Gary Gunning Painting Systems

Founded 1970 • With Angi since August 2006

4.2

3502 Rock Haven Dr.

Greensboro, NC 27410

Each of our employees is drug free and dedicated to their job. Our entire crew is well educated (several college degrees) and courteous. We have an all American Staff, each willing and capable of talking with you about the job, or any other answer you have. Because are employees have worked so long in the same trade and for the same company, we are unique in our field. Unparalled skill, knowledge, and character provide for a pleasant experience. There's nothing worse than feeling estranged in your own home. Employees age range (26-60). We offer free estimates and consultations to anyone. We will not leave the job until every expectation and concern of the client is met. We warranty all of our work. If your looking for a company that doesn't cut corners and gaurantees 100% satisfaction, there's nobody in our league. Painting is a very important aspect in everyones life. Not only can it be asthetically pleasing, but protects and ensures the longevity of your property as well. If you want the job done right, and in a professional/respectful manner- we're the answer...

03/26/2015

diane S.

Description of Work
Good work, quality job.

12/18/2014

Patricia M.

Description of Work
Fixed a wall damaged from an above ceiling bathroom leak. Then painted over the damaged wallpaper . Excellent work!!

01/26/2014

Shirley N.

His crew was fine, but he never checked out their work or even came out to the house after his initial visit. When his crew was done, he tried to increase the price, even though we had a contract.

Description of Work
Gary Gunning is very hard to deal with.

Category drywall

12/08/2013

Marilyn T.

Repaired ceilings and painted several rooms. They are local, professional painters who really know their stuff. I have used them two or three times.

08/06/2013

KIMBERLEY C.

I've had marginal experience with Gary Gunning-Painting Systems, both good experiences and bad experiences. He;s not very timely in regards to getting back. The quality of his work is good but professionalism is not. He is very pricey. I will use him again only if I had to.

Description of Work
He did wall paper repair.

Category wallpaper

From what i've come to understand, customers don't always go onto Angie's List to review businesses. In this case, for instance, it says (Member name removed) review was transcribed from a phone interview. To defend my company, I never worked for Mrs. Card, for my company does absolutely zero Wallpaper work. We are a residential paint company, that in some instances remove wallpaper, but never, in the 44 years operating in Greensboro have we once Installed Wallpaper. She must be confused with another contractor, or whoever "transcribed" her over a phone interview got things very wrong. I keep very thourough job folders for years going back, and I have no job for a (Member name removed) whatsoever. I just wish Angie's List would double check whats being said before smearing a small business like mine. At least now, the contractor has the option to refute such ludacrist claims, and it's not so one sided anymore. This will certainly help the cite gain credence.

10/21/2011

Jacqueline R.

We got Gary Gunning painting systems from Angie's list. One of the things we liked right away was that he was one of the few that was bonded and insured. After contacting Mr. Gunning he was very prompt in setting up an appointment for an estimate. Mr Gunning showed up for our appointment promptly ( even though he had been severally stung by hornets earlier). He was very helpful with suggestions and quite knowledgeable about use of colors, and other aspects of painting and drywall work. We found his estimate and recommendations to be the best we had recieved and so we contracted with him. His crews arrived promply at 8 am every morning and left as soon as the work for the day was completed. They cleaned up behind themselves and were neat in their work. Some things were unavoidable - like drywall dust getting anywhere it could. The crew hung plastic and took precautions but it still seemed to get under doors etc. . These areas were cleaned by the crew where they were aware of it. If there was any questions we were consulted before work continued. The finished project was wonderful and we were very happy.

Description of Work
Living Room (with cathedral ceilings), Stairwell and trim painted. Mold removed from brick ( from earlier water problem). Several places on the walls and ceiling needed drywall work and it was done. Painting took two coats. Hallway was added on and it took drywall work, priming and two coates of paint. Mr Gunning was very responsive to my request for an estimate. We found his estimate and recommendations to be the best we had recieved and so we contracted to have the work done. His crew arrived promply at 8am every morning during the project. The crew also left if everything that could be done that day was finished. ( they didn't waist any time). They cleaned up behind themselves and we're neat in there work. If there was any question about an area we were consulted before they continued.

01/05/2009

James D.

He was prompt in responding to my request to come out and give me a quote when I was ready to go. His workers came in and were very meticulous and methodical, which is what I wanted. We used three different colors in each room -- for trim, ceiling and walls -- they got the colors right, the edges were clean, and given that this is a holiday, they've done it in a timely manner. They'll be finished probably tomorrow or the next day. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They're painting the interior of my town home.

06/29/2007

CAROLE G.

He was a very nice, neat and honest man. He was able to restore the vanity to like new condition when no other painter would touch it. This to me showed a higher level of knowledge and expertise. It was a little pricey but it was really worth it.

Description of Work
The painter stripped down and repainted an old vanity I had in about 4 and half hours.

08/07/2006

THIS GUY DOES EXCELLENT WORK. HE IS NOT THE CHEAPEST BUT IT IS WORTH YOUR MONEY. HE IS A NICE AND TRUSTWORTHY GUY. WE WERE SATISFIED AND THRILLED WITH THE RESULTS. WE PLAN TO HIRE HIM AGAIN SOON.

Description of Work
HE RAG PAINTED 4 ROOMS AND PAINTED SOME WINDOWS.

Closet Factory

We design, manufacture and install custom storage for closets, home offices, garages, pantries, laundry rooms, murphy beds and more. We are locally owned and operated and have a lifetime warranty on our product.

Jerico Express

My company can do complete remodeling to renovations to your home or commercial business. We have all the resources needed to do small to large scale projects. No job is to small or to large. We handle jobs within a 2 hr travel time from Raleigh down to Charlotte NC area. Give us a call and stop watching your problem go into an impossible solution when one call can do it all at Jerico. If we can't get it today let's try tomorrow.

OnPoint Cleaning & Restoration

I enjoy working and bringing excellence to every endeavor I make. To me there is nothing more satisfying than seeing the results of a professional patio, walkway or driveway restoration. I handle the entire project from beginning to end: moving furniture, deep cleaning, crack & chipping repair, staining, sealing and even putting all furniture back exactly the way it was. My focus is on restoring your property to it's original luster. You want someone presentable, punctual and professional- and of course reasonably priced. That's the essence of who I am and what I bring to whatever job I am tasked with. I look forward to bringing your vison to life!

Interior and Exterior Painting, Faux Finishes, Carpentry, Mildew Removal, Pressure Washing, Window Cleaning, Varnishes/Stains, Color Consultations, Free Estimates, Furniture Restoration, Stucco, Decks/Siding, Dec/Driveway Staining,

-Wallaper Installation