Chem Dry of Winston Salem

Founded 1978 • With Angi since July 2010

4.4

6606 Shallowford Rd

Lewisville, NC 27023

When it comes to cleaning carpets and upholstery, you need someone with experience you can trust, a company with a tradition of quality cleaning and a reputation for innovation, you need Chem-Dry of Winston-Salem. We have been serving the triad for over 20 years. We have earned a reputation like no other carpet cleaning firm. We still believe in quality over quantity. You will be delighted with our professional, friendly, dependable Carpet Cleaning services....

11/30/2017

M Diane D.

Arrived on time. All went well. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Treat pet urine spots on carpet.

01/29/2017

Ed F.

My wife and I recently built our dream home. We hired If It's Carpet to install carpet, hardwood floors and tile. The whole job was around $20k, we paid If It's Carpet 70% of the whole job before it was even started. From the start this project was a disaster. We have expressed our concerns to the owner Michael Hansley and his wife Carrie Hansley multiple times through phone calls, text messages and in person for a poor job performance on everything we hired him to do. For a project that was stated by Michael Hansley to be completed June 2016 was still going on into August 2016. We have continued to express our issues which continued to be disregarded. We had issues on everything that Michael and his crew did for us. The hardwood flooring issues were from his crew being so messing, the glue was everywhere, their tools were left everywhere, the mess they left was ridiculous, their mess and tools were left lying around throughout the house, all over the back porch, and even in the yard, the hardwood floor boards began pealing up, boards started to separate from each other and actually still are to date, boards that supposedly glued down, weren't glued down. We are still having issues with the hardwood floors coming up. We are still finding glue on surfaces. With the carpet that was installed, the seams are very noticeable from room to room and along the walls in the rooms the carpet was cut short. With the tile that was installed in the guest bath and master bath, tiles are not straight, not even and not level, we were left with a cracked tile which is still not fixed, tiles cut short so gaps around walls are an eye soar and gaps around floor vents where the vent cover won't cover the flaw, still not fixed. We were told that the balance of 30% would be due upon completion and satisfaction of the job. We continued to express that we weren't satisfied with this job and wanted it made right before receiving any more money. Issues still weren't addressed or resolved and then days later a final bill was received via email. 4 months later we received a letter from a collections agency. If It's Carpet shouldn't be allowed to do any work on anyone's home. Their crew do not have the technical skills to perform this type of work. Their crew are all felons and paid minimum wage, so you could only imagine what this so called work looks like. I have pictures and text messages throughout with nightmare. BE AWARE OF THIS COMPANY. STAY AWAY.

Description of Work
New home construction, hired to install new Shaw Hickory Hardwood floors throughout the main level of the home, install Shaw Carpet upstairs loft area and two bedrooms and Tile work for master bath and guest bath

Category carpet installation

08/24/2016

William D.

08/24/2016

William D.

They did a good job.

Description of Work
They did carpet cleaning.

05/23/2016

Charles W.

Everything from the initial estimate to the end of the project was a top notch experience. I looked at multiple local carpet places before deciding to go with "If its Carpet." The price was the best and the additional repair/refinishing work without the need of another crew coming in was great. The guys from "If its Carpet" can do it all, and I will definitely be going back to them for more work in the future!

Description of Work
Repaired and refinished stairs and base molding. installed new carpet runner on the stairs as well

Category cabinet refacing

04/05/2016

Tina P.

Phillips arrived on time. He used a black-light, smelled and visually inspected the carpeted area and discovered we cleaned the area sufficiently and did not need their services. He also educated me on what the best products are for treating pet spots. He also provided details on their monthly plan (in case our new furbaby has more accidents) or a one-time treatment.

Description of Work
Phillips from Chem-Dry came to the house to provide a free estimate because our new dog peed on the carpet and we didn't think we got it out.

06/30/2015

Paula W.

03/26/2015

Brian C.

Description of Work
Small patch replacement in carpet.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

12/30/2014

Robert N H.

They showed up on time and did a great job. Stairs were stained now the look great.

Description of Work
cleaned two rooms plus stairs and hallway

07/09/2014

valerie K.

Purchased a new vacation home and moved current livingroom furniture to new house and purchased a set from craigslist. Nice leather sofa and loveseat just needed intense cleaning and vacuuming. Conatacted Chem Dry of Winston Salem and scheduled appointment for 8:00am, tech showed up at 1030am. Items were left outside under carport and I work late shift so I went to bed after tech arrived. Was quoted $220.00 dollars on the phone. Once tech arrived he contacted my husband to say price would be $350.00 because it was leather (told rep who scheduled the service and quoted price it was leather). He offered a discount due to the error in quote which reduced charge to $305.00 dollars. I awoke 6 hours later and after seeing finished product with swipe marks of dirt and sticky to the touch and now has little shiny droplets all over furniture, could visibly see sock sticking out of corner. I contacted company to explain displeasure and sent photos of same to number provided by phone rep. Company called my husband who set up time for 8 am following morning for manager to come in person after viewing photos. At 9am contacted company to advise manager not there and said he would be here by 1pm. At 2pm he called to say it would be 5pm and actually showed up at 5:30pm. He met with my husband and apoligized and said he would return in 2 days with technician to redo job. Only the technician who originally provided service showed up and proceeded cleaning. My husband thought it looked fine and tech left. I returned home after being to vacation home and was anxious to see furniture after 2nd cleaning. Pulled 2 socks and handfulls of dirt and hair from side of cushion. Contaced Chem Dry again and manager returned my call and explained to me that my husband was present when tech finished and did not mention any issues. After agreeing my husband was not to blame, he came to my house and brought a check for 1/2 of amount charged for service refund check (that was not provided at time of second cleaning as I was promised). After seeing the hair, dirt, socks, papertowels, etc on side of cushion he explained that they "only clean what can be seen. Nothing under cushions or bottom of furniture is ever cleaned, Only what can be seen when they walk in." Handed me the check, asked for a trash can to throw away some of the trash he had pulled out from between cushion, apoligized for not being able to do anything about it and left.

Description of Work
Clean leather sofa and love seat.

06/03/2014

Sally R.

I needed my carpet cleaned for its warranty and thought they could also do my sofa while here. They did honor a coupon from a different Chem-Dry, which was great, because I think Chem-Dry of W-S seems to have higher prices. Unfortunately, it has been 16 hours and parts of the sofa are still wet. He told me 4 hours for the sofa, 1-2 for the carpet. The carpet was still damp in 5 hours. But it is definitely clean and looks good. The worker was very kind and courteous. I went with them because of the fast drying time, which didn't quite turn out how I'd hoped, but I'm not totally opposed to using them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned my carpet in one room. Cleaned one sofa.

01/05/2014

Sandee R.

They cleaned the traffic area in our downstairs den which is a large room as well as double cleaned the areas where dog urine left stains.

12/29/2013

Linda L.

I was satisfied with the results. They strongly recommended that they remove the three larger area rugs and clean them off-site at their facility for better results. I had never done that with area rugs before but was willing to give it a try. The rugs certainly seemed to be in great shape when they returned them to my home a week or so later.

Description of Work
Cleaned four area rugs and two sofas

12/09/2013

Barbara L.

Henry did a great job. He was very friendly and professional.

Description of Work
He cleaned my wool and synthetic area rugs

10/17/2013

Barbara C.

The person arrived punctually and conducted himself quite professionally. The cleaning, however, was totally ineffective on one of the chairs, and I had to get towels and dry the floor around the chair after he left. Perhaps some of my disappointment may have been due to the fact that this was the first time I had upholstered furniture cleaned, and I thought it was going to be more of a "dry" cleaning, not a wet shampooing with something like a high powered wet/dry shop vac.

Description of Work
We had a sofa, ottoman, and 2 upholstered chairs cleaned due to soiling from our dog sleeping on them.

Category upholstery cleaning

10/02/2013

Donna O.

It was a very positive experience. They provide good service and are prompt. They are very anxious to do a good job.

Description of Work
I used Chem Dry of Winston Salem to pick up a rug, cut it down, re-bind it and deliver it back.

Category oriental rug cleaning

09/07/2013

Rebecca J.

ChemDry continues to impress me with their carpet cleaning, but more than that, with their impressive customer service. They care about their customers and they care about the quality of their work, and those values continue to keep me a loyal customer nearly 5 years after first trusting my carpets to ChemDry.

Description of Work
I have used ChemDry's services for the last few years for yearly carpet cleanings, upholstery cleaning, and everyday spot cleaning/maintenance.

08/08/2013

William H.

It went great. It was a really good experience. They took their time with the process like when they gave me the estimate and I took all the time that I needed. And then they followed up and made sure that the job was done correctly. Their price was also competitive with other companies.

Description of Work
I used If It's Carpet in July for carpeting services.

Category carpet installation

07/31/2013

peter F.

They came a bit early, but that was not a problem. Everything was self-contained, so I just let them do their thing. They were finished quickly, the job looked very good, and the price was as advertised with a senior discount.

Description of Work
Chemical cleaning and anti-microbial treatment of sofa and loveseat.

03/04/2013

Terri B.

We were extremely pleased with their service and their attention to detail. They are very professional, high quality, and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
They put in carpet and cork flooring.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

02/25/2013

Edmund K.

Fine!

Description of Work
ChemDry was able to clean three carpets on very short notice. The two servicemen were very polite and worked without interruption for over two hours. I would not hesitate to use them again or to recommend them.

06/14/2006

LEA P.

Chem Dry is the only company that did dry cleaning, everyone else does steam cleaning. They did good work. The price was a little high because it's a monopoly, but it was at least done good. The work was completed in a timely manner, too.

Description of Work
Chem Dry dry-cleaned two couches and two valances.

Category upholstery cleaning

Go Dry Carpet Cleaning

Our dry carpet cleaning process in Greensboro NC thoroughly rids your carpet of dirt, stains, allergens and other dangerous contaminants and is dry instantly. Our carpet cleaning system even removes soil and detergent left behind by other carpet cleaning methods or inexperienced budget carpet cleaners. You'll Love The New Way To Clean Carpet! We Guarantee It!

BUY SMART CARPET CORP

We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in Carpet and Flooring services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

M&M Carpet Cleaning

M&M Carpet Cleaning is a full service company. We take great pride in our services. We specialize in Residential and Commercial properties. Our services consist of Carpet cleaning, and Landscaping. We are a family owned business, and dedicated to our customers satisfaction. We promise to leave no mess behind. We gladly give free estimates. Call us today for your free quote. We are fully bonded and insured.

Residential Carpet Cleaning, Commercial Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Tile & Grout Cleaning, & Carpet Stretching & Repairs

Installation of Flooring