Junkyard Dogs

Greensboro, NC 27404

Junk Removal and Hauling

08/02/2020

Sandi F.

My realtor recommended this company. Beware. They were suppose to come at 3 pm & called to ask to come early. I waited but had to go back to work. I sent a Thad the pictures of what needed to be hauled off. I let his guys in via Ring. They removed my deck grill by carrying it through the house, scratched my floor, took papers, pictures, & items off the wrong desk. When they were made aware Thad the owner asked for a phone call. When I called him back he yelled & said his guys didn't lie, that I should have mentioned it during the walk through(never happened), wouldn't let me speak, said that I was the liar & hung up they phone. RUDE & UNPROFESSIONAL.

Description of Work
Haul away household items

12/26/2016

Georgeanne I.

Perfect. No problems hauling most anything.

Description of Work
Move unwanted stuff from house.

10/21/2016

Christine S.

The "can do" attitude and the value for the service is unbeatable. That's why I this team gets my repeat business. My only concern: that these strong young men will hurt their backs hauling things solo instead of partnering up :)

Description of Work
I had several large items that need to be removed: broken metal basketball stand, waterlogged jacuzzi top, heavy printer, queen mattress, and a substantial pile of broken yard furniture and hoses, old electronics and and some miscellania.

08/13/2016

KAREN M.

Excellent! The guys arrived about 10 minutes early and worked very hard. I was impressed by the way they did their very best to compact all the material on their truck which kept my expense to a minimum (i.e. they broke the desk into fairly small, flat pieces).

Description of Work
I needed misc scrap construction materials removed from various places around my yard and a large desk removed from inside my house.

12/30/2014

Denise E.

The service was excellent. The team responded quickly when I called for a quote. The pick up was quick and everyone was professional and considered of my home when moving items out.

Description of Work
Removed old appliances, moving boxes, and light fixtures

11/10/2014

Jerry M.

They came when they said they would, were very professional, and did a great job.

Description of Work
I used them for hauling early this year.

09/06/2014

Corina C.

AMAZING! First I could not believe their strength! They showed up - backed the truck up and all I had to do was point. Some of the items were heavy and they lifted them like it was not problem. They were kind and respectful. I would use them again. They were so fast that they moved literally all of the items in less than an hour. The price was fair and they did not try haggle with me or dollar me to death. They were honest - reasonable- and consistent with the quote they gave me before we started. They were so kind that even when we finished they cleaned up the area for me. I would recommend anyone calling them. They didn't take up my whole morning. They were here first thing in the morning at 8ish and gone before 9. They worked so fast that I couldn't believe how the garage was transforming right before my eyes. USE THIS COMPANY if you need to get rid of any mess. Don't let old items/electronics/roof shingles/boxes hold you hostage. FREE YOURSELF! They made it so easy. I thought it would take 2 trucks to get all my mess out. They stacked it so neatly that they got it out all on like 1/4 of the truck. AMAZING. Again, they are trying to help you get all that mess gone not make it expensive. I live on a tight budget so I only recommend folks that really get you really get your money's worth with . These guys ROCK!!!!! THEY ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY. Dont' be fooled by other junk removal companies - they have low prices but when they arrive give you large quotes.........this company does their best to make it affordable. I truly appreciate how helpful they were with transforming my garage back to it's own self - better than old.

Description of Work
Removed old items from my garage. Very heavy items: electronics, yard old items, old boxes etc They removed all items I requested.

10/03/2013

David B.

Price was way over priced. Did not use.

Description of Work
Provided a quote for demolition and removal of fire destroyed garage, shed and all destroyed items.

07/13/2013

Betsy B.

they showed up on time, worked quickly and professionally. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Hauled out a lot of junk....wood scraps, old fencing, broken furniture, etc

06/18/2013

Cheryl D.

Thad was responsive in setting up a day for the removal of the accumulation of and quot;thingsand quot; from my deceased father's home. My father had lived in his home for 41 years and was reluctant to throw anything away. He attended auctions and would buy pallets not always knowing what was included on the pallet. There were rooms in the basement that were so full we could not walk through. The 3 man crew arrived on the time scheduled. They gave me an estimate of the cost and I gave them the go ahead. They had been working about an hour when the power went off - a tree was on a power line from the storm the previous day. The power never came back on while the crew was there but the crew continued working in the dark - except for a small camp lantern I had. Thad came with another truck and the job was completed. They carried away almost 4 truck loads and were at the house for approximately 5 hours. They did not take a lunch break and worked until the job was completed. They sweep and cleaned the driveway where they worked. Thad and his crew were polite and respectful. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Removal of tvs, refrigerator, misc. wood debris, furniture, misc. debris, mattresses, box springs, metal items, recyclables, safe.

05/25/2013

Brian M.

These guys were outstanding. There's a reason why they have A ratings on Angie's List and they deserve every bit of it. They were on time, professional, courteous, and quick. They cleaned out one of my basement rooms faster than I would have imagined two guys could. We went room by room pointing out the stuff that I wanted gone and they had no problem with working through my disorganized clutter. In under two hours they were in and out and I have more room than I ever remember having. I would recommend Junkyard Dogs without a second of hesitation. I did some napkin math after they left and even if I rented a truck for two days to move the stuff myself I would not have been able to justify any cost differences over using them. Instead, I was able to get my full Memorial Day weekend as planned AND I have reclaimed the valuable space I needed. Thad also has some of the best customer service I have seen in a long time. We had to play telephone tag since I was away from my desk on several occasions. He actually apologized for not being able to get in touch with me faster as if my lack of availability was something he should have managed. He was a super nice guy on the phone and made sure to work me in according to my schedule. At no point did it seem like he was trying to squeeze me into an appointment book at a time and date convenient to him. I had scheduled my appointment for Saturday over Memorial Day and I really didn't realize the holiday when looking at my calendar. He scheduled without hesitation and when I called back later to see if he wanted to reschedule his guys he told me we would keep the appointment and they would be pretty quick. Again, that is true customer service that you just don't find that often. If I ever need ANYTHING tossed out again this will be the first (and only) company I call.

Description of Work
Junkyard Dogs cleared out 3 floor of accumulated stuff that I have gathered over the years due to moving twice. Things got totally out of control and they took care of it room by room.

04/02/2013

Carl R.

I left a voice mail and someone called me back within minutes. I was told the crew would arrive about 11:30 and at 11:29 they were pulling into the driveway. They promptly loaded the items while being very careful not to do any damage and were finished in less than half an hour. The crew borrowed a bungee cord from me to secure a sofa sleeper while they moved it and then forgot to return it. A few minutes later they came back and gave it to me. The bungee cord was of little value but this demonstrates their high level of professionalism.

Description of Work
Removed and disposed of household furniture.

04/01/2013

Phillis E.

They come right on time, are clean-cut, and are very nice.

Description of Work
They picked up a computer desk, a table, and a cane chair.

03/21/2013

Dolores F.

Nothing to tell. They were in and out so fast. They were careful and efficient.

Description of Work
Removed old TVs from inside my home and assorted junk from the garage.

03/12/2013

Robert C.

Overall it was an excellent experience. I submitted a request online. I hadn't received an email confirmation so I called and left a message which was promptly responded to confirming the appointment. They showed up on time, actually probably even a few minutes early. We walked around the property so that I could point out everything that needed to go. They gave me a quote and I agreed to the work. From there, the workers were completely self sufficient. I went on to do other things around the house while they started collecting the junk and filling the truck. Positive experience, I would use them again.

Description of Work
Consolidating two houses and in process of a home renovation, so needed furniture, old appliances, and some mild construction debri removed. In total, it was about a truck and a halfs worth of debri and junk that was removed from the property.

03/11/2013

stephanie E.

Things went superbly, from start to finish. From the moment I placed the call to Junkyard Dogs and made an appointment, everything went so smoothly! I could not have asked for a better experience and our house looks so much bigger and cleaner with all that clutter gone!

Description of Work
One person arrived at the scheduled time on Saturday morning (in the rain/snow!) and asked my husband and I where and what we needed to be removed from our home. He got all the information he needed and began to move through our 3 story house as fast as two men, removing old, broken appliances, bags of old toys, any and everything that we no longer needed or wanted. He did not expect us to help him, nor put everything in a central location so that he could get to it easier. Our experience with Junkyard Dogs was awesome and quite inexpensive, considering we had him come back the following Wednesday morning and haul away another load of stuff we had not had a chance to go through yet.

02/25/2013

stephanie E.

We decided to refinance our home which would require an appraisal of the property and realized that we needed to get rid of SO many things that were stacked in closets, shelves, the garage, the attic..all over our 4,000 square foot, three story house. We had used the services of Junkyard Dogs (JD) in the past and had been very pleased with the services they offered and the cost of same. We called them and they set up a date that was exactly when we needed them. The day the employee from JD arrived, it was snowing. He was prompt and proceeded to rapidly remove a tremendous amount of junk, old books and papers, lots of loose odds and ends, broken toys and heavy, hard to handle items, all without our help or requiring us to centrally locate them. He was extremely polite and represented JD in a very professional manner. After completing the job, we were given the bill and could not believe how inexpensive and quot;the joband quot; had been!

Description of Work
The gentleman who arrived at our home from Junkyard Dogs hauled away approximately 6 years worth of junk, old books and papers, broken toys and other large, hard to handle, heavy odds and ends scattered around a 4,000 square foot house and located on three floors! He was super polite, fast as lightening and we never had to help or move anything ourselves. I could not believe how inexpensive "the job!" The gentleman referenced above actually had to come out on a day that it was snowing because that was the day we had scheduled. It was very important to us that the job was done right because we were going to have our house appraised the next day and wanted it to look as uncluttered as possible. Mission accomplished, thanks to Junkyard Dogs!

10/15/2012

David O.

As above - well done and quick!

Description of Work
First, the date & price are approximate - had filled my garage up over 4-5 yrs w/ JUNK, i.e. broken exercise equipment, Styrofoam shipping containers (dozens!), old wood, broken/used lawn equipment, and many other undesirables - could hardly even walk on the concrete floor! Well, via Angie's list, I found this company, sent an email about what I needed, received a response almost immediately, and had an appointment w/i days; the truck showed up on the day & time chosen; garage was cleaned out (and cleaned up) in about an hour or so - price was right! NOW, may take me another 4+ yrs to accumulate enough for a return visit, but they would be my pick.

07/14/2012

Sandra C.

All work was completed in a very timely manner. I was impressed with the professionalism and courtesy. The price was very reasonable. I will definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
A neighborhood sign had been damaged beyond repair when a driver ran into it. The company demolished what was left of the sign and hauled away all debris.

07/03/2012

anne C.

They hauled away my old decking boards and scraps from the new deck when we replaced the deck over this past weekend. I was quoted an estimate and when they got there to haul it away, they said it wasn't as much as originally thought and cut the price back. I was thrilled they were so honest with me. I would not have known any better. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They hauled away my old decking boards and scraps from the new deck when we replaced the 18x18 deck over this past weekend.

04/19/2012

Ken B.

He was on time and did everything quickly and efficiently. He was very cordial and polite.

Description of Work
Hauled off discarded household items after a move. He loaded everything and took it away.

04/17/2012

Gregory G.

Very professional,low price,excellent service. I used them prior and will use them this summer!

Description of Work
Hauling away several yard and houseful items.

12/22/2011

Cary R.

They took away a lot of junk, cleaned all the dirt and grime, and made things better. They were spot on as far as what items needed to go.

Description of Work
They came in and took out all of the unnecessary things that might have been a problem or hazard to my home and health.

12/18/2011

ROGER G.

Thad Loftin and his assistant arrived on time, gave me an estimate which I accepted, and quickly removed the required items from my house and yard. One of the items was a very heavy pool table and they removed it carefully from a storage room over my garage. They were very polite and professional and I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Remove items from my house and yard which I want to discard.

09/13/2011

Barbara E.

A good experience overall. It was a fairly small job but we will definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
Removed a large projection TV from an upstairs room and several smaller objects from garage.