Handyman Unlimited

Founded 1981 • With Angi since August 2006

In Business since 1981. No subs except for major electrical and major plumbing. Additional address - 190 Sheets Trail, Germanton, NC 27019. Award winning.

handyman (104)home remodeling (27)woodworking (27)tile installation (22)interior painting (21)drywall (16)house painting (15)plumbers (14)door installation (11)deck cleaning (7)pressure washing (6)lighting (6)

01/18/2021

Anne S.

Richard was fantastic. He has excellent communication, work ethic, and quality of work. We are very pleased with the work he did for us and will definitely use him again in the future. It was so nice to have this experience with him after having a bad experience with a previous contractor. I wish we had found Richard sooner. He installed and finished drywall including matching it up with existing plaster which you can’t tell was done like you can sometimes due to the difference in thickness of plaster versus drywall. He also did some carpentry work and painted.

Description of Work
Install drywall and blend with existing plaster/plaster repair, framing, and painting

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/17/2021

01/01/2021

Theresa B.

Extremely well. Richard arrived on time. Was very professional. Completed the work on time. When necessary on design issues he asked me what I wanted or what I had envisioned for the space. My home turned out perhaps even more esthetically appealing than I knew it would. The new door handles and pulls make me very happy and add joy to my time in my kitchen. I would recommend Richard to anyone.

Description of Work
Furniture assembly, curtain and drapery rods hung, door handles and knobs replaced, toilet stool lids replaced, screen repair.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/01/2021

09/28/2020

Nancy B.

Perfect! On time, fair, efficient , clean, polite, and got the job done.

Description of Work
Add reinforcement to the space between ceiling joists for a chandelier

Category custom cabinets, handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/27/2020

06/24/2020

Angela A.

It went great. Richard is excellent at whatever he does. Very meticulous and quality conscious. Very easy to work with. A very Knowledgeable and nice man

Description of Work
Wood rot repair on outside and painting inside and out

Category woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

03/17/2019

Sandy or Leo D.

The Deck reconstruction went smoothly even when at the mercy of February 2019's cold and rainy weather. Richard responded to my search promptly. He listened to what I wanted prior to beginning the job and made design suggestions as well. The job was started within weeks and completed in a timely manner with a few delays due to the weather. He hand picked clean, new lumber that had minimal knots. He hand picked new 6x6 beams even when the lumber store wanted him to use older wood. He rounded edges of many of the deck boards for smooth, safe design where the deck aligns with our above ground pool. He took extra care to leave our property presentable at the end of every work day. It was an extreme pleasure working with Richard. He is very friendly man as well as extremely talented handyman. He has good work ethics and meticulous in his work. I would recommend Handyman Unlimited for other handyman jobs.

Description of Work
Reconstructed deck: Removed old deck wood and replacd deckboards, rails, stairs and added pergolas

Category handyman service, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 02/01/2019

01/07/2019

Tracey B.

Richard and his son, as always, did a great job. They were very professional, and pleasant. We will hire them again; and when we sell our house, we will leave his name for the new buyers.

Description of Work
toilet fixed

Work Completed On 01/07/2019

12/29/2018

Alison G.

Richard did a fantastic job! Very professional and couldn’t have been a nicer guy. I would hire him again.

Description of Work
Installation of 4 ceiling fans and updates to the wall switches for those fans. He also replacement wall switch in my bathroom. He even hauled away my old fans.

Category handyman service, lighting

Work Completed On 12/29/2018

Review for Handyman Unlimited - 5109 Southwind Rd, Greensboro, NC - 37630258

12/16/2018

Jonathan C.

We were looking for someone who could complete a job that another contractor had not finished, and called Richard after seeing a lot of positive reviews. One or two good reviews could be from family or friends, but many of them is usually a good indicator. And that was the case here. He was prompt and punctual, and did excellent work at reasonable prices. Once he was able to start, he worked on our job exclusively until it was completed. Collaboration with him was both easy and effective. As we get older, having a trusted group of resources becomes more and more important, and we feel that Richard is on that list. The next time we need a handyman, he'll get our first call. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Completing an unfinished kitchen remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/13/2018

12/07/2018

Arthur J.

Reviews of leak repairs must be provisional until proven by a hard rain. Nevertheless I am confident that Richard solved our problem and did it in an affordable and thorough manner. I had to wait several weeks for him to have an opportunity to do the work, but that is no doubt because he is good and has many clients. His work was thorough and I was informed of his progress and any additional problems that were discovered while the repair proceeded. Not only did he repair the rain damage, he traced the problem back to its source and made sure it would not happen again. His work was neat, professional, thorough, of the highest quality. He knows what he is doing. He also documented his work with pictures so that I understood what and why he did certain things. Should I need to, I will certainly use him again and I highly recommend him to anyone needing general handyman services.

Description of Work
Repair of leak where deck joined exterior wall

Work Completed On 12/06/2018

07/31/2018

Cathy C.

Far exceeded our expectations! Richard remodeled our downstairs walkout basement into a lovely rentable studio apartment with a kitchen and full bath, He created a beautiful living, bedroom, kitchen and bath area from a large open space. We couldn't be happier with the quality of work he does!

Description of Work
Richard Byers is very professional, kind and always willing to please. His work skills are excellent and whatever he does, he does the best. Richard is extremely dependable, reasonably priced and a pleasure to do business with. We have never dealt with a handyman with such superior skills. He aims to please and follows your requests, giving you helpful suggestions along the way. We would definitely recommend Richard to anyone and would always select him to do future work in our home. We feel grateful to have had his services and will definitely recommend him to others.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 07/31/2018

03/21/2018

Barbara P.

Richard did a wonderful job on these tasks. He was very professional and personable. We plan to use him again for some larger outside tasks as soon as weather permits. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Install fireplace surround (which was tricky), install towel bars, patch hole in wall.

Work Completed On 03/21/2018

01/02/2018

Nancy F.

Richard did a great job! He arrived on time, got right to work, and even returned unused lumber for me, so I could get a refund for it. I would absolutely hire him again.

Description of Work
I needed handrails installed on two sets of steps at the back of the house.

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 01/02/2018

Review for Handyman Unlimited - 5109 Southwind Rd, Greensboro, NC - 36716700

12/23/2017

Fran T.

Excellent! Richard has done many jobs for us over the years, including painting the house. He is creative, knowledgeable, and completely trustworthy, and his work is always of high quality.

Description of Work
Replacing broken tile; removing and restoring a wall; repairing wall cracks; other miscellaneous jobs

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/10/2017

11/30/2017

Joshlynn C.

We had previously hired someone to remove popcorn ceiling and paint. They removed it but along the way damaged the sheet rock and said we needed certain areas that were a problem repaired by someone else. We hired Handyman Unlimited and they were incredible. The ceiling looks like glass that's been painted. We were in awe to see how it made a difference. Jenny also suggested we update the crown holding and that was perfect. We ask for some custom work also, a cabinet area built above what use to be a closet. Part of the closet now houses our refrigerator, we wanted a space beside it to be a pantry. Jenny made us a pantry exactly like we wanted, with a very finished look. We wanted a pocket door removed and Jenny suggested we widen the opening at the same time, great idea. She and Jason do not skip to a faster easier way they do everything 120%.

Description of Work
Remodel: We removed a wall and cabinets and in our kitchen we built and island and had lots of details needed at this point. Patch ceiling and paint, add cabinet above refrigerator, build pantry, remove pocket door and expand the opening. Build a wall where we had removed a larger wall. Crown holding installed and painted. Marble backsplash installed.

Category custom cabinets, drywall, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 11/30/2017

Review for Handyman Unlimited - 5109 Southwind Rd, Greensboro, NC - 36769828

11/14/2017

Susan R.

Perfect....excellent work!! Reliable, honest, extremely knowledgable and trustworthy. Could not ask for a better handyman.

Description of Work
Four full days of work that included making major roof repairs, installing a 30 ft underground drainage system, and correcting miscellaneous electrical issues inside the home.

Category handyman service, roofing, woodworking, drain pipe, doors

Work Completed On 10/25/2017

08/31/2017

Robert S.

All the work took 7 days. Richard is a craftsman at his work. He is very knowledgeable in all aspects of home repair. He also gave us ideas on things we can do to help maintain our home.

Description of Work
We needed what we hoped would be a simple fix in the master bath turned into major reconstruction due to wood rot from previous work done by others. Richard took his time explaining to me what needed to be done. As work progressed, I saw his craftsmanship and attention to detail. We are very pleased. Richard also installed a new front door frame, repaired the front door and installed a new storm door. Outstanding work. He also repaired broken steps.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

07/31/2017

Doris S.

Perfectly! Couldn't have asked for anything better.

Description of Work
Repair wood privacy fence, repair gate stabilizing post. Painting of fencing.

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 06/30/2017

06/15/2017

Chris J.

Mr. Byers was very responsive, listened to what I asked for and was on time every day. His professionalism was only out done by the quality of his work! From now on if I need something done I will call him.

Description of Work
Had interior lights installed in the ceiling, mantle repaired from water damage, screen door repaired from puppy damage and a gate built.

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/09/2017

04/13/2017

Tracey B.

Richard and his son did a great job. we love the new bathroom and have had many compliments on it. i would definitely hire him again; and would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
remodel the master bath

Work Completed On 04/13/2017

04/13/2017

Tracey B.

He did a great job. It was not an easy job as it entailed a lot of little jobs, i.e., plumbing, demolition, reconstruction, wiring and re-wiring, tiling, etc. He did not contract out any job. He, and his son, did it all. We would definitely hire him again. In fact, we plan to use him for another remodel job. He is very personable and definitely knows his craft.

Description of Work
Fix ceiling, remodel master bath.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, hauling services, lighting, plumbing, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/11/2017

Review for Handyman Unlimited - 5109 Southwind Rd, Greensboro, NC - 34816405

03/14/2017

Danette P.

They arrived on time. They were friendly and professional. Reasonably priced. Look forward to working with them again.

Description of Work
Richard and his son removed and installed 5 vanity lights and 1 chandelier.

Category handyman service, lighting

Work Completed On 03/14/2017

10/08/2016

john S.

I called, got answering machine saying my call was important to them and they would call back. They never called back.

Description of Work
Bathroom floor repair

Category garbage collection, handyman service