Chrismon Heating & Cooling

North Carolina: Plumbers
12/31/2022

3208 N Ohenry Blvd

Greensboro, NC 27405

For more than 20 years, Chrismon Heating & Cooling has been Greensboro’s top-rated HVAC and Air Sanitization and Purification Specialists. We are committed to “Educating Customers on How to Buy the Right HVAC System and Services”.. We are dedicated to serving all of your HVAC installation and repair needs and we are proud to offer affordable, reliable services to our residential and commercial customers....

HVAC Companies (192)air duct cleaning (3)

04/05/2022

Jacqueline F.

I used them all the time they do the semi annual check ups installed new heating units last year. They're easy to work with.

Description of Work
Annual Inspection

Work Completed On 01/17/2022

04/23/2020

Stuart W.

The crew showed up as scheduled and installed the new unit at our home, made sure everything was running perfectly before departing. I rest easy knowing that if any issues arise, Chrismon will handle it promptly with professionalism! I would highly recommend this company for your HVAC needs! Ron and his crew are down to earth and trustworthy.

Description of Work
New AC unit installation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 06/06/2019

Thank you for your review we appreciate you taking your time letting us know how we did. We appreciate you as a customer and thank you for the opportuinity you provided us. Please call on us if we can help you in the future.

07/31/2019

Eric R.

OMG! They came right on time and was able to resolve my problem quickly. They even went over future possibilities and were very respectful! I would hire them again!!!!

Description of Work
ac unit repair

Work Completed On 07/31/2019

Thank you for this review. We really apprciate you as a customer and thank you for your business.

05/10/2019

Denise B.

Technician showed up promptly on time. Found a problem and was quickly able to resolve it.

Description of Work
HVAC Tune Up

Work Completed On 10/18/2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We really appreciate your business.

01/02/2019

Joseph L.

It went quite well. All work was promptly completed and the system has been functioning perfectly since installation.

Description of Work
New furnace and air conditioning

Work Completed On 06/08/2018

Thank You for taking the time to review our business. We really apprectiate your business.

06/25/2018

Kathleen K.

Chrismon offered me multiple options for replacing my heat pump and explained the different trade-offs clearly. Once I decided on best option, they were prompt and professional in getting it installed. Helped me with financing as well (not an expected expense!)

Description of Work
Replace Heat Pump

Work Completed On 04/14/2018

05/12/2018

Justin L.

The repairman was professional, punctual and performed repair in reasonable time at reasonable cost.

Description of Work
Replace air conditional coil.

Work Completed On 10/10/2017

12/27/2017

Kevin D.

It went great. They finished in one day instead of the three we were quoted.

Description of Work
Heat/AC crapped out on us right before it started to get cold. Called Chrismon and they came out on the weekend real fast. They diagnosed the problem and determined that we needed a new unit. After 20 years with the same unit it was time to get one. They provided electric heaters for our use until they were able to get the new unit installed.

Work Completed On 12/27/2017

09/24/2017

Lori H.

Prompt, professional, friendly. Definitely knew what he was doing.

Description of Work
Just got a deal to have a basic HVAC tune-up done, but they were prompt and professional.

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

09/18/2017

Steven H.

I had some trouble initially contacting them to schedule the appointment. I started on a Friday and finally connected with them on a Monday. They said the delay was due to a phone problem that had been corrected. The tune-up was scheduled and went very well. The technician was on time and very professional. Three days later my upstairs unit froze. I called Chrismon and they sent out a different technician the next day. He found that my upstairs unit was low on freon and he added the amount needed. They did not charge me for the call only the freon.

Description of Work
I purchased a 20-Point Air-Conditioning Tune-Up special that Chrismon Heating & Cooling was running.

Work Completed On 06/27/2017

Thank you so much for your review. We appologize for the trouble that you had communicating with us. We relocated our business durning this time and to say that it was a challenge moving a business this size would be an understatement. We tried to plan ahead but some things were simply out of our control. Again, thanks so much for your review and more importantly your business.

09/08/2017

Nancy K.

Excellent. I asked for some explanation of the work and of the system and received good explanations both times.

Description of Work
Seasonal tune-up of A/C and heating. Used twice so far: 1 spring, 1 fall.

Work Completed On 09/08/2016

Thank you so much for your review and business. We really appreciate it.

08/25/2017

Terry J.

Service was alright. I thought they were going to do more than what they did do, because they only did one. I have 2 air conditioners. It seems like you get less than you think you’re going to get. I was thinking they would do more of a service, but they didn’t. You had to buy into their program or whatever, where you could get more service. They do advertise for their servicing. They have a year round program, which I didn’t sign up for. It wasn’t an inconvenience, they are just trying to promote their business like most people do. The price was reasonable. I would not use this provider again – not in this lifetime.

Description of Work
They did my air conditioner stuff. They serviced it.

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

Thank you for your review we really appreciate the opportunity to service your heating and cooling system. Unfortunately, we do [Member Information Removed] into this situation from time to time with customers assuming or missing the bold print that clearly states that these specials are for only one system. Also, we use the same sheet that customers have at time of purchase for what work will be done so that we perform the task that you paid for. We will look at this situation so that this can be avoided in the future and again thanks for the opprotunity.

07/16/2017

Susan R.

The repairman was friendly and efficient - he quickly diagnosed the problem and got the unit cooling again.

Description of Work
air conditioner needed to be serviced

Work Completed On 07/07/2017

Thanks for your review we really appreciate it and your business.

07/15/2017

Jimmy W.

We were not pleased with their pricing at all. I paid $62 on Angie's List for them just to call me. If I had gone with their servicing I think they would have subtracted that from their fee, but we didn't choose them because they were double the price of another provider. Their customer service was okay. I was just very disappointed in their price when we checked with another one that could do the same service. It would have been better if they had more options on pricing. They did have financing if you wanted to do financing; they had that available. After we found the other provider, we called and canceled with Chrismon. The only complaint I have about them was I think their pricing was way above, much more than the other one that we found. That's the only complaint I have. I think their pricing was way out of range.

Description of Work
They came out and this was for a quote only, for $10,260 for a new air conditioner.

Work Completed On 05/20/2017

Thank you for your review. We are very sympathetic to the cost of heating and cooling systems these days. For example, say you know someone in the heating and cooling business or in other words, have a hook-up, new systems are thousands of dollars. With knowing this we have programs that protect our consumers and their investment. You stated that you recieved the same product that we offered you for half the cost however, this simply is not the case. Our customer protection programs are 1. One Year Cash Back Satisfaction Guarantee. 2. Ten Years no out of pocket expense guaranteed - 10 years parts and labor guarantee. Most companies have only one year labor warranty therefore, after one year and one day of your purchase you could incur expense. 3. Life-Time Unit Replacement for failed compressor or heat exchanger. These components fail you get a new system. 4. 25% Energy Saving Guarantee that saves you from overpaying the utility company thousands of dollars over the years. These are a few items that clearly show most customers would rather spend the amount of money your were quoted with written guarantees that their investment will perform and they are protected instead of a lower price with you taking all the risk that the purchase will work out. Again thanks for your review.

06/02/2017

colleen L.

thorough and professional, offered feedback to my questions.

Description of Work
ac inspection

Work Completed On 03/27/2017

04/15/2017

Warren S.

From the salesman to the installers, was a very good experience. When my second system needs replacing I will call crimson hvac.

Description of Work
Replace complete heat pump system

Work Completed On 04/15/2017

04/07/2017

Diane S.

We did not necessarily have a problem with them. I felt what they told us was high. They came out and were perfectly nice. Their price to fix whatever was really wrong, I just felt was a little high. They did not charge us more for what they did. It turns out that we did need a new unit and their price to replace and install just seemed higher than what we were looking to do and we found someone else.

Description of Work
We purchased a big deal for $44 for an HVAC Service Call and 30-Minute Diagnostic

Work Completed On 04/15/2015

Thank you for the opportunity that you offered us to help you with your heating and cooling project. We as a company try to offer our customers the best value. We feel that this is the best way to have a long time positive relationship. This value sometimes cost a little more up-front but ends up being a great value in the future. For instance, our customers enjoy 10 times the warranty of most companies. With our company, you enjoy no expense for 10 years plus most of our systems come with lifetime unit replacement. Also, our customers like the fact that there is absolutely "no risk" doing business with us. We offer a completed customer one year cash back guarantee. If you are not completly satisfied with our product and service and we can't make it right we give you your money back. As you can imagine with this kind of commitment we do a quality installation and we have never given any cash back since we started this program in 2013. Again, thank you for the opportunity.

04/06/2017

Christopher K.

Tech was on time and professional, as well as knowledgable.

Description of Work
General HVAC maintainence

Work Completed On 04/06/2017

03/21/2017

Daniella S.

Initial visit to assess the problem was on a Wednesday, the repair occurred on a Friday. The repairman gave me a 30 min warning that he was on his way so I could head home to meet him. The repair was expensive (in my opinion) but I truly have no idea how much these things cost. The repair took about one hour.

Description of Work
We needed a damper on one of the air ducts replaced because it was not closing and opening properly.

Work Completed On 03/10/2017

03/04/2017

carolina V.

We’ve got the yearly contract with them now. They were responsible, on time and gave me what I thought was an honest assessment for the unit. They were pretty responsive. My mom received them and she didn’t say they were not on time.

Description of Work
They do our air conditioning here at home. Just a checkup and tune up.

Work Completed On 06/04/2016

12/27/2016

Jim H.

Serviceman called ahead of time to let me know he was coming, arrived on time, and completed the job quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Just needed my heat pump/heating system checked.

Work Completed On 12/01/2016

11/16/2016

wilbourne R.

It was okay. It was good. They came. I didn't pay any additional fee. Their scheduling could have been better. It kind of took me a couple of calls to really get an appointment set up. I think we were just missing each other, so to speak. Price wasn't bad.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Chrismon Heating & Cooling. It was more of a general inspection if it's in a good shape.

Work Completed On 03/21/2016

06/28/2016

George W.

"A" for techs work, knowledge, personality "F" for charge for capacitor....Charged $179.00 for capacitor $6 to $7 on internet, $8 to $10 at Home Depot / Lowes, $5 to $15 on "Angie's List" ( 8 best out of 44 answers on.... How much does it cost for a capacitor to be installed in a home AC unit? ) 1093% markup on $15.00 part... Office Manager said that was a flat rate charge for that part which was changed out in less than 5 minutes. Had on truck because this was a very common, standard demand fix on AC units. I told tech at installation that $179.00 sounded high for the capacitor. Office Manager did not have a flat rate book in the office, said all books out in the field, so could not verify the charge. 100% markup on parts is standard on most industries, but I don't appreciate being taken for over 1000%

Description of Work
Replaced a dual run 30 + 5 44v capacitor