Dog As A Second Language

Founded 2010 • With Angi since May 2013

5109 Weddington Matthews Rd

Matthews, NC 28104

Located in beautiful Weddington, DSL provides dogs both indoor and outdoor air-conditioned areas for dogs of all sizes and temperaments....

03/31/2015

Robert C.

Ralph the dog is beginning week 4 of 5 total. I will visit him soon to learn the commands to reinforce his training long term. I would recommend "Dogs as a second language" or DSL for short.

Description of Work
They provide a 5 week intense boot camp to help dog better behave

02/19/2015

Mark R.

Description of Work
DASL is the only place my wife lets us board her dogs. They are very nice people to deal with, They seem so caring towards all the dogs there. The folks really love dogs! It is nice they post pictures on their Facebook page. Helps the anxiety on her part!

07/13/2014

Helene H.

Alfredo is a gifted trainer. He is amazing. I used to have so much trouble trying to get Emma to do anything that I wanted her to do. Within minutes I learned how to communicate instructions to her and she followed them. It used to be so frustrating walking her and I was always afraid that she would unintentionally hurt me. She is like a new dog now. The day after training she was a little unsure about what she was supposed to do. That lasted about two minutes. As soon as I had her walk next to me it all came back to her and she has been amazing. We have been in situations now where she used to take off running and drag me. Now I can correct her behavior instantly. My neighbors are amazed at the difference in her behavior. No one can believe that she has only had one class!

Description of Work
I had paid $300 for dog training in the past and it didn't help me control my 96 lb. Golden Retriever. She would see something interesting and take off running. She has dragged me many times, tore my rotator cuff, and cracked a rib. She is so friendly and loving that I would never give her away. I knew I needed to try training again. Alfredo is amazing. I saw at his free evaluation that he is special. My neighbor commented that he was just like Cesar Millan, the dog whisperer. Alfredo come to my house and the first thing that I learned was that I had the correct collar but it was fitted wrong.that made a huge difference in walking her. He took me outside and showed me how to hold the leash and walk her. When it was my turn to do what he showed me, I couldn't believe that she walked right next to me! We went to the walking trail near my home and he taught me what to do when she saw distractions. I was able to stop her from dragging me e to people, children, and other dogs. Emma is three years old and this is the first time that I have had any control over her. Alfredo taught me commands and ways to move the leash to instruct her. It was all amazing. Emma had no problem understanding what I wanted her to do. When the hour was almost finished, Alfredo showed me how to handle her when she was going to the bathroom so that she would not pull me. He suggested some things to do with her at home to reinforce what he had taught her. I walk her now and it is a pleasure. I don't have to panic whoever she sees children playing with a ball. I can stop her from taking off and dragging me as. she has done many times. I honestly feel like I have a new dog. My neighbors have seen me walking her and their mouths drop open. They cannot believe how well she is listening to me and behaving. They cannot believe that she has only had one lesson. Me too. Alfredo is an amazing trainer. I can't wait until the next class!

Category dog trainers

03/14/2014

Kerry H.

These folks are just amazing with dogs! It's great to feel like I can trust a facility with my dog for a day (or night, as they do boarding also) and not worry! The price is fantastic and our pup came home SO happy and SO tired from all the playtime! Even better - you can check out the pic's of the place on Facebook, and each day they post the 'pictures of the pack' so you can see your pup's at play.....all kinds of great activities for the dogs, this is a real PLAY center for the pooches! Additional: My neighbors referred us here and they had their dog in the boot-camp program, the 3-week program is $1100, which we just can't afford, but every time I see our neighbor's dog I gotta say I am tempted to scrounge up the money as DSL did an amazing job with her training! She is obedient OFF-leash and is just under 1-year old, comes when called and lays obediently nearby when they play out in our neighborhood pocket-park, it's quite impressive to see! A testament to the training in boot camp! My ONE request of DSL is that they gravel-in the parking area to the side of the drive, as it gets REALLY muddy on wet days when you have to park for pick-up or drop-off! We LOVE you guys and can't wait to bring our little gal back to play!

Description of Work
Doggie Day-Care

Category kennels

Thank you for your kind words! We absolutely loved spending time with Jasmine! Also, thank you for the recommendation; we plan on laying gravel down this summer! We are always looking for ways to improve so we welcome any advice you may have on how to improve the client experience.

09/30/2013

Jason M.

We love sending our dog to DSL for boarding when we are away on trips! When we moved to the Charlotte area this past summer, we were concerned about finding a boarding place for our nervous/apprehensive dog. However, DSL has put our minds at ease. Our dog has been excited when we drop her off at DSL and the pictures they post of "the dog pack" on Facebook show us how happy our dog is when she is staying at DSL. We are thankful we have found a dog boarding place that makes our dog happy and makes us feel good when we leave her there!

Description of Work
Provided dog boarding/daycare.

07/16/2013

John K.

The service was great. Kaitlyn really cares about the animals. The facility is clean and the staff is very trustworthy.

Description of Work
They did animal boarding for five days.

07/12/2013

Thomas W.

The service was awesome. I have used them repeatedly. The cost is very reasonable. Their whole staff is very well trained and they really care about the dogs and their customers. They have a very efficient system in place, they are very organized, and they are professional as well.

Description of Work
They do boarding and daycare. My dog stayed there for a couple of days.

07/12/2013

Jared D.

They provided fantastic service and he even posts pictures and videos online. I have used there service and I plan on using them in the future. They have extremely competitive rates for animal boarding. He keeps the animals in his home instead of the kennel and I found that to be unique.

Description of Work
My dog is there for now for a five week boot camp.

Category dog trainers,kennels

05/22/2013

Mindy S.

Overall, I'm very happy to have found this place for my 4-legged baby to have a place to either just spend a day playing or for boarding if we go out of town!

Description of Work
We were very lucky to find this place! We went out of town for the weekend and needed a good place for our dog to stay. We dropped her off on Thursday, May 9th and picked up Monday May 13. I was very pleased with how the daily routine was. The dogs were out and socializing in a large well secured back yard with supervision for 2 hours at a time. Then it was "nap time" for 2 hours. During the course of the day, the dogs were out for about 6-7 hours total: playing together, playing in a pool, just having lots of fun! We chose the option of having pictures emailed to us while we were gone, which the kids loved! They also have a Facebook page where there were some pics posted! We will definitely be using them in the future, and recommend to friends and family!

Animal Boarding Kennels
    Animal Training
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal
    Other

Dog boarding, dog daycare & dog training.

n/a