Tripp's Renovations

Founded 1992 • With Angi since July 2011

4.2

620 N Main St

Hendersonville, NC 28792

We remodel new and old homes with the best workmanship in the area. We offer senoir citizen discounts and are always professional. No job is too big or too small. Estimates are free and so is our advise. We design and build anything imaginable. If you can dream it, we can build it!...

07/18/2021

Roxanne C.

The only words I can come up with is Keystone Cops. Everything that could go wrong, did. Including the billing. Repairs to damage they caused was never corrected, even though promised (quote) 'to protect his reputation'. I was seriously disappointed and could never in good conscience recommend, as I had to fire them to stop the madness. It was the only time in my life I've been screamed at by the owner of a company ( he wanted yet another opportunity to complete the project!) although I believe he was more angry at his own employees than he was at me for firing them. I paid the bill, which was excessive, just to have them gone, then hired a Professional to complete the job.

Description of Work
Screening of existing porch; floor install, ceiling replacement, door changed out.

Category decks,woodworking,sunrooms

As we do with all of our jobs/customers, we set out to do our best to satisfy. From the beginning of the long quote process, till the day that we left the property, this customer could not have been more indecisive and impossible to please. We were more excited in the fact that we were not being asked to not come back. Due to the customer costing us thousands of dollars in indecisiveness, We were left with special orders, unreturnabled, and thousands of dollars in stained wood which she approved and then changed her mind. We were willing to replace all the wood and start over. In good faith we started the job without a signed contract and without a deposit, which we never do... This lesson has been learned! We did ask her to pay for the flooring that was special ordered and sitting in her garage. She was billed appropriately. In over 30 years of my practice I've never had a customer respond the way this one did, in person...The company was willing to take a loss just to make this customer happy. We are ultimately sorry for any misunderstanding, confusion, or inconvenience that we have caused this customer.

06/07/2021

Michael G.

We hired Tripps Renovations to remove and install new siding, gutters, a new roof, paint projects inside and out, and new windows. We were completely satisfied with their work and professionalism. This company was at our house for over a month and the owner was here frequently checking in with us to meet any need we had. On one occasion an employee accidently put a nail through the siding into an electrical wire which caused the electric to shut off. Within hours there was an electrician at our house to fix the issue at no cost. We weren't satisfied with how a post was attached to our house and the owner came out and personally fixed it himself. All the employees were extremely respectful and professional. We will definitely hire them again for our next project.

Description of Work
Multiple projects

Category decks,electrician,lighting,remodeling,house painters,interior painters,doors

We would like to thank the [Member Name Removed] family for having us in their home and trusting in us to perform a multitude of tasks that ultimately resulted in a definite upgrade to their home. We also thought it turned out very nice. Thank you!

01/13/2017

Sheila C.

See above

Description of Work
Tripp provided renovation estimates for two houses. I received other estimates, they were all in the ballpark but Tripp couldn't get started until 4-6 weeks after the others. Let Tripp know I was going with another contractor due to this, Tripp then told me he doesn't do estimates for free, and I needed to send him a check for $175.00. This was the first mention of a charge for providing an estimate. Not a very common business practice, in my opinion.

Category remodeling

Unfortunately we never performed any work for this customer. We provided multiple estimates but never heard back. We even followed up and never heard anything. (This was back in 2016.)

05/10/2016

David W.

Description of Work
The project included complete renovation of two bathrooms, new flooring throughout the house, demo of old fireplace (tile) and rebuild of new fireplace (stone with beam mantle), extension of sunporch to make year-round room, remove popcorn ceiling throughout the house, and extensive painting.

Category cabinet refacing

The [Member Name Removed]'s had us back time and time again, for many yeards, to perform multiple tasks that basically touched every part of their home. They were wonderful to work with and hope that they enjoy many more years of the work that was performed. Thank you [Member Name Removed]'s!

05/05/2016

Agnes M.

Tripp was recommended to me by a mutual acquaintance. He came to my home and assessed what I wanted done, which was to tile my kitchen floor with 13" square ceramic tiles I had already purchased. After we agreed on the particulars of the job and the materials required, he provided an estimate. I agreed to the price via email. He was not able to give me a definite or even an approximate time when he could do the work, just that he was really booked up and it would be a couple weeks before he could even say when the job could be done. I got the feeling my job was small in comparison to what he (acted like he) was used to. But I wondered why he couldn't find a slot for me on his calendar even if it was weeks out. Finally, after an uneasy answer to my text message (namely that I'm home everyday so what do I care when he does the work!!), he scheduled the job, and his two workers each named Mike, completed a beautiful job in 2 1/2 days. Tripp showed up towards the end of the job with my bill all printed out. With no prefacing remark he handed me a bill $175 more than the original agreed upon price. When I asked why, he said Mike & Mike took longer to do my job, and they were paid by the hour. How was that my concern? I didn't delay them in any way. They worked steadily the whole time. Tripp just didn't allow enough labor time in his bid. He mentioned in the bid that the materials price may be different than quoted. He didn't say anything about the labor cost being different. $175 is not a huge deal, but if only he didn't just spring it on me without an explanation. Not real good customer service. I paid the bill and spoke to him later on the phone about it. He finally admitted he didn't handle the increased price very well with me. He said he would return $50. I've yet to see it. The work was excellent in all other respects. Just firm up the price (especially the labor) and the date beforehand.

Description of Work
Installed a ceramic tile floor in my kitchen and adjacent hallway

Category ceramic tile

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your review!

09/21/2015

jerry T.

They did a great job. They were very quick and had a great price.

Description of Work
They did some repair work for my frame.

Category remodeling

We appreciate the 5 star review from Mr. [Member Name Removed]. We had a bit of a challenge but was able to over come the obstacles. Thank you for trusting in us to get it right.

02/17/2014

Jan N.

After a rough start with one employee (who no longer works with Tripp) he was fantastic. Could not have asked for a better more professional job. Plus, after the job was finished, we have remained good friends. In my experience, that doesn't happen very often.

Description of Work
Totally remodeled master bath, master closet, kitchen, installed ceiling fans, solar tubes, moved laundry room, fixed broken lamp, changed light bulbs, assembled knock down furniture.In other words, he did it all.

Category remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling

[Member Name Removed] was wonderful to work with and we enjoyed the project and hope that all is well. What a fun person! Thank you [Member Name Removed]!

12/25/2013

Russ S.

Really was unfortunate as Tripp seemed to be a very nice and knowledgeable person. I ended up doing almost all the work myself and saved a lot of money.

Description of Work
Received a quote. Compared with 2 others. Tripp was the highest.

Category remodeling

We do not even have this customer in our database. It is usually more cost effective to perform your own own work if capable, to save money. NO work was performed for this person... so how can someone leave a review if we didn't perform any tasks?

07/12/2011

DARLA S.

Tripp Jeter's main business is in renovations of existing dwellings. However, he was recommended by person who knew of Tripp's reputation with tackling problems. I needed help with drainage into my garage from a very steep driveway, even though there is a drainage system in place. The rubber on my garage door bottom was wearing out, leaving ample space for LOTS of rain water to come into the garage, even soaking the wall studs next to the doors. The garage-door manufacturer is out of business and no standard or substitute manufacturer rubber pieces would fit the grooves of my door. Having been 'taken' by several contractors on the house work I have had done, I was hesitant to try another contractor, but I called Jeter and hoped. He responded quickly. After deliberating a couple of possible options, I showed him a product I found online and asked his opinion on using it to block the water. It is a vinyl piece has a small ridge in the middle of it. The ridge is designed to fit just inside the door base when it is on the ground. Jeter thought it would work, so I ordered the product and called Jeter when it arrived. He came within a few days to cut, position, and glue down the strip for me. He also replaced a couple of the rubber strips that go up the sides of the garage door entry. We kept the old rubber on the bottom of the door as it is still enough to cushion and help seal when the door sits down on the vinyl strip. So far, after several big storms, the water has stayed out of the garage!! In talking with Jeter I learned of the extensive and varied work he does around Hendersonville. I would have used him on my house renovations if I had known of him sooner. He is a professional young man, punctual, good attitude, and tackled this job even though it wasn't a 'big' job.

Category garage doors

I really appreciate the time you spent on witing these wonderful compliments about us. We strive to be the best and do our best. Its customers like yourself that keep us busy year round! Thank You.

Footprints Floors of Asheville

Committed to PROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE unheard of in the flooring installation industry. You deal directly with only one person during the whole process -- from estimate to finish. All of our crews have at least 5 to 10 years of experience. We offer flooring installation and refinishing services in Asheville and the surrounding areas to help you get the perfect look. Because floors are all that we do... we do them best!

Offers by Footprints Floors of Asheville on Angi
    High country flooring LLC

We specializes in re-coat, sanding and finish wood floors We also install vinyl, laminate and hardwood floors. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

Pisgah Roofing & Restoration

We're here to help! The roofing company to suit our clients needs, dreams & budgets while providing world class customer service as an educator, adviser & helper to our clients. In doing so we stand behind our work with a full company backed 5 year warranty on our workmanship, that is in addition to the manufactures warranty. Owner, Jack Bassett, has over 10 years experience in the roofing industry with strong expertise in metal, shingle and flat roofing applications & systems. Let Us Be Your Local Go To For Your Roofing Needs. Residential & Light Commercial Roofing - Schools, Strip-malls & Multi-family (apartments, duplexes & condos). New, Replacements and Repairs.

Offers by Pisgah Roofing & Restoration on Angi

Residential renovations, additions, patios, decks, kitchen and bath remodels, tile, hardwood installations, custom painting & trim work, interior & exterior repairs.