EDWARDS & MILLS INC

Founded 1956 • With Angi since June 2007

15 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY AN HOURLY RATE....

Action Appliance Service Inc

Over 20 years experience. Family owned and operated. Cost determined using a flat rate. Travel charges apply.

Septics-R-Us

“If you can’t flush! Call us!” Septics-R-Us 919-638-2087 or 336-508-0471 Septic Tank Pumping, 24/7,Emergency Service Septic System Repairs Lift Station Install and Repair Alarm Lights Services Line Cleaning Septic Pumping Septic Tank Cleaning Septic Field-line Cleaning Septic Risers Septic Filters

Luis Manchola -Appliance Repair

Luis Manchola -Appliance Repair

11/11/2017

John M.

It didn’t. They obviously don’t need the business.

Description of Work
Any contractor that cannot return a call for a quote gets an F in my book. I called their office three times and requested a callback for a quote on several items I needed repaired my house. No call back after several days. Big F.

Category plumbing,gas logs

08/09/2017

Andrew V.

Edwards & Mills did an efficient and fantastic job replacing my 18 year old hot water heater that finally popped. They had the best quote (of 3) and did an incredibly professional job. They were on time, in and out in a half a day, and stuck to their quote to the dollar. I would definitely recommend these guys to a friend. They even took the old water heater to DH Griffin, rather than dumping into a landfill.

Description of Work
18 y/o water heater burst and flooded the basement. Needed an expansion tank, additionally, to meet code. Wanted the old heater discarded responsibly (not just dumped in the landfill)

Category plumbing,water heater repair

04/21/2017

Ryan D.

They arrived right on time, were clean, used booties and drop cloth to protect floors, and completed work promptly. I had a follow up question after they had left which was easily answered over the phone without having to play phone-tag. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Repair/replacement of gas fireplace key valve behind sheetrock.

03/12/2015

Karen R.

They are courteous and clean. They just take care of the problem. I bought the gas logs and they installed it. They are so dependable and they do a good job. Their price is fair. They respond very quickly. They are always on time. They call if they are running late.

Description of Work
Edwards & Mills have taken care of blockage in my lawn. They have installed gas logs for me.

Category gas logs,drain cleaning

08/12/2014

Laura B.

I called the company on 7/23 in the am for an estimate on gas logs and installation. I spoke with a very pleasant lady who assured me that someone would call me back that morning. I waited all day but received no call. Late that same afternoon I called back. Again a very pleasant lady assured me my call would be returned that day. It was not. The following day 7/24 I called again. This time a very curt gentleman answered and told me that they had my name and number and would call when they had time. Two weeks later I am still waiting for that call.

Description of Work
Gas logs

07/08/2014

Marilyn T.

They were extremely responsive and came by to look at the clean-out door, found a perfect replacement locally, removed the old cast iron door and mortared the new door in place the same day. The price was very reasonable and the work was completed quickly.

Description of Work
On the most recent project, I hired them to replace a rusted out cast iron fireplace clean-out door in my chimney. (I have used Edwards & Mills in the past for my new gas hot water installation and they did a great job then also).

Category plumbing,water heater repair,fireplaces

02/13/2014

amanda C.

The technician did not start the unit and claimed it was not necessary to check the issues we were having. They then attempted to bill us approximately $200.00 for the service call. Exceptionally poor service and lacking professionalism.

Description of Work
They attempted to repair our gas fireplace though claimed they could not as they were unfamiliar with the manufacturers product.

Category fireplaces,gas logs

12/13/2013

Nikki B.

These folks were outstanding. I called around 11 am this morning to inquire abour cost/process/etc. for gas log removal and cap on gas line to convert to wood burning. The friendly woman that answered the phone patiently answered all of my questions and gave a definitive price quote. She mentioned that they had a cancellation and would be able to come this afternoon. She called when the servicemen were about 15 mins away to give me the heads up that they were coming by. The gentlemen were prompt, courteous and got the job done quickly. Invoice and materials were clear.No one even complained when they had to crawl into the tiny crawlspace iunder my house to properly cap the gasline. All in all a great experience!

Description of Work
REMOVAL OF OLD GAS LOGS AND CAP OF GAS LINE FOR CONVERSION TO WOOD BURNING

09/20/2013

LeRoy D.

I called them in the afternoon and they came out an hour later to look at my fireplace. They told me it couldn't be repaired and explained why. They were very thorough. They even insisted they vacuum some of the soot to protect my vacuum cleaner. Within minutes they had an estimate to replace the gas logs and burner. I paid them for the service call off they went. I will likely use them for the repair, but will be getting a second quote to be sure the price is fair.

Description of Work
Inspected fireplace

05/06/2013

Collin R.

He was great. He had a lot of reviews. What we needed him with the restoration company and what he did helped the insurance company and even after two weeks he did it. He came out the same day we asked for.

Description of Work
I used Edwards & Mills Inc to fix a leaking hose to our dishwasher.

Category drain cleaning

PLUMBING, PIPING, AND GAS LOGS.