Universal Home Solutions Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since September 2008

3122 Fincher Farm Rd Suite 100-288

Matthews, NC 28105

With over 20 years of experience in the roofing industry, we specialize in asphalt roof systems inspection, leak detection, replacement, repairs and maintenance. We fabricate custom gutter systems or guards to fit each home's design, color, contour and water drainage characteristics. Our experienced crews are dedicated to the best possible workmanship. We are your local, Angie' List Award Winning, Insurance Claims Specialists and Owens Corning Preferred Contractor. 24Hr Emergency Service-Contractor Referrals-HOA/Management Agency Maintenance Contracts...

06/05/2020

Donna R.

The recommended "helmet" gutters and downspouts were installed quickly and quietly. I thought there would be lots of noise but there wasn't. The technicians were very polite and pleasant. Dana, Jim and Jaimin have been a delight to work with and I highly recommend the company.

Description of Work
Gutter replacement

04/03/2019

Lonnie L C.

Based on reviews from Angie's List, I selected this company to install a gutter guard on all of my gutters. The company was very professional. They called in advance, scheduled a date for the work, arrived on time and completed the work satisfactorily. The two guys who performed the work communicated well with me about what was going to be done. They worked steady and completed the work in a couple of hours. Later, I hired the same company and guys to repair a couple of minor roof issues. I highly recommend them and will used them again for similar work.

Description of Work
Gutter guard installed and minor roof repairs

04/02/2019

Karen C.

I highly recommend Universal Home Solutions, Inc. It was a smooth process from initial call for an estimate to having our gutter installed. This is the second time we have used them for a gutter install (at two different homes), and both times they have done an excellent job.

Description of Work
Gutter, Downspout and Leaf Guard Installation To Back Porch

02/08/2019

Gregory A T.

Our roof and gutter service by Universal Home Solutions was exceptional. The presurvey was detailed, and work recommended was conservative at a reasonable price. No excessive or unnecessary work was suggested. The work crew showed up on time and were very professional. They worked quickly, did the roof and gutter repairs well, and cleaned up the work site. We have used this company for 7+ years and have never had a bad experience.

Description of Work
roof and gutter repairs

05/28/2018

mark W.

They gave us an estimate and responded quickly. Very professional and the job was completed correctly

Description of Work
Rotten window and door frame exterior, gutter repairs, facia and soffet repairs

Category gutter repair, roofing, woodworking

04/29/2018

Melissa W.

After discovering that squirrels were eating my existing gutter guards and getting into the side of my home, I contacted Universal Home Solutions for an estimate for repair. James was professional, and provided a honest assessment of my needs which included new aluminium gutter guards, and miscellaneous wood repair. The team arrived on time and worked all day. It was discovered that the scope of the project needed to be changed to include drip edges and flashing on areas of my home. After a discussion with the team lead on site as well as James, a fair price was negotiated and the additional work was completed that day as well. All debris was removed and the project was completed as promised. I am very pleased with the work and would recommend their services.

Description of Work
Gutter guards and wood repair for squirrel protection

Category gutter repair, woodworking

10/12/2017

Cherie M.

I called the office and was told James would be out the next day. The next day he called and set a time when he'd be out. He showed up right on time. He immediately assessed the garage and got up on the roof. Having found no problems on the roof, he moved to the rest of the garage. After checking the attic and not finding a problem, he checked the rest of the garage. He was able to find the source of the musty smell and recommend someone that could look at it. It was clear at the beginning of his visit that I didn't have a roofing problem, yet he worked on it until he found the source. He didn't charge me for the visit. When I do need my roof worked on or replaced, I'm calling him.

Description of Work
Musty smell in a detached garage. I suspected a leak from the roof into the attic.

10/11/2017

Scott C.

It went amazingly! The crew was extremely pleasant and professional! Got the whole project done EXCELLENTLY IN 6 hours!!! Looks great! Would highly recommend, again and again!

Description of Work
Complete home gutter replacement and some fascia repair.

09/14/2017

Jim D.

Very Professional. Work was done in a timely manor and very professional. Responded quickly and I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
They fixed a roof leak.

08/31/2017

Jason R.

initially it went very well -- we were very pleased -- responsive; work was done. Until...one of the areas repaired leaked again; called and days went by without a response. We called again - a worker came to look but by then, it was dry and he noted "no leak." The next rain...the same scenario no response. We got a bit annoyed and insisted on talking to James (getting through the front office is horrible). James came by and saw the attic was wet. A worker came out and worked on it. The next rain -- still a leak (not as bad) but with today's rain -- you can tell the wood is saturated. We called after that rain (not today's rain) - almost two weeks without a response - it's so exasperating trying to communicate with the front office - you don't want to call. We were told she was on vacation and would get back to us. Two days later i received the following: "I apologize that we have not been able to get back out there to take a look at your leak. Unfortunately we've been unable to get our guy to get back in touch with us, so we don't have anyone else who can come and take a look at it. We suggest having someone else come and see if they can diagnose the issue as we have been unable to do so." Isn't that what their job is -- to find the leak? "Unable to get our guy to get back in touch with us" -- isn't this person their employee? What is that statement? Their contract states they warranty their work for a year -- it is not a year. We hope that means they pay for the next repair! Right. Truly disappointed -- we thought we found a "good" person/company -- turned out to be one of the worst -- we've never been treated like this. Suggest you think very carefully about this company before engaging. Onset is a good experience -- but don't let there be a problem...you will be ignored. Horrible customer service and after their response, definitely question the quality.

Description of Work
roof leaks around dormer windows

Mr. [Member Name Removed], I am very sorry and surprised to see this review after having worked on your moms home as we strive for complete customer satisfaction. We pride ourselves on honesty and integrity when working with homeowners. Unfortunately, you and I have never spoken personally about this. I wish we could have talked before this review came out as it may have given us each some different perspectives. That, I take responsibilty for and have implemented an updated call back procedure at UHS. Let me explain some details of the job for clarity. I met with your mom who explained that the house had been flipped and there wer a lot of issues with poor workmanship. After having inspected the leaks/issues with the dormers, I also noted that the roof system had been poorly installed and had many flashing issues. I subsequently sent an estimate to repair x4 dormers. We scheduled the work and performed the work. Since the work did not take us as long as I had estimated...I discounted the Estimate/Invoice $250 less than contracted. Later, we were informed of a leak that was occuring. We came back, multiple times at no charge, to finally identify the leak as something not related at all to the dormer repairs we had performed/contracted. It was in an area near but not related to the dormer. We then attepted to repair the leak 2 times...at no charge, because it took to long, I thought, for us to identify the problem. After having been unable to pinpoint and stop the leak, the employee who worked on the home from start to finish was no longer under our employ. I did not want to do you a disservice by starting over so advised you to contact another company to put a fresh set of eyes on the problem. I again apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Our customers complete satisfaction is our goal and we at UHS continue to institute processes and procedures to assure that. James D (owner/operator)

08/24/2017

Joan H.

Excellent! Crew was very nice and professional to work with. It appeared to me that this company takes care to do a thorough and careful job with repairs.

Description of Work
Roofing and fascia board replacement where rotted

08/09/2017

Jim G.

Exceptionally professional, great value, prompt and expert service

Description of Work
New Gutters

07/16/2017

Mark B.

All went well as promised and expected.

Description of Work
Install new gutters on my home and utility building

07/11/2017

Tammy S.

They missed one spot and came back immediately to fix it. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Roof tune up

07/11/2017

Tammy S.

The roofers showed up late. They performed the work stated in the package we purchased including caulking and roof inspection. However, they missed a couple of shingles. They returned immediately to replace the ones they missed. Overall we were very satisfied with the service. I would recommend them and hire them again.

Description of Work
We purchased a roof tune up package for our 5 year old house. We had a few missing shingles after a big storm.

07/03/2017

Elizabeth P.

There aren't any trees around the front of the house so really the backside and garage gutters needed cleaning with room 10 minutes. I told them when they arrived that there was a corner gutter that was leaking and could they look at it. They reported back to me that it needed a longer screw and then they showed me pictures of all the other things that were wrong with my roof. I asked if they could just put the longer screw in the gutter since the $175 included minor repairs. They said they would need to send someone else out to do that and would also send me an estimate for the other things found which all I ended up getting was an estimate for $495.

Description of Work
I paid $175 for cleaning up to 150 linear feet of gutters and a gutter system tune-up. Includes minor repairs to gutters and downspouts.

06/21/2017

JANET H.

They were very prompt and professional. They performed the work well and cleaned up everything. I would use them for any roofing issues in the future and have recommended them to friends.

Description of Work
They replaced the flashing around my chimney.

05/24/2017

Mayur D.

Very prompt, professional and complete job

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning and minor repair

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

04/30/2017

Will W.

James and Universal were terrific. They came out within a couple of days in all three cases and proposed solutions that were simpler and cheaper than what other roofers and inspectors had recommended. James even helped us persuade our buyers that what he was proposing was better than what the inspector said.

Description of Work
We had three needs over the past year to have roofing repair work done in preparation for selling our house. The first was to re-stick a few shingles that had slipped down. The second was to repair some gutter dents. The third was to seal the mansard roof edges to the adjoining brick.

04/27/2017

Brian N.

Showed up on time. Did the work promptly.

Description of Work
Repair of downspout and gutters. Gutter clean out.

04/12/2017

Diane J.

Great. That was several years ago and I have had no problems since. Last year they replaced cuffs around the vents, also successful.

Description of Work
Repair work was done on a tricky area of the roof that had been "fix" numerous times with short term results

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing

03/17/2017

Stacy M.

Everything went perfectly. Team came and installed the gutters on garbage collection day, they moved mine and my neighbors garbage cans to ensure the trash was collected. Installed the gutters so quietly I was able to work with no interruptions and the backyard seemed cleaner after they left than before the came. I'd highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Gutters installed on the back of my two story home.

03/11/2017

James W.

They were fast, through and knowledgeable. Very happy with the service performed and the quality of their work

Description of Work
We needed our gutters cleaned and some minor repairs made

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

02/23/2017

Joseph H.

These guys are amazing and the staff is always very responsive! We are selling our house and needed some roof repair. The price was cheap, but the workmanship was premium. They did such a great job, we are having them replace our gutters. Ask for James, when you call.

Description of Work
Roof needed repair around the chimney.

02/18/2017

Nathan B.

Quick, easy, professional, friendly, and a good price. What more could you want?

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Category gutter repair

Accents Professional Painting Company Inc.

*Super Service Award Winner 19 years out of the past 20* Accents is owned and operated by Rick Carter, proudly serving greater Charlotte for 20 plus years. Rick is a hands-on owner and is involved in the daily operations of the company. You will work with Rick from the estimate to project completion. The Company Motto is "When You Expect the Best" and we strive to make every job the best. We follow a strict process with every job, making sure the customer is 100% satisfied. Our company specializes in Interior/Exterior painting, wallpaper removal, drywall repair, cabinet painting, lead paint removal, deck staining, pressure washing, re-finishing doors, carpentry repairs, and handyman services. Accents is NC State Lead Paint Certified. Accents is fully licensed and insured including workers compensation on all employees. All workers are company employees, no subs. Give us a call today!

AB Drywall Repair Specialist

AB drywall has been servicing Charlotte & the surrounding areas since 1993 and have worked in this trade since 1977. We specialize in all phases of drywall repairs. We are prompt, professional, experienced, extremely neat and most of all, we do not sand ! That is right, NO DUST ! As the old timers said, " If you have to sand, you either put on to much or put it on all wrong ". It takes a few extra steps but the finished product is flat, slick and paint ready. We take pride in what we do and everyone wins. The drywall looks great, no mess, the wife and or husband is happy. Call today. You will be happy you did !

A-Bros Drywall

Here at A-Bros Drywall we specialize in repairs and our aim and focus is providing the best quality to meet our customers drywall needs. We are a company of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and accept responsibility. We want our customers to feel comfortable in reaching out to us with any concerns or requests to come to a fair agreement that works for both us and our customers. Whether it be for a hole patch accidentally made by your child playing around the house or you want to get rid of all of that dirt trapping popcorn and have smooth sleek ceilings and more, then reach out to A-Bros Drywall and ask for Bea (Beatriz) or Joel. We are a small starting business but with a bit over 20 years of experience you will be receiving our best work that will sure to leave you with a smile :). Check out our reviews on HomeAdvisors and more of our work pics on our Facebook (A-Bros Drywall) or google ☺️

10-01641654164
    Mecklenburgh County,Union County
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Roof Inspections & Maintenance, Leak Detection & Repairs, Re-Roofs, Insurance Claims, Seamless Gutters & Downspouts, Gutter Cleaning, Gutter/Downspout Upgrades/Retrofits, Gutter Guards, Soffit & Fascia, Boxing, Wood Rot & Damage Repairs, Animal Damage

Metal, slate, tile, flat roofs.