Blanton's Air, Plumbing & Electric

Founded 1951 • With Angi since December 2008

1769 Pamalee Dr

Fayetteville, NC 28301

We know it’s tough to find a home services contractor you can trust. With over six decades of experience, Blanton’s is a Fayetteville mainstay. Known for our professional approach, quality products. and guaranteed workmanship, we’re proud to offer heating, cooling, plumbing and electric solutions

12/29/2022

Robert S.

Cancelled all services with Blanton as well as this well pitched Wow Service Plan. Was given a good pitch about services provided. However, after scheduling twice for services provided by service plan, only to have them cancelled and told need to reschedule. Today is was need to reschedule because they are anticipating (four days from now) a high volume of emergency calls due to cold weather and freezing temperatures. What cold weather? 52 and 43 at night are not freezing temps; 69 and 67 daytime are not freezing temps. So you reschedule appointments four days in advance with no actual justification or confirmation the day of of what you think might happen? Sounds more like laziness or a reason not to fulfill appointments made almost two weeks prior. Second, why have an online system that allows you to book an appointment and date but when you call to complete the appointment process, tell us that the dates that show on the calendar as “available” don’t actually mean they are available? The lady I spoke to said they are run by two different departments. Sounds like you need to update your systems and booking process that actually shows dates of availability so customers don’t waste time picking a date that isn’t actually available and waste time. Or get rid of calendar option altogether so you cannot select a date that isn’t in “real” time.

Description of Work
HVAC, Plumbing

07/19/2022

Carla C.

Horrible. I had them change the internal parts of two toilets (water)tank. They were leaking. They charged. me $650 to replace the internal parts of two water tanks of toilets which was in absolute rip off. There should be a law against anybody charging that much for something as little as this. The parts that they used to replace could not have cost over $50. So I paid them basically $600 in labor. I could have gone to Lowe's and bought two brand new toilets and had both installed for less than $700. I called Lowe's and priced this out.

Description of Work
Changed parts in water tank of two toilets as they were leaking.

Category plumbing

Hello, We are disappointed to see your 1-star review. Our goal is to deliver a 5-star experience to all our customers, so we were sad to learn that this wasn't the case for you during your recent service call. Please contact us at customercare@blantonsair.com to further discuss your concerns so we can work together in order to reach a resolution. We hope to hear from you soon.

11/03/2021

Susan J.

Service was very good and they made sure that the air conditioning works for the whole year. Their pricing was a bit high, but they got the cleaning was great.

Description of Work
AC

04/21/2020

Anita S.

The job was done very well. The representative was professional and took the time to clean up any material related to the repair.

Description of Work
Vent was replaced in the bathroom.

Category air duct cleaning

06/05/2019

Barbara F.

They have been excellent and I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I have been using them for servicing my HVAC system for years.

03/31/2019

Doreen M.

The options were very expensive + I was told that I needed a new water heater back in August I believe + still have the same 1 now in March. What is sad about trying 2 rip somebody off is my husband is a disabled veteran. Thumbs down 2 Blanton's!!

Description of Work
water leak under house,water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

08/13/2018

Valerie P.

They're very reliable and pleasant to talk to on the phone. They're a great firm. They're open after hours and don't charge extra which is really great for people who work normal business hours. I would recommend them to anyone. I won't call anyone else.

Description of Work
Recently, they installed a hot water heater. I've been using them for the past 13 years. They've also installed my Air Conditioning unit as well as several other things over the years.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

03/02/2018

Ed N.

Best service I've ever had done on my unit was just performed by Beau. I'll be looking to Blanton's when it comes time to replace my unit. Great folks to work with.

Description of Work
HVAC semi-annual service

02/23/2018

DEGGIE G.

All went well. The crew had to return for a second day, and the jobs were completed to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Electrical work was done on ceiling fans, undercounter lights, bath ventilation fan, and circuit wiring.

Category electrician, plumbing, ceiling fans

02/10/2018

William J.

I am one of Blanton's Gold Members which I pre-paid their annual feel several weeks ago when I had a hot water heater that was over 17-years old replaced and all services related to that situation went A+. I had a separate Blanton's appointment to have my HVAC system checked for the first time today and reported the plumbing issue to the dispatcher who told me someone else would have to call me and set up a different time and to wait on that person's call. I waited a little over 24 hours with the faucet still slightly dripping and called this morning to report I did not want to go through the weekend if possible if the faucet was still dripping in case it became an emergency. Two men showed up at my door after calling that they could come early and I authorized their coming early. They both looked at the tub and shower and asked questions about what I wanted replaced. I replied I didn't want a new faucet, etc., just the leak stopped. I was given a quote (Estimate 37873717) that it would cost $239.06 to have the work done. I trusted this company from previous experiences that the work that needed to be done on the Delta faucet would cost that much in parts and labor. When I was told the work had been completed in less than 30 minutes, I was a bit flabbergasted and asked to see what was wrong. One of the plumbers produced the parts to the $10 kit I've used in years past to repaid Delta Faucets having no idea, that was all that was wrong with the shower/faucet to keep it from leaking. I paid the Invoice 3779765 via Bankcard for the full $239.06, looked up the kit online after the plumbers left and called around two to various plumbing shops to come up with the retail kit that sells for $10 in most reputable plumbing shops. When the HVAC person came out, I was still upset with the plumbers. I'm confused being a Gold Member of Blanton's "family" and the explanation that some services regardless of the Parts pricings and the labor are all factored in as one job regardless of the time required to complete the job or costs of parts, when other Blanton services require you to pay at least half up front for parts they expect to have to use when they order them. This certainly did not occur with my hot water heater installation and I was told that I had the guarantee (which I believe I paid extra even as a Gold member for ten years on the hot water heater) and "no guarantees" for the $10 Delta Faucet kit that I paid $239.06 for. When I asked how much this would have cost had I not been a Gold member, I was told it would be roughly more than $100 than the $239.06. While I'm not upset with all of Blanton's services, I don't want these two guys back in my house or on my property ever again and still do not know the names of who came out. Neither do I wish to hear from anyone associated with Blanton's management further about this. When a company does this to a -connected veteran, heaven help our wives with these kinds of negotiations when we die?

Description of Work
I purchased a new shower head and installed it myself. The shower head worked fine but discovered that the Delta Faucet was leaking for some reason. I didn't know whether this had to do with my "do it yourself" shower head installation or some other reason. It ended up that the Faucet needed a repair kit which such types of faucets need from time-to-time which retails here in Fayetteville, NC for $10 or less.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

08/30/2017

cesar G.

They lie to me, they told me a nedded a new coil for my unit, it was going to cost $3987 parts and labor, when we advise that the unit was under warranty with the manufacture they lie to us, they told us they call the manufacture and that the unit was not register so it wasn't under warranty. I call the manufacture the next day and I was told that they never call and the coil was under warranty. I call Blantos back and complaint and I was told more lies. They call me back and said they will find out what happen and return the call. Since July 7 I am still waiting for the call back. I call few more times and nothing has happen yet. I got my unit fix by another company for less than 1000 and the got the coil from the manufacture for free

Description of Work
Check my Air Conditioning System because it was not cooling down

08/07/2017

Morris J.

It was excellent. I have been using them for years and I continue to use them to maintain this system and another system I have at a house across town.

Description of Work
They installed new heating system.

08/02/2017

Edward M.

They are quite good. The price was a little bit more than I expected, but it wasn't bad. Their quality was excellent. They workman made some kind of error, but he immediately made up for it in customer service. They gave me an impression that they gave me a good price. They were very quick. Yes, I would use them again. I thought they were very professional how they did a systematic review of what was wrong rather than try to sell me something. He was very thorough and made sure I knew each step.

Description of Work
I was having a problem with my heating. They had to replace some parts.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for choosing Blanton's! We appreciate your business and trust.

06/16/2017

Heather A.

GREAT! Blantons repaired the issue on the spot, cleaned out some of my HVAC components, checked my duct work, and saved me money. The technician was on time and explained all issues and repairs to me in detail.

Description of Work
I was having issues with a musty smell coming from my air vents.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are pleased to learn our team provided you such outstanding service.

05/19/2017

Doreen M.

It was something to do with the fan or the blower, it needed a new part. The price is reasonable and affordable. I was satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
They serviced my central air unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you and your business. - Rachel Hyatt

05/03/2017

William H.

Excellent job, on Time, well done. Cleaned up all materials

Description of Work
Electrical

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy our team delivered such excellent service. - Rachel Hyatt

03/07/2017

Donna G.

The professionalism of the service provider was great. The price for the installation services was atrocious. I was charged nearly $1800.00, most of it going to installation fees. Examples: To replace a $10.00 diverter valve which took 15 minutes, the installation fee ~$245.00. The fans cost around $300.00. The installation charge over $800.00. The hose bib cost ~$6.00, installation fee was $290.00. Future customers should be aware of these excessively high installation fees.

Description of Work
Replace shower/tub converter Replace hose bib Replace two ventilation fans

Category electrician

09/05/2016

JASON W.

David Boney was very professional. Blanton's will have my business from now on. Highly recommend them. Straight shooters on your problem.

Description of Work
Replaced fan motor on 6 year old AC

07/07/2016

Maria C.

Noticed that AC wasn't working around 9pm. Called Blanton's at 8:00am the following morning and spoke with Venisha. She took my info, asked some questions about the unit and stated that someone from scheduling would call me to set up an appointment time. At 8:25 I got the call and we scheduled my appointment between 10 & 12 that same day.At 9:45 Ryan from Blanton's called and stated that he was on his way with an eta of 30 mins. At 10:15 he called and stated that his GPS had him in the wrong area and ask for further driving instructions.At 10:25, Ryan Johnson arrived, presented his card, ask what the problem was and asked to see the thermostat. After viewing, he stated that he would do and evaluation of the system, which would take about 30 minutes, give me a list of the options that would be available and let me decide from there what course of action I wish to take. At 11:10 Ryan presented his finding, pricing and my options and discounts I would be afforded if I did decide to go with a service plan. I decided to go with a service plan and proceeded to repair the unit.. At 12:30 Ryan was finished and we went thru the checkout procedures. He asked if I had any questions, which I didn't. I signed my receipt and he was on his way. Ryan was friendly, knowledgeable, and insured that I knew what was going on every step of the way. I may have paid more that what I wanted initially, but to get same day service and great customer service I feel that it was worth the price.

Description of Work
Replaced 3 capacitors and cleaned drainage valve and water that had collected in the unit.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, [Member Name Removed]. At Blanton's we strive to deliver the highest level of customer service and it makes us so proud to learn Ryan delivered an outstanding experience. Thank you for choosing Blanton's we appreciate your business and trust. - Rachel Hyatt

02/10/2016

Rick L.

I called Blanton's this morning on the advice of a friend and they had a technician out to my place within an hour to troubleshoot my HVAC system. The technicians name was Rich Walker. After a detailed examination, he gave me a comprehensive estimate of repairs. My system is an older one and there were numerous things that need to be addressed. He repaired the most urgent issue, allowing the unit to work again with a caution that I would need the other repairs sooner than later. Rich earned my trust today and I will gladly do business with Blanton's again in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced a part.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for sharing your experience online. At Blanton's we strive for excellence in everything we do. Rich's commitment to providing our customers with practical solutions to their everyday needs is a testament to that promise. Again, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and thank you for your business and trust. - Rachel Hyatt

01/07/2016

Alan V.

Great. The technician was helpful, informative and honest. He did not try to scam us or sell us un-needed services.

Description of Work
HVAC Maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Mr. [Member Name Removed], thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are so happy to hear that Matt provided you with such great service and shared detailed information on the job he was performing. We sincerely appreciate your business and again, thank you for your review! – Rachel Hyatt

11/21/2015

Kellie N.

I received a flier in the mail for a winter system tune-up. After looking at their reviews on Angies List, I decided to call and set up an appointment. Everyone I dealt with (in the office while making and confirming the appointment, and Larry Waddell, the Service Tech) was very kind and professional! I was given a 3pm-5pm window, and Mr. Waddell called at approximately 3pm to say he was on his way. He was very efficient and thorough, providing me all the information needed to make decisions regarding this service call and possible future needs. I greatly appreciated Mr. Waddell's assistance and would definitely call Blanton's again based on this experience!

Description of Work
Heating System Tune-Up

09/02/2015

Timothy P.

Installed Lennox 2.5 ton 16+ seer split unit. Incredibly professional, well priced, solid quality system. Low pressure sales tactic by Tim was an ABSOLUTE highlight of this necessary transaction. Did a solid evaluation of the house, recommended five different systems beginning at the TOP end and working down to the bottom. Great incentive program got us into a fantastic free upgrade. These guys do installs RIGHT!

Description of Work
System install.

07/22/2015

Lisbeth F.

They did a lot of work. They did a really great job. They came out the day that I called them.

Description of Work
We used Blanton's Heating and A/C. They replaced the water heater. They had to re-run some lines.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

02/28/2015

Lee R.

The fan motor finally went completely out on Saturday and we were without heat. I called the company and was told that they couldn't come out Saturday but would be out in the morning on Sunday. I repeatedly asked what the cost of the electric motor for the fan was but they kept putting me off I'm telling me the price. I got the service and the serial number of the unit and went online to figure out the price. The most expensive motor listed was $300. The replacement unit from a reputable dealer was $200. I kept waiting all Sunday and called back and they finally told me that one of the service people was free to come out. I kept telling them I wanted to know the price of the motor before they came out. Finally the service person called me and I asked him what the price of the motor would be. He told me the weekend service price was $175 and that the price of the electric motor was $600!! I questioned this as I told him that the replacement OEM part was $200 online. I asked him if he was sure it was $600 and he said yes it was. I told him not to bother coming out with that kind of pricing. I purchased the part online and it was sent overnight. I replaced the motor myself and it works perfectly. I cannot believe that kind of price gouging on replacement parts. Do not fall victim to this particular company!!

Description of Work
I had a yearly service contract with this provider. The fan motor on my compressor started screeching. I called Blanton's Heating and Air on the Friday and they said they could fit me in on a Monday the 25th.

HVACRX LLC

HVACRX LLC provides professional HVAC services in Currie, NC. So pick up the phone and call us right now. We serve in Currie, NC, Grady Township NC; Burgaw Town NC; Burgaw Township NC; Rocky Point Township NC; Skippers Corner NC; and the surrounding areas. HVAC Service, HVAC Repair, AC Technicians, Reliable AC Repair, Heating and AC Repair Heating Service, Heating Contractor For more information visit our website: https://hvacrxllc.com/

E&J Heating&Cooling

Family owned and operated with over 20 years of installation and service experience in the HVAC field.

Offers Coupon

Cape Fear Air, Electric & Plumbing

Cape Fear Air Conditioning, Heating, & Electric Inc. is an air conditioning, heating, and electrical systems contractor with two locations to Serve You! Fayetteville, NC (910) 483-8790 and Raleigh, NC (919) 322-2000. We have been serving the Triangle and Fayetteville areas since 1973. Nobody knows Trane like we do...... We are the oldest Trane dealer in town! Our trained professionals sell, service and install all major brands as well. We repair and replace: Air conditioning systems • Heat pumps • Gas Package units • Heat Pump Package units• Duct systems • Gas furnaces • Air handlers • Mini Split Systems • Air cleaners • Ultra Violet Air Purification and Humidifiers We can provide our commercial and residential customers with affordable heating and cooling systems to fit their lifestyles and budgets. To better serve our customers, we offer 24-hour emergency service seven days a week. We also provide same-day service and repairs. Financing is available and we offer extended warranties! Cape Fear Air Conditioning & Heating Co., Inc. values your business and will work hard to maintain your complete satisfaction. Call us today to schedule service or request an estimate.

Offers Coupon

20688
    North Carolina
    North Carolina State Board of Examiners
    12/31/2019
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

HVAC, Heating Repair & Replacement, Air Conditioning Repair & Replacement, Indoor Air Quality Testing, Plumbing Repair & Installation, Drain & Sewer Cleaning, Whole-House Repiping, Electrical Repairs & Inspections, Electrical Panel Upgrades, Generator Installation & Repair, Surge Protection