Junk King Raleigh

Founded 2012 • With Angi since August 2012

1107 Copeland Oaks Dr.

Morrisville, NC 27560

Junk King provides dependable junk removal and hauling services to clear unwanted clutter from your home or business. Not only is Junk King the most reliable junk removal service, but we also make a commitment to the environment by recycling at least 60% of the junk we collect and run our trucks on biodiesel. You have more important things to do than get rid of your junk. We're here to give your kingdom back. Call or Book Online today....

03/01/2022

Deborah F.

VERY disappointing. Website inaccurate. Crew lied to me then the owner. I ended up doing most of the work myself. DONT USE. 1) The crew wanted to arrive three hours early and I accommodated them even though I was not living at the house anymore. 2) they arrived without any bags and told me straight out that everything that goes on the truck goes in the landfill. No donation of furniture no recycling. They also don't go into attics and they don't actually help bag anything. 3) They were unable to accommodate me yesterday on the day that I was scheduled and had to reschedule for the next morning when I had not taken off work. 3) I had to do all the bagging myself. I had to make and pay for separated arrangements for donations including furniture. 4) The next morning the crew to arrive had absolutely no idea what it happened the day before and were also unprepared. 5) The owner contacted me and apologized. She acknowledged that much of the information I was told was incorrect (attic, bagging items, donations- they are supposed to do these things) and that the website is unclear about other items (e.g. “hazardous materials” includes paint). Initially she offered to send a crew to pick up the donations for no additional charge. She then rescinded that offer and said I wouldn’t be charged for the work done thus far and no additional work would be done. The 12 hours it took me to gather and bag (since they wouldn’t) was worth more to me than what little they did that I wasn’t charged for. I lost time at work and lost time I needed to unpack at my new house. Would not recommend ever.

Description of Work
Junk removal and furniture to donation

11/29/2019

Stacy P.

They were supposed to show up between 2-4. Someone called at 3:45 to tell me they had been busier than expected and if I would reschedule. I told them I can't because I have guests arriving the next day. They showed up about 4:10, with a truck already half full. I had sent them a list of all the items in advance and it would probably take a minimum of 1/2 truck. They quoted me $428, which was $100 more than the online estimator. Online estimator was based on how much of the truck would be filled. While they were getting everything, I put a generous 66% of the truck in the estimator. That estimate was $328. They didn't even have 50% of the truck available, but still had quoted me $100 more. They banged up the walls, broke and knocked stuff over, left 2 couch legs and the screws (seperately) in the carpet and I stepped on a screw. They couldn't even get everything, because it wouldn't fit in the truck. When it was time to pay, I explained the online estimate I had for 66% of a truck and they told me that estimate is just supposed to be, ".. in the ballpark." I told them $100 more is a very large ballpark. They knocked it down to $400 and I accepted reluctantly. I will never use them again.

Description of Work
Removal of 2 couches, chair, game table, TV and other old electronics, several boxes of items for donation, other misc. junk.

06/07/2018

vivian L.

Junk King did a great job! I would hire them again.

Description of Work
hauling construction debris

10/04/2017

Stephen P.

Arrangements were simple and work performed as promised. Workers were professional, arrived early, gave me price before starting work, worked hard in the heat and finished the job 100%.

Description of Work
Cleared junk out of duplex basements.

06/05/2017

Heather M.

could not have been easier. Plan on using again within the next month.

Description of Work
Junk hauling. Great guys. Very polite and professional

Category garbage collection, hauling services

04/20/2016

Stanley N.

As of April 20, 2016 the provider has not responded to my information request, submitted on Apri1 11, 2016. I was seeking services for removal of old furniture from my home. Fortunately, another provider did respond. because I don't know the service and a fair price for it, not having two responses left me unsure about the value of the service I selected notwithstanding the fact that the service quality was excellent.

Description of Work
Nothing. As of April 20, 2016 the provider has not responded to my information request, submitted on Apri1 11, 2016. I was seeking services for removal of old furniture from my home. Fortunately, another provider did respond.

11/21/2015

John K.

I contacted them via text but the home office could note give me a quote, but it was a Sunday. On Monday the franchise owner called and I sent him two pictures of the material. He quoted me $180 to $220. When they showed up, they wanted $260 to do the work. I told them to leave as I had others to quote it. They then said they would do it for the quoted price. From that point forward they were fine to work with. They also showed up on time. I am am not sure if this how they normally operate but I was not comfortable with the pricing and how they want to show up and quote. I had wanted a firm price ahead of time.

Description of Work
Hauled away construction debris.

08/18/2015

Jay E.

Cliff and Perry did an outstanding job for us! It was a difficult job, but they were very professional and efficient. We will be using them again any time that we need this type of service in the future and highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Provided moving and disposal services.

06/16/2015

Lisa W.

Junk King was awesome. They showed up on time and quickly and efficiently moved my couch. Clifton and Rodney were very professional. I will definitely use them again in the future and would highly recommend them to all.

Description of Work
I needed to have a couch removed from my apartment. Since I didn't have access to a truck or friends for labor, I called Junk King.

06/05/2015

Jean O.

It went well. They were very good and accommodating. They did a great job taking care of everything. I didn't have to worry about anything. They're just easy to work with. I'd say all A's. There's nothing bad about it at all.

Description of Work
He took care of all the stuff that was left over after we moved everything. He did a cleanup service.

06/05/2015

Wanda H.

They came several times. Their pricing is very good. The quality of their work was wonderful. I've nothing bad to say about this guys. They were straight above the board and they're wonderful.

Description of Work
They hauled away a bunch of junk.

06/03/2015

Crystal & Richard C.

We were completely satisfied with them. It was reasonable.

Description of Work
We had a full trick picked up.

04/15/2015

Brian B.

I bought a big deal for this service and it went fine. They were a little high priced, but they did a good job.

Description of Work
I was moving and had some extra junk so they took it away for me.

04/02/2015

erich H.

Based on Junk King's good grades on Angie's List, we selected them for removal rubbish from a property we own?probably an old collapsed shack on a wooded lot that hadn't been inhabited for decades. Initial contact was fine. I called the local representative and we scheduled a time for him to come out to the property to inspect it. On the appointed day I realized that I needed to clarify the directions to the property and spoke with a women, giving her directions and ensuring that she could find the location on Google Streetview. Strangely enough, when the crew called to meet us at the property, the detailed data that I had given previously had not been passed on. Anyhow, they met us near our house and we convoyed them the property for an estimate. With that done, we agreed on the price and the job was scheduled for today. The crew chief called us to say they had finished the job so we went over to the site merely to check. There was approximately a third of the rubbish that should have been cleared that had not yet been. Since Durham County had requested that this rubbish was removed (and Junk King was aware of this), we really just wanted to make sure that a reasonable effort was made to clean the site up, but the crew chief called the local franchise manager claiming that we were "refusing to pay", when we were just requesting that they finish their work. I hate to give local businesses bad reviews, but this kind of behavior is bad policy. For one, there had been no suggestion that the company was not going to be paid, only that the work that was agreed on be completed. What made matters worse is that the manager on the other end of the line raised his voice. This isn't unacceptable. I'm generally of the policy that "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything"; however this isn't a good way to treat your customers, and local Angie's List members should be aware. For one, crew chiefs shouldn't be in the business of stirring the pot and making what should be straightforward problem, easily solved (by treating the customer with respect), into a drama. Two, whatever the crew chief says, a manager's job is to objectively assess the situation, rather than escalate it. Hate to put in a bad review, but there it is.

Description of Work
Removed rubbish from a property

02/08/2015

William J.

It was an excellent experience. It could not have gone any better. I ordered the coupon, Junk King confirmed the request over the phone, I went to work, when I got home from work the yard waste was gone. Done and done.

Description of Work
Hauled away a large pile of yard waste.

12/16/2014

Vicie W.

They were unable to come to my home because I didn’t live in their service area.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for Last Chance - $59 for Junk Hauling and Removal!

11/07/2014

Laurie A.

We used this company twice in three months and both times were great experiences. The first time was based on the reviews on Angie's List. We had a lot of large items to get rid of after cleaning out our house in preparation for a cross country move. The guys who came were nice, strong, and efficient. They came on time and were done within 15 minutes. We used them again a few months later to clear out old furniture in our old house to make room for renters. They were great again and extra nice since they guys remembered us from a few months prior.

Description of Work
Three strong young men in a truck came to remove old and broken furniture and appliances that were too numerous and bulky for us to take to the dump on our own.

Category hauling services, house cleaning

09/08/2014

Jean O.

This turned out great! They hauled away all kinds of junk. The men that came were very accommodating and easy to work with.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for $89 for $168 of junk removal/hauling.

08/21/2014

TAY F.

Had service scheduled for Monday 8/19 and was told they would be here between 8-10. I called at 11:00 to make sure I had the right day... I did. The person I spoke to told me they would call the service provider. I called again at noon to ask if the service was going to happen. The person I spoke to said they would call the truck driver and franchise owner. I asked for a call back. I called again at 1:00 because I had not heard from anyone yet. The person I spoke to put me on hold and called the franchise office and truck driver ... she came back on the phone and said no one was answering. She said she would continue to call every few minutes and give me a call back. I called again at 3:00 ... because NO ONE has called me back yet. I was put on hold again as the person I spoke to called the driver and the franchise owner. She did get to talk to someone...she told me they had issues with their trucks. It appears that the franchises use a central (corp) call center? Well, although everyone is pleasant and professional on the phone, not one of them called me back with a status. And how can the franchise operate like that? Not call corporate and let them know their appointments had to be rescheduled. Why did I have reach out like that?! My personal suspicion is that maybe they sold too many Angie's List coupons and they could not keep up?! Sure would be nice to know the real story. The service was rescheduled for 8/20 between the hours of 9-11. Service was completed in a timely and professional manner from a DIFFERENT franchise. They drove over an hour to fill in for the non-communicative franchise. I will not do business with Junk King again.

Description of Work
Remove Trash

08/13/2014

Jennifer S.

They were able to schedule me between 8-10am for today. I went early to make sure that I was available for them. I called to confirm appointment, the lady seemed a little agitated, but she confirmed my appointment time. At 10:30 I called again, because they hadn’t shown, she confirmed my phone number and 45 min. later I called again because they never showed and cancelled the deal. They were a no call no show. I found someone else. To their credit, I used them previously and had a good experience. That is why I called them again. However, I won’t be using them moving forward.

Description of Work
Haul old furniture, and bookshelves, and clear garage.

08/12/2014

Wanda B.

These guys were great. They arrived on time and removed trash in the garage very quickly.

Description of Work
Haul away trash from a rental property

Category garbage collection, hauling services

08/12/2014

Marc S.

Not only did they not contact me, but of course they did nothing. FYI if you get stuck with a big deal that does nothing, there is no refund...

Description of Work
Provider did no contact me!

08/07/2014

Panna T.

That turned out just fine. Two employees came out and it took them about 20 minutes; it was pretty quick. They hauled away some house rubbish since we just moved in. They were helpful and cooperative. We did have to pay extra and it ended up being about $270, due to having more items for them to haul away.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal from this company for $89 for $168 of Junk Removal/Hauling!

08/05/2014

Nancy L.

They did an excellent job. They were on time. They went through everything carefully. They put down plywood so they wouldn't track mud because they went to the backyard. They asked if we wanted to a toss things. I requested them to do more and the price was reasonable. They were very professional.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for $168 worth of Junk Removal and Hauling.

08/04/2014

Mindy S.

The employees arrived on time and were very quiet and courteous. The job went over the coupon but I wasn't surprised. They took everything and cleaned up. No problems. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned out my basement

Category hauling services, house cleaning

In & Out Property Services, LLC

Hi! My name is Kara and I am the owner of a 2 woman team that specializes in Organization and De-Clutter services. We clear the clutter, organize it, haul away what's left, then give your space a thorough deep clean. We have years of organizing/cleaning experience, as well as, 10+ years of property management experience that includes move out/move in inspections, so we know how to get you to where you need to be and meet you where you are! We are not afraid of a mess, and in fact, love the satisfaction and reward that such a great change can make in your home! With all that we CAN do for you, there is 1 thing that we can't (yet!). We currently do not offer design or install of shelving or closet systems. We use a flat rate pricing model, so please take a look at our rate and services card for all the information you'll need to get started!

Offers by In & Out Property Services, LLC on Angi
    Cabinet and Closet Depot

Cabinet and Closet Depot specializes in every aspect of kitchen remodeling, kitchen cabinets, and bathroom remodeling services in Raleigh, NC, and surrounding areas, from start to finish.

CCS Cleaning

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in cleaning services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Satisfaction

Residential and commercial clean and removal, furniture, mattresses, appliances, hot tubs, electronics, yard waste, tree branches, garden refuse, lumber, fencing & automotive parts. Almost everything except HAZMAT.

HAZMAT removal.