DODSON CONSTRUCTION CO INC

Founded 1984 • With Angi since June 2006

3210 OLD CHAPEL HILL HILLSB RD

Hillsborough, NC 27278

Mike Dodson, Owner and President of Dodson Construction Co. Inc., has been building custom homes for over 32 years. Mike also holds a North Carolina Private Home inspectors license and is a Certified Union corrugating Metal Pro Installer. Dodson Construction Co. Inc. is a full service building and contracting firm, which specializes in custom homes, additions , renovations and Metal and Asphalt Roofing. We take pride in our employees and subcontractors as they provide personalized service, excellent workmanship and attention to detail on each project. We can do any type of addition you desire and provide great care and patience with the renovation of an existing home. We try to commit to only the amount of projects that we can complete in a timely manor and still provide the amount of personalized service that you desire....

12/28/2018

Allen & Donna C.

Mr. Dodson was very responsive to all inquiries and questions concerning metal roofing. The metal roofing arrived sooner than expected and his construction crew put the roof on, turn key, in one morning. The crew was very professional and thorough during installation and clean up.

Description of Work
Installed painted metal roof on new construction 24'x30' garage

11/16/2017

DAVID T.

The project took about a day and a half. The installers were punctual and professional, and cleaned up after themselves. The new roof and cricket look great, and the leaks in the carport roof are gone.

Description of Work
Replaced badly installed & leaking roof on our carport, as well as two faces on the main roof of the house. The latter work included installing a cricket behind a large chimney.

07/06/2017

Barbara K.

We recommend Dodson Construction of Hillsborough, NC without reservation. As a licensed general contractor, Mike Dodson is professional, trustworthy, honest and reliable. Mike and his crew did an excellent job of building our two-story, two-car garage. Mike worked with us from the design stage to the final sign-off of the garage. His recommendations and creative ideas kept the project on budget to a high standard of quality. All materials were itemized and carefully considered. All county applications and on-site inspections were handled efficiently and promptly. Mike provided great advice to us at every stage of the project and ensured quality work; from foundation, framing, siding, roofing, painting, electrical, interior finishing, doors, windows, landscaping and more. We endorse Dodson Construction and are delighted with our new garage.

Description of Work
Two-story, two-car garage

Category decks,remodeling,roofing,garage builders,home builders

04/14/2017

Vickie M.

We were very happy with the porch construction and because of that we have hired Mike for all our other jobs that needed to be done. He is fair, honest and professional and a very nice guy to work with and that makes things go much more smoothly. The subcontractors that he uses do quality work and are a pleasure to have around our home. Any construction work or renovation in your home is an inconvenience but Mike and his crew minimize that as much as possible. We would highly recommend Mike Dodson Construction!

Description of Work
Mike and his crew built our screened porch years ago and we love it! He also took care of getting our roof replaced last year. Currently Mike is finishing our third floor with his very capable and professional crew.

Category decks,drywall,electrician,remodeling,roofing

07/05/2016

Robert D.

Service was started as promised and completed in two days. Each day, the clean-up was thorough - you could not really tell anybody had been there. I did have some cheaper bids (and one for about the same price), but was I not confident in what I was getting for the money. Usually cheaper meant installation over the existing asphalt - not the way I wanted to go. Mike was able to explain what I was getting for the money in a matter-of-fact manner that was not a bunch of sales-hype.

Description of Work
Install new Metal Roof ... did complete tear-off of existing Asphalt roof.

12/14/2015

Peter C.

Highly recommend as we are very pleased with the outcome of our project. Would absolutely use Mr. Dodson again if we had a need. He had very helpful insights when working with the architect on design, checked with us as applicable about implementing design details throughout the project, has skilled & conscientious employees & sub-contractors, and deals effectively with unanticipated events (jobsite issues, inspection problems, etc.).

Description of Work
remodel & expansion of master bedroom, bathroom & clost

Category remodeling,home remodeling

12/10/2014

Terry N.

Mike Dodson and his crew did a fantastic job in rebuilding our deck. Would recommend his construction knowledge to anyone!

Description of Work
Deck replacement

Category remodeling

06/29/2014

Iain H.

I called and left a message about getting someone to look at a roof leak. Mr. Dodson called me back the same day and left a message for me. After a day or two of phone tag, I caught up with him. He was very nice and explained that he had recently had a sharp uptick in the number of jobs and wasn't able to agree to do anything soon. Said he'd keep my contact information and pass it along to anyone he ran across and might have some openings. I really appreciated him calling me back to let me know what the deal was - I called several people and it must have been really busy for everyone, but most folks didn't call back at all. I will definitely call Dodson again for future jobs.

Description of Work
Returned my calls promptly and was honest about not having capacity to take on new clients.

Category remodeling

09/21/2013

Ann V.

It has been over two years since it has been built and we have had no problems. There were a lot of unanticipated glitches and they were all handled in a professional way. Among the glitches were delays in the permit process and wood rot on our house leading to the replacement of a door. They also worked straight through a heat wave.

Description of Work
Demolished old deck and external stairs, built new deck and pergola, filled in second floor door.

Category decks

09/10/2013

John S.

The results were excellent, and I am very satisfied. I did monitor the job as it progressed. I had photos of the original deck if questions arose. His crew was very competent. They made several suggestions that improved results on the stairs and planters, while maintaining the original appearance. The finished deck looks very good and everything feels solid. The lumber quality was beyond my expectations, with many boards having no knots at all and the rest having an occasional very small knot. Mike had ordered some extra boards so that they could be culled so that only the best boards were used. Unused boards were then returned to the local supplier, Mebane Lumber. At the end of the job, Mike Dodson went over all the screws on the deck to make sure they were flush, and that no places were missed. Cleanup was meticulous and everything was swept clean.

Description of Work
This was a renovation of an approximately 600 sq.ft. deck, which was 26 years old. The horizontal decking needed replacement because of weathering and checking, but the joists and support members below the deck were still sound. All of the horizontal boards and some other boards on the main deck, two stairways and two planters were replaced, maintaining the existing design. Mike Dodson came to my house on Auguet 19th and we discussed how the job would be done in detail.. We specified premium 5/4" x 6 " width pressure-treated lumber, kiln dried before and after treating. This type of decking is made by Cox lumber, one of the largest suppliers in the Southeast. It was agreed to use 3-inch long hot-dipped galvanized screws with a square drive hole in the top of the screw for best installation.. Afterwards Mr. Dodson emailed a professional and detailed written quote of $7314 (with Angie's list discount) with a complete breakdown of labor and materials. The job was scheduled to start on 9/3/2014, weather permitting, with completion in 4-5 consecutive days. Initially 3 men and later 2 men worked on the job. Old decking was removed in sections and replaced with new decking each day. All debris was removed in their truck each day, and a magnetic sweep was done to insure there were no old nails or screws in my drieway. The job was completed in 4 days plus a few hours on the 5th day. Mike Dodson was there at the beginning and end of the job and at various times in-between.

Category decks,deck cleaning

Parrot Electrical Services, LLC

Give us a call or click to request a quote today!

Sun4light.Inc.

As the area's ONLY VELUX Dealer Installer, Sun4Light provides homeowners superior products and installation. Velux Sun Tunnels and Skylights are manufactured in South Carolina and delivered to our warehouse within two to four days. Our team of installers has more experience in tubular lighting (solatube, sun tunnels, sola tubes) than anyone in the country! With a solutions-oriented approach to day-lighting, our specialist will provide you with the best lighting solution! All installations are warranted by the manufactured against leaking! Give us a call for your free in-home evaluation! Ask about how our products can qualify for a 26% solar tax credit. Beginning November 2020, Sun4Light,Inc. expanded product and service offerings to include roofing!

*Army Vet Owned* Grady Jones Paint Contractors

Grady Jones Paint contractors is a small **Army Veteran Owned** family business established in 1980. I am a third generation paint and remodeling contractor with literally a lifetime of experience in my craft. We never use sub-contractors and perform all of our own work. We always use top quality materials like Benjamin Moore paints, Cabot stains and Hardie board siding to ensure long lasting results. We are fully insured for our customers protection and always provide free estimates and color consultations to every prospective customer. All of our work is guaranteed and I personally stand behind this without fail. We specialize in repainting and remodeling and do not do new construction unless it is for an existing customer who is building. We don't get paid until the work is done and you are completely satisfied. Please give us a call and give me, Clee Grady Jones Jr. (Owner) the opportunity to earn your business today. I promise you will speak directly with me and deal directly with me start to finish. I also promise you a pleasurable experience with a detail oriented professional who believes in punctuality and doing what he says. Don't forget to ask about our SENIOR, VETERAN and TEACHER DISCOUNTS. Hope you have a great day and I look forward to your call. (919)272-3858

NEW CONSTRUCTION, RENOVATIONS, ADDITIONS, ROOFING, BOBCAT WORK, IN-HOUSE DESIGN WITH CAD SERVICE. HAULING- MULCH, TOPSOIL, VINYL SIDING INSTALLATION, VINYL WINDOW REPLACEMENT, INTERIOR TRIM INSTALLATION, BASEMENT RENOVATIONS OR UPFITS,SCREEN PORCHES, DECKS, GENERAL LANDSCAPING AND GRADING.