problem to my satisfaction ... all within 15 minutes. A couple issues we could not address immediately as we are retired on fixed income, but we will get the issues addressed AND it will be Precision Door that we use. It seems every rep they send is so very nice.

Description of Work
Garage door adjusted so it would close properly.