Precision Garage Door

Founded 2002 • With Angi since August 2006

Award winning. Same day/24-hour emergency service available. The highest quality garage door parts and accessories available in the garage door industry. Certified technicians, fully stocked trucks. Precision Door Service has more than 20 years of professional experience in garage door installation

New Residential DoorPrecision Door Wireless Exterior KeypadVehicle Wireless Remote

garage doors (174)door installation (4)HVAC Companies (1)

09/18/2021

Ray K.

Spring broke around noon on Friday. I called Precision who last worked on our garage doors in 2011. Made an appt. for Saturday between 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m. Got a call from Alex Martin of Precision about 10:00 a.m. and said he could come earlier if that was okay. I said yes. 30 minutes later Alex came did an inspection and then the work to replace the springs and do other maintenance. The Springs were replaced a no cost as they were under a lifetime warranty. I did not realize the springs were under warranty. Great news on a Saturday! I love Precision!

Description of Work
Replace Broken Springs for a double garage door.

Cost $173.47

Work Completed On 09/18/2021

09/28/2020

T L K.

I contacted PRECISION Garage Door, and got a quote from them later that day from $623 + tax for a belt driven opener.

Description of Work
New Garage Door Opener Replacement

Category garage doors, doors

Cost $623.75

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

Thank you for this feedback. While our garage door openers may not be the least expensive, they are the quietest and most reliable on the market. Additionally, the lifetime warranty on the motor and belt gives you peace of mind from knowing that any issues will be promptly resolved. We appreciate the opportunity to quote on your project! Best regards, Michelle Moss, Precision Garage Door Service

07/16/2020

Deborah C.

Repair work was professional and timely. I am very satisfied with job.

Description of Work
Repair garage door

Category garage doors, doors

Work Completed On 07/16/2020

Thank you for this feedback! We're so glad to hear that you're pleased with the work! Best regards, Michelle Moss, Precision Garage Door Service

10/23/2019

Cynthia S.

I was very impressed with Precision from start to finish. Their people showed up when they said they would, including the person who came to give me the estimate. They were friendly and professional, getting the door replaced in just under three hours. The old door had actually been screwed to the frame and that didn't slow them down. I was also impressed with the turn around time. I got the quote on Friday afternoon, late, called them on Monday to discuss the cost, and they had the door replaced the next day. They were a bit more expensive than the other two quotes I received, but I decided to go with them because they seemed to be worth the extra cost. The door looks good, opens and closes smoothly and quietly, and I would definitely recommend them. To: Angie's List - please decide if it's appropriate to include the following and feel free to delete it if you think it is not. I recently worked with another contractor who sent two workmen to my house who spoke no English. I speak no Spanish, so it was frustrating. I appreciate that these workmen were very easy to communicate with.

Description of Work
I needed a single door on a free standing garage replaced.

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

Thank you for this wonderful feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you are impressed with the work and the entire process was smooth and efficient. We truly appreciate your business and recommendation!

02/27/2019

Sara T.

They never responded to my RFQ. I can't give them an F on responsiveness because I didn't give them much time to respond but a simple acknowledgement that they received my RFQ and were working on it would have been nice. Instead, "fixed and dilated." So I gave 'em a "D" and left everything else N/A. P.S. it made me pick an overall rating so I picked "C" since I don't know their work.

Description of Work
Garage door replacement, urgently.

Work Completed On 02/26/2019

11/11/2018

Patricia C.

needed remote. installed, excellent service

Description of Work
garage opener

Work Completed On 11/11/2018

11/02/2018

Elliott C.

Perfect. Made inquiry via Angie’s List and received a phone call from the company within 15/30 minutes. Scheduled an appointment. Arrived on time and performed the work requested without issue.

Description of Work
Reset garage door on pulley and install new keypad

Work Completed On 11/02/2018

10/27/2018

Rick J.

I explained exactly what we needed done and the name and model of our garage door opener. Christine said "yes, we do repairs on that brand". When the repairman came, he knew nothing of what we called for. After he looked at it he said he would have to replaced the whole mechanism, which would be costly. Not just the rope. So it cost us $58 for nothing. Christine should have communicated with the repairman and he would have known this model was not an easy fix.

Description of Work
Emergency rope needed replaced

Work Completed On 10/27/2018

05/14/2018

Betsey G.

Adam was very professional, honest and knowledgeable. He called ahead to make sure it was ok to come a little bit early. Answered all questions and his work was excellent.

Description of Work
Cable had broken on garage door opener and several other parts were compromised

Cost $195.25

Work Completed On 05/14/2018

04/19/2018

JANA P.

Door works well, options explained,

Description of Work
New springs, rollers, overhaul and inspect

Work Completed On 04/04/2018

04/07/2018

Thomas C.

Kevin was very punctual and polite. He went right to work replacing the tension cables and readjusting the door. In and out in approximately 45 minutes. In my opinion the price was a little bit on the high side.

Description of Work
Needed garage door leveled and we had a frayed cables.

Work Completed On 04/05/2018

03/16/2018

Michael T.

I am building a 12 foot by 12 foot shed. I wanted to install an 96 inch (8 foot) wide x 84 inch (7 foot) high garage door, insulated, 4 raised panel per section with an exterior handle and locking mechanism. I call Precision Overhead Garage Door of Greensboro in order to obtain a quote, and rough opening dimensions. I informed the phone representative that I was doing a cost analysis to determine if it was more cost effective to have them install the door I wanted, or to buy a door kit at Lowe's and install a side entrance door as well. I informed her that I could not lay the block foundation until I received a quote to compare as I would have to leave an opening for a side door if necessary. I submitted an online quote request on 13MAR2018. I received a call back within the hour. I informed the phone rep of my needs and was told that I would be receiving a call from the local tech the next day. on 14MAR2018 at 7:51 AM another phone rep called stating that they had received my online quote request. I told her that I had already spoken to someone the night before and that I was waiting on a call from the local tech. I never received the call from the tech. On 15MAR2018 I called them again and asked why I had not received a call from with a price quote. I was told that an attempt had been made to contact me. I told the rep that was not true as I had my phone in my possession all day and they never called. She placed me on a "high priority" list and that I should have receive a call on the 16th. I never did. I called them tonight (16MAR2018) and let them know that I found their lack of follow up as unprofessional. I also told her that it was obvious that they did not want my business, I also told her that if anyone asked me for a referral, I would have to be honest and not recommend them. I finally asked that they call as I was no longer interested in their service.

Description of Work
Price quote for 8 foot garage door

Work Completed On 03/16/2018

02/16/2018

Jaron C.

Technician did a thorough job and gave thorough and friendly responses to my questions. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced broken spring, bearings, cables, and rollers

Work Completed On 02/16/2018

01/09/2018

pramod S.

Good, was able to fix the problem, explain it and discuss cost

Description of Work
Garage door was not moving up or down

Work Completed On 01/09/2018

11/20/2017

Angela H.

Very well. Prompt service performed quickly.

Description of Work
Replace the outside keypad that opens door.

Work Completed On 11/20/2017

10/01/2017

David C.

I thought they were a little over priced. They were very professional. I would probably not use them again just because of the price.

Description of Work
Garage door opener repair. I had a cable snap.

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

09/13/2017

Peter B H.

Excellent! Technician was onsite within 2 hours of my call. Work was completed in less than 30 minutes. Unquestionably the best service interaction I've experienced in more than a decade. He was exceeding pleasant, personable and professional. Two doors adjusted and serviced including a thorough coating of silicone and a roller replacement. I will pass along my experience to the next owners of this house and to my real estate broker for inclusion in their list of suppliers. I recommend this service company without reservation. The cost included a discount as an Angie's List member.

Description of Work
Two doors needs adjustment. One required a new roller.

Work Completed On 09/13/2017

09/05/2017

Bill G.

Roman was great. We'll definitely use again

Description of Work
Garage Door Tune-up

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

06/17/2017

MICHAEL T.

The Tech came out within 45 minutes of calling the job in. He looked things over and gave me an estimate. In an hour he was done and leaving. The door now works fine.

Description of Work
Replaced a bracket, roller, and torsion spring cable repair. Aligned everything and checked out.

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

05/06/2017

Lee Ann B.

They did a good job. We did shop around and compared prices and they were very competitive. I was very pleased.

Description of Work
We got our new garage doors from them.

Work Completed On 05/06/2012

03/27/2017

Harold G.

Precision Overhead Garage Door completed the job as expected in a professional manner. They came out the same day to assess the damage, provide a quote and get the door back on track. Once the door arrived, they replaced the panel. We recommend and would do business again with this company.

Description of Work
Needed to have our garage door placed back on track, readjusted, and the bottom door panel replaced after an incident of running into the door with our vehicle.

Cost $460.04

Work Completed On 03/16/2017

02/28/2017

Trish I.

Very well, the tech came out promptly, knew what he was doing & fixed my problem.

Description of Work
Rollers had come off of track