Ace Well & Pump Service

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2011

PO Box 1597

Leicester, NC 28748

Ace Well & Pump Services understands that access to water is essential to daily living. We know wells, pumps and tanks and we can help you get to the water you need. Our company has provided residential customers in the west North Carolina area with quality water well installation, replacement and repairs. With over 25 years of experience, we have established a reputation for being professional, highly skilled and providing superior service. Whether you need the drain of your well cleaned or a new well and pump, Ace Well & Pump Services can help you....

05/24/2022

Whitney B.

Ace Well and Pump is always helpful and knowledgeable, a great company for all your well pump needs.

Description of Work
Plumbing Work

05/24/2022

Sarah L.

It was a pleasure working with Ace Well & Pump! They are a team of professionals that truly care about the quality of work they provide. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Well + Pump

05/22/2020

Eric S.

I highly, highly recommend Jerry and his crew if you have ANY water well service needs. Have relied exclusively on them for about 15 years, so I'm very delinquent in leaving a review. Their work is always high quality and they understand the urgency of getting problems resolved for those of us dependent on wells for our water. Jerry is always reachable, quick to respond to messages, and he and his crew have never failed to resolve my well issues. Got an existing well and pump system when I bought the property back in 2003. In 2005 the well started supplying two cabins after which I've had periodic issues caused by freezing weather, loss of pressure due to a broken line going to abandoned remote faucet, burned out starter switch due to instantaneous demand on the well pump from one cabin and an incorrectly plumbed check valve, sediment/iron issues, and a failing pressure tank. Regardless of the issue Jerry always knows the right remedy, resolves the issue and gets me back up and running. The last item happened this week when the pressure tank issue cropped up and we discovered my treatment systems wasn't working. They quickly resolved the tank problem as it needed replacing, and we jointly believed that the control unit on the treatments system had failed as well and needed an expensive replacement. After buying the new $500 control unit and bringing it to the well, we discovered that it was only the power adapter to the unit had failed (likely due to a short or a power surge). Rather than sticking me with an expensive new unit I didn't need, Jerry returned it and got the supplier to only charge a nominal amount for a new adapter. As you all know, it's not common for a service provider to go out of their way to keep down the cost of your repairs, but Jerry did it. And perhaps the greatest endorsement is that once his crew works on something for me, they make sure it's done right and I haven't had that problem again. Thanks again for the great service and for always being there! Sincerely, Eric Schule

Description of Work
Well pump and treatment system repair

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed] thank you for allowing us to handle your well problems over the past 15 years. We truly appreciate your business. Jerry Fowler

01/19/2020

Edward M.

Great work even though we called him at night he answered his phone and was out and got us water the very next day. Jerry is great to deal with as an honest, fair, knowledgeable, well installer and repairer of pumps for us over the years. We would highly suggest him to anyone who has a water well or needs a well put in new. Fair work for fair prices for all the work he has done for us on several projects and properties.

Description of Work
Well pump repair

Category wells

Thank you for allowing Ace Well and Pump to service your water needs over the past several years. Jerry

07/16/2019

Natalie S.

Jerry always answers the phone, shows up promptly and has everything he needs for the job when he arrives. He diagnosed and replaced our pressure tank (bladder was ruptured and full of water), and the relay switch which was burned out by the constant on/off from the tank being faulty, in a few minutes. The tank he replaced it with has a good warranty, and he guarantees his work beyond that. Highly recommended for little projects and large, he and his family are very reliable and knowledgeable about his craft. They won't steer you wrong, at any price. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Replacement of pressure tank

05/13/2019

marcia S.

he did a good job, but I will not call him again-he was way overpriced

Description of Work
I called jerry to replace my kitchen faucet- should have asked beforehand how much it would be, but my fault i didnt...he charged me $400 which is way overpriced...lesson learned. next plumber I use I will get an estimate beforehand..

08/08/2018

Deborah H.

He called when he said he would, arrived earlier than he said he would and performed the work within 30 minutes. Seems like an honest man who knows his stuff. Would hire again if I need an work done on my well.

Description of Work
Pressure tank switch replaced

07/05/2018

Jennifer S.

I have an artesian well that was installed in 1993. I have had very little trouble with the well over the years but about a month ago I started having water coming up out of the top of the well head. I called a local well company immediately to have it looked at. The guy that came out said my current overflow pipe going into a reservoir might be clogged or due to all the wet weather recently the water flow might be to much for the current pipe to handle. The overflow pipe appeared to be flowing ok into the reservoir so the guy suggested I might want to install an additional overflow pipe to handle the extra water. He said it would cost approximately $1500. I had two other well companies come out and they pretty much told me the same thing. I still was not quite ready to make the investment. I checked Angie's list and sent an email out to a couple of other companies. One of the companies was a plumbing company that could do minor well work. A rep for that company came out and said all he could do would be to install a new run off line but it would be very expensive (no actual amount quoted). I finally decided to call Ace to see what he would recommend...I SO WISH I HAD CONTACTED HIM FIRST!!!! Jerry came out promptly after my call. He took the time to look at the system and test a few things to see what might be causing the problem and guess what...I did not need a new line after all! Jerry took the time to pull up the pump to see if there might be a blockage and there was....there was a few roots and grass that was blocking up the well pump causing the water to come out the top. He managed to fix my problem in just an hour or two and also charging me a lot less! I don't know why the other companies did not think to check to see if there was a problem with the pump itself. They all pretty much blamed the large amount of wet weather we have recently gotten as the culprit. Were they just trying to take me for more money and do something that would not have resolved my problem???? I want to thank Ace Well and Pump for taking the time to really check my system and do what was best for me. I will definitely recommend this business any time I can and use them again if I ever have another issue with my well. Thanks for a job well done!

Description of Work
Water leaking from the top of my well head

Category wells

Thank you. Please let us know if you need anything else. Jerry

06/08/2018

Lynn M.

Very pleased with Ace. Came out to the house quickly and fixed the problem in no time at all. Professional and very friendly!

Description of Work
Low water pressure in house

04/06/2018

Barbara C.

If you ever thought reviews were a bunch of hokum, rest assured that all these positive ones for Jerry Fowler are right on the money. He is that very rare breed these days: honest, knowledgeable, kind, patient, hard-working, and thorough. Do not hesitate to hire him. We are glad to have our water back and we are glad to have had the good fortune to deal with a man of compassion and integrity. He didn't come right away to replace our rusted-out equipment that was turning our water brown, but that was because he was helping folks who didn't have any water, whereas we did. But when he did show up (just before a snowstorm), he and his sons worked quickly and competently and within 5 hours we had our water back. And for half the price that the other guy was going to charge (which estimate included, according to Jerry, some unnecessary and potential troublesome work)!

Description of Work
replace pressure tank and well pump

Category wells

We are happy that we were able to help you and that you were pleased with our work. Thank you for using us at Ace Well & Pump Service Jerry

01/27/2018

suzanne P.

Jerry (owner of Ace Well & Pump Service) did an excellent job. You can tell he takes pride in his work and he's an expert (a great combination). He came strongly recommended - not only from Angie's List, but from local businesses. I would strongly recommend him to any of my friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Diagnosed a faulty well pump system (residential). Replaced well pump, cleaned other modules in the well system, fixed well pump housing to better protect against freezing. Provided a warranty.

01/21/2018

John C.

Jerry and his crew are true professionals. He was courteous on the phone, and he and his crew arrived when they said they would. After diagnosing the problem, he gave me a rundown of what work he felt needed to be done, and a quote for how much it would cost. Once I gave him the go-ahead, he did the work quickly and professionally. He even answered my dumb questions without making me feel dumb. Jerry's a nice guy... welcome in my home anytime. After cleaning-up and making sure that everything was working as it should, he gave me some suggestions on how to maintain the new pressure tank and switch. I recommend Ace Well & Pump Service without hesitation, and will definitely call them again if I need this kind of service.

Description of Work
My well water pressure tank was starting to fail, so I called Ace Well & Pump Service to check it out and make a recommendation.

Category wells

Please let me know if you need anything. Thank you Jerry

09/24/2017

Harvey M.

It went great! The owner was responsive, new exactly what needed to be done, fix the problem in a quick and reasonably priced man, especially on a Sunday, and without a doubt, this was the best well pump experience that I have ever had! Honest, quick, reasonable, and professional. It just does not get any better when you have an emergency.

Description of Work
We had no water from Mark community well for two days. ACE was the only company that would come out on a Sunday during our emergency and not charge an exorbitant amount of money. They showed up on time, repaired the pump, and now we have water again! I would highly recommend this company if you have any well problem. They do it all.

09/01/2017

Janet P.

Jerry is one of the most responsive contractor's I have ever met. On the initial call, Jerry tried to talk me through restarting the well pump over the phone. He called me back several times exactly when he said he would and when I was unsuccessful, he came out on a Friday evening to fix the problem. The second time I called Ace Well & Pump when my pump need replacing, Jerry promised to come the next morning. He and his sons showed up on time and spent the day replacing the pump in my 600 ft deep well. They did a great job. I have already recommended him to a family member who was also pleased with his prompt service.

Description of Work
Needed a new pressure switch and later needed a new well pump.

08/28/2017

Robert J.

Great. They dug the hole, fished out the water, got plenty dirty in the process. They quickly found the problem, fixed it up. This was on a Saturday and they were very responsive - which was great since I had no air conditioning! Really appreciate their help.

Description of Work
Broken pipe at well needed repair. They had to diagnose the problem and fix it once it was identified.

08/22/2017

KATE R.

ABSOLUTELY GREAT! THEY ARE MY ONLY GO TO FOR WELL AND WATER REPAIRS.

Description of Work
JERRY AND HIS SONS WERE GREAT! PROMPT, RELIABLE, AND VERY FAIR! THEY REPLACED OUR WATER PRESSURE TANK .

07/26/2017

Brent H.

Jerry and his team were very prompt and courteous. I contacted Jerry early on a Monday morning and he arrived promptly to evaluate the situation and had the well pump replaced and service restored by early that afternoon (the well is 605' deep). The supply company originally sent the wrong pump. Jerry and his team patiently waited for the correct replacement and didn't leave us stranded without service. Upon his recommendation I also had Jerry and his team install a pump saver device to help protect the newly installed pump. Ace Well & Pump Service took the time to make sure the work was done professionally and correctly.

Description of Work
Our well pump stopped working and needed to be replaced.

07/23/2017

marcia S.

excellent -on a scale of 1-10, they are a 20

Description of Work
tree fell on my well pump, busted the case and a couple of pipes...they came out in sweltering heat , had to dig way down and got the job done..such very nice people and am so very satisfied with their work. my next door neighbor was so impressed with ACE that he is hiring them to do some work for him

05/20/2017

Jennifer L.

Jerry was prompt and very courteous. His work was wonderful. He carefully explained everything I needed to know, He and his crew were careful, very professional and gave me some really good advice about how to care for the well. He handles everything and never once treated either my daughter or I like we were stupid women. I would recommend him to anyone with a well or a plumbing problem. He is prompt, very personable and very knowledgeable. His price was reasonable and he stands behinf his work.

Description of Work
Replacement Pump for my well

03/29/2017

Henry B.

They arrived within an hour of my call. He quickly replaced the pressure tank and took care of a couple of other issues while here. He and his two assistants were professional and polite. The price was more than fair.

Description of Work
Pressure tank replacement.

Category wells

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work for you we appreciate you

12/20/2016

Walter S.

We have had ongoing problems water pressure and sediment since drilling our well over 4 years ago. Constantly removing screens in fixtures, replacing holding tanks and washing machines. The first company we called recommended a 2 filter manual back flushing system. This would only need back flushing every 3-4 months and would fix the sediment problem. $2400 was spent. A week later we were back in the crawl space back flushing and replacing expensive filters in the new system. Called the company. "It is what it is...not our problem". We then had the largest plumbing company in Buncombe county come out and say the filtration system was fine. We needed to have our pex flushed, water heater flushed and holding tank replaced. Assured us this would fix the problem. $2000 was spent. 2 weeks later the sediment was back and so was the need to back flush every few days. We got an apology from the owner of one of Ashevilles "biggest and best" but no direction as to what else could be done. I hit Angies list and looked under well and pump service. Found Ace Well & Pump Service. Reviews were great so I figured I'd call before drilling a new well. Jerry and I talked. He knew how frustrated my wife and I were. He wanted to help us get this fixed once and for all. He came by the next day after a full day of work @ 6pm. He explained why the manual system did not work and what it would take to "properly" fix the sediment problem. 2 days later Jerry was there with his sons Brandon and Travis. Job was done on time by friendly, hard working professionals. A few days later Jerry called me! Everything still good? I said so far so good. Two weeks later got a second call from Jerry! Everything still good? Still working! It has now been 5 months. No problems AT ALL! The best call I ever made! Don't hesitate to call Jerry. You won't find a nicer guy that truly cares about his customers! Thanks again guys!

Description of Work
Sediment problem in the well water caused numerous problems with water pressure and appliances breaking.

10/11/2016

Scott K.

Jerry Fowler is a HONEST man !!! My well stopped working and I called Ace Well & Pump Service. I have used them in the past with GREAT service. Jerry came out to diagnosis the problem. At first he thought it was a burn up pump. I OKed him to install a new pump. An hour later he was finished. I thought that was a pretty quick pump replacement (400' deep). It turned out that that there was a burnt wire (at 200') and the pump did not have to be replaced. Jerry could have replaced the pump and I wouldn't have known the difference. He is an HONEST man and a pleasure to do business with. He saved me a great deal of money when he didn't have to. Thank you Jerry. You will forever be my "Well Man". I would highly recommend him to whoever needs well work !!!!!

Description of Work
Repaired broken wire to pump.

10/05/2016

Marcia S.

In the beginning things seemed good. He seemed easy to work with. Was even going to work with me on payments. I had a family death and called to postpone the installation, he was rude and said he didn't have time to fool with me.

Description of Work
I needed a whole house water filtration system installed.

Category wells

We do not have this customer in any of our records. We believe that it was another company that she was dealing with for this. We would never tell anyone that we don't have time. We rely on our customers to recommend us that is how we stay in business. The 4300 seems high - we have never charged that much for a filtration system, that is the other reason that we believe that they have us confused with someone else. If she would like to call us we will be happy to talk to her. We want to get resolved as we believe that they were dealing with another company.

09/13/2016

Jenny B.

Great! Could not have been more helpful or prompt. Explained everything. I was very impressed that they called the next day just to check in. Would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Completely replace pump, add filter and switch

Category wells

Thank you for your kind words. If you need anything else please let us know. Jerry

06/07/2016

Marilyn H.

Ace Well and Pump Service was very quick to respond to our well and pump problem. It was the well location and the very odd type of well/pump that slowed down the repair. Mr. Fowler had to go out of town to attend classes to keep his business license current. He told me that while he was in the class, he kept thinking about the very odd well we have . They arrived at around 9:30 on Tuesday, June 7, 2016 and before noon that same day we had water. They had a special truck that was made to pull pipes out of the ground and lower/install new pipes. It was very interesting to watch as they worked. The most difficult task, was simply to squeeze into the very small manhole where the well is located. They were clever and the driveway did not need to be dug up. They saved us a lot of money and a major inconvenience of having no usable driveway.

Description of Work
The first visit was to look at the well. Mr. Fowler admitted it was the strangest well he had seen in his 35 years of doing well repair. The well is located in the middle of a paved/concrete driveway. Mr. Fowler had trouble finding someone who could dig up the driveway to speed up the repair. He had to go out of town to attend a class to keep his license current. On his second visit to the worst well he had ever seen, he and Brandon figured out a way to fix it. They had to squeeze into a very tiny manhole and work about 4 feet above the well head. Their special truck was made to do this kind of work, it had a tower that pulled out the old pipes and then lowered in the new pipes. They had all the tools they needed to replace and install a new pump. In less than three hours we had water!

Category wells

Thank you for your business. If you need us again please do not hesitate to call us.

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing - Hendersonville

Benjamin Franklin Plumbing - Hendersonville has been serving the Hendersonville and Asheville area for 5 years. We promise prompt and professional service to all of our customers. “If There’s Any Delay, It’s You We Pay.®” We look forward to solving all your plumbing repair, installation and service needs. Additional phone - (866) 860-0052. Additional contact names - George Phillip Muniz, Rebecca Muniz. Additional DBAs - Legacy Inc, Gas Piping & Plumbing.

Marlin Plumbing

A plumbing business centered around customer care and built on the principle of staying small to take care of each and every customer we recieve as the years go on.

All About Plumbing & Septic

All About Plumbing & Septic is a local, family owned business, with technicians that have over 20-30 years experience, that helps you solve all of your plumbing and septic needs by providing clean, professional and friendly technicians with state-of-the-art equipment. As a company you can rely on, we complete jobs on time and offer work you can trust. We work with efficiency paired with good, old fashioned honest service. Our state-of-the-art equipment such as our video inspection camera and locator takes the guess work out of finding your problem and allows us to pinpoint the exact location of your drain problems, eliminating extra work and cost in the process. We are licensed professionals who are trained to respect you and your home. We offer 24/7 service at no extra charge. Your call will always be answered by an All About Plumbing & Septic employee and not an answering service or voicemail. We also offer free estimates and upfront pricing to avoid any unpleasant surprises when your job is completed. Don't wait until the next day to solve an immediate plumbing problem. From broken pipes to backed up drains, plumbing or septic emergencies wait for nobody. Keep a small mess from becoming a complete catastrophe by calling the experienced professionals at All About Plumbing & Septic, no matter when you need us. We are experienced in all matters involving water and drainage. There are no plumbing services that we exclude. Experienced service dedicated to your satisfaction. You can rest easy knowing you are receiving the best possible plumbing service from us. Discounts are also available to make our great prices even more affordable. Additional email- septic@allaboutplumbingnc.com

Offers by All About Plumbing & Septic on Angi

Well pumps, Filters, pressure tanks.