Poole's Plumbing

Founded 1999 • With Angi since April 2010

200 Tinsteel Ct

Garner, NC 27529

Poole's Plumbing, Inc. is a fully licensed and insured residential and commercial Raleigh plumbing contracting company that was created in 1999 by Robert K. Poole. With two men, a truck, and a dream he had aspirations that one day his company would be one of the top plumbing contractors in the

07/27/2020

Susan P.

After a very long weekend, I called Poole’s early Monday morning. Asked for advice and Carrie was most helpful. By 4:00 that afternoon, I was using hot water. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
On a Friday our hot water heater went out.

12/30/2019

Alice C.

They're prices was really good, they were very reliable, very responsive, they do it right the first time so they never had to come back.

Description of Work
They replace our toilets and they're putting in a Rinnai tank less water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

02/06/2019

Trish A.

The technicians were wonderful! I’ve had Poole’s come several times for maintenance and to do minor repairs and they are always extremely helpful and professional. First class. Can’t say enough good things about them.

Description of Work
Fixed toilet and replaced shower head

04/25/2018

Preston J.

The work was completed quickly and neatly.

Description of Work
Annual flush and tuneup of tank less water heater.

10/22/2017

Constance C.

I called a few places not expecting a same-day appointment, so was happy that Poole's could send someone on a Friday afternoon. They called ahead as promised. When they arrived, I clearly showed them the shower stall location and pointed out the water shut-off on the front side of my house. I don't know why he chose to open the crawl space about 30 feet from the location of the leak, where my other shut-off was located. In the process, while pulling the ladder out from under the house, he caught it on the shut-off handle which broke and caused a leak in the main line. Being on a community well, we had to wait half an hour for someone to come shut the water off at the pump house for the repair, which meant all my neighbors were without water during this time while water was gushing out under my house and into the yard. What should have been a simple repair, an hour at the most, turned into a 3-hour stressful ordeal due to their employee's carelessness, and a great deal of inconvenience for a number of people. The supervisor would not give a price discount to compensate for the terrible experience (they charged me for the shower repair, not for the damage they caused). All I got was the excuse that "the pipe was brittle, it would have happened if anyone touched it." Not even a "sorry for the trouble." I realize the problem was not caused intentionally, but it was still their employee's doing. This company has much to learn about good customer service.

Description of Work
Leak repair under shower drain.

Category plumbing

We fixed the broken pipe at our expense and we did apologize. We did not discount the other service because one thing had nothing to do with the other. It was cpvc pipe that was extremely brittle and all my employee did was touch it. He had to turn the water off at this location. No water was "gushing" under her house. We took care of all damages but I guess that just wasn't enough. Some people use the threat of a bad review as a way to get whatever they want. We are sorry for the damage and will always take responsibility for any damage and try to make it right. She wanted the repair to her shower for nothing for her inconvenience or she would write a bad review. I refuse to be blackmailed over the threat of a bad review.

08/02/2017

Charles C.

This was a great experience. The Poole's Plumbing team were professional, focused on meeting my needs and expectations. They treated my problem with a sense of urgency. The process was extremely organized. Even though I worked with 3 field service teams through the project, each team were prompt and very professional.

Description of Work
Replacement of an on-demand hot water heater.

03/31/2017

Jeremy S.

Scheduling secretary was extremely rude on the phone. I called at 7am and was told I would be able to be scheduled the same day and that once the price for my unit was resolved I would be called back. I called back 4 hours later after not hearing a response then was told i had to pay an Extra $400 because there was no room on the schedule. If I hadn't called back I don't know when I would have heard back from them. Then to top it off when I informed them that they said it would be today I was called a liar and accused of being unreasonable. I wish I had checked their other terrible reviews before using them. I used them last summer and had no issue however they must have changed staff or maybe they are just having an off day (or months).

Description of Work
Water Heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

If our regular schedule is full then we can go out on an after hours basis. The reason for the additional fee is that we have to pay our employees overtime rate after 8 hours. We were extremely busy this day and sorry that we couldn't get to the call during regular hours.

12/17/2016

Sarah H.

Work was fine and happy they were available. Price was too high and service provider was sordof standoffish and unpleasant..

Description of Work
Quick cap on line

12/10/2016

Jack C.

It was kind of an emergency for the shut off valve and they came the same day so that’s good. They are very good. They did good work. They also do hot water tanks and other things like that.

Description of Work
For plumbing, I used Poole's Plumbing. I had them replace the shut off valve for me and they installed some outside spigots for me also.

11/19/2016

James P.

The main office considered the fact that we are senior citizens and tripled the price. When questioned about the price, we were told to search someone else. Too bad, theon site technician seemed to be sincere and capable.

Description of Work
We asked for a quote on a tankless water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

This review is absolutely absurd. We have a lowest price in town guarantee on all tankless water heaters. We have never and will never try to manipulate pricing based on a customers age, s**, or race. I guess people will post anything these days if they don't get what they want.

11/12/2016

scott S.

Problem fixed in one visit. I will call this company again for any future plumbing service.

Description of Work
Issues with home water pressure

05/06/2016

HEATHER M.

The team that came to my home was prompt and professional. They answered all my questions and quickly completed the install.They also gave me tips on how to reduce the smell coming out of the shower drain (after inspecting it and indicating there were not any plumbing issues with it)

Description of Work
Installed new Moen faucet valve and looked at smelly shower drain.

04/11/2016

Christina J.

This was one of the most professional companies I've ever had in my home. Ashley came and gave us a quote on 3/28 and before he left, we had scheduled the install for 4/4. Allen, Kyle & Justin came in the morning (around 9:30) and were able to quickly remove the old hot water heater and install the new one. I was only without water for about 3 hours, which was also phenomenal. They explained to me why they were doing certain things and how different things would work after the tankless unit was installed. They treated me very well and didn't talk down to me, which some service men from other companies have done. The supervisor (whose name I don't remember) came out to check on the work and make sure I didn't have any questions that his team couldn't answer. They had completed the work by 3:30 pm and we had hot water again! They even scheduled the inspector to come out the next Monday (4/11). AND, now that we have gone tankless with a recirculating pump, we have hot water for EVER shower in the house. It's absolutely wonderful! I highly recommend Poole's plumbing to anyone who is looking for a plumber. They are amazing and I believe they hire people who are compassionate and caring - which I believe truly upholds their brand.

Description of Work
Changed hot water heater to tankless, installed 3 new toilets and did a few general plumbing items in the bathrooms and kitchen.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners, wells

07/28/2015

Suzanne G.

As always, these guys did a great job, quickly and were pleasant and professional to deal with. I always call Poole's Plumbing. I don't even think of calling anyone else. They deserve a Halo in my estimation.

Description of Work
Installled anti-siphon hose to dishwasher drain as requested by buyers

07/09/2015

Suzanne G.

He asked if we realized we had a leak under those 2 faucets. I thought it was just washing up out of the tub because it's a jetted tub and I thought that caused all those water marks. He said to make sure it's turned on all the way. They put a new one in and the problem is solved. It was like a cylinder delta and they just took out the cartridge and put a new cartridge in, and it was fixed. They are great guys. I hire them for everything. We did a flip house where we buy the house and fix it all up. It's not as easy as it looks on television. We had them come in and they took out the plumbing because we didn't take out all the cabinets, sinks, and countertops. They came back and did the plumbing, and they were just fantastic. They are just wonderful guys. I love them at a great level. I could give them a halo if I could.

Description of Work
One of the tub faucets had gotten loose so Poole's Plumbing had to come in and they addressed that.

03/04/2015

Songlin Z.

Our gas water heater was leaking in the 3rd floor attic. I called and ask a quote for replacing it. I was able to get a very detailed quote by sending them the pictures of the water heater, the location and provide the size of the attic entrance. They response promptly and professionally. We didn't hire Poole's Plumbing only because they are not sure if I will have to pay for a new PRV since they hadn't done an onsite quote. But they are one the the most professional company I talked to, very kind and patient to all my questions. The Price actually is among the best if they can confirm that I don't need the PRV. Definitely will consider to hire them if I have other plumbing job in the future.

Description of Work
regarding replace gas water heater in the 3rd floor attic.

03/02/2015

CLIFFORD W.

When they came to my town home, they found out right away that my water pressure was below 40%. I was happy and grateful because I always wondered why my water was so low coming out of my shower head. They found out that my pressure was 20 pounds under pressure. Right away, the first thing that they looked at was that. I said, no one has ever looked at that in 6 years. They looked at something that I didn't even request it, they didn't charge me for it or anything. They said it was a normal process for them.

Description of Work
I used Poole's Plumbing to replace some stuff on my upstairs and downstairs toilets.

01/08/2015

Andrea K.

I am again impressed with this company. I had used them for routine work last year and liked them then. Today, I woke up to frozen pipes this morning and called the after hours number. I immediately reached someone who helped me troubleshoot. First thing in the morning I got on the schedule and they arrived promptly when they said they would with a phone call ahead of time to let me know when they'd get there. The team got to work right away and figured out what needed to be done and then went the extra mile to add more insulation, etc. so that things wouldn't freeze again in the future. I always felt the system was vulnerable being mounted outside and through experience they knew that it should have more insulation, so they did that without me even asking for them to do that. Some companies would probably just thaw the pipes and move on, but they wanted to make sure we wouldn't have this happen again. I will continue to use this company as my go-to for all plumbing issues on my primary residence and the rental property I own as well.

Description of Work
Thawed pipes out near tankless hot water heater and replaced and insulated things to prevent it from happening again in the future.

11/25/2014

Kenneth S.

Poole's plumbing advertised in Angie's list monthly publication, and that's why I called them. They said that because it was the weekend, they would have to charge me more for a same day repair, and quoted me $1,435. I mentioned to them that I was an Angie's list member and saw an ad for a discounted repair. Their answer was that they no longer were menbers of Angie's list, and would not honor the discount, even though it just hit my mailbox the previous week! They gave me no options for the type of heater that they would install, and no room to negotiate the price. The only counter offer on price was to wait until Monday for better pricing. I had company coming that evening, and had no choice but to have the repair done. After conversations with other plumbers, I could have had this repair done for half of what I paid Poole's. Unfortunately, they prey on customers who need emergency service, and charge them a rediculous amount for the repair. A supervisor did call me back the following Monday and give me a $25 credit for the deal they ran in the publication. Wow! I will never use this company again!

Description of Work
My hot water heater blew on a Saturday morning. I had them replace it.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

This is amazing. This customer called and we told him what the price was and that if he could wait until Monday the price would be considerably less. We pay our technicians a higher hourly rate for calls that they have to go out on because it takes them away from spending time with their family. Even after explaining that the after hours emergency service was more this customer ordered the service and then writes a review and gives us a poor score. There is no complaint of quality or service but just that we charged him for after hours emergency service. He then calls my office and threatens that he will write a bad review if we don't reduce the amount of the service. We at Poole's Plumbing do everything that we can to help our customers but I refuse to be blackmailed to avoid a bad review. The client was not misled or taken advantage of by my company. As far as not giving him a lot of choices, we only have a limited amount of choices when it is after hours because the supply houses are not open. There are customers that we will never be able to satisfy.

10/14/2014

Peter G.

The repairs went very well. On Thursday afternoon the old gas-type water heater sprung a leak so I cut off the water and gas supply and drained the tank using a garden hose. I called Poole's Plumbing and spoke to the sales representative. She was able to arrange a time for installation the very next day. Also, she was able to provide me with a high quality replacement that meet all my demands. The technicians arrived the next day within the 4-hour window prescribed; window was 12-noon to 4:00 and they arrived at 2:00 PM. They called about 15 minutes before arriving. The team of two were very efficient. One man checked the house and made all the coordination to install the water heater and expansion tank (city code now requires this item). The other man closed the main water supply to the house and prepared the new unit for installation. Plastic was laid out all along the route from the front door, best entry point for this job, and the water heater closet. The old unit was out and the new unit, along with all new valves and supply lines for the water and gas, was installed within 30-minutes by one technician. During that same time the expansion tank was installed in the crawl-space. The installers verbally checked each others work and when they were confident the main water valve was opened. Detailed leak checks were performed in both work areas. The gas valve at the unit was then opened and additional leak check were conducted. The technicians then explained the unit's controls and gave a demonstration on how to light and start up the unit; their explanations were through and easy to understand. As one man cleaned up the other man reviewed the invoice and collected payment. I reviewed the work area, it was spotless and I believe they even vacuumed up a bit. The unit has been working flawlessly and after a few days of service we do not foresee any problems with this repair. There was a discount based on Angie's list information. Price was very good. Based on other quotes, I probably could have saved $200 by going with a smaller plumbing service but I would have had to wait several days and liked the reputation for quality and reliability this business maintains.

Description of Work
Replaced an old 40-gallon water heater with a new 40-gallon water heater. Installed an expansion tank as required by updated code requirements.

10/07/2014

Deanna N.

They were prompt and professional. They cleared the clogs and was able to inform us which drains where closed off and successfully mapped the drains for us. All in all, they did exactly what they agreed to do very efficiently.

Description of Work
Drain Clogs, Video Mapping, and Jetting Service

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

10/06/2014

Jason A.

Upon arriving, the gentlemen communicated that I would be charged $125 if I decided not to use their services. It was one of those, oh by the way moments. Shortly thereafter I was quoted $325 to install a water line to our kitchen refrigerator. Considering they had very easy access from our open basement and the hour it took to install I thought $325 was a bit high. It looks like the average cost for this job in my area is $129, so I was overcharged by about $200 by Poole's Plumbing. I will not be using this company again for future projects.

Description of Work
Installed water line to refrigerator.

Category plumbing

We inform all customers that there is a $125 diagnostic fee for coming out and giving our professional opinion. We waive the diagnostic fee if they choose to have the work done. Most of the time we are able to give the customer a quote over the phone. In this case we informed the client of the diagnostic fee and they scheduled the job. We never try to take advantage of any of our clients. We truly appreciate all of our clients. We try to provide excellent service at a reasonable cost.

09/04/2014

Joanne K.

It took them half a day. They did have to come back to fix a leak in the sink. The estimator, who came first, was the best I have ever dealt with. He was a nice guy and gave great advice. The workers were great as well and they were very careful.

Description of Work
They replaced our water heater, put in a new sink and fixed 3 outside faucets.

08/18/2014

Andi S.

I contacted Poole's and they answered all my questions, they allowed me to email a picture in and gave me an estimate based on the photo. They immediately set up a time and sent two workers that were on time and professional to do the job. They did everything they said they would, for exactly their estimate in a very timely manner.

Description of Work
Installed a water heater

07/11/2014

Janice S.

They were prompt and professional but friendly. Answered any questions and checked out whether to replace faucets and gave great advice on how to do that. Very honest and I would definitely use them again.There was loud knocking in the wall when water was turned on. They knew immediately that it was the PRV. I was also able to use my Angie's list coupon for a $25 saving.

Description of Work
replace prv - water pressure reducing valve