Acts Construction Inc.

Founded 2005 • With Angi since December 2008

P.O. Box 942

Holly Springs, NC 27540

Home & Office Services , Residential & commercial , Charges , hourly rate of $45.to 65.00 an hr & travel charges may apply. Ask about Angie’s list discount. License #: 2801914.

11/27/2015

nancy G.

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, plumbing

10/29/2014

Mary M.

After having some water damage to my home I reached out to Mr. Pearson for an estimate and possible demolition and reconstruction of my kitchen. He was extremely nice, was great dealing with my 3 small children under his feet and very thorough, he explained everything to me and even a breakdown of how the process would unfold. He took several pictures and then promptly returned an estimate complete with pictures and time breakdown. Unfortunately, because this became a homeowner's insurance dispute I was suggested to go with a different contractor but I will certainly be reaching out to Mr. Pearson again as we begin renovating our home!

Description of Work
An estimate for possible demolition and reconstruction of my kitchen after water damage.

Category plumbing, water damage restoration

10/26/2014

Sarah B.

Mike communicated promptly, gave an accurate estimate of costs and schedules, and did an excellent job of rebuilding, documenting the steps in his work, and cleaning up debris. This was a bank-owned foreclosed property that was successfully sold after the deck was rebuilt.

Description of Work
Re-built rotted decking, railing and steps on deck.

Category decks, plumbing

Thank you for your work and the kind words. Mike. Acts const inc

10/20/2014

Terri M.

Very professional. Neat job. Advised me of all options and then let me decide.

Description of Work
Put new floor underneath the kitchen sink. Hung new light up in hall foyer

Category electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing

Thank you for the work and kind words , it was a pleasure talking with you as well . Thank you Mike Acts const inc

04/19/2014

Douglas S.

We will hire Mike Pearson again in the future! He was spot on with his diagnosis of our roof problems saving us $$$! He was professional, punctual, very knowledgeable and informative and he is actually preparing a quote for us at this time for additional house trim replacement work and gutter guards. He had everything that he needed to do the job right then and there saving us time! He cares about his customers and made sure to get to our house before the big rains on Easter weekend. Thank you Mike!!

Description of Work
Mike repaired our roof leaks.

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for the kind words , and allowing me to work on your investment . And tolerating my stories . Thank you very much for the work .

02/21/2014

NANCY S.

Went very well as usual. I would not hesitate to hire again.

Description of Work
He repaired a kitchen cabinet door, laundry room door and other doors thresholds. This is about the 3rd time we have had him out for repairs....he is excellent, reasonably priced and I would not hesitate to recommend.

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for the work and your kindness Thank you

09/22/2013

Heather D.

The repairman was courteous and helpful. He came back to confirm the roof repair held and make sure the ceiling had fully dried before patching. The ceiling had staining that now can't be identified at all. He accomplished multiple small household repairs efficiently and everything was done the right way. For example, he used screws to repair the deck railing instead of nailing it without being asked. Will call again!

Description of Work
Repaired deck railing, garage trim work, roof flashing repair, patched ceiling from water damage.

Category decks, handyman service, roofing, interior painters

Thank you for the review , It was my pleasure to complete the repairs on you Home ,and visit with you as well Please call if there are any future needs Mike Pearson Acts Construction Inc 919-227-9755 -- Be Blessed -- ✞✞✞JESUS loves you✞✞✞

05/19/2013

Avis D.

Everything went fine, but had to return again for leak under sink. Returned promptly with no charge,

Description of Work
Fixed several leaky faucets and leak under sink

Category plumbing

Thank you for your work , But most importantly your Honest review and ratings , Be sure and call if leak reappears as I do my best to keep that from happening . Thank you very much Mike Pearson Acts const inc

01/26/2013

David D.

Mike gave me a quote over the phone which was a range of $250 to $325 to modify a bookcase. He showed up the next day right on time and the work he did was excellent. He was very careful, the work was perfect and he left the room spotless. And he charged me the bottom price of the quote range.

Description of Work
Carpentry work. Modify a built in bookcase to fit a large screen TV.

Category plumbing, home theater design

Thank you for the kind words and the Great rating it was a pleasure doing Business for you and I hope you will think of Acts for your next project. Thank you very much Mike Pearson Acts Construction Inc.

12/04/2012

Jeanne F.

Arrived on time, performed the deed, chatted with us while he worked, and fixed the toilet.

Description of Work
One of our toilets was not functioning well and we noticed there was water on the floor near it. Turned out that when my daughter, NOT a plumber installed the new "thingy" in the tank, she did not put it in correctly. So eventually the "thingy" caused a water leak. Sounds simple doesn't it? But we didn't have enough PVC hose so had to go pick up some so that the toilet could function properly. Now it's fixed correctly!!! Didn't really blame my daughter though, at least she tried.

Category plumbing

Thank you very much for your work , your rite no blame to lay the repair I completed was just one of those things that happen and doing plumbing for 30 years gives me a insight on things like that thank you Mike Acts Const inc , call if you need my service in the future

08/21/2012

CE C.

e

Description of Work
I was concerned about water on the kitchen floor under the dishwasher after heavy rain storms and whether there might be mold and water damage on the outside and/or inside wall. Mike Pearson was on time, checked out the inside wall from both the bottom of the dishwasher and the undersink cabinet which showed no water problems and explained what could have happened and that there did not seem to be any water damage. I was very relieved and appreciated his explanations as I felt he knew what he was talking about. Will definitely call him again for any other problems.

Category handyman service, water damage restoration

Thank you very much for the work, and please call anytime you may need my service or have questions. Thanks : Mike /Acts Const inc

06/30/2012

Dennis B.

Absolutely loved Mike and Acts Construction

Description of Work
Having moved into a new home 6 months ago, we were told by our builder that his handyman would help us hang antique windows, hang a large mirror and repair a mirror and then hang it. Well after 4 phone calls and no service, we turned to Angie's List and were fortunate to find Acts Construction. Mike responded to our request and called back within 24 hrs and scheduled an appointment within the nest 3 days. He called the night before to confirm that he was coming, called the morning of the 28th to tell us he was on his way and arrived within 10 minutes of the scheduled appointment. He took off his workboots as he did not want to scratch the wooden floors and then got to work. He replaced the hanging brackets on the first mirror, then centered and hung it. He then moved onto hanging our 3 Antique windows in the stairwell and again, got to work and had them hung within 45 minutes. And mind you he put down his grandmother's quilt so he wouldn't scratch the wood on the landing. Finally he hung a very large mirror, which would have taken us all day to do.....we cannot say enough about Mike and are definately having him come back to hang our curved shower rods and hang a final stained glass window.....and yes we let our builder know how great he was!

Category handyman service

Thank you for the kind words, It was an Honor to work for you all and i am glad i was able to please you with the work completed. I am very Thankful to all my customers for the work they allow me to preform for them. This is how i support me and my Family, and everyone is a Blessing for allowing me to do so.

04/16/2012

Joseph W.

The overall experience of our phone call was fantastic, he was very responsive in calling me back and the level of professionalism over the phone was top notch. He even called back to make sure everything went ok! I was really impress by the call back, since I wasn't a paying customer...that will surely change because Mike will be at the top of my list from now on!

Description of Work
We had a leak under the sink and gave ACTS Construction a call based on reviews. I described what I saw and Mike was able to troubleshoot the issue over the phone. He was correct in that the issue was with the seal of the garbage disposal and that I would need to replace the unit. I felt comfortable in replacing the garbage disposal myself and he ensured me he would be available if necessary.

Category plumbing

Thanks to all my customers for the work and kind comments, I am thankful for you all Thanks Michael Pearson ACTS Const Inc Handyman service

12/08/2011

Carla G.

I have used Acts Construction a number of times and will definitely use them again. Mike is very knowledgeable about many things and very professional. I consider Mike my "go to guy" whenever I have any home repair issue. A+ all the way!

Description of Work
Have used for several projects: kitchen sink installation, general plumbing, drywall repair, wood-rot replacement.

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, water damage restoration

Thank you very much, It is a pleasure to work for you. I am greatful to you for the work.

09/25/2011

NANCY S.

Mike was on time. He did an excellent all round job. Excellent communication. Would hire again

Description of Work
Removal of old sink. Installation of new sink. and faucet. Disposal of old sink.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

09/17/2011

Glen L.

Called several companies for an estimate and ACTS Construction was the only one to answer the phone, take details, follow up before arriving at my house, came to my house for an estimate, then again left me a message about his evaluation. He made it easy for me by being able to conduct the estimate without me being there. Two companies never returned my messages and one of them never came by my house to perform an evaluation. The owner of ACTS Construction came to my house soon after agreeing to the estimate, quick and very friendly service. So quick, that I was only able to tell him about additional siding missing and he had all his stuff packed up, without any fuss, he said he will do it for no additional cost and headed back to his truck for tools and a ladder. He is experienced in many other tasks and I will probably use his services again if needs be.

Description of Work
Roofing and siding repairs due to tornado damage. Shingles were replaced and vinyl secured back to the house structure along with using sealant.

06/11/2011

Susan B.

Mike was the first of three plumbers to answer his telephone on a Saturday morning. He said he would be at my house within an hour. It got to an hour and he called and told me that he had been delayed andwas on his way to expect him in 15 minutes. He arrived in less than 15 mins. After inspecting the problem and realizing what he needed to do to effect a repaid, he went to Lowes and purchased the necessary part (a regulator) came back and replaced it. He checked with us that there were no faucets open in the house or appliance switched on and then opened the mains valve. After ascertaining there was no further leak under the house, he came inside to check the water pressure which was good. He advised us that he had removed a length of insulation from beneath the house that was saturated and that we should rent a de-humidifier to dry out where the water had soaked the area. He added that putting a fan beneath the house would also be helpful to circulate the air. He was extremely punctual, professional and friendly. We enjoyed a conversation with him after the work was complete and are going to retain his services forsome other small repairs and odd jobs we need to have done around our property.

Description of Work
Mike arrived and inspected the problem (leak under house) made the diagnosis - went to purchase required part to be replaced (a regulator) and fixed it.

Category plumbing

Thank you for the Kind review and compliments I hade a wonderful time talking with you all as well . I tell other customers of our visit all the time, The review of yours is what has help me to have the confidence to keep on In this self employed business thru the slow times Thank you so much for the kind words Mike P Acts Const Inc ..

06/03/2011

Lenora O.

Mike was very efficient, professional and honest. He gave me an estimate over the phone and, when he was done with the work, I actually paid less because he said it wasn't as much work as he thought. He is also a handyman and I have asked him to quote a few other jobs that I need to have completed at my home. Mike is truly a "find", in these times when it seems everyone is out to get your money ... it is nice to meet someone that is interested in doing quality work at a fair price.

Description of Work
Mike Pearson installed the commode and pedestal sink in my half bath.

Category plumbing

Thank you very much Will alwas be Greatful to you and all my customers Mike P Acts Const Inc

03/22/2011

Kelly B.

Mike Pearson of ACTS Construction arrived within a couple of hours of our telephone call. He is quiet the character, extremely helpful, and knowledgable on a wide range of home repair issues. Mike looked at our new shower and gave us a very reasonable quote for installing the liner. He recommended a drywaller and had his colleague at our house working that very same day. Mike installed the liner. Was professional, neat and quick. He helped us with a plumbing issue when the plumber was unable to return to the house for several days. We told Mike about some of the other repairs we were doing around our house and he agreed to repair the threshold on an outside door for a small additional fee. We were very pleased with Mike's work and will definitely call on him again.

Description of Work
Mike Pearson installed a shower pan liner in our new shower in preparation for the tile installer. He also noticed that the plumber had switched our hot and cold water lines and was able to reverse the problem with the approval of the plumber. Mike recommended a great drywall man to finish the bathroom walls. When we realized that Mike was a real "jack of all trades," we asked him to repair the threshold on an outside door that we were having problems opening.

Category handyman service, plumbing, home remodeling

Thank you for your kind review Mike P Acts Const Inc

12/05/2010

Scott J.

Arrived on time, performed everything he was asked to do, a great experience.

Description of Work
Mike came to my condo and repaired several leaks that had troubled me for weeks; he repaired an old shower faucet which prevented me from buying a new one. He also performed some carpentry for me. He is very versatile in the various tasks he is able to perform.

10/31/2010

Carla G.

Performed services within days for estimate, searched for the materials I requested. Professional and courtesy from start to finish. Arrived on-time and performed the work with excellent craftmanship, removed all debris and had me inspect work to my satisfaction before leaving. Will definitely hire Mike again for other jobs!

Description of Work
Reframed exterior garage door including painting and replaced roof fascia board.

Category handyman service

04/28/2010

Andrew W.

The plumber talks a lot, but he is good. He knew what needed to be done. I would hire him again.

Description of Work
I used the services of Acts Construction recently and the plumber repaired a leaking shower.

08/24/2009

Angela B.

Mike did a thorough job. He advised me on proper sizing for future reference, instructed me on how to re-check the torque on the flange bolts in a couple of days, and he laid tissue paper under the drain for us to monitor for leakage over the next couple of days. Of course there wasn't any more leakage.

Description of Work
A leak in our 2nd floor toilet drain seeped down into our kitchen. Mike wasted no time coming to our rescue. Mike easily uncovered the cause to be: my installing the wrong size wax ring compensating for the hight difference when I tiled the bathroom floor. Mike repaired the broken drain plumbing caused by my improper installation, then ran to the hardware store and replaced the wax ring with the correct one.