Overhead Door Co of Greensboro

Founded 1972 • With Angi since June 2006

3001 Flagstone Dr

Greensboro, NC 27406

25 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. No service charges. Extra charge for after hours service. Emergency service offered for commercial work only. Additional email - cgarnett@ohdgboro.com. Additional contact name - Christina Garnett.

10/16/2017

Jason M.

It was okay. The price was very fair and product was excellent. There has been a little bit of confusion on one of my doors. It was sent with a dent and they have been working to replace it.

Description of Work
They took out the old garage doors and put in 2 new ones and replaced all of the tracks due to storm damage.

08/25/2017

Nero H.

The gentlemen was very professional. He offered to do things that was more economical than what had been offered by other companies.

Description of Work
They gave us new controllers, and put up a new keypad. They made sure everything was in working order.

08/25/2017

Nero H.

We had three quotes, and they were by far the cheapest. He came and told me what it was, and I told him to go ahead and fix it. Whatever they quoted, was about $160. They gave me the quote, and they came that day. I told them to do the work, ti was the lowest quote when he gave it to me. He had the stuff right there. He was efficient. I asked if they could do it today, he said, sure. He did it, and I paid him. That was that. Everything was find. The price was good. Very professional, and very nice.

Description of Work
I received an quote. They put up a new key pad. He adjusted the garage door, so it would work well. He gave us two new remote controls that go in the cars.

08/11/2017

Barbara Thea B.

They cleaned up nice after themselves.

Description of Work
They installed the new garage door.

06/05/2017

Gary M.

Great. Very quick response.

Description of Work
broken spring

08/09/2016

Vestal P.

02/10/2016

Lonnie C.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 garage door springs. The technician was very experienced and very professional.

02/04/2015

Robin C.

I had called a few people to repair our aging garage door and they didn't seem to be interested in helping as it was not my intention to replace the motor of the door. Plus there were others who didn't bother to call me back. I next called Overhead Door of Greensboro and to my shock someone was at my home within a hour. The motor could not be repaired and the technician gave an explanation as to why. It was old. We then knew we had to spring for a new motor and asked when he could do it. Again, to our surprise he said he had everything he needed in his truck. Two hours later we had a brand new motor, casing and openers for not only the broken door but the other one as well at what we thought was a most reasonable price........Note to the companies who balked at even calling me.......No project is too small. I highly recommend Overhead Door of Greensboro.

Description of Work
Replaced motors on both garage doors.

02/04/2015

Paula S.

Description of Work
New openers on two doors.

04/07/2014

Sheri R.

Prompt service, knowledgeable technician, fixed garage door at a fair price.

Description of Work
Our garage door was going up and down without the remote being pushed. The technician came out and found the problem and fixed it. We thought the price was fair and the service was prompt. We have always used Overhead Door Company (20+ years) and have always been pleased with their service.

06/03/2013

Karen B.

Great. Larry was very personable and professional. He fixed wiring and oiled door. Garage has worked perfectly since his visit.

Description of Work
Repaired garage door which was not closing after exit

01/07/2013

Burke S.

Excellent service. Arrived on time. Removed old door plus some ceiling that had fallen. Installed new door in a professional and timely fashion.

Description of Work
Remove old door and install new door.

12/01/2012

Maggie D.

I called and spoke with Chris on a Thursday and he was able to schedule an appointment for me for the following Tuesday. Ed the repair person called ahead of time to let me know he was on his way. Repaired the door and was on his way in less than 1/2 hr. I was very pleased with the customer service I was given from Chris for scheduling the appointment and for Ed being so professional.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 broken springs Put an Angle Iron to repair the top section

11/03/2012

Meg H.

Jim arrived right on time. Looked at the door, Saw what the problem was. Showed me the wearing of the gears. Talked to me about options when the door finally died. Took about 30 minutes. Personable, efficient. Will use the company again!

Description of Work
My garage door was stuck. Jim was efficient, knowledgeable, and quick. He had the door working in less than 30 minutes. He showed me what was wrong and said the door was old with old gears. He gave me lots of information about new openers. Told me this one should work for 3 to 6 months. No pressure to buy, But I certainly will when the time comes!

10/25/2012

sharon B.

It was the first time I had used them. They did a great job. Our old door was 23 years old. They were very personable. They did exactly what they said they would do and did it quick.

Description of Work
They replaced our garage door.

08/19/2012

Kenneth R.

Went well.

Description of Work
Removed Broken Garage door opener. Performed service on Door and installed safety cables.

01/12/2012

Thea O.

Description of Work
We had a spring break on the garage door and Overhead was able to come promptly within a day or two to replace them. Only one was broken, but we decided to replace them both to avoid future repairs. They have done work for us before and it was always done to our satisfaction. They are very professional and knowledgable. Wish their prices were a little better, but I guess you get what you pay for. Overall, we are very satisfied with their work and would definitely recommend them.

09/27/2011

Rissa M.

See above.

Description of Work
Called the company to schedule an appointment for an estimate for installing a new garage door opener. They were friendly on tne phone, and actually sent someone out that afyernoon. The tech wascvery friendly, professional, and even checked/serviced my workshop door for free, as well as installed the new opener that day. Would definitely use them again.

11/30/2010

Susan J.

Very well. The technician solved the problem for which he was dispatched and made certain the door was working properly before he left. I thought he was professional, personable, and did quality work. It's now almost December 2010, about two and a half years after the repair, and the door is working fine.

Description of Work
Our spring had come off its proper winding and the cable was somewhat unwound. The technician (Larry Staley) reinstalled and tensioned the cable/spring assembly and performed a general inspection of the remainder of the door.

05/28/2009

D. H. H.

Serviceman arrived and explained why the door would not lower. He fixed the door and also fixed the second door that was sticking. While here, he performed routine maintenance on

Description of Work
Fix overhead door that refused to lower

03/24/2008

Susan J.

It went very well; I called this morning and spoke with Don, describing the problem in detail. He advised that he'd be able to send a technician between two and four o'clock, and just as advertised, I received his call at 3:04 indicating that the technician was on his way. Ten or so minutes later his technician (Larry) arrived, diagnosed and repaired the problem. To boot, he allowed me to observe the repair to learn which adjustments and periodic maintenance I could make to keep the door operating long after the repair. I was pleased with the responsiveness, the level of communication, and professionalism these folks displayed. The invoice will remain taped to the door in an envelope should I ever need their services again.

Description of Work
Rewound cables on drum, adjusted spring tension, torqued all screws, checked alignment of rails.

06/18/2007

ARTHUR F.

I was really happy with this company. I basically paid them thirty bucks and they completely solved my garage door problems. If I have garage door work going forward, I will certainly be calling them. Their prices are great, they wear smiles and they know what they are talking about.

Description of Work
My garage door's tracking needed to be replaced. This company rectified that problem for me.

08/07/2006

OVERHEAD DOOR IS A GREAT COMPANY TO HIRE. THE PEOPLE WERE REALLY NICE AND UNDERSTANDING ABOUT WHAT WE WANTED. THEY ALSO KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THEY WERE DOING AND THEY WERE ABLE TO ANSWER ALL OF OUR QUESTIONS.

Description of Work
THEY INSTALLED AN ENTRANCE DOOR TO THE PORCH AND A FRONT DOOR.

Category doors

07/31/2006

RONN L.

THIS WAS NICE, BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY TOOK OUT THE OLD ONE AND GOT RID OF IT FOR US. THEY WERE ABLE TO USE THE OLD TRACK, SO ALL THEY HAD TO CHANGE WAS THE DOOR ITSELF AND THE OPENER.

Description of Work
THEY PUT IN A NEW GARAGE DOOR.

06/20/2006

THE THING THAT I LIKED ABOUT THIS COMPANY WAS HOW QUICKLY THEY WERE ABLE TO GET EVERYTHING DONE. YOU JUST DON'T SEE THAT HARD OF WORK FROM MOST COMPANIES.

Description of Work
THEY INSTALLED A NEW AUTOMATIC DOOR OPENER.

Garage Door Pro NC

At Garage Door Pro NC, we sell, service and install garage doors. Our company philosophy is simple: we have successfully raised the standards of quality, value, and dependability in the garage door industry. We maintain the highest level of service and performance. We promise individual attention and great value for all of our customers. Our goal is to provide you with quality products and services that exceeds your expectation and raises the "WOW" factor to an even higher standard. 25-point Safety Inspection: If you just moved into an existing home or your garage door just needs a tune-up, we offer a great 25 point inspection and maintenance on your door. Repair Services: Triad Garage Doors specializes in garage door servicing and repairs. To insure safety and security, we recommend your garage door be serviced by a professional if your garage door is operating inefficiently.

Pro One Garage Doors

Pro One Garage Doors is dedicated to providing outstanding residential garage door solutions to the Greater Charlotte area of North Carolina. With quality products and a strong commitment to detail, Pro One is sure to bring value-packed service to your overhead door project.

Offers by Pro One Garage Doors on Angi
    Precision Garage Door

Award winning. Same day/24-hour emergency service available. The highest quality garage door parts and accessories available in the garage door industry. Certified technicians, fully stocked trucks. Precision Door Service has more than 20 years of professional experience in garage door installation and is committed to customer satisfaction. We do top quality work at an affordable price

Offers by Precision Garage Door on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Garage doors, sale, install, repairs, garage door openers, gates, grills, rolling steel doors, fire doors, counter shutters & dock equipment.