Schleter Painting & Drywall LTD.

Founded 1995 • With Angi since January 2010

109 Holly Park Dr.

Holly Springs, NC 27540

Schleter Painting & Drywall LTD is a top tier contractor, having been awarded 5 consecutive Angie's List Super Service Awards! We provide services to your home's improvement involving painting interior & exterior, staining, varnishing, all types of textures, repairs to drywall and plaster, skim coating rough or damaged surfaces, restoring water damage, drywall hang, tape, and sand. I have over 20 years of experience in my trade, and our crew also averages 20 years of experience...you can trust our craftsmanship. My history is in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area, and have brought my skills to the RDU area. Thanks for considering us, Mike Schleter. We are insured to $1,000,000, bonded, registered with the state of NC as an S-corporation. There is no charge for estimates, and they are provided to you immediately. Our website has reference info and more about us- schleterpainting.com . Thank you! Mike Schleter...

04/02/2020

Kevin O.

I had multiple areas of my house that required drywall repair. Six holes in the basement ceiling where we ran new electrical wiring, tape delamination in three rooms, and a ceiling where we had water damage from a plumbing issue. Michael and his team provided the best quote and gave us unparalleled service. They arrived on time and worked very efficiently. I would definitely call them for any additional drywall work!

Description of Work
Drywall repair

12/12/2019

Ellen W.

They never replied to my request for a quote

Description of Work
Interior Painting

05/16/2019

Crystal H.

Mike Schleter and his team, Chris, Russell and Keith were phenomenal. They were neat, clean and respectful of my home. All floors, furniture, and other areas were well prepared and protected prior to painting. They cleaned up and swept at the end of each day. When an area of concern came up, Mike took the time to explain all of the available options before moving forward. I would utilize his services in the future and recommend him to family and friends. Thank you.

Description of Work
Living room, dining room, kitchen and guest bathroom

03/16/2019

Chloe M.

Mike was a pleasure to deal with. He followed through on every scope of the project. We needed major drywall repairs on the cathedral ceilings in our kitchen and living room, plus we wanted the ceilings, trim, and walls in our 2800 sq ft home painted. Mike’s crew did a wonderful job over a 7.5 day process, and required only a few followup corrections to make the project meet our expectations. Mike’s costs will be higher than the cookie cutter franchise painting companies, but the experience and results will be worth it.

Description of Work
Paint walls, trim, and ceilings of entire house

12/26/2018

Rhonda G.

Great job. He charged $150 less since it didn't take him as long to paint back garage patio. (this work was done Oct 2017.....never did a review and my membership expired. Joined Angie's list again and wanted to give Schleter painting a A, job well done!!!)

Description of Work
Paint back garage patio, scrape, prime and paint pergala, and paint and repair wall in garage attached to house.

Category drywall, house painters

09/20/2018

Tom F.

Great Finished on time Neat and clean Looks great

Description of Work
Repair and paint interior dry wall Wash and paint exterior house

Category drywall, house painters, interior painters

08/09/2018

Hillel A.

Only good when he was being watched. When I was not there, the work reflected it. Areas were missed, others had extraneous paint (different color), paint around an attic hatch not scored, etc. This happened despite having a helper with him. According to my wife, they were in and out of the house very quickly. After seeing the work, we decided to withhold money. Mike offered to come by and address the issues, but we felt that since this was his first job with us and that it was a small one, we should have never had these problems to begin with. What got our goat was a recent energy audit that targeted the attic hatch for energy loss despite it being insulated with 4 layers of rigid foam. The problem: only the visible portion of the trim to that hatch was caulked (the rest was untouched). Would he have caught it upon return? I don't know, but we didn't catch it until the audit was done and years of needless cost. Had I known the true extent of the issues, we would've gone with someone else.

Description of Work
sparkle/dry wall around sky light, painting and caulking throughout home

Category drywall, interior painters

This was a relatively small project that we did almost 4 years ago. The client unfortunately had severe allergies, and we agreed to use his special non toxic drywall mud, caulking, and paint. He also vacated the premises to live in a hotel while we did the work over 3 days in late 2014. He made it clear he could not be at his house while the work was going on, I believe this is why he had trouble scheduling us to do the minor adjustments to the job.There was a miscommunication on some caulking that needed to be done. I had of course agreed to come back and do this, but after two requests, which I have email copies of, he did not respond with a date that we could finish this up for him. This is the first time I've heard from him since Feburary 2015.

07/23/2018

Colleen S.

Hired Mike to paint the interior of my house, he sent his guys the 1st day, they did not cover my floors or furniture. His guys spent more time in the van than in my house prepping and the time that they were in my house was spent talking and bragging how good the setup at my neighbors house was. I brought all this to Mike's attention and he kept making excuses for them and didn't even come by the house to see what they did/didn't do and when I fired him he charged me what it would cost to paint the room for trim painting. He needs to hire professionals and also let customers know up front that it will not be him doing the work.

Description of Work
Interior house painting

Category interior painters

This definitely does not warrant an F rating. She decided not to proceed for reasons beyond our quality of work and professionalism. She had concerns about taking time off of work so she could supervise us as we were working in her house. She was also nervous about how the work was going to progress room by room and what she had to move, it seemed to intimidate her. She said she had not hired a contractor paint her house since she was there for 15 years. She stated this before and after our work. I could not convince her that the process would be smooth and we would have it under control, and that how I have been doing this for 30 years. There was never a complaint about the quality of work. I only charged her 3 hours of labor for the short afternoon (we spent 5-6 hours between the two of us)we were there. We were already working at her next door neighbor's, who referred her to us and we were working on her house at the time. I would never advertise that it would be always me working on a job, especially one of the large size that her project would have been. I'm sorry that for some reason she got off on the wrong foot with us and and never gave us a chance to continue.

06/20/2018

Peter A.

The job went very well. Mike and his team conducted themselves professionally and courteously. All work was done well and in the timeframe provided up front. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Drywall installation for second floor renovation - 4 rooms

06/13/2018

Gail L.

The owner, Mike, did most of the prep work which included lots of patching and repairing. His attention to detail is most impressive. A few of his crew helped paint. They did a fantastic job... looks like new. His estimate was a little higher than others but worth every penny because of the extensive prepping.

Description of Work
Repaired walls, removed shelving and painted an oversized two car garage with two large windows.

Category drywall, plastering, interior painters

05/24/2018

Joseph B.

Was on the whole very pleased with the experience. The quote was responsive and quick (on site). His quote wasn't cheap but was reasonable. The biggest issue was a 2 x 3 foot hole in the popcorn ceiling that was cut away in the search for a leak and subsequent new plumbing. There was also drywall damage from ripping off tile and damaged baseboards. He fixed the hole in the ceiling and repaired the damage to the bathroom walls and baseboards. You can't tell where the hole is after he was done (I was pleasantly surprised for something of that size). My wife who is a stickler for details was even impressed. We asked for a quick quote on painting the bathroom after he did such a great job and was able to accommodate for a reasonable price. He is a very nice guy and even help with a ac vent that would not stay up after multiple attempts to screw in a side. Only downside was that it took a while to get things settled on when he would come initially. On the whole, very pleased with his work.

Description of Work
Fixing drywall holes left by water leak and tiling remodel

03/16/2018

GERMAINE K.

Mike and his crew did a wonderful job of repairing drywall/nail pops and painting our Kitchen, Master bedroom and bathroom, hallway. They also repaired some cracks and nail pops outside of those rooms in various walls and ceiling. We have high ceilings, some coffered and heavy woodwork throughout the first floor. The workers were polite and were precise in their work. In addition, they painted peeling areas on the stucco areas below our siding.

Description of Work
Painting, repair nail pops and cracks

Category drywall, house painters, interior painters

03/08/2018

Bonnie S.

It went very well. Mike and his crew were very prompt and efficient in completing the job. They kept us updated on their progress throughout the project and we are very pleased with the final outcome.

Description of Work
We wanted to have the interior of our garage finished which included the installation of drywall on the walls and ceiling, painting and trim application.

02/16/2018

Anna S.

It went fantastic! Mike and Russel did all of the required repairs and replastered. They also painted and cleaned everything up. Mike was even gracious enough to send Russel back because when the eletricians returned to install lights, they made a mess with dirty fingerprints. Russel fixed it all. I would highly recommend Mike and his company. They did a great job!

Description of Work
My husband and I needed our first floor ceilings scraped, replastered and painted. We also needed some ceiling repairs due to electrical work that had been done.

02/08/2018

David W.

Mike was extremely receptive, easy going and an all around nice person. His crew completed the exterior painting shortly after Thanksgiving last year. They began the interior work on January 2, 2018 and despite a holiday and a snow storm, the work was completed on the inside near the end of January. My home has lots of trim work, white cabinets throughout which required lots of detail. Mike and his team did an amazing job and my home looks and feels brand new. I would highly recommend this company if your looking for expert customer service, a friendly responsive work team and the highest quality of work. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
My home was built in 1992 so this year it will be 26 years old. Although the exterior had been painted a couple of times, the interior of the home had the original paint from nearly 26 years ago. I met with Mike one afternoon after work and we did a walk around both on the inside and outside. There were a couple of rotted wood issues around a couple of windows and on the inside a couple of places on the ceiling had been damaged by water thus needing sheetrock repair.

Category drywall, deck cleaning, house painters, interior painters

01/25/2018

Barbara M.

Excellent. Mike came right on time to give us an estimate and we had the estimate before he left. We obtained three estimates and his was right in the middle of the other two. His crew came as scheduled and after the snow went away, all the work was completed in a timely fashion. We did have a couple of touch up spots that needed attention and his foreman Chris came and took care of those the next day. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Interior painting.

12/06/2017

Bill M.

Mike Schleter and team drywalled two walls in our garage. I provided dimensions and he came in under his estimate. Very, very thorough - multiple mudding, then sanding - it could be a living room wall, not a garage wall. Highly recommended. I'll be using Mike and team for interior painting next.

Description of Work
Two walls of garage drywalled

11/20/2017

Garrett S.

Everything went great. Repairs took about a day and a half and the existing texture on the ceiling was matched perfectly. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
I have a tray ceiling in my bedroom and the joints were splitting. Also had 2 large cracks in the ceiling at the edges of the tray.

Category drywall, plastering, interior painters

11/07/2017

Jamie M.

Once contacted, Mike got back to me quickly and arranged for a timely estimate. He provided the estimate on the spot, which no other contractor did. He was competitive in price and was able to complete the work on my requested dates. His team was on time, very courteous, worked hard. It was a messy job, and they helped make the process a little easier for my family by cleaning up portions at the end of each day so we could access the kitchen and/or bedrooms. It was a big job, as it included 2 story ceilings, and the work was well done. Mike was responsive to texts throughout the project. We are very pleased with our new ceilings and freshly painted walls!

Description of Work
Popcorn removal, repair and paint ceilings, repair and paint walls

07/27/2017

Robert O.

It went well and they did a good job respecting my schedule and working around it.

Description of Work
In my kitchen, I had my popcorn ceiling removed along with getting my kitchen (and trim) painted. I'm glad that I selected them and will use them again in the future.

07/22/2017

Jean E.

He was a little more expensive than the guy that I went with, but not terribly. I didn't see anything that was below par with him. He was good. He was there on time. Very professional.

Description of Work
They came and gave an estimate but I didn't work with them.

05/08/2017

TERESA S.

Mike and his staff were very courteous, professional, and flexible throughout the execution of our requested work. They removed all of our popcorn ceilings and painted the interior of our house for a very competitive price. The quality of the final product was fantastic! Above all, they were willing to work within our complicated schedule to get the job done. We will definitely be using Schleter Painting and Drywall in the future.

Description of Work
Removal of popcorn ceilings. Painting of all walls and ceilings.

Category plastering, interior painters

04/22/2017

Jean E.

He didn't actually come and do the job. He was willing to rearrange his schedule for me, which was really nice because I had kind of an unreasonable schedule. But then I ended up not going with him anyway. He seems like he's very accommodating, but I can't vouch for his quality of workmanship. The estimate that he gave me was a little higher than somebody else who could also do the job with like a bigger crew, and then I thought I'd go with the other guy. But that Schleter guy, I thought he would be a very good second choice. His price was pretty close ballpark to the other guy that I went with. His was more expensive but not a whole lot, but the other guy was gonna be faster, too. For responsiveness, he was excellent; he got right in touch with me. The price was a little higher, but also I needed to get the work done while I was on vacation and I had such a limited number of days, and I was really afraid he wouldn't be able to finish it. The other company had a crew and he didn't have a crew.

Description of Work
He came and gave an estimate.

Category house painters, interior painters

Thanks for the kind review! Sorry we couldn't help you, we do have a crew of 7 experienced Craftsmen. Hope to get a chance at your next project! Mike

04/17/2017

P A E.

Very well! Mike was professional, courteous, and on time. Job completed as scheduled. Fair price. I would definitely hire again, and can see why he has been so highly rated on Angie's list.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel. Remove old drywall, square the walls, add stud support, install new drywall, and paint.

04/14/2017

Steve S.

Schleter was right on time, explained every stage of the work and the result is excellent. The crew was considerate and professional and I recommend this contractor to anyone seeking quality work.

Description of Work
Dry wall repairs for new plumbing lines, removal of popcorn ceiling & painting: two baths and great room/den.

Category drywall, wallpaper removal, interior painters