Triad Roofing Services

Founded 1999 • With Angi since June 2006

3012 S Elm Eugene St

Greensboro, NC 27406

The cost of your job is determined by the type of job, materials and labor. GAF Certified Weather Stoppers Roofing Contractor, GAF Certified Green Roofer, HAAG Certified BBB A+ Rating Member. Credit Cards are accepted through PayPal and a 3% service charge is added to total that is charged. Now offering financing through Wells Fargo Home Projects Visa card. Award winning. Additional contact names - Derek Caperton (Crew Leader) Brandi Young(Office Manager),...

11/30/2020

robert H.

Work was performed in a satisfactory manner and bill was paid. However when I called to have them look at another small repair they never called back even after two calls.

Description of Work
loose cedar shake shingles replaced

Category contractors, roofing

When I spoke with you on 11/10 you were going to send a picture of the area of siding that blew off of your outhouse, but I never received a picture. With all that's been going on with the storms in the area we have been really busy so to be honest this wasn't a top priority, being a shed/outhouse. When I didn't receive the picture, I thought perhaps you already had it taken care of. I'm sorry about any confusion. We do feel that this is an unfair review, because the work we did perform, you said you were satisfied with and didn't warrant a "D".

09/25/2020

Katherine W.

It was done in a timely manner. The clean up was well done.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof on our house, garage & shop.

Category roofing, chimney caps

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure working with you!

04/21/2019

Carl G.

I went by the word of mouth on how great they were in 2014 and had the roof done in the fall of 2014 by them and as I can remember they charged about the same as their estimate. I called them back in the spring of 2016 due to roof leaking in one spot. They came out and told us the gutters were not cleaned out and as I can remember they cleaned one section of gutters and sent me a bill for $125.00. When I complained about being charged they cancelled the billing. But they did not fix the leak as it continued to leak each down poor. In the fall of 2018 two trees of mine came down on the roof and the insurance company came out and gave me an estimate on removing the two trees and re doing the roof . It took about 60 % of the roof when the trees came on the roof. Triad Roofing came out and estimated the cost at about the same as the insurance company so I told them to do the project. Their employees came out mid November 2018 and re roofed. By the way they claimed not to be able to speck English and left the day after putting on the shingles on the roof. I asked when they were going to complete the job and they told me no speck English and left. I then checked on their work and noticed some of the wood was not replaced and could rain into the house. A couple of days later I voice mailed a message to them that the work was not completed and that a leak had started where they had worked. I believe Travis came out and checked every thing in my message including the new leak and the leak from 2014-2016. He could not find the new leak and fixed finally the old leak.I received a bill for the full amount the end of February, 2019. I called and left a message for Travis that the rear gutter was not replaced nor the leaf guards. The leaf guards the employees took with them had not been replaced. He called and said the gutter only cost $4.00 a foot and would issue a reductions on the bill. I told him the gutter and leaf guards would cost more and was told not to indicate his employees stole the leaf guards. I told him I was paying the entire bill and he hung up on me. This is way I am unable to give them a good review.

Description of Work
They did a complete roofing job in the fall of 2014 and then a 60 % re roofing in fall 2018

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair, house painters

12/13/2018

John L.

After contacting several roofing companies, Triad was the only company that gave us a detailed quote, and worked with us on getting the right product. About 12 roof companies either walked away because they could not handle it, or just never returned calls. I worked with Travis from start to finish, and he was very responsive and professional. Not one of the other roofing companies was even close to this professionalism. Skywalker Roofing, also in Greensboro, would only give a verbal quote, and then never responded when I asked for further details in a written quote. Also Skywalker came out and said they could do the chimney, but when they gave the final quote, they said they could not do the chimney. Challenge: The house is 7500 square foot, with 3 chimneys--one which is very complex and required major restoration. Triad was the only company that even suggested the right solution for the chimney. The roof deck has insulation foam board between the plywood and the shingles. This was challenging to nail correctly. The crew would have to travel over an hour each way to get to the job site. This would also make the job more complicated and time consuming. The Product: We ended up selecting a lifetime roof by GAF. We had a wood shake roof so selected the GAF Glendale Ultra Premium Designer Series. Color is Dusky Grey. It is the thickest on the market, and the pattern looks much more like wood shakes than the CertainTeed Presidential Shake. Overall, the quality of the roofing product is amazing. To get the lifetime warranty, we also got the TimberTex, Cobra Ridgevent, Weatherblocker. and a premium polypropylene underlayment. Scheduling: Summer and early fall 2018 was very wet so that kept pushing the schedule. Otherwise, I felt that they did a good job of scheduling and completing the job timely, but I do think they had some resource capacity issues. I attribute this, however, to the unusual rain patterns we had been having. The project: Total cost was $41,100. These are the heaviest shingles and shingle packages that Triad had ever dealt with. Because of the house/roof design, this was like doing 3 houses, and the chimney restoration was a big risk for them to take on. Triad sent an awesome crew and even with issues from the current leaking and chimney, everything ended up perfect. We have had the chimney tarped for 13 years. No more. Leaks are a thing of the past. The roof looks amazing. We just had a 17" snow storm and several major rain storms and all is well. I would certainly recommend Triad as the best residential roofing company for high-end designer roofs, and complex installations. If you need chimney restoration, you will be hard pressed to find a roofing company that will take on the challenge.

Description of Work
Full roof replacement and chimney restoration

Category masonry, roofing, chimney caps, chimney repair

03/11/2018

James T.

Triad Roofing Services were very simple to work with. I was able to maintain contact via email because I work nights and sleep during the day. They worked around my schedule and were flexible to my needs. Even though the work was done in winter time and had to be delayed a couple of times due to weather they still let me choose the start day of installation, then were able to complete the job in one day, including clean up. I spoke to them in advance about that this was an insurance claim, and they were very understanding, and performed the work before ever getting a check. They offered and explained the upgrade options in advance and brought samples to my house allowing us to choose a color out of a fairly good selection. Overall the roof looks great after completion and has held up quite well through a bit of snow and some day long rain events. We have been nothing but pleased with the entire process.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

03/04/2018

David J.

Would not recommend unless you want damage to the interior of your home done and then have the not take responsibility for the damage done. The home was painted prior to the roof being replaced. They dropped 90 lbs shingles on the roof from a height of 4 feet cause the drywall tape seams to split and nail pops to occur in multiple locations. They have my grandmother who is 85 years old stressed to no return. I WOULD NOT USE THEM. We are sending them the balance of the bill due less the repair bill. I have also contacted a real estate attorney. This review is not bashing there ability to properly install a roof. It is how they treat there clients. Be aware that the may try scare tactics and send you a bill 3 months after the fact stating that 18% interest will be applied to the unpaid bill. If you hire this company I recommend having a good attorney.

Description of Work
New roof installed.

False! False! False! This review is completely inaccurate from start to finish. The issues lie with the sub-par quality of workmanship of the painting done approximately one month prior to the roof replacement. The homeowner has now chosen a different painting company to fix the problems they are blaming on us. We recently completed a town-home community of 240,000 sq ft with-out any issues. Please read our other reviews from actual homeowners to get a true sense of the company we are.

09/25/2017

Allen M.

I had both of my houses done. They did an excellent job. They were very professional. I was very happy with their services.

Description of Work
They did my roof. They installed the catch gutters and all of that stuff.

Category gutter repair, roofing

09/25/2017

Allen M.

They run a pretty tight operation. They are on the high end about $4000 or $5000. I have a 35 year warranty. It was about $1200 just for gutters. They put them right in and came back out because it wasn't quite right. He adlusted it a couple of times, there was a leak and they came back out after that because they wanted to get it right. The price was expensive, it was high. I got to pick out my own shingles.

Description of Work
They replaced a roof and gutters in my second home.

09/20/2017

Jeff A.

Roger Hicks was excellent started went he said he would, And completed the job when he said very professional his work was second to none and ended up doing a house for my father-in-law. I also told him he could use me as a reference anytime.

Description of Work
New Roof installed

07/26/2017

David D.

Excellent Good communicator - kept me up to date on arrival time. Did good work for good value - what more do you want?

Description of Work
Per home inspection, had 2-3 roof vents replaced, new powered roof exhaust fan installed - I purchased my own unit, he just installed it. Good communicator - kept me up to date on arrival time. Did good work for good value - what more do you want?

07/19/2017

ROBERT R.

No problems at all. They came out, told me exactly what work was to be performed. A schedule was agreed to and they arrived on time. They did a great job and I was very satisfied with the results.

Description of Work
Roof to be pressure washed.

Category roof cleaning

07/05/2017

Joey P.

Nice installation job and excellent clean up.

Description of Work
Removed old roof and installed new roof

07/05/2017

Marco D.

The workers were on time every day and worked hard to get the job completed on schedule. The worker were very conscientious of doing good quality work. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
I had a new roof installed.

05/18/2017

Virginia M.

The repair team was efficient and finished in less than an hour.

Description of Work
We wanted to get our roof checked after a recent hail storm. We called one day and the company estimator showed up the next day. We did not need a new roof, but did have a couple of torn shingles and the rubber flashing needed to be replaced around the pipes on the roof. They showed up 2 weeks later to do the repairs which I thought was pretty responsive considering this is the busy roofing season and our repairs were minor compared to replacing an entire roof.

03/30/2017

Sherelle F.

They were very staffed and they were very thorough. The estimate was between $8,000 and $10,000. I have a very big roof. For price, they're in the range of the other places. They're on the higher range of the middle range. It was very clear and they have check-boxes that they used. The whole estimate contract was very clear. They were very fast. They are very punctual.

Description of Work
I'm pretty sure that they came out to do an estimate. The estimate to replace the metal panels, front valence, additional $700, to replace new skylights, I asked about skylights, I have about 5 skylights, $650 per skylight. Metal panels, the front of my roof goes up into like a pine cone and that's all metal. The end of the metal, the pointy part, goes up into a point. To replace that part of the roof it's $700 or they could just do the whole roof without doing that part of the roof. With the pine cone, it was $9200, but they didn't do any financing, that may have been the reason why, then. Yeah, I don't think they had financing.

01/16/2017

Cynthia R.

Excellent. No problems for either job.

Description of Work
I had a complete roof and gutter replacement on one house, and two shed roofs and two roof repairs on a second house.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you for your review [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate the feedback and please keep us in mind for future projects!

11/20/2016

sharron J.

Left nails in driveway; dirty white pipes (assumed from dirty hands). I did contact the company and did receive an apology.

Description of Work
Roof inspection / replaced rubber footings.

Thank you for your feedback [Member Name Removed]!

10/31/2016

Tung N.

When fine finish on time there. There were some mistakes but they did came back out and fixed it

Description of Work
did two jobs one for commercial and the other resisdental

Thanks for your review! We appreciate the feedback and are glad everything was taken care of!

10/26/2016

Mary S.

It was fine. They were on time. They were very courteous. They did the job quickly. They cleaned up.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Triad Roofing Services.

We appreciate the positive feedback! Let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future!

10/19/2016

Virginia H.

It was positive. I was pleased with their presentation. They gave me a more detailed estimate than the two companies that I talked with. The work was perfectly satisfactory. Price was mid-range. They were punctual.

Description of Work
They did some gutter work. We had a puncture in the flat roof and I think they were checking on that. They did the gutters.

Category gutter repair

Thank you so much for your review [Member Name Removed]!

09/19/2016

Joey P.

Triad Roofing crew was great to deal with and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Old roof was removed and new roof was put in its place

[Member Name Removed], We really appreciate the positive feedback! It's always nice to hear the customer was pleased!

09/19/2016

Irving B.

Very pleased. Travis (owner) conducted thorough inspection & provided estimate. A professional crew led by Derrick arrived on time and quickly and professionally did work.

Description of Work
Leak identification & repair + removal of no longer need roof vent.

Thank you so much for your review! It was our pleasure!

08/01/2016

Christopher T.

They did not show up to look at the roof.

Description of Work
Twice now, I have called to get Triad Roofing out to look at a roof leak problem. They say they are coming and then don't show up. I'll be trying someone new this time. Showing up is job one.

06/09/2016

Clifford C.

Derek was very professional and work was done in timely manner.

Description of Work
Replace vent seals and cover and fixed ridge vent

So glad to hear from a customer that they had a professional experience and are pleased with the work!

04/20/2016

Tanaz S.

Great job, worked performed on time as promised in a timely fashion by Derrick from Triad Roofing. Would recommend to others and will plan on using them when my roof needs to be replaced.

Description of Work
Repaired missing shingles that had been blown off by recent high winds

That's great!! Glad we could get out there and fix the problem, Thank you!!