Smart Repairs

Founded 2008 • With Angi since January 2012

1084 North Ridge Road

Hendersonville, NC 28792

We are a small group of professional craftsmen priding ourselves on the quality of the work we do. CALL (828) 696-4811

12/07/2021

Diane D.

I ordered a Sunsetter awning from Smart Repair. They ordered the wrong size and installed it on my house. I have been trying to get the awning replaced for 2 months. I am getting the run around and now no one will return my calls. Then I found out that this “deal” was almost twice the going rate for a similar product!! DON’T USE THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU HAVE PATIENCE AND MONEY TO BURN!! Edit: This is part 2 of my previous review of Smart Repairs. All of my paperwork says I ordered an awning from Sunsetters. After trying to resolve my original issue with the awning being too short, I find out that my awning isn't a Sunsetter awning at all but from a different company that I never heard of or was told of!!! FRAUD!! I am still playing phone tag with the owner- he is always out of the office and won't return my calls. I was told from another worker that the offer to refund my money was rescinded since I wrote negative reviews about the company. So now they are strong arming me and doing consumer fraud!!! AVOID THIS COMPANY!!

Description of Work
Sunsetter Awning

Category awnings

07/19/2018

Paul H.

Extremely well. I have used Smart Repairs many times throughout the years,and I will continue to go to them for my home improvements. Monty ,and his crew, have raised the bar to the meaning of Integrity, Honesty, Dependability, Reliability, Professionalism, and Quality workmanship. Many times I have called Monty for his knowledge and advice for the reasons mentioned above. I can't say enough about Smart Repairs, they have always been there for me, and for their valued customers I would Highly recommend Smart Repairs,especially if you are thinking about a deck, or awnings. Be smart, get it done right the first time.

Description of Work
home improvement

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Thanks [Member Name Removed], Just read your review after all this time. Hope your new home serves you well!

07/06/2018

John S.

I called and left a voice mail message asking to be called back to let me know when they might be able to give an estimate. Monty called back right away and left his own voice mail message to let me know that since they are already serving as many people as they can, they will not be taking on any new customers at this time. I returned his call to let him know I did very much appreciate his letting me know about Smart Repairs' inability to fit us in due to a backlog at his shop.

Description of Work
Screen replacement

Category screen repair

06/28/2018

Linda G.

Three weeks after our initial call to Smart Repairs (Monty Shelton), Greg Smith came out to give us an estimate. At that time, he took up several tiles on the screened porch floor (exposing it to rain/moisture coming thru the door/screen. He told us he would e-mail an estimate within 5 -6 days. We have never gotten an estimate. The flooring which was underneath the tile he removed is still exposed. We have called Greg Smith several times -- our calls go to voice mail. He has never returned our call in the 6 weeks or so since he came to our home. We have also called and spoken to Monty Sheldon. He promises to talk to Greg Smith and call us back. Despite promises, neither Monty Sheldon nor Greg Smith have ever returned our calls. This has been a huge waste of time for us -- no estimate, no work done, just tiles stacked up which were removed from the floor by Greg Smith.

Description of Work
gutter cleaning and repair. Repair/replace tile floor on screened porch.

Category decks, gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service

06/24/2017

Kevin D M.

Quick, responsive service on both projects. Very satisfied. Will definitely use again. Thanks.

Description of Work
Re-do landing steps off of deck + light electrical.

Category electrician, deck cleaning

05/26/2017

larry K.

Did not show up for appt. for estimate. Need someone reliable.

Description of Work
Called no one answered, but month called me back and made appt. for 5/26/17 at 11:00am , he was a no show and never called, that probably reflects his work too. No need to call me now will call someone that is reliable.

Category decks, handyman service, screen repair, deck cleaning, doors

05/14/2017

Kevin D M.

I could not be more pleased and will definitely call Smart Repairs as more on my "honey do" list surfaces. Thanks for your quality work, your professionalism and care. A++ rating [from Jackson Loop Rd., Flat Rock, NC].

Description of Work
I called Smart Repairs to determine if they could repair/enhance my four landings at the bottom of my deck. Greg, their cost estimator, was at the house within 4-hours to look at the project and give me a fair market quote. 2-days later, Monty called to inform me that his 2-man crew would be there to do the job within 45-minutes. Just excellent service.

Category decks, handyman service, deck cleaning

01/27/2017

jason W.

I am writing this review because I'm having to replace everything they did. The flooring has separated leaving gaps throughout the entire job. They did not put the toilet back right which caused a slow leak. Had to replace the subfloor and all the flooring in the bathroom. Instead of replacing the wood on the porch like they quoted they used bondo to fill-in rotten places and painted over it. They did a terrible job painting. They painted all my windows completely shut as well. I Had to have someone come in and rebuild all the railings for my front porch because they were so rotten. I still need somebody to replace the flooring they did throughout the rest of the house. I called them several times to get them to come out and fix things and he sent one guy one time and he put some more paint on the porch lol, basically nothing. Monty dodged all my calls after that. Don't waste your money with this company.

Description of Work
Flooring in kitchen bathroom and foyer. Painted windows and wrapped wood with aluminum. Repair rotten front porch railings.

09/21/2016

Elizabeth Y.

Excellent! I am very happy to have found Smart Repairs. Monty provided outstanding service and the work completed was of superb quality. Planning the next project.

Description of Work
Back Deck Work

Category decks, handyman service, deck cleaning, interior painters

09/12/2016

Joseph D.

Fine, work was done neatly and timely. Finished floor looked brand new.

Description of Work
Front porch refinished, hardwood floor and front doors sanded and refinished.

05/02/2016

Billy S.

Monty and his crew were informative, responsive, on-time and very polite. Work was done well and looks great. Definitely experts in their craft. I would definitely use Smart Repairs in the future.

Description of Work
Deck repair and deck stairs.

04/19/2016

James H.

I had several fence posts that had insect damage. I had 2 fence doors that would not open easily. Contractor dug out the old posts and replaced them.

Description of Work
Repaired fence posts and fence door

Category fencing, handyman service, doors

02/04/2016

Marcia S.

Monty quickly responded to my email request for an estimate on Jan. 11. The estimator, Greg, arrived the next day right on time and took measurements of my porch to be re-screened. He said that he would get back to me with a proposal to do the job and allow me to choose which type of screen would be best for our porch. That is the last I heard from Smart Repairs. I did send a follow-up email request 7 or 8 days later, with no response.

Description of Work
Smart Repairs failed to provide me with requested proposal to re-screen my porch.

Category handyman service, screen repair

12/28/2015

Aaron T.

They were helpful in referring us to alternative locations such as Blue Ridge Appliance.

Description of Work
Provider does not provide services on washing machines as indicated on Angie's List.

Category appliance repair

11/16/2015

James M.

Monty was professional and punctual. He did great work for a great price. Thanks again.

Description of Work
Siding, insulation, interior moulding and trimwork

11/10/2015

Yoav G.

The roof had a 10 year warranty on it. I need him to come out to do some repairs but he is not answering the phone.

Description of Work
They came out to put on a new roof and gutter repair.

10/05/2015

R Scott E.

The work occurred as scheduled and was completed quickly. During a quality check in which they reviewed their work, a split board was found and replaced. The carport required some creativity and a great solution was found. I recommend Monty and have used them on 2 occasions.

Description of Work
They built a 10x20 deck plus a carport with a concrete floor. Monte made suggestions leading to design improvements and has been particularly helpful with accessibility improvements.

Category decks, handyman service, woodworking

Not often do I have time to respond to the generous appreciation shown for Smart Repairs on A.L. But the Ewings are my kind of customers. [removed member's name] clearly explained to meet the challenges he faced with his new home and was open to suggestions. Even when things did not turn out "just right" [removed member's name] again simply shared with me and gave me the opportunity to make his project "perfect" for his family. There is allot to say about good communication and collaboration on a project. Monty Shelton

09/25/2015

Joe F.

Very punctual and great communication. Work was good and the few concerns I had were dealt with promptly.

Description of Work
Built a deck, framed some outside windows, installed storm doors

Category decks, handyman service, replacement windows, doors

" Steel Sharpens Steel" Thanks [removed member's name]!

09/16/2015

Arthur F.

Monty's team were fast and efficient with all the repairs they did for me. They also gave me pointers on how to do minor repairs myself. They are an A+++ company..

Description of Work
Monty's team built a roof over our front porch. They did an excellent job, the team was very Professional and cleaned the yard of all I highly recommend their Business.

Category handyman service

As always , "Thank You Mr. [Member name removed]" for the generous praise of our company. Hopefully we merit every word of your review. Monty

05/24/2015

Judith P.

Monty Shelton, owner, returned my call promptly. It was the start of the holiday weekend, but he was able to work with me to get the job done. James Layell came out, diagnosed the problems and changed out both fans in a timely and professional manner. I had to run buy the 2nd fan after he diagnosed the issue. It worked out well and helped me a lot. The new fans are working just fine.

Description of Work
I needed 2 ceiling fans replaced.and needed it done as soon as possible.

Category electrician, handyman service

One of my personal favorite reviews. It is really nice to read a review when a customer appreciates the length we go to in order to produce the results we are known for. There is so much behind the scenes that few are aware of. As always we appreciate the recognition.

05/04/2015

Nancy C.

They get all “A’s”. They are wonderful people and very helpful. They guide you in what you need. They are excellent in what they did for me. They knew what they were doing and knew how to do it. They were on time. Their price was reasonable. I will put them on my list.

Description of Work
We have used Smart Repairs.

Category deck cleaning

04/17/2015

Paul H.

As usual, smart repair responded quickly to my need, and as usual they were on time. They are very professional, taking the time to evaluate the situation, ask questions, prior to making the repair. I usually get a follow-up call to be sure there are no unforeseen problems. I'm a stickler for professionalim, honesty, integrity, and communication, I cannot give Smart Repair enough praise. Every job they have done for me has contained all of the above mentioned attributes. Thanks again Monty for another job well done. There is no doubt I will call them again.

Description of Work
Reported an electrical problem

03/24/2015

M. James B.

Excellent. Prompt, efficient, professional. Several helpful suggestions. Done ontime and at cost.

Description of Work
2nd story deck expansion and under deck waterproofing

02/02/2015

Lisa R.

It went perfectly!! Showed up promptly on time every single day. They designed the table to match the rest of my deck. And even though I thought the work was perfect, he was not happy with it and came back again to do some extra work on the project. They were courteous and perfect gentlemen.

Description of Work
Built a custom table to hold my Big Green Egg. Also I stalled some outdoor lighting

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting

01/10/2015

Catherine M.

It went very well and there were no extra charges. They inspected the house's residential gutters, they cleaned them out and they gave me feedback on whether I would need any new gutters and it turns out I didn't. They came out around February or March. Their delay was based on weather issues and stuff so it was fine. They were professional, prompt, they did what they said they were going to do and provided good information as to whether or not I needed anything else for my gutters.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal coupon from Smart Repairs for gutter cleaning, roof debris removal and a gutter tuneup.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

Pressley Pressure Washing LLC

We are a locally owned and operated company that values honesty, integrity, and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer power washing and gutter cleaning services. You will find us to be competitively priced, paying close attention to the details of each and every project that we are involved with. We look forward to building lasting relationships, and guarantee your satisfaction!

Papertown Powerwash, LLC

2022 Super Service Award

We Are The Light

We Are The Light is the Carolinas trusted outdoor lighting company. Illuminating your home or office with outdoor LED lighting is one of the best ways to both enhance and secure your home or business. Each home and office is unique and so should the approach to enhance your property. With our no cost evaluation we will do a comprehensive review of your property while considering many aspects from hardscape and softscape lighting, architectural accents and of course security. Combined with state of the art low voltage LED fixtures and the depth of our lighting design team, we will elevate your property to a new place that will cause your property to come to life each and every evening.

Yes - within 18 miles of 28792
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

A home repair company from the Honey Do list to building an addition on your house. We are also authorized SunSetter Awning Dealer/Installers the perfect deck or patio accessory. We have added Installation of Safeway Steps to services. See our website for more info.

We do not offer masonry or carpet services.