King’s Home Improvement

Founded 1994 • With Angi since June 2012

1617 Maizefield Ln

Fuquay Varina, NC 27526

King's Home Improvement is a fully insured Handyman Business located in Cary, North Carolina serving Apex, Cary, Chapel Hill, Durham, Morrisville, Raleigh and Wake Forest. Rich King, founder of King's Home Improvement, has 14 years of experience in the construction field and project management.

12/29/2022

Heather S.

Richard has completed two home improvement projects in our house, and we are planning a third for next year. There is no one else I would call; he is very kind and professional and goes above and beyond to provide excellent service every time. He even fixed a part of our ceiling that was not part of the project just because that is the kind of person he is.

Description of Work
We need a threshold enclosed on a wall with a door to create a closed in office space.

Category doors

10/18/2022

Janet C.

Outstanding knowledge and skills in replacing an exterior door that had a rotted frame - removed all damage replaced with waterproof materials, caulked with high quality exterior caulk to ward off future damage, great care in leveling and placing the door properly to eliminate gaps around door, rebuilt the base/floor area at the bottom of the frame, excellent job in painting and match prior paint color (inside and out), installed a new window blind - provided a 1000% difference in what was there before. On a 1 to 5 rating scale King’s Home Improvement gets a “15” Yes that’s triple the top rating! Knowledgeable, prompt, professional, excellent communication, initiative to do the best possible job. THIS IS THE ASSISTANCE YOU NEED FOR YOUR HOME! Call Richard King - Hire him for your jobs needing to be done!

Description of Work
Replace an exterior door and minor plumbing repair

Category closet systems, handyman service, doors

06/17/2021

Helen G.

I was impressed and did a really good job His excellent

Description of Work
he put a door for us and did some work for our the leaking.

03/12/2021

Jason B.

Richard was prompt, professional, and very efficient. He not only leveled all four doors that we had called him for, he fixed a fifth door we did not realize had an issue and also replaced our weather stripping on our front door that he noticed was worn. I highly recommend Richard for any job you have and will definitely hold onto his card for any future projects we have

Description of Work
Leveling interior doors

Category closet systems, doors

10/29/2020

Liddy C.

Very good carpentry. Good quality work and very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Added an interior door and wall molding

Category woodworking, interior painters, doors

01/17/2020

Elaine P.

He was absolutely excellent! He was very timely, kept his appointment exactly how he scheduled it, quick and high standard.

Description of Work
He rebuilt a deck for me.

Category decks

12/05/2019

Frank B.

Quality work very professional will use him again and recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinets moved. Electrical work. Bathroom exhaust fans replaced. Door trim installed. Door frame replaced.

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, doors

08/16/2019

Kimberly T.

Excellent as always. Richard is a man of integrity and gives his best to whatever work is at hand. The result is a job well done and a clean work site. My porch has never looked better!

Description of Work
Extensive repairs to front and back porch steps, posts, railings, and spindles.

Category closet systems, decks, handyman service

02/23/2019

Wayne F.

Richard did a great job of fixing our door and rotted wood. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Rehang a sticking exterior door and fix rotted wood

Category handyman service, woodworking, doors

01/14/2019

R L H.

Made an appointment and did not show up or call.

Description of Work
Porch railing repaired

08/19/2018

Nishant N.

Richard was quick to respond, very friendly and helpful. He came on a short notice and also did an excellent job even though the mount wasn’t exactly suitable for the application due to the socket behind TV. We plan to seek Richard help much more as new homeowners!

Description of Work
We need a TV mounting over a fireplace

07/30/2018

Michael L.

Richard does incredible work. He is very versatile and well skilled in all facets of home improvement projects. Richard takes his time each step of the way to make sure the job is done right. Quality work done at a fair price in an ethical fashion. We have used Richard's services several times in the past and will definitely use King's Home Improvement again.

Description of Work
we had several "odd jobs" done including installing ceiling fans, new light fixtures, canned recessed lights and porch lantern lights. also, we had some custom wooden frames made for bathroom mirrors and had a utility sink installed in our garage.

Category remodeling, woodworking

02/21/2018

Pelin B.

I contacted Richard after another contractor didn't keep his promise, thinking that the job was not big enough for him and didn't even bother to let me know. Richard came on time and did very clean and excellent work. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Corrected the insulation of newly installed door.

Category handyman service, insulation, doors

05/23/2017

Linda W.

He was very good. He went to work on my list. Everything was completed. he even went out to Lowes to buy parts.

Description of Work
Repaired my door bell alone with others things around the house that needed repair.

Category doors

05/10/2017

MARCIA P.

I was very pleased with the work. There were missing pieces or problems with the porch light and faucet and I had to get new fixtures while Richard and his assistant were working. The drain assembly that came with the faucet could not be installed due to the shape of the sink so Richard ordered a pop-up assembly to match the faucet finish and installed it at a later date.

Description of Work
Replaced mailbox post and mailbox, porch light fixture, installed medicine cabinet, replaced bathroom sink faucet, and repaired several areas of drywall

04/22/2017

Tanya K.

Talked to Richard on Monday 4/17/2017. I explained to him the nature of the work needing done and he indicated he would like to come out to provide an estimate. I inquired as to when he would be able to start work on the job if hired and he said pretty immediately. We agreed upon an appointment at 4:00 on Wednesday 4/19/2017. Richard never showed up for the appointment. I called to make sure he could find the address but there was no answer and the mailbox was full so could not leave a message. I am unsure how someone this unprofessional earns an A and award acknowledgement from Angie's List. I think Angie needs to take more care with her grading system.

Description of Work
Maintenance Repairs to get home ready for sale - repair/pain banister, power wash and stain deck, repair closet doors

04/14/2017

ANN P.

Richard was very punctual, pleasant and helpful. He brought along two co-workers--Manolo and Alex, who were just as pleasant. All my chores were completed very nicely. Richard frequently asked me to check what was done to see if I was satisfied. My list is finally done! I'm already starting my next list, and I will certainly call Richard again.

Description of Work
I had a long list of round-the-house fixits, from windows painted closed to putting up new bathroom mirrors, lights, and towel bars.

03/29/2017

steve P.

We needed a lot done! With two working parents and two small kiddos left us short on time but the projects kept piling up. We had quite the list for Richard and boy did he deliver. First, he was great about making sure he understood the scope of the work and had the tools to accomplish what we wanted. On the day of the job we expected Richard but we were pleasantly surprised that he had some additional workers with him. They not only did the list but they did more because of the extra hands. It was amazing it was like we had hired a genie =) They hung our chandelier, drywall replaced, hung our double doors in our master bathroom mirror framed, deck repair, putty in our sink drains and a few other random odds and ends we simply needed addressed. To say we were pleased is an understatement. What they did in a few hours would have taken us months to knock out. Richard and his team was great. Definitely recommend!

Description of Work
A random assortment of "honey do tasks". We needed the most help taking down and replacing our chandelier on the 2nd story, hanging our double doors in our master bathroom and putting up a wood frame around our master mirror.

Category drywall, handyman service, doors

03/17/2017

Chris D.

Great--the work was performed well and I have no complaints at all. I wish I had had more projects to get done at the time!

Description of Work
Miscellaneous work around the house: fixing a drawer, recaulking a cabinet, fixing electrical lights outside, and installing new closet shelving.

03/11/2017

Jason R.

Richard was creative and figured out a way to install a baby gate that didn't quite fit. He quickly completed miscellaneous tasks, and he had a helper that did a great job repairing our garage and deck.

Description of Work
Installed security gate and door viewer. Repaired deck and garage. Fixed kitchen faucet that had been spinning around.

01/19/2017

Lorraine B.

It went very well. It stopped the leak.

Description of Work
Our water heater was leaking and was coming through the ceiling. He patched up that leak for us.

12/02/2016

Debbie H.

Very courteous, professional And arrived on time, even called to say he was on his way. Will definitely hire again!! Very pleased with outcome of all the work.

Description of Work
Handrail and wall was scraped when a piece of furniture was delivered. Perfectly restored back to normal! Fixed holes in Sheetrock in laundry room where a shelf had been taken down and touched up paint. Fixed closet door knob and caulked around master tub ans shower.

11/15/2016

Margaret S.

Great!! Richard but it back together, and patched the walls and painted inside my Angie's list price. Incredible....

Description of Work
put my broken closet back together....original contractor's work was less than a year old and the whole back wall collapsed.

Category closet systems, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

11/14/2016

William P.

Mr King and his assistant were great to work with an did an outstanding job. I would definitely recommend them to others and hope to work with them again on future projects.

Description of Work
replaced bathroom faucets, repaired and painted cracks in drywall.

10/30/2016

W H.

Went well, friendly and professional. Will use again for the next project.

Description of Work
Made several repairs, plumbing, deck and drywall.

Express Yourself Paint

Express Yourself Paint is the Triangle's premier repaint specialist. We hate average and love fantastic! We only do repaints so we consistently leave our customers with a paint job to show off to their friends and neighbors while leaving their furnishings clean and beautiful. We offer a complete line of services. We carry full liability and workers compensation insurance on everyone working at your home. We have a top notch team of designers, knowledgeable sales persons, professional management and true craftsmen to perform your work. We apply the best products from all the major coating manufacturers and pick the best products for your project. We are accredited by the BBB and our customers grade us on each project. Call an average contractor or call Express Yourself Paint and find out how hard we work for our 5 star rating from our customers. We are so confident we guarantee you will love the results before we accept your final payment.

Offers Coupon

Anderson Painting and Power Washing

Anderson Painting & Power Washing is a family owned and operated business. We are fully licensed and insured. We adhere to a customer service guarantee, expect the highest of standards in our work,and complete a final walk through with the customer before the job is complete. A 2 year warranty applies to all exterior painting that we complete. We are a lead removal and renovation certified company. Contact us for a free estimate!

Offers Coupon

Dragonfly Painting and Pressure Washing

As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We provide high quality results with great workmanship.

2022 Super Service Award