Home Design Studio

Founded 2010 • With Angi since August 2010

Home Design Studio can help you with what ever size home remodeling project you may have. From new kitchen cabinets, to counter tops. Or maybe you need new floors, or want to spice up your existing floors. We do it all. We have over 80 years combined experience in our company. We offer free design and estimates....

A Plus Landscaping & Maintenance

A Plus Landscaping and Maintenance is a family owned and operated company that started in 2010 by Michael Sanford. We provide an excellent quality of landscape needs, from mowing, to pruning, and designs for a reasonable price. With college degrees in Turf Management and Landscape Construction, we have had field experience since 2007. We believe in our quality of work, and would like a chance to show you what we are all about!

TLS Property Services

Locally-owned and operated, we are a family base business with over 15 years experience. TLS is a full-service landscaping company that can handle any of your property needs year round, serving both commercial an residential clients around the Piedmont Triad area. Our company's team members work together to reach the highest quality service and customer support.

Ramirez Landscaping and Lighting

At Ramirez, we provide a full complement of Landscape Lighting, Irrigation Maintenance, and Lawn Care & Maintenance services for both residential and business customers primarily in Greensboro and throughout Guilford County

05/18/2016

michael H.

The good news is that the floors are installed and the color we wanted. Unfortunately to get to this point there was much frustration. Fred Young was our contractor and he lacks in customer service and professionalism skills. The project took longer than we were told it would, forcing us to delay our move in date. The crew was subcontracted and spoke minimal English making communication difficult. The crew was very polite and courteous, I have no issue with their professionalism. When the project was completed there was stain on all of the baseboards, black dirt/oil marks on the walls from the crew, stain running down the flashing between the steps, the old stain was still visible at the base of the spindles on the stair case, and a piece of special curved molding missing at the base of the staircase. I contacted Fred about the issues and he said he would get them resolved. He did this with as what would appear to be the most minimal effort possible. After he corrected one of the problems I paid him with the promise he would take care of the other issues. Once Fred was paid he went silent and became almost impossible to get in contact with him. I called well over 15 times over 2 months with no return call. It was not until I called the realtor that recommended him that I received an call back. There were several other issues but this is the just of the entire experience. I hired another person to fix the issues that remained because I didn't want to deal with the frustration anymore.

Description of Work
Hardwood floors installed on the second floor and the previously installed floors downstairs sanded and stained to match upstairs.

09/16/2015

Mark R.

Description of Work
My wife and I contracted with the Home Design Studio to install engineered hardwood floors after the cooling coil in our old air conditioner caused damage to laminate floors near one of the entrances to our home. We were offered installation of a brand of hardwood flooring as another Angie's List provider but at less cost and with moving all furniture and appliances included. (The other provider wouldn't move furniture or appliances.) |Home Design Studio does not have employees to install flooring. A subcontractor employing mostly Spanish speaking workers from Mexico or other Central American Countries was hired. There was a young man raised in the United States who spoke fluent English working with the subcontractor's other employees (a different crew came each day) so our concerns and requests were communicated to crew members with little knowledge of English. |The work went well. The only issue encountered other than the language barrier occurred when one of the Spanish speaking workers left four closet doors outside and a thunder shower got them wet overnight. When I discovered what happened the next morning, I called Fred Young, the Home Design Studio's flooring manager who came to our home and took away the doors to be reconditioned and painted. Had I known the doors were outside I would have brought them into our home to prevent the damage. This issue has been resolved to our satisfaction and I would not hesitate to use The Home Design Studio next year for replacement of carpet in our |home.

Category carpet installation,flooring contractor,hardwood floor,home remodeling

12/01/2014

Laura N.

Michael and Ken were fantastic to work with. Ken maintained a level of perfection with all of his work and I was able to rest easy knowing that he had my best interests in mind. I am incredibly pleased with the end result. It took a little longer than initially expected and there were minor set backs along the way but nothing out of the ordinary. Each of the subcontractors they hired did a nice job.

01/16/2014

John G.

When I found and had to pay $700 to another electrician to diagnose and repair a kitchen wiring issue (that I originally thought was introduced during the kitchen remodel), they agreed to reimburse me even though it was not 100% clear it was their fault. I subsequently decided it was not the result of their work and declined the offer but will definitely short-list them for any future work. They seem highly value customer relations.

Description of Work
They did a pre-sale kitchen remodel for the prior owner of my house.

06/10/2013

Gary F.

First, the big picture: the completed work merits an and quot;Aand quot; rating! The granite kitchen tops and the hardwood flooring are very striking and exceeded our expectations. The remainder of the materials and workmanship all met or exceeded our expectations. Second, as is the case in large, complicated projects, there were a few glitches along the way. But they were resolved quickly and to our satisfaction. For example, when it came time to choose the actual granite slabs, we quickly realized that our understanding about the and quot;leveland quot; of the granite bid in the contract was different from Trey Green's understanding. He was extremely courteous in reviewing the relevant paperwork with us and it quickly became clear that it was our misunderstanding. The great majority of the work proceeded on schedule, and the one minor exception did not hold up the overall project. In summary, Trey Green was always extremely helpful, and communicated quickly and effectively by phone and/or email as needed to answer questions. His professionalism and expertise is laudable, and we do not hesitate to recommend his services and Home Design Studios.

Description of Work
Home Design Studio (HDS) played a large role as a subcontractor in the process of building our new home (flooring; cabinets, vanities and tops). Trey Green of HDS has been great to work with, and we recommend him highly! As of 6/10/2013, the HDS portion of the project has been completed for the following items: the ceramic tile in all the bathrooms and laundry room; all the cabinets, vanities (and tops) throughout the home; the granite bar and granite counter tops; the first-floor hardwood flooring; and the second-floor carpeting. We are extremely pleased with the quality of all of the materials and workmanship.

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile,flooring contractor,marble & granite

Residential and Commercial Kitchen and Bath Remodeling Flooring New Construction, Additions, Renovations, Carports, Garages Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Landscaping, Doors and Windows

Ask for details.