After Hours Plumbing and Pump Service

Founded 2009 • With Angi since September 2009

2010 New Sharon Church Rd

Hillsborough, NC 27278

After Hours Plumbing and Pump Service was designed to benefit our customers. No overtime rates give the homeowner the freedom to have a plumber come at their convenience during the day, afternoon or weekend and not have to pay extra. Being an owner/operator company keeps our overhead costs down and that allows us to pass on the savings to our customers. There is no job too big or too small. Whether you need to replace buried water lines on a large farm, re-pipe a home with polybutalene pipes, or just fix a leaky faucet in your apartment, we can and have done it all. Wells, water systems and tankless or traditional water heaters are no problem. North Carolina State Plumbing License # 29936, Certified Well Contractors License #3908-D. Consultation trips are free. Services can be paid for by cash, check or credit card. $100.00 for the first hour, every hour thereafter is prorated. Feel free to call 919-732-7588 and schedule your free consultation today!...

09/30/2021

Matt W.

I hired After Hours Plumbing for some major upgrades at my home including connecting to new city water service, connecting to new natural gas service, replacing a tank water heater with a new tankless, and running new gas lines for a grill and whole house generator. I received bids from several plumbers. AHP had the best price and recommendations. Availability to do the work was great as well. Doug and his team did an were great to work with, provided excellent advice, did an overall high quality job and came in on time and on budget. I highly recommend AHP and will hire them again for all future work!

Description of Work
Water service, tankless water heater install, natural gas service

Category plumbing,water heater repair

02/05/2018

Sherry J.

Crew was prompt, curtious, professional, dependable and knowledgeable. I would definitely hire them for any future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Remove old commode and install new commode. Remove old kitchen faucet and install new kitchen faucet.

11/20/2017

Elizabeth N.

no one has called to even try to talk to me about the issue much less schedule to come out. I know to not call this place again.

Description of Work
I called at 10:00am and left a message. It was after 3:00pm before anyone returned my call and I was told my issue was not considered an emergency and someone would call me the next day to schedule someone to come out. Well, it is the next day and it is almost 11:00am and I have not heard from anyone. I guess there is enough business for them that they aren't concerned about new customers

04/10/2017

Hersey F.

Doug is the best. He is very professional, very likable and does really good work at a really good price. He installed a well pump for us a few years ago and we knew we needed a water softener but it always seemed like an overpriced luxury. Doug came out, tested the water (which we had done not long ago) and his results were in line with what we had found earlier. He didn't try and sell us lots of stuff we didn't need, and all we needed was softening. He gave me a very reasonable price on equipment and installation so I also asked him to replace our very old pressure tank as well as move out whole house filter to a much more convenient location next to the softener in the garage. Now we've got amazing water pressure, soaps lathers up and dishes aren't covered in water stains anymore. Wish we would've done this years ago. Thanks Doug

Description of Work
Installed a water softener and new pressure tank

Category plumbing,water softeners

08/15/2016

Linda R.

Great! Doug and his assistant showed up on time (even on a Saturday) and got right to work. It was a brutally hot day and they needed to hand dig a 15' trench to reroute the pipe but it was completed in a timely and professional manner. FINALLY someone who actually believes in fairness, hard work and professionalism. I cannot recommend Doug and his company highly enough. I have finally, finally, finally found a plumber I can trust - and that's saying a lot.

Description of Work
Reroute drain pipes away from house so water softner recharge drained far from patio and deck

Category water softeners,drain pipe

07/29/2015

BERNICE O.

Providers were professional and courteous and above all, honest. Because resolution of the problem did not require intervention, they did not charge for their service. They were knowledgable and diagnosed the problem quickly. Also, they covered their shoes so that they would not track dirt through the house.

Description of Work
Provider diagnosed the problem, which did not require professional intervention. They instructed me of the cause of the problem (sewage smell in drain) and how to prevent it in the future.

07/22/2015

Maureen M.

Contacted the provider again by phone in another attempt to schedule service. They stated that they no longer work with Angie's List. They stated that they would not honor the deal ($200 in plumbing services for $119) . When I asked them to apply the initial amount of $119 instead of the $200 agreed to in the deal, they also refused to do that. They told me that if I was unhappy about paying $119 and receiving no service in return to contact Angie's List for a refund. Angie's List said that they would not refund the money because it is outside of their 30 day window, and suggested that I call the contractor back. When I suggested that this was unacceptable, Angie's List said that they would have their customer service dept. contact me within 2 days. In my opinion this vendor - After Hours Plumbing and Pump service - is dishonest and unreliable.

Description of Work
Purchased a deal 6 months ago from Angie's List. Contacted the provider at that time, who never answered my request to schedule an appointment.

06/12/2015

Elizabeth W.

WE have called on After Hours Plumbing a few times and have always been 100% satisfied with their service. This time - with no water coming into the house - Doug showed up with a few hours of our call (it was in the evening) - he diagnosed the problem which was a leak in a pipe in the well - said he would be back first thing the next morning - with help because we have a mammoth "well-house" that needed to be removed. He was right on time - took care of the problem and within no time we were back up and running. I cannot say enough how happy we are with their service - we would never use another plumber and recommend them completely. A+++

Description of Work
We had no water coming into our house - our water treatment company didn't think it was their system so we called After Hours. They showed up within 2 hours - diagnosed the problem and said they would be back the next morning to repair - which they did!!!

Category plumbing,water softeners

06/03/2015

Annette M.

I am truly impressed with the customer service, professionalism and commitment to quality demonstrated by the After Hours Plumbing Team. This is a dedicated group of professionals that really puts the service excellence concept into practice - from the warm and welcoming voices that manage the customer phones and schedule the appointments, to the competent and quality work of the plumbing staff and the reasonable and competitive pricing - it is a class act, all the way. Nick was prompt and professional and did a wonderful job with installing the ball valve. Earlier in the year, Doug came out and he and his staff, also addressed a plumbing issue (replaced shower valve cartridge and faucet) and they did exceptional work. This team goes out of their way to provide service with a smile and service you can trust. They made me feel valued as a customer and they did A+ quality work. I will definitely reach out to After Hours Plumbing for any future plumbing needs and would highly recommend their services to anyone. Check them out - they are a great team, providing great service. You will not be disappointed!! Thanks After Hours Plumbing. Job well done!

Description of Work
Replaced the main water line gate valve with a ball valve

05/26/2015

John F.

In August 2012 my pump failed and I contacted After Hours. They were quick to come out and confirm pump failure and worked to remove and replace the pump, wiring and pipe in the well. I received a 1 year parts and labor warranty and 2 year pump warranty October 2014 my system stopped working. I called another plumber who had just replaced my hotwater heater and pressure tank. He determined the well had failed and the pump needed to be pulled. He pulled the pump and determined that the wire had broke at the bottom of the well. This failure was directly caused by After Hour Plumbing's failure to install a simple and cheap ($20) torque arrestor to prevent the pump from hitting the side of the well during operation. Subsequent discussion with other plumbers and a quick survey on the internet reveals that ANYONE SKILLED IN THE ART OF WELL INSTALLATION KNOWS A TORQUE ARRESTOR IS NEEDED. Additionally, this situation is actually covered under the NC 3 Year Implied Warranty of Workmanlike Construction. In spite of this After Hours Plumbing refused to help me in any way and dismissed the torque arrestor as unnecessary and not covered under their warranty. "Our company is not in the habit of charging people for parts they don't deem necessary nor for labor that is not needed." In my view After Hours Plumbing owes me the $500 I paid to repair the wiring failure and add the ~$20 torque arrestor. Based on my experience and ample time to reflect I would not ever recommend anyone using After Hours Plumbing because they are not knowledgeable enough to properly perform the work and they do not stand behind their work and remediate their mistakes.

Description of Work
Diagnosed pump failure. Replaced everything in my well: pump, pipe, wiring.

Category plumbing,water heater repair

Shamrock Waterproofing

Serving the Triangle area since 1992 Licensed and Insured. Residential and Commercial. Lowest Price Guaranteed. Interior and Exterior Systems. Lifetime Warranty FREE ESTIMATES

Raleigh Plumbing Department

Raleigh Plumbing Department is a modern plumbing company. We understand being punctual, efficient, and courteous is of the upmost importance. We have the experience, equipment, and personnel to handle any job big or small.

Project Services Inc

We know that you are looking for a reliable, Professional contractor to trust with your plumbing, electrical. We want to be that contractor! And now we want to announce that we are installing kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets.

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa

Toilet, Faucet, Drain & waterline repair, Well Pumps, Water Systems, Pressure Tanks, Drain Cleaning, Water Heaters, Tankless Water Heaters, total house re-pipes.

Repair & pumping of septic systems.