EDWARDS & MILLS INC

Founded 1956 • With Angi since June 2007

107 S WALNUT CIR

Greensboro, NC 27409

15 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY AN HOURLY RATE.

11/11/2017

John M.

It didn’t. They obviously don’t need the business.

Description of Work
Any contractor that cannot return a call for a quote gets an F in my book. I called their office three times and requested a callback for a quote on several items I needed repaired my house. No call back after several days. Big F.

Category plumbing, gas logs

08/09/2017

Andrew V.

Edwards & Mills did an efficient and fantastic job replacing my 18 year old hot water heater that finally popped. They had the best quote (of 3) and did an incredibly professional job. They were on time, in and out in a half a day, and stuck to their quote to the dollar. I would definitely recommend these guys to a friend. They even took the old water heater to DH Griffin, rather than dumping into a landfill.

Description of Work
18 y/o water heater burst and flooded the basement. Needed an expansion tank, additionally, to meet code. Wanted the old heater discarded responsibly (not just dumped in the landfill)

Category plumbing, water heater repair

04/21/2017

Ryan D.

They arrived right on time, were clean, used booties and drop cloth to protect floors, and completed work promptly. I had a follow up question after they had left which was easily answered over the phone without having to play phone-tag. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Repair/replacement of gas fireplace key valve behind sheetrock.

06/28/2016

Linda T.

02/23/2016

Dawn D.

Description of Work
Brought in a water heater in at a very reasonable price. They were on time and very professional.

Category home remodeling

03/12/2015

Karen R.

They are courteous and clean. They just take care of the problem. I bought the gas logs and they installed it. They are so dependable and they do a good job. Their price is fair. They respond very quickly. They are always on time. They call if they are running late.

Description of Work
Edwards & Mills have taken care of blockage in my lawn. They have installed gas logs for me.

Category gas logs, drain cleaning

08/12/2014

Laura B.

I called the company on 7/23 in the am for an estimate on gas logs and installation. I spoke with a very pleasant lady who assured me that someone would call me back that morning. I waited all day but received no call. Late that same afternoon I called back. Again a very pleasant lady assured me my call would be returned that day. It was not. The following day 7/24 I called again. This time a very curt gentleman answered and told me that they had my name and number and would call when they had time. Two weeks later I am still waiting for that call.

Description of Work
Gas logs

07/08/2014

Marilyn T.

They were extremely responsive and came by to look at the clean-out door, found a perfect replacement locally, removed the old cast iron door and mortared the new door in place the same day. The price was very reasonable and the work was completed quickly.

Description of Work
On the most recent project, I hired them to replace a rusted out cast iron fireplace clean-out door in my chimney. (I have used Edwards & Mills in the past for my new gas hot water installation and they did a great job then also).

Category plumbing, water heater repair, fireplaces

02/13/2014

amanda C.

The technician did not start the unit and claimed it was not necessary to check the issues we were having. They then attempted to bill us approximately $200.00 for the service call. Exceptionally poor service and lacking professionalism.

Description of Work
They attempted to repair our gas fireplace though claimed they could not as they were unfamiliar with the manufacturers product.

Category fireplaces, gas logs

12/13/2013

Nikki B.

These folks were outstanding. I called around 11 am this morning to inquire abour cost/process/etc. for gas log removal and cap on gas line to convert to wood burning. The friendly woman that answered the phone patiently answered all of my questions and gave a definitive price quote. She mentioned that they had a cancellation and would be able to come this afternoon. She called when the servicemen were about 15 mins away to give me the heads up that they were coming by. The gentlemen were prompt, courteous and got the job done quickly. Invoice and materials were clear.No one even complained when they had to crawl into the tiny crawlspace iunder my house to properly cap the gasline. All in all a great experience!

Description of Work
REMOVAL OF OLD GAS LOGS AND CAP OF GAS LINE FOR CONVERSION TO WOOD BURNING

09/20/2013

LeRoy D.

I called them in the afternoon and they came out an hour later to look at my fireplace. They told me it couldn't be repaired and explained why. They were very thorough. They even insisted they vacuum some of the soot to protect my vacuum cleaner. Within minutes they had an estimate to replace the gas logs and burner. I paid them for the service call off they went. I will likely use them for the repair, but will be getting a second quote to be sure the price is fair.

Description of Work
Inspected fireplace

05/06/2013

Collin R.

He was great. He had a lot of reviews. What we needed him with the restoration company and what he did helped the insurance company and even after two weeks he did it. He came out the same day we asked for.

Description of Work
I used Edwards & Mills Inc to fix a leaking hose to our dishwasher.

Category drain cleaning

04/16/2013

Daniel R.

They are very knowledgable. They did a great job.

Description of Work
They did a gas log inspection for us before we used them.

04/12/2013

Lenore S.

They fixed the toilet seat, however their was still an issue with the toilet.

Description of Work
They fixed the toilet seat.

03/12/2013

Robin R.

The day after my husband left to go on his annual hunting trip I went to the basement only to find the water heater leaking. I am one to research before I purchase so I went to all the big box stores for prices and info. I was also trying to decide if I wanted a tankless system or not. I was given Edwards and Mills name by a friend so I thought, what the heck I will call and see if they can do any better. Their pricing was no different than the big guys, and I was so impressed with the patience of the gentleman on the phone answering all my questions that they ended up getting my business. They showed up very quickly and had me all fixed up in no time. I cannot say enough about them.

Description of Work
Purchased a Water heater and had it installed. Very professional and excellent to work with.

Category water heater repair

12/21/2012

Sena C.

We called in the morning about our toilets not flushing. They said that they would call back when they had someone who could come out to solve our problem, and suggested that they hoped it would be that day. We agreed that I would go to work but could come home immediately when they had someone who could come to our house. Later that day, I got a call and met the person at our house. He was very professional and polite. He cleaned out the sewage pipe and was very thorough and knowledgeable about the procedure. He suggested that our location and newer low-flow toilets created a scenario in which these blockages were likely. He gave some preventative recommendations and was on his way. Please note that we used this company previously, based on a recommendation of an appliance repairperson, to fix a problem of a low volume of water entering our dishwasher. We were very happy with their work and are confident that they are knowledgeable and capable.

Description of Work
They cleaned out our sewage drain in response to our toilets not being able to flush.

Category drain cleaning

11/02/2012

Randall N.

Called on 11-02-2012 about repair, and waited almost 3 hours for a return call. I called them back after 2.5 hours and the woman I spoke to said they were too busy to call back sooner instead of apologizing for the wait time. Customer service skills are completely lacking. Will never use their business again.

Description of Work
Did not use their services for our current issue.

10/03/2011

BARBARA L.

In August 2010 they installed a tank less hot water heater. I spent probably $125 on the most recent job. I like them because somebody always answers the phone when I call early in the morning and I almost always get same day service and that is really good. I would tell others that they provide prompt service. They also bill me, so I don't have to be here or pay them immediately.

Description of Work
I used Edwards & Mills Inc. maybe twice this summer once to fix a faucet and the other time to remove an outside faucet.

08/02/2011

Lynn A.

My fireplace had a gas pipe leading to it to fuel gas logs. However, I wanted to burn wood instead. On the recommendation of the chimney sweep who was concerned that the gas pipe could leak or be damaged by wood fires, I asked Edwards and Mills to send someone to cap the gas line under the house. The workers arrived on schedule, entered the crawl space, and turned off the gas to the fireplace pipe at a valve, testing to be sure that no gas was able to enter the fireplace. They assured me that if I later decide to install gas logs, the gas flow can be restored. The employees were quick, courteous, and professional.

Description of Work
Capping of gas line to fireplace.

Category plumbing, gas logs

04/27/2011

BARNES B.

Their estimate was $725 for that work. I did not use them. They were good. He was able to give me an estimate over the phone and the estimate was higher than other companies I had spoken to.

Description of Work
Edwards & Mills Inc. gave me an estimate in February this year to extend a gas line.

11/13/2010

Sena C.

The office staff who scheduled the repair, and Mr. Edwards, were very polite. They were able to schedule our repair in a timely manner. The plumbers arrived and met with my husband. They were thorough and ultimately found that a pipe leading to the dishwasher was severely clogged with sediment. They replaced that pipe, and we now have clean dishes!!! According to my husband, the plumbers themselves were not the friendliest pair, but they were professional. We have learned by now, though, that the most important thing is that service people are skilled and knowledgeable, not that they become your friends. Aside from that repair, Mr. Edwards made a recommendation that will save us over $100/year. We are grateful that we found this company.

Description of Work
The plumbers investigated and solved our problem of low water volume reaching our dishwasher.

08/11/2010

BARBARA L.

It was expensive. I spent over $3,000. They removed the old hot water heater, plugged a bath exhaust fan and installed the tankless hot water heater. They also installed a new gas line and new copper piping. The service was excellent from the sales people to getting an estimate and to the installation. They were quick and efficient. It was an expensive undertaking. I will use this company again in the future.

Description of Work
Edwards & Mills Inc installed a tankless hot water heater yesterday.

Category appliance repair, plumbing

12/31/2008

Jennifer P.

Prompt, polite, professional, clean. Came well-recommended by my Realtor and the leak detector I used prior to this call. No complaints.

Description of Work
Repaired leak in upstairs bathroom. Had to cut into downstairs ceiling to complete repair.

06/18/2007

SHIRLENE J.

The company offers residential and commercial services. They are very competent, competitive in pricing, friendly and offer fast service. Unfortunately, I do not recall the price of the repair.

Description of Work
A pipe burst on my exterior faucet. Therefore, the plumber had to install a new faucet handle and pipe. Within 30 minutes, the faucet was back in good working order.

06/18/2007

ROY R.

I like them a lot. We have used them more than once now. They're on time and do good work. I do not know what I paid but I am sure it was reasonable. Since they fixed the hose faucet I have had no more problems with the new faucet.

Description of Work
They replaced the outdoor faucet where you connect the hose to.