Sa Sloop Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1996 • With Angi since March 2009

4.3

PO Box 8145

Landis, NC 28088

Locally owned & operated. Additional email - sasloophvac@vnet.net. Additional contact names - Brenda Sloop, Jamie Karriker....

04/11/2017

Bonnie C.

Absolutely amazing. This is a company that makes you feel like family. They are willing to come out multiple times before installation just to answer your questions. The morning after install we had a minor issue with the unit and within an hour the owner was in my house assessing the situation ON A SATURDAY. That spoke measures to me. You really learn who a company is when you have an issue and they stood behind their product and work. These guys are 100% the best HVAC guys out there. Pricing was extremely reasonable. 3 years later my unit is running like a champ no issues.

Description of Work
New heating and air unit installed

09/07/2014

Kyle H.

Technician was very friendly and did not fish for upselling. Sloop has always came within a reasonable timeframe when called and even allowed me to come by his home to purchase a capacitor he had. He took time out of his Saturday to meet me and sold it to me at a very reasonable cost. They are just good country guys that are not trying to rip you off. I have several very good HVAC companies near my house but decided to stick with Sloop. The day the technician came by, he was very knowledgeable concerning new systems Trane has came out with and told me the good and bad of each. I like Trane units, it has proven to be very good units and dependable. Every unit will give you issues but regular inspection is a must if you want a reliable system, some of which I do myself but the under the house stuff I leave to the pros.

Description of Work
Replaced Parts that were worn out and looking at a replacement unit.

03/04/2014

Thomas M.

It's kept us warm even in the single digits. They're wonderful. They come out every time I call.

Description of Work
We had two central HVAC units replaced and brought up to code.

04/20/2011

Fal P.

I got them through a neighbor referral. They were nice guys but I think they didn't know what they were doing. It ended up costing me well over $1000 for a problem that I felt could have been easily solved. We called them in December and it went on till about 3 weeks in January. They charged me so much money on it. Every time they came out for a visit they would charge me a $100 service charge and they would add everything to it. It went to the point where my heating had shut off and didn't work. I guess they didn't depend on their expertise to find a solution but they depended on sensor and the heating to tell them what to do. I think that doesn't make sense. Every time they came they would say the sensor said this or that. I told them not to go with the sensor and I asked them what they would do if they didn't have the sensor. I asked them based on their knowledge and experience what they think the problem would be. They never really had an answer to my questions. It was not the owner but the technicians who came out. I don't know how much training they had but every time they came out they came out with something different and solved the problem only for a couple of hours. My dad would have to call them again and the heater was not working during the winter. It got to the point where I asked the guy to send somebody who was with the company for over 10 years. That's when Jimmy Johnson came out. He was a nice guy and he didn't give me a quote. I was putting the temperature at 75-78 degrees and I was not feeling that temperature tipping in. I had my dad call them to bring in their temperature sensor. They tried to give my dad the run around; they wouldn't even let him speak to the owner. They said they don't have a sensor and that was not true. They are working at a heating system and they not having a temperature sensor were not true. I am not a technician but I know thing like that. I didn't care from where they got a sensor but I wanted them to come out and test the temperature in all the rooms. They came out after that and somehow got a sensor. They were still not able to find a solution. They kept telling us where the temperature was and I kept thinking that because the place where the thermometer was kept was near the door and that's why it was reading a different temperature and not the whole house. The guy said shut the door so that the whole house could be warmed up; it hasn't really solved the problem. Now I am using a space heater. I spent well over $1000. Every time they would charge me $100 for a servicing regardless of what time of the day they came in and pack on everything else. I asked if they could give us a discount and they didn't work with us. That was not the real problem. When you call the office they don't let you speak with the owner to discuss matters. If you are an owner of a business I believe that you should speak to the customer and see what the solution is. If you own a company then you should some experience to know what's going on. That's just my opinion of that. To pass the job off to a little henchman or somebody is not right. They were nice people but I am not looking for nice people when I am looking at getting my stuff done. About their quality I would say it was poor because they came out at least over five times and it didn't really solve any true issues and they charged us for things that they thought would have been the problem. It solved parts of it but not the whole issue. I would say the quality is determined by the number of times you have to come out and find a solution. They were really great at responsiveness because at $100 for each visit they would be here right away. I felt like I was in a classroom, I was the guinea pig and they were student learning. Its okay when you learn these kind of internship on the job but at the same time if you are owner and you see that your technician has to come out five times, its good for your business but don't you look at the other side of the coin and think why does my technician have to go out so many times. He should think why it has not been solved and how does it look that my company has to go out five times. If he is looking at money that's one thing but if he is looking at staying in business that's another. I don't recommend anyone until I feel that they have met all my criteria. When people ask me I am kind of hesitant to refer anybody unless I actually think that this person is good enough because my reputation is on the line too. Overall I am happy with Angie's List as it does reach out to a lot of people. I have a research background and I don't look at just grade A reports I looked at if they started the business in the last 3 years or have they done the reports in the last 2 years. I don't just go through the good reviews but also the bad reviews too and that's how I really make my decision. Since I have been making such decision I have been successful except for this guy. I was out of town and since my dad was and had to use somebody and it was suggested by my neighbor. I would wish the owner would get well educated and trained technicians in the business that they are. I felt like they had no real true knowledge. When they send their technicians a couple of times and the problem is not fixed the owner should step in and take a look of what is going on in here.

Description of Work
I used the service of SA Sloop Heating and Air conditioning last year in December.

05/13/2010

LARRY V.

My husband and I were both very impressed with the professional staff from the sales person to the installation team. I actually had the chance to meet the owners as well when I visited their office. Great People with Great Products and Awesome service. I could not believe they were in and out of our house within 4 hours and there was not a sign they had been there, except for our Brand New TRANE. Very knowledgeable installation team and my new system looks great. They even took care of our old system for us. We got our first electric bill and it was $100 less. Yippee.

Description of Work
They installed an entire Heat Pump and Furnance.

03/23/2009

Richard W.

He came right up and said he would be glad to do the work. He has 24 hour emergency service. He is a really qualified guy.

Description of Work
They came and replaced the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning in my house.

Ease Air

With over 100 collective years in home service experience, there’s not a plumbing or HVAC issue our team of over 20 employees hasn’t seen. Whether it’s your home or business, our expertise will put your mind at EASE.

Get Air Done LLC

Get Air Done is a family owned company growing to meet the needs of our new and existing customers. This allows us to offer same day service every day of the week at a reasonable rate. With a maintenance agreement from our small, honest company, you can be sure your HVAC equipment will be fully operational no matter the season. As part of our maintenance agreement, we'll visit your location, check on the equipment, and clean all parts of the system. For our bi-annual agreements, we visit in the spring for the air conditioner and in the winter for the heater. Phone number's - 704-888-5888, 704-634-0421, 704-779-6480

Comfort First Heating and Cooling - Charlotte

If you want to stay cool and comfortable in Charlotte, North Carolina, then the Comfort First team is the one to call! We specialize in AC repair, maintenance, and installation to keep your family happy and healthy in the sweltering southern summers. Since 2010 our customers in Charlotte have been completely satisfied with our state of the art AC repair and maintenance!

Offers by Comfort First Heating and Cooling - Charlotte on Angi

MasterCard, American Express, Check
    $10

Home energy audit, duct cleaning, duct repair, system replacement, service all brands, preventative maintenance, load calculation & warranty repairs on most brands.

Painting, grading, chillers, large industrial cooling, boilers & steam.