Carolina Improvements

Founded 2006 • With Angi since November 2015

4.2

We are experts in Roofing, Replacement Windows, Vinyl, Rock, & Shake Siding, Chain Link Fences, Decks, and Walk-In Safe Tubs & Showers. We also offer great financing options such as low interest financing & same as cash options. We are an A+ Rated with the Better Business Bureau and have been in business for more than a decade. We are Insured, Professional, Licensed General Contractors, and we love to make our customers happy. We treat every job as if we are working on our own home and we take extra pride in our work....

All American Gutter Protection

The best decision you'll ever make! All American Gutter Protection is an innovative gutter protection company that is established and manufactured in the USA, who prides themselves on the highest quality product, installation, customer service and satisfaction. Specializing in seamless aluminum gutters and a stainless steel micro filter gutter guard, All American Gutter Protection is the number one choice when it comes to all gutter needs. All American Gutter Protection uses only authorized, trained technicians and a lifetime performance warranty.

Gutter Guards America

Gutter Guards America is committed to keeping homeowners off the ladder with America's best maintenance-free gutter guard, backed by quality installation and customer service. Our patented, award-winning design captures more water than other micro-mesh gutter guard systems. We fit our gutter guards over your existing gutters to eliminate leaf and debris build up, allowing your gutters to do their job and keep rainwater away from your foundation. We also install new seamless aluminum gutters if you need them. Made in the USA by the manufacturer of the #1 gutter guard, our gutter guards come with a lifetime transferable warranty and a no clog guarantee. You will have peace of mind knowing your gutters are protected against clogs for the lifetime of the home. And with 0% same as cash financing options, it’s never been easier to protect your entire home with Gutter Guards America. If you are tired of cleaning out your gutters, give us a call for a free no obligation estimate. The knowledgeable and professional representatives at Gutter Guards America provide free, in-home, no obligation estimates tailored to your unique needs. Call to schedule your free, zero obligation gutter guard estimate today, to eliminate gutter cleaning and say goodbye to ladders forever! Call Gutter Guards America at (800) 292-4951 to save 15% on your gutter guard install. We also offer a 10% senior and military discount.

Zen Windows Carolina LLC

At Zen Windows, we think that finding replacement windows and doors for your home should be a simple, pleasant experience. Our team works closely with you via e-mail and phone to help shape the improvements you envision without ever having a salesperson visit your home. Zen Windows sets our clients at ease with our "No Down Payment Policy". All projects are completed before any money is paid to us. We offer a fully-transferable lifetime warranty on both the labor and material of your windows and doors.

Offers by Zen Windows Carolina LLC on Angi

04/07/2020

Kimberly J.

The installation was great and professional. However, get everything in writing. I was quoted one price and was told that price included a discount. Once the job was finished. We received a bill for the exact amount of the discount!! We called but the representative had quit! We still owe them plus major finance company. FYI Get everything in writing. Do not take any word those fast talking sales reps quote! Ever!!

Description of Work
Siding, Gutters, Windows

Category gutter repair,siding,replacement windows

10/20/2019

Laura F.

3 1/2 months later, I was told by the owner it’s completed after a 2nd rebuild and if I did not sign off with approval he will lien my home and it will expose/ruin my credit. The 2nd rebuild was due to the first outside contractor they hired to build my deck. The floor was not leveled, rails were different heights. One side if the rail was 8 to 10 inches from the house and the other side was flushed against the home. One if the rail was higher in one end and made the rail look warped the pickets were installed in the inside of the deck. They screwed the nails so tight it cracked a lot of the pickets and cracked a couple of four by four. The stairs were a safety hazard. I contact these people in the beginning: main reason the 1st outside contractor they hired to my work claim they are disorganized and shady and there are few contractors won’t work for them for good reason. When I told them what I found out they fired that contractor and I said I wanted out and at this time the material was only ordered and not delivered and they did not allow me to back out if the contract. The first day I sent pictures of what the 2nd contractor was doing. He built the frame first and then the post and the cuts he made. I never heard anything from them and when I called to see if he seen the pictures, they said the project manger was busy and I’m not the only customer. Two weeks after I sent the pictures I took more pictures showing what he was doing and they said he was fine. I was left with trash they did not take and pickets they reused are warped and deep cracks. I’m force to sign off of the 2nd time around which it was not a tear down and reused warped pickets and cement rocks and trash left in the ground and told if I will pay attorney their attorney fees and the lien on the house giving me bad credit. They felt I had no reason to be upset and they strong arm me and turned it around on me being very upset for that what happen and will not compensate me for the inconvenience, stress and heartache. The inconvenience dealing with three dogs taking them out 4 to 5 times on a leash to the front of the house and the exposed nails sticking out if the pile of wood they left in my backyard and not deck floor. So much more, but enough to give community in overview what happened to me. They did there best to intimidate me and it worked. I’m signing off with trash and all pickets we are having to replace. So they don’t put a lien on my home and ruin my credit that I have worked so hard for years to have a decent credit rating after my divorce. Carolina Improvement is not a company has a way to make sure they are untouchable when things go wrong. Because they try to fix the mistakes they feel there did not do anything wrong when it took me two weeks to make them use another contractor to fix the mess that took place, they wanted to send the same person who built uneven floor and rails and so much more and who never called the inspector toll he finished and the inspector told me it was their first time out and did not pass inspection and even the inspector said to me @ I hope you have not paid them yet.” It’s been a nightmare and very stressful.

Description of Work
Backyard Deck

Category decks,fencing

10/21/2018

Verna H.

Although we signed a contract with the company in mid June and was told that work would start within 2-3 weeks, they only began working on our project in August. The company installed a composite deck which we were informed by its salesman that this was the best type of deck due to its neat appearance of not having any nail holes, unlike wood decks. However, this was not the case. Every single screw installed is clearly visible, and although the installer informed us that he questioned the company regarding the type of screws provided, the company refused to provide an alternative. After several attempts of trying to get someone in charge over the phone, we were eventually told that there was nothing they could do and actually asked us to offer a solution. Further, the deck railing is incomplete as improper angles were sent in with the materials. We have waited too long for this to be taken care of. Because of the lack of responsiveness from the company and its negative attitude with us, we were compelled to file a complaint against the company with the Better Business Bureau.

Description of Work
deck installation

Category decks,replacement windows

07/19/2018

Rene J.

This is a follow-up to a previous review, in which I gave them a "D." Now they're at an F. In my first review, I spoke of the lack of follow up and response to my request for a written quote. Despite having both my phone number and my email address, they chose to provide the quote in a response to my review publicly on Angie's List. Who does this? I saw it about three weeks after the fact, when I happened to return to the site. I contacted them again to arrange another meeting (despite my reservations about them). The salesman called me a couple of days after I called and said he could come to my house the following Tuesday. I told him I would be returning from a trip that evening, but could meet any other day that week. He said he could not meet on any of the other days I proposed, but that he would call me back to set something up. Two weeks later, he called again. By that point, I had already signed a contract with another company. Their customer service is inexcusably poor.

Description of Work
Estimate on window replacement.

09/20/2017

Tammy L.

Excellent company! Very professional work! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Siding replaced on entire house.

Category gutter repair,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows

09/20/2017

Tammy L.

Very professional and the house looks amazing!

Description of Work
New siding.

Category remodeling,roofing,replacement windows

Thank you so much for the very nice review! We hope you enjoy your home!

06/07/2017

Tim S.

Charged upfront locking me in to their company. Then they claimed this was a repair not a new roof so refused to provide any meaningful warranty. They actully told me I was lucky to be getting 30 days as "repairs" don't get ANY warranty. Obviously, they are doing whatever they can to NOT stand behind their work. They already had my money so I had no recourse. The form I submitted at the start of this was for a repair to my tin roof. However since it was not visible from the street, this actually turned out to be a new roof over two sections of flat tar and gravel. A "new " rubber roof, which is what they put on, would have had a 50 year warranty. Would not negotiate and basically stiffed me. Just hoping the new roof holds up.

Description of Work
New roof over two flat sections

First, I would like anyone reading this review to understand this customer ordered a repair on his roof from us. The agreement he signed and agreed to CLEARLY states there is no warranty on roof repairs. We repaired this customers roof in a very timely fashion, but we did not replace it. He had several sections of flat roof tied into the metal roof which required rubber membrane to repair and to last. This customer has demanded that we give him a warranty after the fact, though he was fully aware no warranty is offered on repairs. This customer essentially attempted to "Bully" us into giving him a warranty after the work was done, and since we said no, he threatened to post bad reviews about our company, so here we are. Some people are very unreasonable when they don't get what they want, which is certainly the case here. On the bright side, this customer did get a very professional repair which will likely last for many years. Perhaps in a few years he will change this review.

12/18/2016

Tammy L.

We just got the job finished last Friday, December 16th. Shane and his crew were outstanding! They were very hard workers(even with a couple of rainy days). They barely took a lunch break and worked right up until dark. The siding is beautiful and the house looks brand new! We are very impressed and I am sure we will call Carolina Improvements for more work in the future! Call them and you can't go wrong! Thanks so much Carolina Improvements!

Description of Work
Carolina Improvements replaced our old cedar siding with new vinyl siding.

Category siding

09/29/2016

Albert W.

It went very well, the windows reduce the noise in the house greatly and the windows look great.

Description of Work
Replace windows in a rental house in Elizabeth City, N.C.

09/10/2016

David M.

I signed a contract on July 15, 2016 with Carolina Improvements for eight replacement windows with grids ($200 upcharge for adding grids to windows). I was required to pay with a certified check for both the cost and labor for installing the windows upfront on July 15, 2016 (As required by Carolina Improvements). I was told by the owner that the windows would be installed no later than August 5th, 2016. They arrived to install the windows on August 5th, 2016, however, none of the windows had grids as specified on the contract and one of the windows was broken. I was assured by the owner that this was just a one-time internal mistake made when ordering the windows from the manufacturer that never happens, and the earliest they could get the windows re-ordered and installed was August 19th, 2016. The installer made his 2nd trip to my house on August 19th, 2016, with eight new windows with grids. During the 2nd attempt to install the custom windows, the installer noted that all of the windows had been cut 7/8 of an inch too short, so none of them fit. I was contacted by the owner again who placed the blame of the manufacturer, for not cutting the windows to specifications. I was told the earliest that they could receive new windows and install them would be another two weeks, on September 2nd 2016. I was contacted by Carolina Improvements on September 1st, 2016, to let me know that my windows had not arrived as promised, and it would in fact be another week before they could install them. The installer made his 3rd trip to my home on September 9th, 2016, to install the windows. During installation one of the windows on the front of my house was shattered, and is still currently broken at this time. The owner has told me that it could potentially be September 23rd, 2016 before the replacement window could be installed, which will be their 4th trip to my home. I have been assured by the owner during each mistake that these mistakes never happen at Carolina Improvements, and that I am just that “One in a hundred customer” with this experience. The bottom line is that I paid Carolina Improvements a certified check over 8 weeks ago for the entire cost of my windows as required by the company, and it could be 10 weeks before they are actually installed, and that is under the assumption that the job is completed successfully on the 4th attempt. I was able to completely remodel the house to put it on the market in less than 3 weeks, coordinating with painters, roofers, plumbers, and laying new floors. However, the windows that I was assured would take no more than 3 weeks beginning to end to install, are still not complete. When speaking with the owner on September 9th, I was told that “Broken windows are not keeping me from putting the house on the market”. I have also been reminded several times by the owner that he has lost money on the transaction as well (From mistakes made by his company). The true cost is to the customer, who has now paid thousands of dollars for an unsatisfactory product and service upfront that is still not complete 8 weeks later. The owner offered me a $300 rebate check on the windows I paid for July 13th for my experience with Carolina Improvements. $300 comes nowhere close to covering the cost for keeping a house off the market and paying a mortgage an additional 2 months due to all of the mistakes made by the company, not to mention the 4 days I have taken off of work to meet the installer. I own a small business as well, and understand that mistakes happen from time to time, but you have to make sure that the customer is made whole again. Ten weeks and at least 4 trips to install 8 windows is more incompetence than a casual mistake happening here and there to “One in a hundred customers”. Carolina Improvements states on their website that, “We do it right the first time. And if we mess something up, we come back and correct it”. How I wish either of those statements were actually true!

Description of Work
8 Vinyl Replacement Windows

Category replacement windows

The things that this customer has said are true. It has been one mistake after another after another. We (Carolina Improvements) made the first mistake by not ordering the grids, and for this we are very sorry. The second and third mistakes were made by our manufacturer, and for this we are sorry and it is embarrassing. The forth mistake was made by our installer Tommy, and it was an accident that he broke the window while installing it, and of course, we are sorry. We have apologized to Mr. [Member Name Removed] more times than we can count and given him a $300 rebate check as part of the apology. Unfortunately, it has not been enough. Hopefully his replacement sash will come in this Thursday and we will install it Friday. We are very sorry so many things have gone wrong with this one customer. We work our butts off every day to make sure these type of things don't happen to our patrons. Unfortunately, everything seemed to go wrong with this job. This is not ok with us, nor will it ever be.

Carolina Improvements

Founded 2006 • With Angi since November 2015

4.2

312 Orville Wright Dr

Greensboro, NC 27409

Roofing. Vinyl Siding. Replacement Windows. Kitchen & Bath Remodeling. Room Additions. Fencing. Decks.

Insurance Estimates. Repair Services.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing