Bridgeport Restoration Services

Founded 1985 • With Angi since June 2007

742 Park Lawn Ct

Kernersville, NC 27284

We are a 24 hour emergency response company for fire, water, and smoke damage restoration. We are a locally owned company that has been in business for 25 years. We work directly with insurance companies and private companies and people alike. Having an array of restoration services under one roof, Bridgeport Restoration fills a variety of needs. Our IICRC certified technicians and accredited mold remediation technicians have years of experience in their areas of expertise....

05/31/2017

Randy H.

I recommend these companies as we are in a business. I used them to go in and deal with a problem when I have a client that has a problem. They dealt with some water damage on vinyl. I would give them an A rating all the way though. I would use them again.

Description of Work
water damage

04/10/2017

Whit M.

HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE.....nobody could even begin to try and understand how an alleged,well seasoned(20+ yrs experience), knowledgable company could " complete a job" and leave the house as it was for the homeowners to return with no further work needed. I will attempt to explain the most important issues below( as sharing ALL the disastrous issues would take 20 pages) - Personal belongings/furniture: No belongings( from clothing to kitchen items to furniture to highly personal and important paper documents) were itemized from day 1..... The crew LITERALLY showed up at 930 a.m and began throwing anything in their sight into large clear plastic bags with no logistics or organization. Items from the kitchen, dining room, living room and bathroom began being bagged together unaccounted for and taken out to their truck within a few minutes.... I mean they can barging through the door with no plan but just started going to town starting the job off first by getting all items out of the house into a pod that was brought to our property. Needless to say...... As weaved back into our house NOTHING was in it's proper place, 50+ boxes still packed in attics, countless items "lost", 50% of belonging damaged and 75% of clothing ruined. No clothing was put back into closets but rather just left anywhere they could find an open floor, table or bed..... Nothing on hangers and dry clean only items ruined..... Suites shoved into bags and prom dresses, evening gowns and cocktail dresses were tangled into a big ball at the bottom of the bags. All drawers upstairs were empty with the items to be nowhere in sight. Broken cameras were separated from the working ones( which was extremely too intrusive to our privacy but we wanted to trust them) just as an example of what they were doing with a lot of their time on the clock. Bose speakers, Apple tvs, cell phones, tools, antiques and jewelry( just to name a few) are still missing.... - Insulation: the crew ripped 75% of it out which should have been 100% due to all the burnt fumed, black char and fiberglass continuing to stick into the insulation and recirculate through house when a/c or heat runs. The boss-Carol- lets us know via phone while weere living in a hotel for weeks that all the attics had the blown insulation in( which we specifically requested no sheet insulation with fiberglass he put back in) but she didn't think we needed to put any back in the basement..... Seriously...... She really meant it and you guessed it....... Upon our return home not only was the basment lacking insulation of any type but there were NONE in the attics...... At this point in the restoration Carol began getting very unprofessional and the lies began to show..... When we asked what happened and why didn't she tell us it was installed in the attics she said we were crazy, the convo never happened and hung up on us with no resolution.... We are almost 2 months out from the first day of work and still without insulation on 3 of 4 stories. Duct work: Carol said she doesn't believe in cleaning ducts and from her experience it doesn't work so replacing th is really the only realistic option for a good outcome. We trusted her and allowed her to contract out the additional companies needed to complete the renovation and thought we were in good hands..... Upon returning home my other went to the bathroom and to her surprise looking down the vent and saw dirt... I mean the ground.... They forgot the duct althogether for that room. The workmanship was terrible and found out only AFTER a guy (in an unmarked van) came to fix the duct that the " company" Carol hired to complete to duct work was her friend!!!!!!!! She lied to us from the get go and told us the name of a company and the guys name who was working on it...... All lies!!!!! If that isn't bad enough when we turned the furnace on, it was blowing chunks of what looked like blacked insulation and a blackish haze that would not stop. By the 2nd day the house was a stranglehold for the lungs again.... We notified Carol but it did not seem like a timely matter to her..... I guess she didn't want us to figure out her friend put it in...... Carpet cleaning: short and sweet.... Claimed they attempted to clean it 3 times and was dirtier than when we left... Once again no other company was contracted out to complete the work; her employees attempted a job they are unqualified to complete ...... Still waiting on new carpet which means all the upstairs furniture will have to be moved again which we asked carol to please just move the beds in but leave all other furniture out so it won't be so **** ** the furniture and the workers..... Of course that didn't happen As I have barely scratched the surface of the issues the above lengthy summary of the big jobs have been explained in detail to save the next person a heartache..... The are an emergency mitigation company under Allstate.... Nothing else..... All other jobs are to be discussed and a separate contract be confirmed by the customer and Bridgeport or the homeowner has the freedom the hire whoever and whatever company to complete any other job after the emergency mutation is finished..... Which normally is not lengthy or a meticulous job.... Bridgeport never disclosed this to us and mislead us into believing all the work had to be started and finished by her company in order for our insurance to pay for the extensive work but ironically she was not qualified to do half the work the was necessary in order to truly restorate our house back to a healthy and habitable place. Instead, we are stuck here 3 times worse than when we started. Basement was never cleaned so stil drawing the black char through the house, duct work was done improperly and blowing black particles when air comes through, clothes are in between the linens and shower curtain folded o the dining room table... Not to mention clothes that were packed to he saved from 1950-1990's of m parents were washed and thrown in the mix...... She just imagine..... Oh and all our stuff got to sit outside all day with all the allergens and pollen..... So we had to sleep in the den for weeks until we could get the beds cleaned off to put new bedding on mattress that is oh.... Yeah torn now..... Anyway please do not ever allow this company to step foot in your house. Smooth talker but if it is a job that requires some level of skill or could affect your health..... Go somewhere else..... I mean jus food for thought... Our insurance adjuster wanted us to go with this company so we went along with the recommendation and wanted things to go smoothly..... Carol comes out to get samples of carpet to take to lab or textiles company to confirm exactly what to use to clean and learn exactly what types of particles are we dealing with..... Well that never happened... She said it was too expensive but went along cleaning an unknown substance...... Allstate now is getting a REAL restoration company to finally clean our house properly.... Not by lies on the fly

Description of Work
Entire home restoration due to improper ventilation from propane hot water heater resulting in carbon monoxide poisoning and black charring throughout 4 stories of the house. Literally everything needed to be cleaned and/or replaced

Category carpet cleaners, hardwood floor, insulation, upholstery cleaning, water damage restoration

02/18/2016

Carol C.

Description of Work
Repaired drywall and base board after washing machine leak. They were on time and did quality work. I would definitely use them again. Work was done at my son's house.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, water damage restoration, interior painters

11/02/2015

Linda M.

We responded to their quote, asking for information on when they could start and how long the job would take. We have yet to receive a response. We are now looking at other companies. It's a shame - the representative seemed very knowledgeable and we were looking forward to having them take care of our problem. No service was performed.

Description of Work
We removed a wall after having a water leak in our basement, and there was significant mold. We called Bridgeport, and the representative came when scheduled to inspect and come up with an estimate. He was very professional and seemed to understand what was needed. We received an estimate by email several days later after having to call them twice. The price was significant but not unexpected, and it seemed to cover everything needed to safely remove the mold.

Category water damage restoration, mold removal

09/04/2015

Leslie G.

Description of Work
Bridgeport Restoration is truly an honest, professional company. They came out to help me identify a musty odor coming from a bedroom window. Because there was no evidence of mold anywhere (wall, floor, window) they suggested that first we try a mold killer on the window sill to see if that corrected the problem. So far, so good. I appreciate their honesty. I will definitely call them again if need be because I know they are only going to fix what needs to be fixed. Trust them!!

Category water damage restoration, air duct cleaning, interior painters

Removed mbr info, Thank you for your time and your honesty we pride our self on finding what is best for home owners and helping them with their needs. I am so happy that the anit-microbial is working and there was no need to do a full remediation. Call us if you need anything we are always more than happy to help.

03/13/2015

Joseph W.

Had a minor leak from upstairs that worked its way down to the kitchen ceiling, right before Thanksgiving visitors were to arrive the next week Gave us a good estimate better than some other local repairmen. The repairman made the sheet rock repair, cleaned up, and gave us his number should any problems come up. I sprayed the popcorn back to replace the old. Can hardly tell the difference. Great job.

Description of Work
Repaired the kitchen ceiling in a 3x3 area - water damage from upstairs leak.

Category drywall, water damage restoration

12/11/2014

Shirley A B.

We have an uncommon type of metal roof, and there were some delays and problems with subcontractors. However, Bridgeport resolved everything to our satisfaction. The work they performed was done very well.

Description of Work
Repaired damaged roof, gutters, and balcony covering after tree fell on our roof.

01/06/2014

linda N.

We settled on a price. I called and emailed and asked them to call me to set up a date. That was the last I heard from them. After a few weeks, I started calling around for other estimates and have now settled on someone else to do the work. They were very professional and good to work with at first - not sure why there was the drop off.

Description of Work
Came out for estimate. Suggested have roofer fix part and met roofer at the house (after completely missing/forgetting about one appt). Bridgeport never did the work.

12/01/2013

Wayne B.

They were responsible for all sub-contractors, such as the wood flooring company and plumbers. They were very professional and responsive and proactive about things that needed to be done. Overall, a very good experience.

Description of Work
Bridgeport restored our floors after a water leak in the kitchen and dining room.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, water damage restoration

06/13/2013

Charles F.

When I realized that I had to get my air conditioning ducts cleaned out because they were filled with drywall dust (and the house is almost 20 years old and felt like it would be a good time to do it), I was shocked at the prices I found for doing this. Most places charged 600.00 or more.Bridgeport's price was EXTREMELY reasonable (I also used an Angie's List coupon for 20% off and they were happy to honor that). They were excellent. Two professionals came in with their cleaning equipment at exactly the time they had scheduled to come, and completed the job within 3 hours. Thy were extremely thorough, but they didn't take all day and didn't make a mess. They were extremely professional, but very friendly and gave me some advice on how to maintain a clean air conditioning system. I would highly recommend Bridgeport Restoration Services for any home restoration or cleaning.

Description of Work
Cleaned out all of the air conditioning ducts in our home. Sprayed ducts with a microbial foam.

Category water damage restoration, air duct cleaning

12/14/2012

Victoria R.

Description of Work
I worked with Bridgeport Restoration on the recommendation of my insurance company after an ice maker line leak. It was amazing to me that such a small water line could cause so much water damage. I was impressed with Bridgeport's fast response time, careful documentation(including photos) and professionalism on site. Every employee and worker who was in my home was articulate/careful and did excellent work. I was informed of the steps needed and time frame involved on the restoration. I could always reach Carol,the owner,with any questions. I felt comfortable with the crew having access to my home even when I was not there. I would recommend this company unconditionally.I have no ties to the company and went solely on the recommendation of my insurance company(and am glad that I decided to do so). They are also a locally-run company which keeps the work here in our community

Category drywall, water damage restoration, interior painters

09/17/2012

cecelia S.

great see above for details

Description of Work
two friendly gentlemen came and were actually early proceeded to take apart ducts and clean with a large vacuum cleaned up most of the dust bunnies that fell, then spayed a microbial into intake air ducts and ran fan we then closed up the house and left for 3 hours. very pleased with the service and price.

Category air duct cleaning

05/08/2012

Eric T.

I hope I don’t have to, but I would use them again.

Description of Work
We had a leak and we had to use a restoration company. We used Bridgeport Restoration Services about seven months ago. The insurance handled the costs.

05/04/2010

JEANETTE E.

I will hire them again. They were very professional and very good. The pricing was excellent.

Description of Work
I used Bridgeport Restoration Services for carpet cleaning.

Category carpet cleaners

06/18/2007

EMILIO B.

We have always had our rugs cleaned by this company. They're very good and get the work done quickly. There has never been a problem in any form with them. The fact that they pick the rugs up and bring them back for a small fee is very convenient for us. We recommend them highly.

Description of Work
They cleaned our 3 oriental rugs. One of the rugs was 12' x 15' and the other two were about 8' x 10'. They came and picked up the rugs and brought them back.

Category carpet cleaners