D S Painting & Home Improvement

Founded 1981 • With Angi since April 2011

Additional email - davidsasser1@hotmail.com. 38 Years in business....

Aurora Gutters

We are a gutter cleaning, repair and installation business. We have been in business 14 years. We offer free estimates and also offer gutters in various colors and gutter guards. *Currently we have lowered our prices and are giving discounts. * We are also offering military discounts.

Five Star Painting of Wilmington

Whether you are looking to change the colors of your home , or simply freshen things up. Five Star Painting can do the job inside and out. Experience the quality and great pricing of a trusted, national painting company. We are always clean, on time, and on budget. Nothing can make a home fell like new quicker then a fresh coat of paint. You Pick the color we do the rest.

Offers by Five Star Painting of Wilmington on Angi
Valiant Restoration LLC

Fierce Painting: Highest quality work at the best price. A Fresh coat for a fresh start!

06/07/2020

Excellent. Very nice and efficient workmen. Showed up on time and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
More painting.

Category interior painters

12/09/2019

He's been working for us for about 30 years. I was very pleased. It was done timely and professionally. His prices were competitive.

Description of Work
He did interior and exterior painting. He did interior painting for the entire ceiling, walls, and wood works. He did exterior painting for the sidings and trim.

Category house painters,interior painters

12/09/2019

It was excellent. I called him up and he came over when he told me he would. He was very professional. They are locals here. They gave me a quote and I was happy with it. The painters were on time and professional. They made the work super easy. They acted professional and finished the job on the time frame they said they would.

Description of Work
They did some sheet rock work and painted the interior of the whole house.

Category drywall,interior painters

12/09/2019

It went fine. The gentlemen who came out was very professional and knew what he was doing.

Description of Work
He did interior painting of the ceiling and fixed the drywall.

Category drywall,interior painters

06/14/2018

Project went very well with no surprises. The contractor was very responsive to my calls and text messages. I relied on him quite a bit for updates since this was at our 2nd home. At completion, we had a small punch list and he was very quick to knock out those few items. The only negative was the project did take long than originally planned. We had to wait on the solid surface and shower door.

Description of Work
2 Bathrooms totally gutted. Replaced tub insert with new tub and tiled walls, and shower insert with solid surface shower and frameless door. Removed existing tile floor and retiled with new stone tile. Replaced vanities, fixtures, and lighting. Touched up and painted walls and ceiling.

Category drywall,electrician,flooring contractor,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,interior painters

03/20/2017

Amazing. They were near, very meticulous. I'm very pleased with the outcome

Description of Work
Living room painted

Category interior painter

03/20/2017

outstanding. I have been trying to locate this company for other projects, but could not find the information. I'm so ecstatic to have this survey pop up!!!!

Description of Work
living room and kitchen painted

Category room remodeling

08/31/2015

Two people came to do the work and finished it all in 1 1/2 days. They both worked hard and don't know if they hardly took breaks. They both were very courteous and worked hard to please. Their work was very good. I will use them again, even though they are a little pricey. It was worth it not to have the stress of problems and mistakes. The owner, David Sasser, sat with us and went over everything. Was very pleasant to talk with.

Description of Work
Painted 3 bedrooms walls, ceilings and trim

Category interior painter

02/24/2015

We were very pleased with the work. We are not living in the area any longer and the home is a rental so we made contact and when we came into the area met with David and discussed what needed to be accomplished. We returned to the area approximately 6 weeks later and all was completed to our satisfaction. We will be requesting a quote again soon on other work. David was very responsive when I called to talk about the project and he contacted me when he had a question. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Painted rooms. Replaced closet doors. Repaired floor. Whitewashed exterior walk. Tuck point some bricks.

Category room remodeling

12/03/2014

D S Painting completed touch up paint jobs and a few maintenance items around our home as we prepared for new tenants and came back out to assist with items the tenants asked us to assist with after their move-in. We provided all of the paint and some supplies. Reasonable painting prices and quality contracting work. Paint job looks great. Recommended only necessaries to us--no frills, which I appreciated. Very satisfied with painting/caulking/wood filling. The work was completed within just a few weeks of our first contact despite the time of year--during the heavy military PCS season. We were not as satisfied with the handyman aspect of his business--the tenants mentioned that the contractor sent to do minor things "didn't know what he was doing." Eek! That said, the job got done in a timely manner. I am not physically in North Carolina and much of my communication with this company is via email. The owner, David Sasser, is very pleasant, but he does not read my emails thoroughly and/or respond to them as quickly as I expect. He does answer the phone quickly, but asks that I email him too. There is a lot to be desired by way of clear communication. I feel compelled to repeat things and resend emails and details over the course of our interactions together to ensure things get done. I trust that he has a good eye and will make any necessary repairs, but like any contractor in this area it is really hard to find someone that really follows through with directions and is inherently thorough. For instance, he had to send his contractor out again to remove the vinyl border that was supposed to be removed prior to tenant move-in because I was charged for it, but it had not yet been completed. He accepts cash, check or credit. We paid via check and it made it easy to do business despite the distance. Although this is not a "fire-and-forget" contractor, D S Painting completes the work quickly, and I will work with this business again in the future if my tenants have any issues that require a licensed/insured contractor and/or in between tenants.

Description of Work
Touch-up paint on all the walls in the house; painted all walls in master bedroom, stairway, one living room wall, laundry room, and downstairs bathroom; patched walls, applied wood filler, painted entry closet, all base boards, and remove a small vinyl border above the master bedroom door. Later asked to come install a new blind, adjust a kitchen sink weight, assemble and install banister, and repair a front door lock.

Category handyman service","plumber","room remodeling","window installer","interior painter","door installer

New construction, decks & porches, flooring, handyman, pressure washing, general remodeling, windows, doors, painting- exterior & interior

Wall paper hanging.