Harris Home Inspection

Founded 2011 • With Angi since September 2012

4.3

820 Sumner Dr #9

Fayetteville, NC 28303

Harris Home Inspection is veteran owned and operated company. Michael Harris is a North Carolina licensed home inspector and is certified by the International Home Inspector Association. Other licenses held include North Carolina General Contractor license and a North Carolina licensed Real Estate Broker. I have a complete understanding of all aspects of home building, NC Building codes and real estate transactions....

11/29/2016

Viola J.

He found a lot of things that was wrong

Description of Work
Home inspection

06/24/2014

Jenna M.

Trevor Harris (Harris Home Pros, Harris and Son, various other monikers - the multiple company names alone are shady) left my job unfinished. He, his family, and temp workers that he hired off of Craigslist disappeared without reason or contact for days. Left house in shambles. Lots of poor work was done to the house that resulted in far more damages than good. Attempted dangerous work that he was not qualified to complete. Multiple licensed contractors had to come in and repair what Trevor et al. had done to the house. Trevor communicated multiple threats. Cops were involved. Be very, very, very careful. Hire someone with a reputation and valid licenses.

Description of Work
Interior painting, misc projects.

Category handyman service, air duct cleaning, interior painters

06/12/2014

FRANCES H.

Extremely pleased with the services performed, information given, and customer service. He and his wife explained every detail, answered every question I had, and checked every nook and cranny in the 1950s home. With this inspection they found an inadaquate fuse box and the potential issues associated with it. Additionally the subflooring under the downstairs bathroom had been remodeled and they were able to point out issues with the subflooring. Thanks to the information they provided I was comfortable with purchasing the home after the issues were addressed.

Description of Work
Home inspection and mold test.

05/27/2014

Joseph P.

He is reliable. The work isn't too expensive. He takes pride in what he does. He is a good source for home repairs. He does a very good job. He is insured. I have also used him to do some roof repairs as well in the past.

Description of Work
I have used him for several jobs. Recently he has done some deck repairs for me.

Category handyman service

04/08/2014

Melissa H.

I've written a review previously. This one is the same. Outstanding family owned company that can be trusted. I am very happy with them and recommend them to anyone that is searching for a house to buy. They work for you. Mike is an honest man, hard working man. I would trust him with any job. He and his wife explained every detail to us. With this particular inspection they found and pointed out a horizontal crack in the basement that would possibly be a big problem with earth pushing on the basement wall. Additionally a rafter had been cut out of this custom home and potentially compromised the integrity of the roof. We passed on that house with no regret.

Description of Work
Harris Home Inspections has inspected three homes for us. At the time of this inspection this was the second

04/08/2014

Melissa H.

They are extremely meticulous and explain everything in trade and layman's terms. Once you find a family owned company that you trust. You stick with them and recommend them to everyone you know. Mike Harris and his team are that kind of old fashion company. Were a hand shake still means it is a sealed deal. Their word is there bond. They are outstanding and I would gladly refer them to family and friends. They work for you, the buyer. Not the agents, lenders, or anyone else so they can be trusted to give you all the details you need to make an informed decision.

Description of Work
Mr. Harris has inspected three homes for my wife and I. September 2013 and November 2013, and March 2014.

03/15/2014

Christopher T.

Trevor Harris and Christen came at 8:15 a.m. to my house; they said the house needed a "deep cleaning." hri" I said that I was disabled from a stroke and could not perform many of the house clean duties myself. Trevor did clean the hardwood floors; Christen did clean the ovens, bathrooms and fridge.. They did not pick off any clothes on the floor-as I asked them to do. Christen did clean the 'floorboards. At 12:47 his assistant Christen called and said they were finished and were taking a "little break." So that is $300 divided by 8 man hours That's $37.5 an hour. But they did not polish any of the wood the tables nor wipe the window blinds. Christen me before they left if everything was OK. I answered "yes," but only to get them to leave my house.

Description of Work
deep cleaning housecleaning

Category air duct cleaning

12/14/2013

Viola J.

explained clearly.. took photos& sent a detailed report... I will use them again

Description of Work
inspected house for foundation and waterproofing

11/13/2013

Shauna A.

This company gets a gold star from me. I had an investment property under contract w/ a scheduled inspection (w/ the inspection co I use regularly) for "tomorrow" a.m. My regular inspector's wife calls & says that he's in the hospital w/ an emergency & they have to cancel. It's 8pm and I need an inspection stat! I start calling all the inspectors on AngiesList, most of which tell me, in not so many words, that there's no way they can schedule an inspection last minute (most of them would be a minimum of 1-2wks for next availability). I call up Harris Home Inspection & actually speak w/ the owner on the phone. He apologizes for sounding breathless because he answered while he was at the gym!! He & his wife understood our time crunch situation (due diligence period coming an end in a couple days) and squeezed us in their schedule the next day. They sent out the agreement via email that evening, they were courteous & prompt in their arrival at the inspection, & we received the inspection report well w/in the 24hrs promised. The inspector's wife was also very patient w/ all the calls I made to clarify different items prior to the inspection. The inspector was also very good about answering questions I had about the report after the fact. Again, extremely pleased!

Description of Work
Provided a prompt home inspection for an investment property we were interested in purchasing

All American Gutter Protection

The best decision you'll ever make! All American Gutter Protection is an innovative gutter protection company that is established and manufactured in the USA, who prides themselves on the highest quality product, installation, customer service and satisfaction. Specializing in seamless aluminum gutters and a stainless steel micro filter gutter guard, All American Gutter Protection is the number one choice when it comes to all gutter needs. All American Gutter Protection uses only authorized, trained technicians and a lifetime performance warranty.

Blake's ABC Seamless

Redemption Roofing

Our professional roofers are top-notch and committed to serving you in a timely manner, with quality craftsmanship, and commitment to 5Star customer service excellence. Redemption Roofing Company is experienced and certified to install products by GAF, IKO, OWNES CERTAINTEED, MALARKEY ROODING PRODUCTS, LOMANCO, CORNING AND TAMKO. No matter how your property was built or what your design preferences are, we will provide a customized solution. Were here for you!

$20.00

Home inspections including roof, structural, electrical, plumbing water testing, swimming pools & HVAC.

N/A