CHC, Clyde Hance Construction

Founded 2006 • With Angi since February 2016

Clyde Hance Construction is a locally owned and operated company who places great value in honesty, integrity, and superior customer service. When you hire us for home improvement services we treat your home or business as if it were our very own. We understand that each home or business is

roofing (21)gutter repair (4)

11/04/2021

Paul H.

Replacing a worn-out roof can be a daunting task. You want the job done right and for a reasonable cost. The first roofer claimed to have been in business for years in two states. The BBB reported them as a new company (Name Changed 2x+! Why? What were they hiding?). The second company admitted that it was new and under-bid the job. I could expect to get a low-quality job and/or have them ask for more upon completion. The third company bragged about being in business for 90+ years and bid twice what the insurance company estimated for the job! They were out of my league! Then Clyde Hance called. He has years of experience in both re-roofing and house-construction. He had many good suggestions for everything associated with a roof replacement and he has an experienced crew. They did a re-roofing that exceeded my goals for both quality-installation and completed-appearance. And, afterward the invoice had a very reasonable increase for some surprise roof deck rot / replacement of plywood. With Clyde Hance Construction we ended up with ROOFING DONE RIGHT!

Description of Work
Roofing Replacement

Work Completed On 11/04/2021

Kimberly V.

Mr. Clyde is one of the most professional people in the home services industry that my family has ever worked with. We called to schedule an appt for roof and gutter work, and Mr. Clyde sent his crew on the same day! They were on-time, efficient, the work was immaculate and the price was beyond fair. Further to this - a family member who lives on my same street needed gutter work also. My Clyde had his crew stop there after they finished our job. Both of our homes were complete on the same day and we couldn't be more happy with our services. I highly recommend Clyde Hance Construction for any of your home repair needs. Our family will certainly be calling him again!!

Description of Work
Roofing repair, gutter repair

Joey W.

Clyde Hance Construction exemplifies the sort of company I look for in home construction. Clyde was helpful through the process from beginning to end transform our roof. Was patient with us while dealing with the insurance company. His team was professional and clean. I've already recommended his business to other family members and neighbors to hire for their next project. Thank you, Clyde, and will definitely be calling for our next project.

Description of Work
Roofing Replacement

Work Completed On 01/19/2021

tom H.

Could not have gone better- on schedule, all work done during day, superb clean-up - not a spot of trash or material left on site, all landscaping untouched and undamaged, courteous work crew, finished in two days as they said they would - A DEFINITE HIRE.

Description of Work
Roofing Replacement

Work Completed On 10/19/2021

Thanks for the kind words and the referral to your neighbors.

Katie M.

The before and after photos of this project are amazing. The finished product is spot on and great quality work!

Description of Work
Apartment Remodeling

Category remodeling

Marne F.

Quality workmanship, responsive to questions, arrived and finished on schedule. Clean-up was fantastic. Clyde's project went so well we had him back to replace the roof on our barn. Same results!

Description of Work
Metal Roofing

Work Completed On 08/18/2021

07/22/2020

Michele P.

Clyde was very responsive from the first initial inquiry to the very end of the project. He did what he said he was going to do, when he said it would be done. He did a great job of coordinating the various teams that were doing the different parts of the overall project. He let me know what was going on every step of the way and answered any questions I had. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Clyde replaced my fascia, put on a new roof, installed drip edge and new gutters with guards.

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

06/26/2020

William C.

Clyde and his team provided excellent work, good management of subcontractors, and a fair price. All were highly responsive to our concerns and questions. The job was performed as bid and completed on schedule. Clyde did not try to "upsell" us on pricey upgrades of questionable value. We needed a good roof replacement on our 20 year old house, some carpentry repairs, and gutters that won't clog with debris, and that's exactly what we got. The site cleanup, performed daily, was exemplary.

Description of Work
Asphalt roof replacement (6600 sq. ft), repair/replacement of cedar siding on dormers, exterior painting, and installation of gutter guards

Work Completed On 09/14/2020

Aaron W.

I was very happy with Clyde's work. The price was the best quoted, and it included better shingles than all of the other quotes. Clyde is very hands-on, and kept very much in contact with me. I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Roofing, Gutters, Exterior Painting

Work Completed On 12/13/2019

Nancy S.

Very professional, on-time and on budget.

Description of Work
Roofing Repair, Drywall Repair, Painting, General repairs

Category remodeling, roofing

Deborah L.

his crew did a great job,done in a single day and cleaned up around the yard so you could not tell they had ever been there,had tryed to hire local roofers but they were too busy,its been 9 months and none of the local roofers has contacted me yet,but this roofer contacted me right away and the job was done a week later,would recommend him aways and have already

Description of Work
Roofing

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

Judith C.

Perfect. On time. Total clean up. We were gone and on our return, with the exception of the new roof, we found no debris or evidence they had been

Description of Work
Roofing

Nancy K.

Clyde is very responsive and concerned about quality

Description of Work
Roofing

10/16/2019

Mark J.

very good....company was very professional... several good points about this company that most do not have: (this may sound like small issues but they are big to the one making the request for services) showed up when stated, priced of job very reasonable, delivered what was stated in contract, good folks to work with... would recommend them to friends, would use them again...

Description of Work
new roof and gutters

Work Completed On 10/16/2019

06/18/2019

Matt W.

Clyde and his crew were outstanding to work with from quoting the job up front to cleaning up after the roof went in. Clyde had a very large crew show up so they could complete the job in a day which they did and did not sacrifice quality of the job. Top notch professional crew! Clyde also handled the replacement of our gutters and downspouts which were perfectly coordinated with the roof job so it was all done in two days. I highly recommend CHC. Very trustworthy and professional with quality workmanship to boot!

Description of Work
Full Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

06/03/2019

Andrew K.

I hired Clyde to replace a roof after tornado damage. I was a bit skeptical of all his great reviews, but I can see why he received them. Clyde was very detailed oriented, careful, easy to contact and communicate with, and was determined to a an excellent job. He was one of the few contractors who made sure everything was covered in his estimate and gave me options for upgrades, with no pressure to choose them. Excellent contractor who takes pride in his work and wants to do a great job on time and at the price quoted.

Description of Work
Repairs and new metal roof and gutters

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

James R.

Everything went well -- he and his crew were very efficient and did a good job.

Description of Work
He did 3-4 jobs for me -- roof tiles, replacement windows, and remodeled my kitchen and small bathroom.

Work Completed On 08/12/2014

Buddy D.

I worked in a shipyard for ~30 years, so I know the difference between a tradesman and a craftsman. These guys are craftsmen! They did superb work and it was well worth the money.

Description of Work
They replaced our roof, installed new gutters, took out a window (so the roof-line met with garage like it was supposed to), new treads and risers for the stairs, new carpet, new handrails, and painting.

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

Adam S.

Very Well

Description of Work
They painting, roof work and siding

Work Completed On 07/19/2017

07/30/2018

Dee E.

They replaced the entire roof and did the drywall and paint the in the garage. It was fantastic. I have never dealt with a contractor as communicative as he is. He would send pictures.

Description of Work
We had alot of damage on the roof and then water damage in the garage.

Work Completed On 06/04/2018

03/14/2018

Dan R.

I had my roof replaced by Clyde Hance construction and the experience was wonderful. Before I hired Clyde I had four estimates ranging from $12,000 to $25,000 for my house, detached shop, shed, and well house. Clyde's price was very competitive and specified all of the best materials. The work was done fast, I did not have to do any clean up, and the roof looks great.

Description of Work
Replace roof

Work Completed On 10/09/2017

08/03/2017

Jim Z.

Perfectly! Clyde's crew did a great job on our new roof. It took them less than a day to complete the work. They cleaned up the yard when they were finished. Highly recommended. AAA+

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category remodeling, roofing

Work Completed On 07/26/2017

Review for CHC, Clyde Hance Construction - 3809 Remington Run, Hillsborough, NC - 35962349