Able Sewer & Drain Cleaning

Founded 1964 • With Angi since July 2010

We specialize in most drainage problems including video inspection of sewer line and leak detection. We also clear drain blockages, sewer lines, sinks, lavatories, septic tanks lines, AC lines, and appliance drains. We also offer residential plumbing services and some commercial as well....

A Service Provider's profile image

drain cleaning (93)plumbers (67)sewer cleaning (28)septic tank service (6)appliance repair (3)drain pipe installation (2)air duct cleaning (2)floor cleaning (1)HVAC Companies (1)

01/29/2021

James H.

They did a great job on a short notice call. We would recommend them again

Description of Work
Drain cleaning

Category appliance repair, plumbing, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 01/29/2021

10/22/2020

Anne K.

I can't say enough good things about this company! They respond quickly and are fairly priced. I found this company for my elderly mother. She called me as soon as the plumber left and she went on and on about how great he was. What was truly impressive was that the plumber showed her how to fix the problem if it happened again. Most companies would not do this because they would want the repeat business. I've used Angie's List for a lot of projects and once again, I've found an excellent company!

Description of Work
Fix a faucet

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

07/21/2020

Andy A.

They returned my daytime message which wasn’t urgent at the end of the workday. I was able to give them the 6 pages regarding plumbing from the buyers inspection report. They gave me a quote and time to perform the above inspection and repair requests. Hopefully the quote will be reasonable and work performed in a timely proper manner to help us close our house sale.

Description of Work
Plumbing work from a due diligence inspection report, two leaky faucets, inspect pipes, replace a toilet valve and maybe address a couple of chips.

Work Completed On 07/21/2020

08/20/2019

Robert K.

Able Sewer and Drain sent Alex out the same day as the call, saying they were sure he could do fix our problems for an hourly fee, and would not need to replace any pipes. He cleared both blockages with one effort: He carried the very heavy "rooter" machine up a ladder to the roof, and sent it down through an venting pipe, having figured out that both the sink and washer drain were on the same line. Charge: one hour's service! He saved us over $2000 over the RR bid.

Description of Work
We had a double blockage of a drainage pipe from kitchen sink drain to clothes washer in basement. a Roto-Rooter bid was for $1700 to fix kitchen drain (new piping) and $425 for washer drain.

Cost $127.5

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

05/30/2019

REBECCA P.

Alex responded quickly and tackled the job in the sweltering heat, refusing to give up! I highly recommend this company and will never look elsewhere. They come when they say, do an excellent job and charge fairly.

Description of Work
Cleared a blockage from skimmer line on in-ground pool

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

01/20/2019

Douglas B.

Alex was SUPERB!!! When my call was returned he patiently listed to my description of the problem and within 30 seconds knew what was wrong. He showed up immediately (it was evening...after hours) and stuck with the job until he felt he had it fixed. He showed up a couple of days later when I had another problem and fixed that within minutes. This man is ethical, professional, and very competent!!! If I could find a way to personally give him all the business in Greensboro I would! So grateful for the man of God...you will be too.

Description of Work
Our laundry room waste water line was backed up. Subsequent to this (next day) our toilet was backed up!

Work Completed On 01/20/2019

11/15/2018

Velina B.

I am very pleased with the responsiness of Able Sewer & Drain. Resolved issue and the price was fair.

Description of Work
gas leak at hot water tank

Work Completed On 11/13/2018

10/27/2018

Nancy K.

Terrible. The company sent Shawn out who did barely anything. Said he had to leave to put in someone's faucet and he would be back and call. I never heard from him again! I looked back at Angies list reviews inly to read that someone wrote Shawn arrived on time and that he completed the work! I had spoken to the owner with my complaint and was extremely surprised that information was on the review of his work. Very unprofessional!

Description of Work
SEWAGE PUMP STOPPEDD UP

Category septic tank, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/24/2018

We have never done work at this address. Would ask that customer provide a bill for her services from us. We are very sorry for who you had that experience with. We wil be contacting Angie's List to resolve this confusion. Sincerely, Christy

07/15/2018

Jaron C.

Had backup of toilet and shower. Called Able Sewer and Cleaning. The interaction on the phone could have been better, as far as more polite customer service when the service guy did not come in the estimated time ("about an hour"). The price was more than I was expecting, but was understandable due to the after hours time-frame. Besides that, everything else was great. The service guy, Jason, was friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and effective. He was able to address the issue promptly and answered questions from my wife and I. We really enjoyed our interaction with him! We would definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Clogged drain line in bathroom

Work Completed On 07/15/2018

06/08/2018

L.S. H.

Shawn showed up when he said he would, knocked it right out.

Description of Work
Needed clean out installed.

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

Cost $356.25

Work Completed On 06/04/2018

04/07/2018

Thomas C.

Both times things went exceptionally well. On time, professional and reasonably priced. This is the 4th or 5th time we have called them in the last few years.

Description of Work
Had new garbage disposal installed. 2 Weeks prior cleared a drain.

Work Completed On 04/03/2018

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for taking time to give us such an outstanding review. When reviews come in, it makes my day bright knowing we have succeeded in doing our job. We value your loyalty and thank you again! Christy

01/19/2018

amy H.

we called and they came right away. the first time they resolved the issue but we had different issues arise a few days later. they came as soon as possible--in the ice and snow at 6 pm---and stayed until the problem was completely solved. professional, prompt, friendly. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
our drains were backing up---washing machine draining into shower, toilet backing up.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 01/19/2018

01/06/2018

Susan W.

Sean McGayhey is the most knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and selfless (yes, i said selfless) plumber my husband and I have ever had the good fortune to work with. I cannot recommend him highly enough. We came home from a trip overseas to a home with no water. We called two other plumbers with no response, then due to a stroke of good fortune and thanks to other solid reviews from Angie’s List we found Sean via Able Sewer & Drain Cleaning. Why is Sean so great? 1. We received a return phone call within minutes of leaving a message. On a Saturday morning, early. And he was fighting a cold. 2. He helped us trouble shoot remotely first to eliminate minor issues: this saved us an immense amount of time and money. Time is money when you are dealing with no water! 3. Sean is so passionate about what he does and thoughtful, he went the extra mile to ask about pipes and hoses connected to the home. This was not our immediate issue, but we are so grateful he thought ahead for us. Who does that? He did.... 4. He suggested ways and means for us to prevent future problems that extend way beyond just running a faucet during extreme cold temperature. Ways to protect our well. The bottom line is Sean and Able Sewer and Drain Cleaning have earned four thumbs up and 10 star-rating from us for being an amazing company who does what they say they are going to do and do so with intelligence, compassion and a sense of urgency. We feel that he went over and beyond due to knowledge and passion for his work. Thank you Sean!

Description of Work
Our pipes had frozen, we had no water and we needed it fixed immediately! It was not in the house, it was coming from our well.

Work Completed On 01/06/2018

12/06/2017

Bruce S.

Justin from Able Sewer & Drain came out, snaked out the line, showed me where the drain line had been improperly installed, and worked until just about after dark to clear the portion of salvageable drain. Extremely professional and excellent at his work.

Description of Work
Downspout drain clogged, with water back-up into house.

Work Completed On 10/27/2017

07/19/2017

Jeanelle H.

Excellent - prompt, efficient, professional

Description of Work
Interior repairs - including but not limited to: Replaced water heater, repaired/hooked up fridge ice maker

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Work Completed On 06/16/2017

07/05/2017

Clifford S.

It didn't take Tim long at all to replace the bibbs. He was very through and professional. He was very good at explaining to me what he was going to do and how long it would take him.

Description of Work
Changed out both hot and cold hose bibbs on washing machine box. We got a new washing machine and the cold water bibb started leaking when we hooked up the washing machine.

Work Completed On 07/06/2017

05/24/2017

frances C.

Great. They were quick and helpful and affordable.

Description of Work
Clogged drain ... the blockage was in the yard ... So no hope for us to fix ourselves

Work Completed On 04/22/2017

04/12/2017

Janice C.

Fine tank did not need to be cleaned at this time

Description of Work
Cleaned septic tank

Work Completed On 02/10/2017

S K C.

He called to see if he could come early and took care to clean up when he was finished excellent service. Would recommend.

Description of Work
Cleared laundry and kitchen line

Work Completed On 03/03/2017

03/15/2017

Excellent. They were prompt and made sure everything was working properly. I have used them before.

Description of Work
Cleaned drain

Category sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 02/24/2017

Kay F.

Alex was right on time, did a great job and explained everything to me in great detail

Description of Work
Master toilet remained sluggish after prior repair Alex raised water level in toilet for more pressure and ran snake through again.

Category sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 02/24/2017

02/27/2017

Able is always prompt and efficient in their service. The results are always beyond expectations. I am a repeat customer for many years and will remain so.

Description of Work
Drain cleaning 100ft.

Work Completed On 10/09/2016

02/02/2017

Rachael W.

Great! Extremely fast service and response!

Description of Work
Drain cleaning.