Weather Master Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1977 • With Angi since June 2006

305 Village Dr

Knightdale, NC 27545

Weather Master has been servicing Wake, Durham, Granville, Chatham, and Johnston Counties in North Carolina since 1977. By providing the very best in air conditioning repair, heating repair, plumbing & air quality equipment and services, Weather Master Heating & Air Conditioning and Weather

03/12/2019

Tom L.

We’re proud to recommend Weather Master as a top notch company. From the initial sales call to the installation, quality and customer service is the standard. Dave went out of his way to answerer our questions during our decision making. Emerson and Marco installed our new HVA system and they represent the gold standard of technicians. From my perspective, it was a difficult job and 10 hours later they finished. One could tell that they were proud of their work and rightly so. We would not hesitate to recommend Weather Master to others. Of all the companies we interviewed, Dave, Emerson and Marco embody the qualities of what all companies strive for.

Description of Work
Replace HVAC system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the excellent review, [Member Name Removed]! If you need any further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

01/29/2019

Tracy R.

Wonderful! Andréw is always knowledgeable, thorough and a pleasure to deal with.

Description of Work
Contract maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the excellent review, [Member Name Removed]! We'll be sure to pass your kind words along!

01/06/2019

Tina S.

We signed a contract and paid for a 3-year maintenance agreement for this company to come out twice a year to service our systems in our home. The price for that was pretty standard. No complaints about the price. I have several complaints about the owner and the service, and I am sending a letter to the company cancelling our maintenance contract, along with a bill for services performed by another company, Raleigh Heating and Air, for services they had to perform because this company did not take care of our units as described. Spring 2017 - Hired them to do Spring maintenance and signed a reasonable contract to perform Winter and Spring maintenance for 3 years. During this maintenance, they ran bleach-water through our drip lines to kill off any mold/mildew. I know this, because the tech told us and it also killed our plants that were under the line. Winter 2017 - When trying to schedule routine winter maintenance, they would not schedule because I called too far ahead (this was September). They told me to call back around the end of October. When I called the end of October, I was told I should have called earlier, because they were booked up until the end of November. They came to do winter maintenance and told me my lines were a bit clogged, as there was water in the pan. The tech told me that I needed a switch installed to shut the unit off in the case that the pan becomes full, so the water wouldn't run out. I declined, as we had already shelled out $1200.00 for them to install UV lights in our unit to keep mold/mildew from building up in these units. (These units were only 3 years old at the time). This time, I had also placed a lawn bag securely around my drip lines so no bleach water would kill my plant roots. When I went to remove the bag, there was no water, no nothing, in the bag. So, I questioned what they had done, if my lines were supposedly clogging up, and water was in the pan, but there was no sign of them removing any of this or fixing the problem. I got my answer 5 days later. My units wouldn't come on, and we were having an exceptionally frigid winter. I called WeatherMaster and was told it would be 2-3 weeks before they could come out to see why my heater wasn't working. I informed them that was unacceptable, and asked if people under contract with them didn't have priority. I also told them that the tech had just been out. She offered no apology, no nothing. I hung up and called Raleigh Heating and Air and they were at my home within 2 hours. The Raleigh Heating and Air guy said it looked like nothing had been done. He unclogged our lines, drained the water out of the pan with a water-vac, and we paid him over $230.00 to fix the problem that should have been included in our maintenance. I called WeatherMaster to inquire as to the proper method for cancelling our maintenance agreement, as there are no terms on the contract. She said I could just cancel it. After cancelling, I got a call from the owner who was very personable and seemingly reasonable. He talked a big talk, but that is all. He told me to email him a copy of the bill and he would send a check in the mail and he asked us not to cancel. I agreed. This was around the holidays and I was extremely busy, so I emailed him the receipt several weeks later, along with a message reminding him of who I was and what the receipt was for. I also apologized for it taking me so long, but I was busy and then forgot due to the holidays. No response. Meanwhile, my husband scheduled the Spring 2018 maintenance. Spring 2018 - The tech came out, did not clean our lines, damaged our pull-down steps into our attic, and installed that switch that they had previously told us we needed. The pull-down steps were damaged because of the weight of the technician. I am a large woman, so I'm not here to judge anyone's weight, but I know the weight limit of those steps, as they are easily posted and visible. This man surpassed the weight limit, as I nearly do, and he is larger and much taller than me. Additionally, my husband said that when he went up to inspect the installation of the switch, that is was such a poorly done and sloppy job that it looked like a blind man installed it. We called them back out to fix our steps and to fix the installation, and the same man came out. He is very, very nice, but really? Okay, they were fixed, but I reminded my husband that he just paid for more service after the owner had still not reimbursed us for the Winter issue. Furthermore, once again, our lines had not been maintained, and after living in Florida for 15 years, where mold and mildew are an everyday occurrence, I know that this is a part of maintenance that should be included routinely. My husband called the owner and talked to him again and the owner said the email was in his junk folder, and he would be sending us a check. That never happened. April 2018 - I emailed the owner again with a message and copy of the $230.00 bill. No response. Winter 2018 - My husband had scheduled our routine maintenance for the third week in November. We got a call saying that they needed to reschedule. They rescheduled us for THE END OF JANUARY!!! I found this out today. Today, I am sending a letter to the owner to cancel our maintenance contract, refund us for the maintenance we have paid for and have not gotten, and to pay us for the $230.00 bill from Raleigh Heating and Air that we paid. If we do not get this, I'll be taking this man to small claims court. Period. I have no tolerance for people who take our money for service that they don't want to or can't seem to provide for us. Utterly ridiculous. This company obviously does not have the staff to take care of their customers. They will be one less after today.

Description of Work
Heat/Air Maintenance and Service

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Good afternoon [Member Name Removed] First and foremost let me apologize for your experience. This is never the way we intend for things to be. Our goal is for each family that we serve to be 100% satisfied every time. Clearly we have not met that standard in your experience. I have left a message on your mobile phone a few moments ago. Whenever it is convenient for you please give me a call and we will make sure that we do the right thing. If it is not convenient for you to call I will keep reaching out so that we can sort this out.

12/28/2018

Gene S.

Leak resolved and ready for next step in the repair process. Counseled homeowner on problems with Poly Butelyne and what could be done (pragmatically) to mitigate future leaks caused by this product. Optimal solution to the problem is to re-pipe. Proposal with varying scope of correction ls being prepared..

Description of Work
Locate and repair a water leak in the wall of a staircase.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thanks for your review, [Member Name Removed]!

12/09/2018

Ahmed O.

Not well. The don’t stand behind their work.

Description of Work
Hired Weather Master to perform annual service on my heater on October 22. Shortly afterwards, my heater stopped working. I called them to come back out. They said another service call would be charged.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], we're sorry you left our company with such a bad perception of it. Our focus is always to do what is right for the customer. We've checked our records, and we do not show we've ever serviced your address. We'd like to investigate further. Please call us at your convenience 919-266-4415 ext 117.

10/29/2018

James M.

a number of small little issues that they needed to keep coming back to fix.

Description of Work
new HVAC installation

09/10/2018

Hugh C.

After a ten day wait new coil is installed and seems to be doing its job. Technician was easy to work with and wanted to do a good job. I

Description of Work
Air conditioner not working. Need new cooling coil

05/14/2018

Sherman T.

Added 410a and checked for leaks. Unit is now cooling. Per previous recommendations, had Reggi Install Blue Tube in attic condenser and SS2 switch. Very professional service. Have been using WeatherMaster for our heating and A/C service for over 20 years.

Description of Work
A/C not cooling

05/11/2018

Michael M.

Everything went very well, no problems.

Description of Work
Service two central air system. Additional work was also done.

05/02/2018

Michelle B.

So disappointed in Weather Master. We submitted an online request at 8:00 a.m. this morning which promised a 10% discount and fast response. At 11:15, we had not heard back yet so we called and left a voicemail as no one answered the phone. Finally got a call back at 12:10 and we agreed to pay the extra charge to have someone come out right away ($150 for the service call). They said they were sending someone out and now it is almost 8:00PM, no one showed up. Have called repeatedly but no one has answered and our house is 85 degrees. We will have to sleep in the heat and try a different company tomorrow. I am really mad that I have sat in my hot house all day waiting. This is very disrespectful. They should have told us if they couldn't send someone. Will never do business with this company again. Of course, now that I see Laurie's complaint, I have gone to the BBB website and see a long history of complaints. Boo.

Description of Work
Our AC was not pumping cold air

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Good evening [Member Name Removed]. I am sorry that your experience was not a happy one with us. You will be pleased to know that for the last three years we have had a policy where we call 100% of the homes we visit to make sure that the families that we serve are 100% satisfied. We also now (for the least five years or so) have flat rate dispatching which means that we do not have weekend/holiday/overtime rates. It has been so many years since we stumbled so badly with you. If you would call me directly I would be happy to chat with you about our "welcome home" program.

04/17/2018

Michael F.

We purchased a John Wieland home brand new. Weathermast installed the HCAV in our home and, when a motor burned out in our outside compressor, we called weathermaster for replacement. The outside unit was still under warranty from JW Homes but they were not open on a weekend and with previous issues we were instructed to call the business who installed the item anyway. I did this with weathermaster but they told me it would cost $400 to replace the motor or I could wait (very hot during the summer) and call JW homes on Monday. In addition to taking advantage of me needing my AC fixed over the weekend, the install from WeatherMaster was pretty poor. My master bedroom is cold like a refrigerator but the bedrooms on the other side of the house are hot and humid. Others in this neighborhood also have issues with weathermaster installed central air.

Description of Work
Compressor motor replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Good afternoon [Member Name Removed]. We are sorry that you feel that we were unsympathetic to your situation back in June of 2010. Because you had been in your home since September of 2007 we had to check with John Wieland Homes to confirm the warranty since it was their warranty. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. For several years we have had a policy of calling every homeowner that we serve within a week of the service date to try to avoid misunderstandings such as this.

04/17/2018

William B.

Everyone from the the initial estimator to the installation team to the maintenance process was done well. They each understood what needed to be done and did their work well.

Description of Work
new Heat and Air system installed and maintained

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed]!

John L.

They spent more time trying to sell me more stuff than doing service to existing stuff.

Description of Work
hvac service

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi [Member Name Removed], thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We strive to provide each customer with an exceptional service experience, we apologize that you didn't receive that. If you would like to speak to us further to express your concerns, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Give us a call at your convenience.

Donn R.

First call they came right away, fixed the problem and signed us up for a service contract. Second call - they never came, and it was hot! Too busy. They did refund my service contract, though.

Description of Work
Two separate calls to repair A/C.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed]. If you would like to express any concerns further please give us a call.

James M.

Not well. Will never use this company again. Incompetent.

Description of Work
Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], we're sorry to hear you feel this way. If you would like to speak to us further to express your concerns, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Call us at your convenience.

Gail T.

It was a nightmare! The upstairs unit was hooked up to the old LP tank instead of the new natural gas lines. I have more recently discovered that they installed old equipment instead of new. It has been several years but they will never step foot in this house again.

Description of Work
New HVAC systems and the Mr. Plumber part of the business installed a tank-less water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

[Member Name Removed], we're sorry you left our company with such a bad perception of it. Our focus is always to do what is right for the customer. If you would like to speak to us further to express your concerns, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Call us at your convenience.

Michael M.

Arrived when they said they were, completed the work when they said they were. No problems, good company to do business with.

Description of Work
Replace heating and cooling system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the compliments, we appreciate it!

Tracy W.

I will preface this by saying I used them years ago. I'm not sure why I was tagged to review them now. I haven't use them since and will likely never use them again, but since this was quite a while ago, they may have cleaned up their business practices based on lessons learned. They used scare tactics to try and get me to buy a new HVAC unit. They told me it was leaking carbon monoxide even though my carbon monoxide detectors weren't going off (at all). I even have the type that shows the level of carbon monoxide which has always registered zero. I told them I needed multiple quotes before I would jump into buying a new unit. When I pursed the additional quotes, they didn't find any leaks. I got 2 more years out of the unit and when it did fail, it wasn't because of carbon monoxide leaks; the capacitor caught fire. I had another plumbing experience with Weather Master that left me feeling financially raped. They wanted to charge me $650 for a job that required a $15 part and, at most, 45 minutes of labor (it was probably closer to 30 minutes). We had a broken flange and had even done some of the work ourselves by completely removing the toilet before they even showed up (so a vast amount of the labor was already done). While I negotiated it down from $650, I still WAY OVERPAID for the service I received. I vowed to never use them again for ANYTHING! On the positive side, the quality of the repair has been good; I haven't had any leaks since it was fixed.

Description of Work
Annual Maintenance on HVAC Also included some notes on using them for a plumbing repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

[Member Name Removed], we're sorry you left our company with such a bad perception of it after your annual HVAC maintenance. Our focus is always to do what is right for the customer. If you would like to speak to us further to express your concerns, we would be more than happy to speak with you. Call us at your convenience.

04/14/2018

William M.

Called on emergency service call, 15 degree's and no heat. I set it up through Home Depot & put it on my card. Quick response & service, good pricing tho we weren't in a position to shop around.

Description of Work
Replaced HVAC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed]!

Taryn C.

Mr. Wood did an excellent job!! I was on my way out of town. He didn’t rush but he did the job in a timely manner! I would certainly hire them again!!

Description of Work
A/C leak in the attic

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review! We look forward to helping you with any future heating and cooling needs!

Hugh K.

Service Tech found a clogged condensate line. Cleaned the drain pan condensate line, allowing the condensate to drain to the outside, allowing the drain pan level switch to run the AC unit.

Description of Work
Clean a clogged condensate line.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review of your clogged condensate line service call. We appreciate it!

Steven D.

I just got an email asking for a review of them from Angie's list because they said they performed work for me. Boy did they ever. I last used them a few years back and never will again. I didn't even finish out the prepaid maintenance contract. As part of the multi-year plan that I paid for, I had them come back for the free yearly cleaning. This was in June or July timeframe about 4 or 5 years ago. During the "free" cleaning, the technician said that my upstairs ac, which was working fine before he got there, wasn't working and needed troubleshooting and repair. He quoted me a cost of around $300 to troubleshoot the issue, and repair costs would go up from there. I complained that the system was working fine before he got there, and he mentioned that the cleaning might have brought forward an existing issue and there was nothing he could do unless I paid the $300 for troubleshooting. I declined, and I had to go without AC for a few days in the bedrooms upstairs. I purchased a groupon for $45 visit from another company (I wished I remembered that other company, because the tech was awesome and thorough), and the tech found and fixed the issue within 5 minutes. The tech found, that the blower motor wire to the upstairs blower was manually disconnected. Never again will I ever hire or recommend Weather Master Heating & Air Conditioning.

Description of Work
Heating and A/C yearly maintenance plan

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Good morning [Member Name Removed], we're sorry to hear that you had a bad experience during your annual heating and a/c maintenance work. We are committed to doing whatever it takes to deliver great service to our customers and would like to see if there is anything we can do to remedy the situation for you. Please let us know a time that we can call you or if you prefer you can reach out to use at your earliest convenience 919-266-4415 ext.117. Thank you.

John L.

Spent too much time trying to sell me other services

Description of Work
hvac service

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your honest feedback. We take all feedback into consideration. If you have any other concerns don't hesitate to reach out to use at 919-266-4415 ext. 117.

Gail T.

It was a nightmare. In the summer of 2012 we purchased two HVAC systems and a tank-less water heater. In Nov. 2013 we found that they installed one of the systems improperly. The new natural gas furnace was hooked up to the old LP tank. The LP was reserved to run the gas logs only. The furnace never ran properly and another company noticed that it was hooked to the wrong source. It was replaced but they installed old systems. We had another company do the annual maintenance we discovered that the systems were several years older than the date of installation. I will never let them step foot in this house again. The water heater needed to be inspected 3 times before they got it right. I still have the re-inspection forms

Description of Work
New HVAC for both levels of the house, new tankless water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

[Member Name Removed], thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are sorry that the service you received did not meet your expectations. Please let us know a convenient time for us to call you. We would like to see if there is anything we can do to remedy the situation.

Tim E.

Work was done well price seemed little high based on check around afterwards

Description of Work
Maintenance on HVAC system and some repairs

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your feedback and taking the time to leave this review. We certainly appreciate it!