IDEAL SERVICES HEATING & COOLING

Founded 2003 • With Angi since November 2009

4.3

With 30 years experience Ideal Company has learned what works best and knowing what Customers want from their heating and Cooling Contractor. Being the best is what we work to achieve at Ideal Services. Everyone at Ideal Services knows that the customer is the single most important factor in any business. We know from many years in the HVAC business that great service means more than selling a new system to every customer. Great service means matching a customer’s needs to the right heating and cooling products. Great service means giving customers access to maintenance and service options that keep those products running at peak efficiency day after day. To do business any other way, we know, just does not make sense. We know that dedicated, knowledgeable employees are a company’s greatest resource. We are committed to bringing in the most experienced and knowledgeable HVAC technicians. You can rest assured that our technicians have been thoroughly trained, licensed, insured, and will come well equipped to install you new system right. And you can be sure that we will respect you and your home at all times. As a Trane Comfort Specialist dealer we are committed to being the best in installation, service, customer satisfaction and employee training. Not every dealer qualifies as a Trane Comfort Specialist, but rather only those that meet Trane’s stringent standards and who demonstrate a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuing education. These dealers are committed to training to keep up to date with Trane’s latest technology, ensuring that you receive a system that is designed to achieve maximum efficiency, reliability and comfort, as well as a system that delivers the efficiency its ratings promise and that you expect. All Ideal Services employees would like to thank you for considering us. If you have any questions about the company or heating and cooling services and products, please call (919) 557-0004....

Year Round AC and Heating

We are specialist in the air hvac field. Specializing in repairs, service and preventive maintenance. Have over 14 yrs in experience and have satisfied many home owners in heating and cooling needs. We are owner operated buisness and on the job quick..

Air Experts Heating & Cooling

We keep your heating and cooling equipment working properly, performing at peak efficiency while insuring your comfort and keeping your air safe. We Guarantee 100% Satisfaction with all our work. The professionals at Air Experts have been providing comprehensive HVAC services to the residents of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill since 1986.

Offers by Air Experts Heating & Cooling on Angi
Carlton Heating & Air Conditioning Inc.

We have been in business in the area since 1991, our team of contractors will work closely with you to ensure your satisfaction of service and increase your indoor air quality. All of our technicians are trained, tested, and ready to serve you with fast , friendly and efficient service.

01/11/2022

Nina E.

I purchased a new HVAC system from Ideal in May 2020 for just under $6000....just about 18 months ago. Installation went well and I followed all recommendations for follow-up inspections and preventative maintenance. I noticed on 12/31/2021 that I was not able to access my unit so I called for service. I was advised a technician would be out on 1/3 and there would be a $99 diagnostic fee and that all parts were still covered undertone 5 year- warranty....no one was available to further advise on an extended labor plan or additional fee information. I waited for a return call which I did not receive. The technician arrives on 1/3 and conducts the roughly 30-minute diagnostic assessment and advises the thermostat is out. He also advises there will be an additional $341.00 charge just to replace it as the parts are still covered under warranty AND a $50 warranty processing fee. Of course this seemed extra expensive so I called in to speak with the office and was advised the Service Manager was not available. He was out all the following week and I was able to speak with him on 1/10. I was advised I am being charged for ALL labor and expenses associated with replacing the thermostat INCLUDING the Service Manager's 30-minutes of time for processing the warranty paperwork in his office AND the mileage for him to return the broken thermostat to Honeywell as well as the technician's time to sit and write his report in his vehicle. I was also advised these are standard fees for replacing a thermostat. I really do not think these fees are reasonable and appropriate. I called a couple of local service providers (Siler City, Raleigh, and Sanford areas) and learned the following: -one offers a $59 diagnostic fee and then maybe $100 to $200 to replace the thermostat since I would not need to purchase the parts from them. -one offers $95/hour labor rate compared to the $535.53 I paid for just over an hour's worth of work INCLUDING the 8-minute phone call in to the office -NO ONE charges $400/hour for labor....not even the dealership to repair/service my vehicles!!! Let me say this, I agree with the $99 diagnostic fee and I would gladly pay this amount in addition to a reasonable fee for the labor of replacing the thermostat. But an additional $450+ is not acceptable and I consider this price gouging for services. The Service Manager advised he would speak with the Regional Manager to consider some remedy in an effort to make this situation agreeable for both sides. -I did get a follow-up call on 1/11 with a refund offer of $50 for the warranty processing fee. This still in unacceptable to me as I would still be paying about $475.53 simply to diagnose and replace a simple thermostat....about an hour's worth of labor!! DO NOT use services from Ideal Heating and Cooling if you are expecting to pay reasonable fees for repair services.

Description of Work
Install HVAC system and replace thermostat

09/03/2021

John C.

Ideal Services is a PREDATORY company! They take advantage of customers in vulnerable situations. I got swindled out of $400 because their maintenance guy told me that adding temporary coolant to my leaky HVAC unit would provide me with "temporary relief" (which I desperately needed on a 95 degree day) while I explored options for new HVAC unit. I spent $400 and it provided NO RELIEF. Not even a 1 minute benefit of cool air. Ideal Services declined to give me a refund claiming in an email that's what I get for "taking a gamble" on temporary coolant.... That solution was never presented as a "gamble" during the time of sale or else obviously I wouldn't have spent hundreds of dollars on it... The maintenance guy presented it as a temporary solution. Terrible company and shameless management.

Description of Work
Fix/Replace my HVAC Unit

Category appliance repair,heating & air conditioning/hvac

02/10/2017

Pete M.

It went wonderfully, Excellent work. I am extremely pleased, they are so professional.

Description of Work
They changed my heating and cooling for the first floor.

02/08/2017

Beverly P.

They came to fix out heat pump and talked us into a maintenance contract. We were led to believe that the maintenance contract included fixing problems. We had to call them because the fan in the heat pump stopped working. It turned out that the problem was that the emergency heat was turned on by accident. The technician stated that he thought that was the problem.

Description of Work
Heat pump stopped working two weeks after it was fixed.

02/07/2017

Meilani H.

They put in a brand new air conditioning for us and two days later, the condenser was stolen. Although we still had to pay for it, they were very quick and responsive and gave us a little discount and put a little gate around it to protect it.

Description of Work
We've had them do a lot of different things. We have had them repair duct work, replace air condensers, replace complete HVAC.

08/17/2016

Barbara E.

I would absolutely use them in the future.

Description of Work
I have experience with Ideal Services. It's a tune-up of HVAC unit.

07/24/2016

Bonnie M.

I cannot recommend Ideal Services at this time. We had two units installed this spring and we've had multiple issues. Once the units were installed, we ran the heat which produced an awful smell like a rotten crotch. They looked the unit over twice and stated they could replace the air ducts. This wasn't an issue before and I'm not replacing the air ducts. Next, the drain line stopped up in the attic which shut the system off due to a filled drain pan. They had me vacuum out the drain pan that evening until they could come out the next morning. The drain pan filled back up and some water dripped onto the attic floor. This could have caused a major issue because the unit didn't stop running this time. The HS Town inspector came out to inspect the units, but they failed due to the clogged drain line. Ideal fixed the line and told us we were lucky to have the one year warranty. This shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. The tech left and the bedroom (were the attic door is located) and left the room smelling like cigarette smoke. A month later the drain line was stopped up again. The tech came back out, fixed the line and reminded us how lucky we were. The room didn't smell like smoke this time, but he left a stain on our bedroom carpet. Thanks! I called Ideal and request the owner call me back, but a service manager returned the called in which he proceeded to tell me how great a company they were and did nothing to reassure their work or provide any comfort this install wasn't going to cause more issues. Basically, purchase the annual service package (I think $250 a yr) and we'll make sure it works. If I were the owner and my customer had this many issues I would have offered something for a piece of mind. At this point we've had a few issues, missed a bit of work and the units have yet to pass the towns inspection after 3 months. They also stated they were going to clean up install on the side of the house and caulk, but that didn't happen either.

Description of Work
AC Units Installed and Service Work

04/18/2015

E. B.

My system was cycling on and off or not coming on at all. I initially thought it was an issue with the compressor however I'm not a trained technician. I called the installer (Ideal Services) of this system for an diagnostics and eventual repair of the system. Things went South from there, I set up an appointment on 14April2015 , again I'm not a trained technician I called Ideal to provide a thorough diagnostics of the situation. I was traveling on business and my wife had and a medical appointment (daily radiation treatment for breast cancer) , the appointment was scheduled on 14Apr from 3pm-5pm. The technician shows up at 3pm and my daughter lets him in the house to begin his assessment of the system. At the time of the assessment the system was operating so the technician basically spent 15 minutes measuring the system pressures and cooling temperature. I'm not sure if the technician was in a bad mood but he started to badger my daughter for payment of the quick 15 minute assessment. I was called (while traveling) by Ideal, stating the job (diagnostics) was complete the system is working properly and only needed more refrigerant (at a added cost $$$) and they would need payment for services rendered. I indicated that the system was working intermittently and after my initial call to Ideal Services I noticed the furnace was operating in the same manner , I requested further investigation of the situation. The technician refused to provide service based on the fact there was no one at my home to provide payment for the quick and inaccurate diagnostics/assessment. I talked to the technician over the phone and he persisted to say he would not provide any further service unless there was someone capable of paying for the visit,my wife was on her way home from her medical appointment.... we are talking about an additional 15 minute wait to the 15 minute diagnostics work. Twenty minutes after the visit by the Ideal technician the system shut off completely. Previously before all of this I had a good relationship and history with Ideal Services , they have been out to my house to work on my upstairs unit.... no issues. This time, with new system they installed , I guess they saw an opportunity to make a quick buck . To Adam, the service manager I will pay you only if you can provide a accurate and detail assessment of the problems with the HVAC system you installed.

Description of Work
My HVAC system was operating intermittently so I call Ideal to perform a diagnostics on the HVAC system they installed 1.5 years ago.

06/30/2014

David U.

They gave me a good service at a decent rate.

Description of Work
I used Ideal Services Heating & Cooling this month to install a new heat pump.

01/03/2014

Jane S.

Performed winter maintenance on hvac systems under service contract. Also performed inspection and maintenance of gas hot water heater. It went well.

Description of Work
I used IDEAL SERVICES HEATING AND COOLING

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Repair, maintain, replace and install residential and commercial heating and cooling systems. We also provide service and installation of geothermal systems, air cleaners, humidifiers, controls, and fresh air ventilation systems.

MasterCard, Check, Visa, Financing Available