Hawk Construction Inc

Founded 2005 • With Angi since March 2012

4.4

1006 Kwanzan Ct

Indian Trail, NC 28079

General Contractors NC/SC, Real Estate Brokers NC/SC. REALTORS, Property Management. Offering complete Design/Build services or build part of your project. Handyman Division for smaller jobs, Management and maintenance of investor rental properties, Real Estate buy/sell services. Licensed Residential, Commercial and Industrial....

01/13/2018

Belinda T.

Mostly, my complaint is with the contractor's rude attitude. Mistakes were made, such as hole in the ceiling because of his guy stepped on a pipe upstair, new floor scratched because of transporting a tub, carpet accidentally ripped so I had to replace the flooring for a whole bedroom eventhough I had no intention (extra expenses for me for the floor), guest toilet tank cracked, etc. Sure, the contractor made the necessary repairs, but he did not say sorry at all. I brushed it off. Another attitude problem: If you say something that he disagrees, expect a full page of lecture, sometimes with all caption, like: YOU... and NOT! First impression with him was I was asking would it be possible for him to come take a look and give a quote on a weekend since that was the only time I could without having to take some time off from work? His reply was one full page long, i kid you not, lecturing me how he is a deacon at a church, a husband, a father, and has to help with his daughter's homework etc etc. A simple "no" would suffice. I brushed this off, too, thinking that maybe this contractor was a senior, but apparently he wasn't. Also, if he texted you something and you forgot what it was, and you're texting with him, so you figure why don't I ask him now, his reply will be: "Look at my text several days ago" instead of just answer it in one word, like at 5 pm or whatnot. If you're too involved, like telling: after this, can you do this? His answer will be like: Yes, we know! We do this for a living! So, I took that in mind. And, one time the corner wall was obviously patched up very wavy, and I didn't tell him mid day because I thought they'd get to it later before they wrapped up for the day. Then, the day ended and his guys went home. I checked and it was not done. I texted him and he said: why didn't you tell them?? Well, I thought you said your guys are a pro and a pro would definitely notice that! My last straw with him was after a couple of months, the kitchen ceiling downstair was leaking. His guy came and found out that the leak was from an old corroded pipe that they didn't handle. True, but the leaking corroded pipe is right next to (hand in hand with) the new pipe that they replaced for the full gut bathroom renovation. The bathroom was full gutted: floor, wall, and ceiling. He didn't care to mention about the corroded pipe to me? His answers are: - the plumber didn't see it (Well, to change the new pipe, you would have to handle the corroded pipe), - it's not corroded, it's just a discoloration - nobody would care to mention it because you don't fix what's not broken. You wait until it breaks THEN you fix it. So, when the upstair bathroom floor was fully opened, I should not replace the corroded pipe. Wait until it leaks, then just put a hole on the kitchen ceiling downstair?? This made no sense to me. I found a new plumber (a nice guy, heaven sent) said all it needed was a little cleaning on the pipe (I believe it was called 'Flux'), and the leak would not happen. And he also said that he should just clean the pipe, and he definitely saw that corroded pipe. The bathroom renovation journey was very frustrating with Hawk. Had i found 2 bad reviews from other people who called him rude and obnoxious, I would think twice before I hired him. Most of his guys or subcontractors that he used, like the one who accidentaly ripped out my carpet are in fact really nice. I like them eventhough they made mistakes. It's just that the contractor is the one you deal with... on a daily basis.. for 2 months......@@

Description of Work
Full renovation/ full gut master bathroom

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, picture framing, glass repair, hardwood floor, insulation, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, water damage restoration, window treatments, home remodeling, interior painters

05/15/2017

Tarjani P.

While the quality is good and I love my final product, getting here was a huge pain, and incredibly expensive. I did not have a clear cut plan of when someone would arrive, what date work would start on, what materials I needed to get or provide opinions on, water would turn on and off without my knowledge, and I didn't always know who would be in my house working on the bathroom. I would push for a project plan of some sort before you choose this contractor. Again, quality is good, but the couple months it took sure was stressful.

Description of Work
Basement bathroom remodel and wetbar installation

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops, drywall, hardwood floor, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling

08/30/2016

Jason R.

Highly recommended! Over the past 6 months, Geoff and his team have solved many home-related problems for me. He has successfully repaired two roof leaks, holes in my soffit vents, built a new custom door for my crawl space to replace a dilapidated one, and done a full bath remodel. Geoff seems willing to tackle any task. Visit his facebook page, and you will see everything from electronic awning installs to historic home renovations. Geoff is extremely customer-centric and cares that his customers are satisfied. He made every effort to ensure I was happy with the final outcome of a bath remodel in a tight, attic dormer space. He is very transparent with pricing and costs and very reasonable. He is very enthusiastic about his work. You can tell he likes building. Lastly, I really appreciate that Geoff does things the right way and with integrity. It's great that he orders required permits and inspections.

Description of Work
Roof repair, soffit vent repair, custom crawl space door, and bathroom remodel.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, lighting, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

03/22/2016

Linda P.

Geoff was so wonderful he came over and we talked it over, I wanted to add another counter top and add upper and lower cabinets. Geoff was afraid my cuboards would be discontinued so he kept searching and found the exact match. I added a few things like redoing the back splash and lighting. The bathroom was a complete remodel including painting and new floor Geoff and his team were the best to work with and I will be using him in the future.

Description of Work
I added kitchen cabinets next to my stove along with granite counter top. Did a complete remodel of my shower and bath.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, lighting, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

03/22/2016

Jason R.

It went really well. I really enjoyed working with Geoff and Robert. They got the job done, and they did it right.

Description of Work
Drywall and baseboard repair. Painting and installed a light fixture.

Category drywall, lighting, home remodeling, interior painters

02/12/2015

Rita W.

They did an excellent job. When they ran into problems they worked really hard to work through it. In one instant they truly went above and beyond where most compiles would no have. The owner is very hands on and approachable.

Description of Work
I used the services of Hawk Construction Inc. Total renovation of the master bedroom bath.

Category home remodeling

[member name removed] is a gem of a person. Our prices never changed for labor from our initial quote. Customer material selections (cabinets, granite, faucets, tile, sinks...) tooks many months and were more costly that I think she expected. We do not make a profit on material. A flood, fire and smoke service came in before us and left the plumbing under the house a mess. We put it back together for no additional charge. We do apx 50 bathroom remodels per year and the avg cost for labor and materials is usually around $10,000. There can be a lot of expensive components involved in a bathroom remodel. Materials for frameless shower doors, cabinets, granite/quartz, undermount sinks, tile showers and bathroom floors, tubs, faucets for sinks and shower and tubs.... all add up. I have done $5000 bathroom renovations and I have done $30,000 bathroom renovations. Really the cost is determined by what the customer tells us they want.

06/20/2014

Alan J.

My experience with them was excellent and I am getting ready to call them again to do another job.

Description of Work
Hawk Construction Inc. totally re-gutted and renovated our kitchen, put in new hardwood floors throughout the entire first floor as well as new kitchen cabinets, granite countertops, put in new appliance for us, and new lighting.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, hardwood floor, lighting, home remodeling

04/22/2014

BILLIE ANITA J.

A response would have been appreciated.

Description of Work
They would not return my call.

Category home remodeling

Dear [member name removed]. I was contacted by Sarah at Angies List on 6-16-2014. She informed me that there was a negative review associated to my Angies List account. This news comes as a surprise to me since we have never had anything but the best reviews and we are a highly reputable and respected company in the Charlotte area. I checked my email and voice mails and I cannot find a record of a missed communication from a Billie Anita Jones. If you would please email me directly at hawkconstructioninc@gmail.com I will ensure that I contact you personally. I apologize for the confusion it would never be our intention to not return someones inquiry. All our business is referral, repeat and word of mouth customers. I hope I can speak with and make this issue right. Regards.

04/18/2013

Karen M.

Our experience with them was good. We bought a lot of stuff on our own. The gentleman who did the work was very meticulous and did a great job. He was very clean. I would suggest other to get everything in writing beforehand. They did a nice, clean and neat job.

Description of Work
Hawk Construction Inc remodeled a bathroom for us. He did the floor and tile.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

02/20/2013

Jeffrey R.

Very professional, the work was high quality, it was overseen by the owner (day-to-day operation) and they did the project just as it was outlined.

Description of Work
They finished a major construction project for me. I had a two story family room and the were able to turn the upstairs into that bedroom and a bathroom. We went from a 4 bedroom to a 5 bedroom.

Category remodeling

03/16/2012

Alan J.

He is a general contractor. It came out great. He was definitely reasonable on the work, because they were certainly others that were more expensive. I think we were pleased with everything, because we went to another company, and he was definitely cheaper than that. We would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
We used Hawk Construction Inc. The owner's name is Geoff Hawk, and he re-hauled our kitchen. We had everything take out of our kitchen.

Carolina United Realty & Property Management

Residential and Commercial Property Management. Carolina United Realty & Property Management is very proud of our high-tech website that offers a tenant screening process ( credit check / criminal history / background check / national eviction database search ) and the site includes options for the tenants to pay their rents online and is capable of direct deposit to the property owners. We proudly manage 600 homes from the Fort Mill / York, SC area up to Lake Norman, NC and all points between. Visit the site at www.CarolinaUnitedRealty.com and contact us anytime .

Beth Smith Shuey Team/ Keller Williams Southpark

Professional and personal residential real estate sales, representing both sellers and buyers. Named Keller Williams Realty's #1 Team in North and South Carolina in 2014, 2016 and 2017, and consistently in the top 10, Beth Smith Shuey has been a top Realtor since 1997 and is a Charlotte native. Beth assures you that you will be well taken care of throughout the entire process by leveraging her behind the scenes team to make sure nothing falls through the cracks, while she stays at the front of the transaction the entire time. We work with a professional photographer, measurer, closing coordinator, and professional stagers to make sure that your home is marketed at the highest level, and that you are always confident that we are always working in your best interests. Our business is 90% referral based and our goal is to give you the highest level of service so that you will in turn refer us to your friends. We would love the opportunity to help you buy, sell or invest in your next home.

DIVINE LIGHTSCAPES

Divine Lightscapes uses, lifetime warranty BRASS products & Long Lasting LED's bulbs. Sign up today for a FREE DEMONSTRATION and see you home in a new light. Ask about our Angie's List Discount !!! Cell 704-749-4949

Offers by DIVINE LIGHTSCAPES on Angi

General Remodeling

All building and construction services. Real estate. Property manangement. Home design, decorating and staging. Custom Homes, Handyman, Light Commercial and Office.

Roads, Bridges, Heavy Commercial.