Haire Plumbing & Mechanical Co

Founded 1947 • With Angi since July 2008

367 Winslow St. PO Box 58147

Fayetteville, NC 28301

It is the mission of Haire Plumbing & Mechanical Co. to provide our customers with a quality job, using quality products in a time frame that meets their needs.Haire Plumbing Co. was founded in 1947 by H.R. Haire, Sr. During the 1950s and early 1960s Haire Plumbing Co.'s main focus was plumbing service, new residential construction projects, and small commercial projects....

04/27/2020

Anthony M.

The company had the 1st available appointment--and there may be a reason why. The quality of the work rates as a 4.5. The service technician did good work, but failed to install the trim pieces onto the dishwasher. After the installation, the service tech came in with the bill and attempted to charge me for 1 hour and 15 minutes (rate is $110/hour). The problem is, he was only here for **50 minutes** working. Then, 13 minutes was spent typing his paperwork up on his handheld. When I asked him about the labor charge and disputed the $27.50 overcharge in labor, he simply stated the total again. When I said I will need to contact the company, he changed the charge to an hour. After I paid, he left without saying thank you--easily overlooked, but worth noting. When I called the office to speak with a manager about the attempted overcharge, I was met with a negative attitude from the receptionist (who thought she might be able to resolve the issue). I was then transferred to the supervisor/dispatcher (I asked for originally), who did not care about my concern and had a despicable attitude for a supervisor--interruptive, dismissive, and failure to listen to the primary concern. Technical service is EXTREMELY important, but quality and RESPECTFUL customer service is what keeps a customer coming back. This company will not get a call from me in the future... I simply don't deserve disrespect nor deception. (BTW, in the end, the labor charge would've been more than anyone else, had I allowed the overcharge--since I prevented that from happening, the labor ended up being $14 less than the 2 other companies who quoted me). 8:37pm arrival, work finished at 9:27am.

Description of Work
Dishwasher installation

Category plumbing, drain pipe, home remodeling

06/17/2019

James B.

When I placed the work order on Angies List, I was called within 30 to 35 minutes and this was around 0630 in the morning by 0700 I received a call asking what exactly was needed, Explained and was told the service team arrived at 0800 and they would be dispatched by 0830, they arrived early and once explained to the service person, he went to work on it, He was fast, polite and replaced water valve in wall and replaced the water line to the toilet and also replaced the inner workings to the commode, The service technician was Micheal and I was very pleased with the work done. I would use their services again.

Description of Work
Had to replace water valve located in wall behind toliet and replace inner workings of toliet.

06/15/2018

David G.

The plumber, his name was Kevin, would not replace the valve seat gasket on two external faucets. He wanted to replace the entire faucet assembly. His claim was that they were too much trouble. After he left, I bought some gaskets at home depot and did the work myself. When dismounting the toilet (I wanted to paint behind the toilet) he found that the toilet flange was corroded and could not be re-assembled. He quoted me a price of 350.00 to fix it and would entail breaking up the slab around the old flange. After the plumber left, I hired another plumber who did the work for 140.00. Regarding the grout on the tub, He said that re-grouting was not worth the effort and that I should call in a tile person to redo the bath tub enclosure. After the plumber left, my wife bought a tube of adhesive tile caulk and fixed the tile just fine. The kitchen sink faucet was fixed - no arguments there. The leaky valve stems in the shower/tub control valve had to be replaced. Here is the part that really burned me up. The plumber called in to the office to have a new value stem assembly delivered to the work site and it took an hour for the part to show up. In the meantime, the plumber was outside the house shooting-the-breeze with tradesmen of other companies that were also working on the house. The other tradesmen were on fixed price work but the plumber was charging me by the hour - 85.00 per hour. In addition, the price of the valve stem set was twice the cost as charged by discount plumbing suppliers. For example, on Amazon, the price for the set is 45.00. The plumber charged me 148.00. In all, I can only conclude that the plumbing company is not attempting to provide a "value" service to the customer.

Description of Work
dismount toilet, replace valve gasket on outside faucets, fix missing grout on tub, fix kitchen sink faucet, fix leaky valve stems in shower/tub control valve.

05/16/2018

Sarah B.

On time, friendly and professional. Did not try to have me buy anything I didn't want. Will certainly hire again.

Description of Work
HVAC inspection

Category plumbing

Thank you for such a nice review, [Member Name Removed]! Your satisfaction is our goal. Thank you again!

04/25/2018

JUDY A.

Both times we had them come to perform work on our home they were punctual, friendly and make sure we were satisfied with the work performed. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
We used them for a hot water heater issue and signed up for a yearly HVAC service

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

03/01/2018

Carolyn P.

Called yesterday at 3:00 to make an appointment. Was told that they would come between 8-12 on the following day. Cancelled all my appointments and no show and no call. Called them at 1204 and was told that they were just going to call me.. Sure you were! Everyone’s time is valuable . All it took was a simple call saying “hey, we are running behind” and maybe we could of worked something out.. unfortunately I did not get a call at all! I will not do business with a company that runs their business in this way!

Description of Work
Kitchen faucet replacement and toilet running through .. leak under sink in kitchen repair

01/23/2018

kelly W.

I was very pleased with the work completed by Haire Plumbing. They were right on time and knocked out two difficult repairs very quickly. So far the sinks are working great. And there is a warranty on the work!

Description of Work
Repair pipes under two sinks

11/21/2017

marriann E.

Perfect. Very punctual and Professional and very sweet boys came to my rescue. I do a lot of renovations at properties and this team in particular will be who I would hire in Fayetteville area. Knowledgeable WAY BEYOND their age would reflect.

Description of Work
Had whole house shut off valve replaced as well as replacement of the washer inlet valve and box.

Category plumbing

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your kind words! From all of us here, we wish you and your family a very merry Christmas and a happy holiday season!

10/12/2017

Unity Christian C.

They had to come out twice, it wasn't repaired properly the first time. But the second technician did a great job.

Description of Work
We had a leak coming from the floor faucet in our restroom.

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to let us know. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we are happy that we resolved your issue! Merry Christmas!

09/13/2017

Unity Christian C.

They had to come back out. They could have repaired it correctly the first time. Then they billed us in error as well. The cost was reasonable. The final end result would be a “B”.

Description of Work
They fixed a floor faucet because it was leaking.

Category plumbing

Thanks for allowing us to serve you, and we're glad you are satisfied!

09/12/2017

Kristin H.

Excellent service. Properly diagnosed the problem and fixed it.

Description of Work
Toilet fixed

Category plumbing

Thanks for your generous words [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate being able to serve you!

08/02/2017

ARCHITA G.

Kevin was amazing! Prompt, polite, and professional service! Called to schedule appointment and contractor was at my door within a couple of hours. Install and clean up done within minutes! Have placed them in my phone contacts just in case I need them again!

Description of Work
Garbage disposal install

Category plumbing

MS [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking time to compose a review! We love to hear from our customers and will be sure to pass your kind words to Kevin. Thank you again!

06/06/2017

Ronald J.

He at around 8:00 o'clock AM and wasted no time on working to find the problem. He was able to find where the leak was coming from and fix it with in a reasonable amount of time. I was very happy with the job he did and I think the cost was reasonable.

Description of Work
My water line that comes to my house developed a leak. He had to dig the ground up to locate where the water line was leaking and repaired it.

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking your valuable time to leave us a review! We love to hear that we provided value for your hard-earned dollar and always wish to provide the best service possible. Thank you again!

05/11/2017

Carol F.

Haire was the second company. They were very professional and explained my options.

Description of Work
Drain was running slow and backing up.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for choosing us and allowing us to correct your slow or clogged drain. And, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We love hearing from you!

01/28/2017

Alonzo R.

It went okay. They had to come back to correct an issue, but it was alright. The tech did get a little visibly frustrated with having to return, though.

Description of Work
They installed a bathroom vanity. He also repaired a couple of leaks and installed a new fixture on the vanity.

Category plumbing

Thank you for your candor, and we're glad we were able to give you satisfaction. We also understand that our techs are human, and sometimes become frustrated, usually with themselves! Thank you again, and we look forward to serving you in the future!

12/24/2016

Dean S.

I called them to come out for a quote. They never called back.

Description of Work
Need sewer hooked up to PWC.

Category plumbing

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking your valuable time to offer feedback. Please accept our heartfelt apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We have been experiencing some technical difficulties, which have since been sorted out. I would love the opportunity to assist you in any way I can, to make this right with you. Please contact me via email at: doc(at)haireplumbing.com or via phone at: (910) 483-1421. Thank you again! -Doc

11/29/2016

Danny H.

The job was done quickly. The plumber had an assortment of spare parts on his truck prepared to repair several Moen faucets.

Description of Work
Shower faucet repaired

Category plumbing

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the opportunity to serve you! -Doc

05/17/2016

Peter A.

Company failed to respond to scheduled appointment. when confronted at the end of the business day - after waiting all afternoon for a "no show," I was told that the business manager would contact the following day to reschedule - that was 6 days ago - and still no response. I had previously used this company and had been happy with their response. This lack of customer couresty has me rethinking this belief and have scheduled the repair work with another provider. Very disappointed.

Description of Work
Called to investigate leak in upstair's bathroom

03/19/2016

Tracy M.

I needed a plumber to install a kitchen faucet, and Haire Plumbing & Mechanical is the only contractor to respond back to me within a reasonable amount of time. Scheduling was easy but the plumber was about and hour or so late. I didn't have to take off work so this wasn't a big problem. The guy was very polite and professional. I'm pleased with the job and would use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced a kitchen faucet

Category plumbing, home remodeling

01/11/2016

Pete J.

Job was well done and the tech was very professional. they were responsive to my request for service and the job was completed quickly. this is the 2nd time I have used this company the first time they installed a dishwasher for me while I was overseas and my home was occupied by a renter. They worked with me despite my location and handled the job and the renter in the appropriate manner. I will continue to use them in the future.

Description of Work
Fixed two showers that drip and updated some copper pipe in my kitchen that goes to my fridge.

09/10/2015

katherine M.

He fixed it in 15 minutes. He was a really smart guy, but he charged for the full hour of work.

Description of Work
He fixed my kitchen sink.

05/20/2015

James L.

From scheduling to delivery of services, this vendor exceeded my expectations. Service tech went right to work and completed the task in a short time, he even offered to submit the repaired part for warranty refund with the manufacturer. A first rate company will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Replaced water heater element.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

05/15/2015

Maria C.

I am beyond thrilled with the services I received from the company. I initially contacted them for an estimate on replacing the tankless water heater in my home which died during the last weird freeze we had in NC. Their prices were very competitive and we decided to go with them because of the better quote but also because of their professionalism and knowledge-- for example our previous water heater was designed to support 2 bathrooms not 2 1/2 and a dishwasher. Just a few of the little things wet learned. While doing the estimate I asked them to check my AC because it was not cooling anything lower than 72F. Turned out to be just freeon but ended up doing maintenance service on it. Again just so satisfied with the job done and how professional they are.

Description of Work
Serviced AC unit and replace/upgrade tankless water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

05/12/2015

Virginia H.

On top of the PWC issue, I had a bathroom remodeling going on and I was taken to the toilet by the contractor who walked off the job with my money! Yes, happens to the best of us! But Haire again was there, accessed the plumbing under the house and noted all the issues. I then had them replace all the pipes, a 1966 year home. They gave me a good price, did everything they said they would do, did the job quickly and restored my faith! Great team all of them! Darry, I believe is the service manager. Never met the man, but he's awesome! Polite, patient, responsive and more than fair. I'll use no one else!

Description of Work
They did so much to help me it's hard to know where to start. Bottom line is PWC laid new sewer lines and messed up the fitting to my house. Haire accessed the issue and determined it was a PWC issue. Then PWC paved my road. Again I had issues with backup. Actually this went on for over a year! I call Haire multiple times and each time I called for help they responded immediately, same day or next day!!! Awesome! They were empathetic to my problem, they got be back in working order until PWC could respond. They are just good people who care about their customers and do the job right the first time!

Category excavators, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

05/06/2015

Ralph F.

.They answered call when reached out to came out the next day, the work was done when requested and got the job done quickly. Reasonable Price

Description of Work
.fixed flushing problems-drain

PlumbWorX

PlumbWorX prides it’s self on providing great quality work at great pricing.

Offers by PlumbWorX on Angi
    Ease Plumbing - Fayetteville

Ease Plumbing is a full service commercial and residential plumbing service company. We provide water heater repair/install, faucet repair, toilet repair, water/sewer line repair/install, grease trap repair, drain clogs, snake lines, etc. We are the only 100% employee-owned service business in NC!

Cape Fear A/C, Heating, Plumbing & Electrical Inc.

Cape Fear Air Conditioning, Heating, & Electric Inc. is an air conditioning, heating, and electrical systems contractor with two locations to Serve You! Fayetteville, NC (910) 483-8790 and Raleigh, NC (919) 322-2000. We have been serving the Triangle and Fayetteville areas since 1973. Nobody knows Trane like we do...... We are the oldest Trane dealer in town! Our trained professionals sell, service and install all major brands as well. We repair and replace: Air conditioning systems • Heat pumps • Gas Package units • Heat Pump Package units• Duct systems • Gas furnaces • Air handlers • Mini Split Systems • Air cleaners • Ultra Violet Air Purification and Humidifiers We can provide our commercial and residential customers with affordable heating and cooling systems to fit their lifestyles and budgets. To better serve our customers, we offer 24-hour emergency service seven days a week. We also provide same-day service and repairs. Financing is available and we offer extended warranties! Cape Fear Air Conditioning & Heating Co., Inc. values your business and will work hard to maintain your complete satisfaction. Call us today to schedule service or request an estimate.

Offers by Cape Fear A/C, Heating, Plumbing & Electrical Inc. on Angi

North Carolina
    NC State Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating and Fire Sprinkler Contractors
    12/31/2017
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Water heaters, garbage disposals, sinks, toilets, replacement of water & sewer lines, pipe visual inspection, handicap fixtures, water saving fixtures, bathroom & kitchen remodeling; air conditioning, heating, furnace, installation, service & repair