Carolina Tree Monkeys

Founded 2012 • With Angi since June 2013

1120 Charlotte Hwy

Fairview, NC 28730

We are an environmentally friendly comprehensive tree care company specializing in hazardous limb and tree removal, all types of pruning, vista maintenance, tree house design and construction and more. It is our mission to provide our customers with outstanding and affordable service from start to finish. We are passionate about trees!...

tree service (128)firewood company (2)

07/08/2022

Randy M.

They did what they said they would.

Description of Work
Lot clearing

Work Completed On 06/10/2022

01/01/2021

John M.

Disaster. Did not stand behind a written estimate when no scope changed. I was given a written estimate for the work in October, 2020 and I paid a 10% deposit. After waiting 7 weeks a Tree Monkeys crew showed up and they told me that they would not honor the estimate but the cost would be 73% higher than the estimate. I was told the bid did not reflect the amount of work and that was all my problem. The company did offer to absorb ANY of the higher costs.

Description of Work
Removal of four dead trees

Work Completed On 12/28/2020

07/03/2019

John S.

5 member crew arrived on time did all the work in very professional and safe manner (hards hats ear muffs for chipper noise ) cleaned up area and even did extra trimming not on work list !

Description of Work
remove 12 year old appx.15 shrubs and 5 trees

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

01/25/2019

john T.

This was the best tree removal service I have ever worked with. Would hire them again in a heart beat.

Description of Work
a number of damaged trees removed

Work Completed On 01/24/2019

09/24/2018

Jason P.

The crew for Carolina Tree Monkeys showed up on time and worked diligently trim all the trees on my property. They were careful not to just cut the trees down, but prune and trim them so they remained healthy. All leaves, branches and debris was cleaned up meticulously. The crew also checked in time to time to make sure enough of the limbs were trimmed back. I would hire them again and recommend them.

Description of Work
Tree Trimming

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

07/12/2018

Stephen M.

Very professional. Punctual. Performed the agreed upon work in a proper manner. Offered advice on a few trees that was outside the contract.

Description of Work
Two trees needed trimming, and several trees needed to be examined.

Work Completed On 04/16/2018

06/26/2018

Sandra M.

Fabulous. Like watching an artist at work. Dropped it in the woods precisely without damaging other trees. Came as scheduled (very important for tree people). Could not have asked for more. Joe was terrific.

Description of Work
Huge dead and dangerous tree removed behind our house that could not be accessed by crane. And took down and away a tree leaning over the street in front.

Work Completed On 06/26/2018

05/28/2018

Robyn W.

We had a tree that was located next to the entrance to our subdivision. I had three quotes which Carolina Tree Monkeys was substantially less. Their communication was excellent as Mr. Clavette responded to my texts and emails in a timely manner. Within a week from the day I first called CTM their staff came and safely dropped the tree. It was good to know that CTM staff had a certified tree arborist on site. They came the next day and took the tree off of my property. The clean up was excellent and thorough. I am very impressed and pleased with all aspects of Carolina Tree Monkeys.

Description of Work
I had a tree cut down that was next to a street

Work Completed On 05/28/2018

04/17/2018

Kenneth W.

Prompt response to initial call; came out next day to inspect what we needed done. Separate crew came out within a few days to deal with the holly; tree trimming took a few more days due to weather conditions, but we were informed about the delay. Work done well, cleaned up all debris and removed it.

Description of Work
Trimming trees and cutting back overgrown holly

Work Completed On 03/12/2018

03/07/2018

Bob V.

Very efficiently and professionally

Description of Work
Removed 1 fallen tree & trimmed another

Category tree service, custom furniture

Work Completed On 03/07/2018

11/13/2017

Donna L.

Wonderful . Arrived promptly, did the job, cleaned up and removed everything. Polite, respectful. I couldn't have asked for better.

Description of Work
Three big trees taken down, stumps needed grinding and mess taken away.

Work Completed On 11/13/2017

07/26/2017

Mark A.

They got the job done as promised even though heavy rains caused a muddy yard that trapped one of their machinery. They finished the job using a tow cable dragging each section of the tree to the driveway and tossing it into the wood chipper.

Description of Work
I needed a large oak tree trimmed and a dead tree cut down and hauled away. Also needed a couple of dead trees to be cut and toppled into the woods.

Work Completed On 07/18/2017

07/26/2017

Ann H.

Fantastic experience with these folks! Trebbor was responsive and met with us about our needs. We scheduled for the following week - his crew arrived on time, the whole group did a walkthrough with us, and got to work immediately. They were organized, unbelievably efficient, and obviously very skilled at their job. As we had the opportunity to observe their progress we were able to watch all phases of their cutting, "felling" and clearing of several trees, including a large poplar and a couple of very tall pines. The crew removed several trees from our yard and took exceptional care to protect structures and remaining foliage. Their equipment was in excellent working order and well maintained. The cleanup was thorough. the crew of 4 accomplished a huge task in a day and each member was pleasant, respectful and professional. We couldn't be more pleased with their work and would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Removal of several trees in residential yard

Work Completed On 07/26/2017

07/25/2017

Lena P.

Very good and professional. I would recommend company and definitely use again.

Description of Work
Cut down tree and bushes

Work Completed On 07/25/2017

07/24/2017

Jacqueline A.

The extra light is helping the understory plantings. The work was done well

Description of Work
We limbed up multiple large trees and removed one small one and one large dead trunk

Work Completed On 07/24/2017

06/22/2017

Jean P.

Although scheduling (both his and mine) was quite a challenge, the work was finally performed. Trebor has quite an eye for shape and brought out the best features of the trees. My large weeping cherry tree looks better than it has in years. Finally, it has some shape other than hulking monster. The smaller Japanese maple now is an oblate, just as I asked. Prior to his work, it had looked like a wooly mammoth. I am pleased with Trebor's efforts. He was polite and certainly knew what he was doing.

Description of Work
This is a follow up review I made for Carolina Tree Monkeys made earlier when I could not get satisfaction in getting the work scheduled. Now I have had the work scheduled and completed. I had two trees cut back and shaped on an offer through Angie's List.

Work Completed On 06/22/2017

05/30/2017

Joel B.

Fast and professional. Outstanding operators

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

05/23/2017

Jim C.

Curteous and professional service. All equiptment in good working condition. They also had lots of safety gear.

Description of Work
Trimmed limbs from oak tree. Removed several small poplar trees.

Work Completed On 05/23/2017

05/22/2017

Vijay D.

the tree in question turned out to need full removal instead of pruning. I hired another company (friends) who offered a significantly lower price to do the job. We then renegotiated our coupon to do other tree work and it went very well. Good job, fair price, done pretty much on schedule, when weather allowed.

Description of Work
tree removal

Work Completed On 05/10/2017

03/13/2017

Bud D.

They did a great job. Opened up my house for more sunlight without destroying the forest atmosphere of my property. They raked and cleaned up the site. The only follow up I had to do was sit in my chair and enjoy the sun!

Description of Work
Tree trimming in my front yard in a forest neighborhood development.

Work Completed On 03/13/2017

02/23/2017

Nick L.

Trebor, the owner, and Carolina Tree Monkeys are a great business to work with. Trebor came out for a free site consultation and gave me great advice about the trees on my property, such as the types of trees that I have on my property, how to cut ivy off of trees, and also areas of concern such as some dying black locusts on my property and some trees that needed bracing. A few months later, I had enough work to hire a crew of 4 workers for 8 hours. They helped take down approximately 4 black locusts that were dying and not well suited to grow in this area. They helped me prune and brace my Bradford pear and also brace a big poplar tree in my backyard that had split at the base. They were quick, surprisingly quiet, and very efficient in the work that they did. They cleaned up everything and did not leave a mess. I will definitely hire them again in the future.

Description of Work
I recently purchased a house for the first time, and I have quite a few trees on my property. I first wanted to have someone take a look and just help me prioritize what needs to be done and also take a look at a section of dead trees.

Work Completed On 02/20/2017

12/15/2016

Arthur B.

Trebor Clavette and his team very quickly and professionally took them down and chipped the smaller diameter pieces for us. It went great!

Description of Work
We had a total of 16 dead or dying trees that were too close to our buildings or those of our neighbors.

Work Completed On 12/14/2016

11/23/2016

Rebecca B.

Since I currently am living out of state I was concerned about hiring someone via a website. However, in speaking with Trebor I felt quite reassured, and the previous reviews were very positive. So I arranged for him and his crew to take down the tree, as well as grind the stump and clean things up. They arrived early the following week and took care of it quite nicely. Several of my neighbors had a chance to see them at work, and also after the cleanup and were very impressed with the results. They also asked for his contact information in case they need to have work done. Trebor sent me a picture of the house/yard after the tree was downed, and it looks great! He was very friendly, courteous, and professional throughout the process. And I was also impressed by the trust he showed by allowing me to send him a check for the work since I couldn't be there. I would definitely hire Trebor and his crew again, and highly recommend them!

Description of Work
I had a truly immense old pine tree in my front yard that was looking as though it might come down in the next wind or ice storm. If it didn't crash onto my house, it would've come down onto the road taking all the power lines along with it, and blocking the only up/down access.