Founded 2001 • With Angi since August 2005

Established in 2001, our business provides energy efficient solutions to customers throughout North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. We hold general contractor and electrical licenses, and are Building Performance Institute-accredited Seal, Insulate, and Envelope specialists. In addition, we

roofing (173)insulation (66)home energy audit (46)electrician (38)ceiling fan installation (35)HVAC Companies (23)dryer vent cleaning (2)small appliance repair (2)handyman (2)house painting (1)skylight installation (1)

10/15/2022

Brian M.

Excellent job. Thoroughly explained process during estimate. Showed previous customers work. All around professional!!! Would use their services again if needed!

Description of Work
roof mount attic fans

Category electrician, roofing

Work Completed On 09/24/2022

09/27/2021

JOHN & BETTY LYNN L.

Fan stopped working after 13 years and they replaced the burned out motor

Description of Work
Replaced the motor under warrantee, were in and out and efficient and professional

Category electrician

Work Completed On 09/06/2021

12/20/2019

Thomas M.

I couldn't have asked for a better job.

Description of Work
Sealed Attic and insulated it.

Work Completed On 12/10/2019

07/30/2018

Rick B.

Very professional. Showed up on time, work was completed in about an hour and a half. The installers answered my questions and were very personable. They also cleaned up well.

Description of Work
attic fan replacement

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

03/28/2018

Matthew W.

Rich from The Fan Man came out and gave us an energy audit that identified some problems we knew had on energy efficiency and helped us find many we didn't know we had. Just to make sure, he even had the owner come out and ***** a few items. He always answered my questions and concerns quickly and with a willingness to help, no matter how many questions I asked or how dumb they were. ;) They worked us in to tight a tight schedule and since it was such short notice, even gave a break on price. They were very professional, reasonable, helpful and one thing I really liked is that they didn't try to upsell me on a bunch of stuff I didn't need. The did the basics and said I could always add more but didn't push me to do everything possible at once. The installers were professional, hardworking and very kind. They were in and out in less than two days. They took the time to explain to me exactly what they were doing. Brandon and Miquel were wonderful. My only hang up was that the installers ran over an hour late both days. They always called/texted to let me know where they were so it wasn't a big deal. I'm very happy with the work and would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Attic foam sealing/insulation/crawl space sealing/attic fan vents/jump vent installation

Work Completed On 03/28/2018

Review for Fan Man - 119 North Main Street Suite 202, Mooresville, NC - 36937290

03/05/2018

Andrew S.

These folks were great! Outstanding service and product

Description of Work
Attic Fan installation

Category remodeling, roofing

Work Completed On 03/05/2018

01/08/2018

Kris E.

Everything went great - and cheaper than I expected for the amount of work done! I would definitely recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Replaced attic fan, blew in insulation in attic, added insulation to knee walls in bonus room

Work Completed On 11/20/2017

12/04/2017

Nancy J.

Did awesome job to correct ventilation issues from bathroom fans and can lights. Great job of sealing up our attic access. First time I recall seeing the frost covering the roof outside and no heat loss.

Description of Work
Update 40 year old house's attic insulation.

Work Completed On 11/03/2017

11/29/2017

Stephen R.

Great. It has made a difference in the feel of the house but I don’t know if the energy savings will offset the cost for several years.

Description of Work
Inspected insulation in attic for $49 and gave us a full report and recommendations on improvements. It was expensive but a lot of work was needed to seal things.

Work Completed On 11/27/2017

09/26/2017

Laurance M.

Excellent service. No argument about replacing fan at no charge. Cost was never mentioned. All businesses should be run like this.

Description of Work
Attic fan installed a couple of years ago started making noise. Fan Man replaced motor at no charge.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

09/20/2017

Robert P.

Everything went as planned. Completed in half a day.

Description of Work
Thermal photos of air leaks. Checked effectiveness of insulation. Then added insulation to attic. Sealed all overhead fixtures to prevent heat creeping into upstairs. Installed tent above attic access.

Category insulation, energy audit

Work Completed On 09/14/2017

09/11/2017

Hal V.

Great, work done quickly and efficiently

Description of Work
Sealing attic, insulation

Work Completed On 09/11/2017

09/07/2017

toni T.

Installation job went good. But have called 5 times about the rebate that I should of received from the state that they said they would take care of. I can not get anybody to return my call and clear this up. I am very disappointed and will be contacting the rebate company and informing them not to do business when the Fan Man.

Description of Work
Had the Fan Man do the installation of insulation on my house that I am remodeling.

Work Completed On 09/07/2017

07/27/2017

Mark C.

I took a chance that adding this equipment would lower my heating costs 10 years ago. Glad I did. Not only did it lower my costs but they stood behind their product replaced a warranty part and serviced a loosen hire all at no additional cost. Worth the investment.

Description of Work
Roof/attic fan

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

06/20/2017

John D.

I had a great experience with them, They did installation so the attic did not get too cold or hot. The sales staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. They did not try to oversell me things that I did not need.

Description of Work
They put installation in the attic.

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

05/22/2017

Blythe K.

Great. He checked it and everything was operational. He just adjusted the temperature control.

Description of Work
Checked attic fans because we thought they weren't working

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, roofing

Work Completed On 05/22/2017

04/19/2017

Carolyn W.

Everything went very well. They were very professional and completed everything as designed.

Description of Work
Energy audit and "buttoning up" the house

Work Completed On 03/23/2017

03/27/2017

Gina H.

Very well. They were clean and professional

Description of Work
Added attic fans, covered 50 light cans and added insulation

Work Completed On 02/17/2017

03/27/2017

Gina H.

I thought they did a good job. Until last week - one of their workmen stepped on a pipe in the attic, broke it and did not report the breakage. Seven months later, I have an interior wall with extensive water damage due to the broken pipe in the attic. My plumber checked the entire plumbing system before I had the Fan Man in to do his work. Extremely unhappy with the results. Gave a lousy review because the worker did not tell of the pipe he broke - Fan Man were the only ones in the attic since I had the plumber do his maintenance check. It was a big pipe - too hard to miss and it was broken in two pieces. Now I have the additional cost of plumbing, and drywall repair, painters....ARGHGGHHH

Description of Work
40 light canisters were covered to prevent air flow/dust from inside the house. Insulation was added and a cover over the attic door was installed

Category insulation, energy audit

Work Completed On 03/27/2017

Review for Fan Man - 119 North Main Street Suite 202, Mooresville, NC - 36199076

03/26/2017

JANELLE C.

Excellent. And I had some questions about areas done or not done, they came out the next day and walked me through what they had done and corrected the one space that was missed

Description of Work
Insulation of attic

Work Completed On 10/05/2016

03/14/2017

Bob P.

I was very impressed with them. The price was fair. The workers were very good. They're very competent. They knew what they were doing, and not pushy. They didn't try to sell me stuff I didn't need. The energy audit was very back driven with photographs.

Description of Work
I had an energy audit. They did some insulation work. They put an insulated tent over the attic stairs.

Work Completed On 04/15/2016

03/10/2017

Doug E.

Paid for Complete Attic Energy and Ventilation Inspection PLUS Infrared Thermal Image Scan. DID NOT GET THE Infrared Thermal Image scan. Purchased on an Angie's List special. Very disappointed.

Category roofing, energy audit