Keith E Moseley Masonry

Founded 1987 • With Angi since May 2010

6826 bethel church road

Gibsonville, NC 27249

We are a full service masonry contractor. We do all things masonry...brick-block-stone-precast-pavers-fireplaces-repairs-patios-walks-fences-retaining walls,etc. We usually employ from 4 to 10 people depending upon work load. All jobs are priced individually. We have been in business since 1987

06/04/2019

Brian N.

It's very clear that Keith cares about the work he and his crew does. We had a lot of repointing work needed on our house due to deteriorating mortar (the entire top of a 40 foot retaining wall, 4 sets of brick stairs, and other miscellaneous spots around the perimeter of the house). My two biggest concerns going into this project were making sure the new mortar matched the old and that the new mortar stayed off the front of the bricks. Keith and his crew meticulously repointed everything so that the mortar matches very close and the bricks are clean. They definitely exceeded my expectations and I appreciate the amount of time and care taken to do a great job. Keith is responsive, diligent, thorough, careful, and caring about the work he does. He is incredibly knowledgeable and is happy to give advice regarding your masonry. Even if he has a number of jobs lined up after yours, he will take the time to do yours right instead of rushing out as fast as possible to the next big gig. We have some more masonry projects we plan to do, and Keith will be our man. Thank you, Keith.

Description of Work
Repointing 4 sets of stairs (~25% of mortar), repointing the top of a 40 foot retaining wall (100% of mortar), adding a mortar wash above a soldier row, and general repointing around our house

01/09/2018

Angella C.

Excellent job. He is neat and on time.

Description of Work
He removed the wood supports for my deck and installed brick columns

01/09/2018

Angella C.

On time and on budget

Description of Work
Did an excellent job. They were neat and always on time. Communicated with me every step.

03/03/2016

Pallav B.

This is an unbiased review on Keith E. Moseley. I am in the midst of a corporate relocation as part of a job move. My house in Cary, NC was inspected as part of the corporate relo. They picked up a phenomenon called efflorescence (mineral deposit) on a cinder block wall and as a consequence I was asked by the relocation folks to basically remove some of the external stone fascia and install a moisture barrier then refix the stones to fix the "moisture problem". I reached out to a bunch of stone mason's including Keith. He got back to me promptly. I basically sent him the inspection report and didn't pay him a dime. I asked him if he thought it was worth removing the stones, install the barrier and would that actually remediate the supposed problem. After looking over the report he noted that there wasn't really a problem which I also happened to believe as the moisture levels in the stone after a recent 2inches of heavy rain were low. His opinion - just wipe the efflorescence off and leave it alone; the stonework involved would likely do more harm than good, wouldn't actually prevent efflorescence, bump the bottom stones out and might cause a mismatch in stone color. I was mightily impressed with his unbiased opinion provided free. Where do you get service like that? I am sometimes in two minds about my Angie's List subscription but an opinion like Keith's is well worth the price. He provided this service for free and to me makes him highly credible and a consummate professional. Keith - a big thank-you (whatever happens with my relo!) I hope others will look to make use of your wisdom and stone masonry skills....Your unbiased opinion is greatly appreciated. Pallav A. Bulsara.

Description of Work
Provided an unbiased, free (!) opinion on a home inspection report detailing some stone work modifications

07/20/2015

Earline J W.

Description of Work
Phone call to this company was never returned.

04/16/2015

Peter Z.

Description of Work
Kieth took a while to establish communications but once we talked the first time he was always responsive and on top of things. He replaced my front porch steps, repaired my retaining wall and the storm water cdrains in my fron yard that all were in disrepair. He also installed brick pavers on my front walk. This involved removing the first ten feet or so of the existing walk and repour the walk as a base for the pavers to make sure that there was no elevation change between the walk and driveway. | |Kieth and his crew were always prompt, showing up every morning around 7:00 every day until the job was complete. They even stayed late on Friday to complete the job before the weekend. I would not heasitate to use Kieth again for any of my masonary needs.

01/31/2014

Keith B.

Seemless work. Can not tell old brick and mortor from new. Gery nice work.

Description of Work
Repaired masonry on the side of my house.

07/09/2013

Judy R.

I read all the pros and cons from other Angie's list users and was a little concerned about calling/using him. However I do know that you cannot always please everyone all of the time so I decided to give him a chance. I called and we made an appointment for him to come and give the estimate. He cancelled claiming he got tied up with another customer and wanted to finish the job he was working on. It happens...not a problem...we rescheduled. As the next appointment approached, he cancelled...claimed some employees didn't show up. Ok, it happens, we rescheduled....but now I'm a little concerned and skeptical. The day of the 3rd appointment approaches.....you guess it! He cancelled! Said he had to meet a truck. I told him than this was the third appointment he cancelled and that this was very poor business practices, and if he cancelled the estimate so many times how do I know he would ever show up to actually do the job if I hired him. He said if I insisted he would try to move then truck delivery but it would really be an inconvenience and be difficult to do, so....yes, we rescheduled for the following Saturday morning. Saturday morning he showed up on time. He told me at that time that he came to my house directly from spending the night in a hospital, he even had the hospital bracelet still on his wrist. But he said how important it was to him to get to me to give the estimate. We discussed what I needed done, he measured and said he would email me the estimate in a couple of days. I received the estimate timely as promised. The estimate was well over $2,500.00 higher that the other 4 estimates to received. Needless to say between the unreasonably high estimate and my concerns in his inability to show up regularly to complete a fairly good sized job and his abundance of excuses, we chose to use another mason for our work.

Description of Work
We wanted an estimate for the cost of installing pavers on our walkway and on our front porch.

Category masonry, hardscaping

I am sorry you are so unhappy with our contact, however the comments are far from true. I only ASKED if it would be a problem to reschedule 1 TIME, and said I would honor our original appointment time if need be. There were not 3 appointments EVER. [member name removed] AND husband were extremely rude to me from first contact. If I wasn't worried about getting a negative review, I would have never even looked at the job after being talked to "like a dog" durring first phone call. Some of the comments are correct, most are not. I respect and value ALL potential customers, and do not want to seem abrasive, but I can not apoligize for things that never happened.I was as prompt and professional as possible. This review is WAY out of line. [member name removed] should think about the damage her lies can cause. If anything ,she should correct the description of how things went. I have 26 years in business and find it hard to believe that others could trim $2500 from a quote of $4940 (option 1) $6389 (option 2) and actually complete the project nicely! Keep in mind, we who contract talk among ourselves and have a good grip on what the "going rates" are. I am not the Idiot nor scheister that [member name removed] wants everyone to think I am, and refuse to take that crap.

05/06/2013

Kenneth R.

It went amazingly well. Keith delivers exactly what he says he will. The steps look amazing. Definitely makes a positive change to the look of the units. Thanks Keith!

Description of Work
Replaced brick and mortar steps at two adjacent rental units.

04/13/2013

Mark A.

The experience was wonderful. Keith took the time to understand exactly what I wanted. He made great suggestions based on his experience which were spot-on. He identified a drainage issue that would be caused before work began and immediately offered how he would solve the problem. He also worked with me to get to a price I felt comfortable with. He and his crew showed up every day for a week on time and ready to work. Yes, he was there the whole time! They worked efficiently yet with great craftsmanship. Often I would see him sharing his knowledge and artistry, showing his workers how to cut brick and mortar joints to achieve the best look and the highest quality outcome. He is a real craftsman! They cleaned up beautifully afterward. The yard was left in a great shape. The only disturbed what they absolutely had to and made sure things were in place and cleaned afterward. I've had quite a bit of landscaping work done in the past, and I have to say this is the best experience I've had so far. I never felt pushed into something I didn't want. I never felt like I had to and quot;superviseand quot; them to make sure they stayed with the plan or did the job right. Keith made sure of that! Overall it was actually a nice, relaxing experience for me. Loved the service. Loved the experience. Love the outcome!

Description of Work
Installation of an approximately 50' brick sidewalk with steps and wing walls that included new step lighting and wiring for additional landscape lighting and a new drainage line under the sidewalk; also grading and installation of an approximately 20' stone paver sidewalk.

04/08/2013

Kenneth R.

Keith had previously replaced the steps outside of one of my rental units. I called on him to do the second unit. It looks awesome! He does such a good job, that he is also going to be called on to replace my other unit's steps. Keep up the good work.

Description of Work
Repaired/replaced a second set of brick steps outside my rental unit.

01/22/2013

Jonathan H.

Was very helpful, courteous, fair price and was very willing to work around my personal schedule.

Description of Work
Ripped down stone on my chimney so a roofer could repair damage, and put the stone back up. Also water sealed the stone.

Category masonry, chimney repair

11/05/2012

Jo Ann L.

This was a small job to add a row of bricks to a step to make it safer and easier to enter our home. Mr. Moseley stopped by to take a look. He was very nice and courteous and seemed interested, but we never heard from him again. In October, we called another brick mason from the Yellow Pages, and he did the job quickly and well.

Description of Work
The job was not done.

Category masonry

Sorry. Very small job, got forgotten in the mix. I was going to do it when we were close by, so it could be really cheap, but it slipped my mind.

10/29/2012

Kenneth R.

I contacted Keith with regards to my rental units and the steps for each building. His guys have done a great job replacing and repairing the brick steps. It has definitely improved the curb appeal for my apartment buildings.

Description of Work
Repair/Replace existing steps at apartments.

09/22/2012

Henry C.

Provided an estimate and work was performed timely and at the price quoted. Will use again.

Description of Work
Repaired a brick fence that been damaged by a riding lawn mower.

05/22/2012

Stacy L.

Start to finish was excellent service

Description of Work
I called Mr. Moseley to look at some masonry damage to my home. He responded in a very timely and professional manner, he let me know that the previous mason had given me incorrect information and that I did not need any repairs to my home. I would definitely call Mr. Moseley for any future projects for my home.

02/07/2012

Harold D.

It didn't go. No call back from owner or company.

Description of Work
I called requesting a quote for brick work on my house. I never did speak to anyone, only received an answering machine or voicemail. I left a message and waited a few days with no call back. A second attempt resulted in same voicemail and I left another message. Never did receive a call back. Used local legendary brick mason, Red McAdams in Burlington. Red has been in the masonry business for over 50 years around burlington and he and his crew always preform great work at a fraction of the cost of others. He is NOT on Angie's list, but was referred to me by two different, completely independent referrals. HIGHLY recommend you call Red rather than this guy. His number is 336-260-1436.

Category masonry

Member Thank you for the original call. I realize that my not returning your call was unprofessional. That time period was very hard for us, we lost 3 of 4 parents in 3 months and were out of town a lot to take care of final arrangements and estate issues. I'm glad you found Red, I know him and agree he is a good mason. Regards Keith

10/19/2011

Reane T.

His price was good, the work was good, he was on time for the appointment and he was very personable. Our only complaint was that communication was not timely. We had to prompt him several times (voicemail, direct email and via Angie's List) before we got an actual firm appointment for getting the work done after he came out to do an estimate on the job.

Description of Work
Keith did a great job installing a damper in our 1923 fireplace.

Category chimney repair, fireplaces

09/29/2011

Jill K.

He was a very nice guy and was very helpful. He did an estimate for damage that my daughter had caused in a driveway.

Description of Work
This was for an estimate.

09/29/2011

Jill K.

They never called us back after leaving a message.

Description of Work
This was for an estimate on masonry.

08/05/2011

Christopher B.

This was a small job and I was having trouble finding a contractor that would return my phone calls let alone visit my home to provide a quote. Mr Moseley came out to evaluate what needed to be done, and provided a quote. We set up an appointment later to complete the repairs which were done in a timely and professional manner. I was very happy with the quality of the work and the price. I would most definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Repaired the railing and brick stairs leading up to the front porch

01/11/2011

Carla J.

Their service was excellent. They were on time and did a great job. They were very clean at the job site and very professional. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
They built a 100 foot, 18 inch high stone wall for our property.

11/03/2010

Kelli P.

Excellent. Keith is friendly and well informed. His workers are professional and his roofing sub (Robert Leonard) was great on the flashing redo and other problem. The chimney is now very beautiful and the price was good. Keith took on the job where some others acted like they could only do one or the other. The flashing had to be tucked into the grout as part of the rebuild and he timed it just right. The roof is metal and the roofing sub explained everything and fixed some other bad spots. The chimney looks so much better than what the previous owner had done which had caused so many problems over the past few years. VERY BIG HEADACHE GONE NOW - THANKS KEITH and Crew!

Description of Work
Major oversize brick chimney repair including flashing repair. New exterior done in matching stonework w, new higher angle crown build for drainoff on the large surface area.

Category masonry, chimney repair, fireplaces

06/19/2010

Jen S.

Keith was very detail oriented and wanted to make sure the job was done right. He was able to match mortar for a crack on a pillar and even faux finished the brick the other mason installed to make it blend better. He has a strong attention to detail which we really appreciate. I think Keith's costs are very reasonable for the quality he provides. The one lesson I have learned in life is that you get what you pay for!

Description of Work
Correcting another mason's work on a brick pillar. Walkway restoration. Front step sealant and replaced mortar where needed. Fixed crack and sealed chimney. Re-worked top of mailbox so that water would properly drain.

Category masonry, chimney repair, fireplaces

05/14/2010

Sean C.

He persuaded me against replacing my whole front steps/stoop, which saved me a lot of money, and he was right; with the new mortar and sealing, my stoop and front steps look great. He did a lot of experimenting to get a beige mortar which would match the pre-existing mortar when it dried, and he had good suggestions (which he explained in detail) of little things he could do to improve the appearance and long-term stability of the walk. The ugly cracks in my facade and retaining wall now blend in with the surrounding walls. He was also able to explain what had caused the crack in my facade and how to watch for future problems. He showed up when he said he would. They were here for 4 days. His crew was very neat (both in the work done and in the prep areas), and they cleaned up the dust and mortar droppings thoroughly and carefully. Keith was a real perfectionist. All in all, it all looks great, he and his crew were very professional, they did everything I needed done at a reasonable price, and the process I had dreaded could not have been more painless.

Description of Work
I had a new brick walkway installed. I also had a lot of cracks and deteriorated mortar between bricks of my house, front steps, retaining wall, and patio walls, which another "mason" had repaired using a very ugly contrasting (grey) mortar which had also been smeared over the bricks and never cleaned off. Keith and his crew ground out the grey mortar and removed it from the bricks, and then put in a colored mortar to match the old surrounding mortar.

Category masonry, fireplaces, hardscaping

Brick Doctor Inc

We install and repair stone, brick, block on residential and commercial. We specialize in stone, building outdoor fireplaces and outdoor living areas.

Two brothers Masons and Landscaping

Our core value is to perform all of our work as if is for our own family. We go the extra mile even if that means no profit for the business. Our experience goes back to 2005 and our pasion for a better community is our motor. Our skills on All natural stone work, pavers, patios, masonry, firepit, concrete work, Landscaping, Lawn maintenance, drainage and Lawn irrigation is what we do and our experience shows in our work and respect to your family as if is ours. All work is done honesly, professionally and guarantee.

T&M CONCRETE

Owner operated with over 15 years of experience! Concrete Specialists - Driveways, Sidewalks, Patios, Stamped & Decorative Concrete, Foundations, And More. We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award

brick, block, stone installation and repairs. Patios, walks, privacy fence, retaining walls (masonry and interlocking) Fireplaces - indoor and outdoor. ALL masonry from small repairs to medium commercial. We specialize in the things that not "just any brick layer" can do !

We do not install or repair pre-fab (zero clearance) fireplaces. We do not install gas logs (we DO rough-in gas piping for future gas log or lighter installation)