Andy On Call

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2006

3.9

1526 W English Road

High Point, NC 27262

Owner operated. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. May contact through email. Additional DBA - Evans Andy On Call LLC....

04/16/2016

Jacqueline G.

THIS IS FOLLOWING THE PREVIOUS REVIEW I JUST LEFT - LEAVING THAT REVIEW I FEAR FOR MY LIFE

Description of Work
MAINTENANCE ON 5 FT X 8FT DECK

04/16/2016

Jacqueline G.

SEE ABOVE - IT WAS HORRIBLE AND THEY STOLE FROM ME

Description of Work
REPAIR DECK - NOT AS LISTED WORK WOULD BE DONE. ESTIMATE OF 3,000 BECAME 10,000 AFTER THEY FINISHED. i PAID FOR EQUIPMENT AND THEY TOOK IT WHEN THEY LEFT, NOT REFUNDING THE MONEY BACK TO ME. WHEN I CALLED TO FILE A COMPLAINT THEY HUNG UP ON ME. SINCE SUBSEQUENTLY I WENT FOR THE FIRST OF THREE MAJOR BACK SURGERIES I WOULD HAVE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB AND ALL THE PAPERWORK AND CHECKS WRITTEN OUT TO THEM.

08/21/2013

Charlotte E.

The guy that I got from ANDY ON CALL was really good. He was real reasonable about what he charged, helpful about helping me do the project, and he made suggestions. I really liked him so I called him back to do another job.

Description of Work
I used ANDY ON CALL for household projects including on the deck.

11/22/2011

Linda E.

Description of Work
We had Andy On Call come out to give us a quote. He was very nice, however, we thought this was an individual "handyman" but found out that it would be (2) men contracted out of a company in Tennessee that actually came and did the work. We thought his quote was high, and fortunately found someone locally that has just finished the job at $350 less than Andy's Handyman quoted. After the contractors we selected had already begun their work, Andy's Handyman called back and said they had looked at their estimate again and thought they could come down $250 on the labor price they had quoted. It is our opinion they should have given us the best price from the beginning.

11/03/2011

Annette S.

Called for a plumbing leak. They couldn't get here the day I called, so we scheduled for the next day between 5pm & 5:30pm. At 5pm the next day I received a call that the job they were one took longer and they would reschedule for the next day. I understand that some jobs do take longer and it's difficult to always plan, but they waited until the 12th hour before calling me and it was impossible for me to get another plumber out that day without paying for the overtime hourly rate.

07/28/2011

Beryl M.

He was very good. He did a great job for me. The price was about the same as everyone else.

Description of Work
Mark came and some plumbing work for me.

07/28/2011

Beryl M.

Description of Work
Mark came and did some plumbing work for me.

Category handyman service, plumbing

09/13/2008

Cynthia S.

He was respectful, they took their shoes off at the door. He wasn't chatty or nosy and the company called us back later and wanted details on how the day went. It wasn't just a if they do ok, let us know-they wanted the whole thing, literally everything.

Description of Work
I had one ceiling fan moved, one installed in it's place.

Category handyman service, ceiling fans

04/09/2008

Donna B.

I called for an estimate to build a wood deck and screened porch. Their selected contractor contacted me and we set up an appointment. The contractor did not show up and when I called him he said he forgot, but did come over within the hour. He spent about 15 minutes with us, wrote nothing down and said he would drop off a design and estimate within a few days. His truck leaked oil all over our driveway. That was 3 weeks ago and we never heard back from him. UNACCEPTABLE.

Description of Work
No services were performed.

02/07/2008

Christopher B.

The estimate went pretty smoothly, and since I was happy with their quote, we scheduled a time that day. Andy-On-Call essentially lets you buy the materials; I picked everything up for the install a few days beforehand. Alternatively, the handyman gave us the option of buying the materials for us, with no mark-up. On the day of the appointment, the handyman called to give me an update on when he would arrive. The installation itself went really smoothly. He put down a drop cloth to catch all of the mess, and the fan/light works well (and appears to be installed correctly). Total install time was probably under two hours, so I think we both profited from the venture.

Description of Work
Andy-On-Call installed a new bathroom exhaust fan, to replace a light fixture. Installation included installing the fan/light combo, duct work for the exhaust, and an exhaust vent in the attic.

Category electrician, lighting, home remodeling

12/31/2007

Thomas W.

The work turned out nice, however, as noted on other comments, the guy would not return phone calls for additional work.

Description of Work
The workman installed all new screening in a approx 12x12 porch. Installed new porch door. Painted trimming.

Category decks

08/22/2007

Adam H.

The handyman Shawn's quote was four to five hours at $60 per hour, stating "my estimates are usually pretty accurate". But the guy took over eleven hours (over two days) to do the work and he didn't even finish. He left several light switches still undone (didn't have the hardware) and one switch only turns on now when another one's down and he couldn't fix the door. I paid him and let him leave anyway because the job had already taken so long that I just wanted him out. This is my second bad handyman experience and I've decided from now on to just save myself the trouble and do the work myself.

Description of Work
The main job that we needed was to have all of our light switches, outlets and covers throughout the entire house replaced with new ones we had already purchased. We also needed a track door fixed.

06/21/2007

S R.

Repeated attempts to get someone to provide an estimate for services failed. There was never anyone to answer calls directly. Voice tag became frustrating. Voice messages left for me stating that I would be contacted were not followed up. What kind of customer service is that?

Description of Work
Gutter repair.

Category gutter repair, handyman service

02/16/2007

KAY W.

Job 1: A free estimate was given as promised, the carpenter arrived when promised for both estimate and job. He was friendly, professional, personable, and he cleaned up after the work well. Job 2: Norman Williams returned after completing another small job we had asked for earlier (both estimates were done at the same time). He arranged for an electrician to come, made multiple trips for supplies and spent the better part of three days working to arrange hook-ups for a washer/dryer placed upstairs. He returned to check the water pressure and secure the exhaust hose for the dryer after the delivery. He was efficient, professional, and careful to clean up all areas after working. The only downside was that the job was a bit more than the estimate, but that had to do with more electrical work that was needed.

Description of Work
Job 1: Two safety bars were installed in the bathtub/shower; this involved carefully working with around 50 year old ceramic tile on the wall where the bars were placed. ($86.) Job 2: Carpentry, plumbing and electrical connections were done in a kitchen in order to place a stacked washer and dryer upstairs. ($800.)

Category home remodeling

08/07/2006

THEY KEPT US WILL INFORMED ON WHAT THEY WERE DOING AND WHAT WAS GOING TO HAVE TO BE DONE. THEY WERE VERY HARD WORKERS AND COMPLETELY PROFESSIONAL THE ENTIRE TIME HE WAS AT THE HOUSE.

Description of Work
THEY LIVING ROOM FLOOR WAS SINKING AND THEY HAD TO REPLACE THE FLOOR SUPPORTS.

Category contractors

GARY K.

I DO NOT HAVE A GOOD OPINION OF THESE PEOPLE. THEIR QUALITY OF WORK IS NOT BAD. THEY ARE VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND HAVE NO TRAINING IN CARPENTRY. I WOULD SAY STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Description of Work
THEY REPAIRED MY PORCH.

08/07/2006

THIS MAN IS VERY GOOD AT THIS JOB. WE WERE SATISFIED WITH THIS WORK AND PROFESSIONALISM. IF I EVER NEEDED ANY ADDITIONAL WORK DONE I WOULD NOT HESITATE TO CALL HIM.

Description of Work
THIS MAN CAME AND INSTALLED A LIGHT FIXTURE. HE DID SOME OTHER THINGS ALSO BUT I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT THEY WERE.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

KRISTINA D.

I'D HAVE TO SAY THAT HE'S A PRETTY NICE GUY, AND HE STICKS TO THE PRICE HE QUOTES YOU. I REALLY CAN'T COMMENT ON HOW GOOD A JOB HE DID BECAUSE IT HASN'T RAINED YET.

Description of Work
HE CLEANED OUR GUTTERS.

Category gutter cleaning

KATE J.

THEY WERE VERY PUNCTUAL IN SHOWING UP TO THE HOME AND GOT THE JOB DONE QUICKLY. THEY ARE EXPERTS AT PLUMBING JOBS AND REALLY SEEMED TO KNOW WHAT THEY WERE DOING.

Description of Work
THEY FIXED A LEAK IN MY BATHROOM PIPES.

08/07/2006

THE JOB THEY DID WAS JUST WONDERFUL. I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THEM. I HAVE RECOMMENDED THEM MANY TIMES TO MANY PEOPLE. THEIR PRICE WAS JUST GREAT, AND I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEM AT ALL.

Description of Work
THEY REPLACED PART OF MY COUNTERTOPS.

Category countertops

06/19/2006

Andy On Call is a very good company. I hired them to install a grab bar in my shower, and it was done to my satisfaction. One problem, I have tried to reach them for another job, however, they have not responded to my calls.

Description of Work
Andy On Call installed a grab bar in my shower.

06/16/2006

SALLY R.

Andy Oncall fixed the floor, but I did not find their work satisfactory. They left a weak spot in the floor, which they should have taken care of before I laid the tile. The floor did not support the tile.

Description of Work
Andy Oncall helped when we remodeled our bathroom. They laid the sub flooring, so I could lay the tile.

Category flooring contractor

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT, NOVEMBER 2007. PLEASE CONTACT US SO THAT WE CAN INSPECT YOUR SITUATION & WORK THIS OUT. 336-373-9898. PLEASE GIVE US A CHANCE TO WORK THROUGH THIS.

06/16/2006

EDWARD D.

Andy's OnCall was a very professional and pleasant company to work with. They were very quick and complete with their work and I was highly satisfied. I would definitely use them for future work.

Description of Work
Andy's on Call tacked on a piece of siding that the wind blew off.

Category siding

06/14/2006

Carla F.

I had a fairly good experience with Andy Oncall Inc. They were professional and courteous, but the quality wasn't that good. The steps are wobbling and warping already. I am getting him to come back and fix that.

Description of Work
Andy rebuilt my deck.

Category decks

G. Garcia Framing

I am Guadalupe Garcia ownerof GarciaFramingInc. I have alot experience to build decks, Framing houses,additions,roofing and shingles installation. I try to help each costumer on the each project try to do each job like my own house.

Gregs Gutter Service

We are a company that is locally owned with a strong commitment to customer service. We do not believe in overselling to our neighbors and believe that quality is the most important thing we have to offer. Greg has been in this business for more than ten years and has lived in this area for all of his life. It is very important that his customers feel that he can be reached at all times for questions or problems. Greg is known by co-workers and his spouse to be a perfectionist. This contributes to his skill at this job, and as customers, you can be assured he will get the job done correctly.

Golden Brush Remodeling

Carpentry, kitchen & bath, painting, vinyl, drywall, ceramic tile, decks, maintenance & repair, fix a fence, caulk a tub, stop a drip, pane a window, grout tile, hang a blind & screen a porch.

FOUNDATION REPAIR.