Branley Electrical Service Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since June 2006

1824 Chandler St

Elon, NC 27244

Branley Electrical Service Inc was founded in 1989. We are an efficiently operated family business whose two trademarks are outstanding quality and customer service. Whether our professional electricians are upgrading your lighting, installing a microwave receptacle in your kitchen, wiring your new

10/19/2020

Lee B.

Jim was great. He was efficient and adaptable to our requests and was very patient with us in ensuring our light fixture was suspended at the right height. I will be hiring him again for any of our electrical needs!

Description of Work
Install new outlets; hang large light fixture and fix other light fixtures

09/08/2020

Kevin B.

First hired Branley in 2016 to install a new outlet behind our wall mounted TV for a cleaner setup. Jim was professional, fast, affordable, and matter of fact. While here he identified a switch that was mis-wired from the original home build, and fixed it on the spot without hassle. Subsequently (2020) I had an unrelated power drop that Jim was able to help me solve with zero hassle. Definitely will use him again and recommend.

Description of Work
Installation of new outlet + rewiring

08/13/2018

David C.

Everything done timely and to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Wiring an attic fan, installing switches, replacing outlets, replacing breaker.

06/27/2018

Tanis S.

Jim was prompt, thorough, and did quality work. I would hire again and recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Receptacle and light switch repairs/replacement.

03/09/2018

Robert S.

Jim did a great job installing the wiring and the connectors both outside the house as well as in the circuit breaker panel. He also replaced some breakers that weren't up to code and handled the permit and inspection as well. Only thing that wasn't perfect was a part that was misordered by his supplier but he handled that as quickly as possible. He was patient with me trying to work around my schedule when I could be there and answered any questions I had. I will definitely use him for any other electrical projects I have in the future.

Description of Work
Generator Transfer Switch Circuit breaker Installation

12/14/2017

Janet S.

The installations went perfectly. The job was professionally done and everything worked great.

Description of Work
We needed three new bathroom fan/lights installed.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

11/28/2017

Carl S.

Very glad that I contacted Branley Electrical Service. Jim was punctual, very professional and clearly knew what he was doing. His charges were also very reasonable. Highly recommended for any electrical needs!

Description of Work
Replaced GFCI circuit breaker, corrected miswiring on 4 way switch, replaced ballast on garage light

11/15/2017

john B.

great communication, pricing, work and follow-up.

Description of Work
installed garage lanterns, a new receptacle and moved overhead light.

08/20/2017

teny A.

It went as we expected and was executed perfectly in two days. We've already recommended him to our friends.

Description of Work
Our house is about 20 years old with defects in wiring believed originated from the builder. About 4 years ago we had [WW] come to fix some of these issues and change out light switches & outlets to give a more contemporary look. He & apprentice installed outlets upside down & not flush. In addition to not correcting existing wiring issues, they added some new problems such as exterior coach light that could never be turned off and 2 & 3 way switches that now behaved differently or not at all. They didn't clean up after themselves and I couldn't wait for them to be gone. Jim came out & fixed all errors due to builder & [WW], installed 2 new fixtures, & also got exterior lighting and landscape lighting working again and was very kind despite having items added to existing work list. We expected him to take a couple of days to complete and that's exactly what it took. He arrived and didn't waste a moment of our time or his by engaging in unrelated conversation or endearing himself to the dog. Almost all discussion was about our electrical issues, saving money, & halogen lighting. If he created any dust or mess he cleaned it up immediately and was mindful that he was in our home. He relabeled our breaker panel so it accurately described areas of the house. We waited a long time to find a person who cares about our home, loves his work, and is completely knowledgeable and skilled. We were impressed even when we received his invoice! Unlike others, Jim had itemized everything rather than simply invoicing for a lump sum. That way we'll be able to remember what work actually was done and in what area of the house.

Category electrician, lighting, outdoor lighting

08/06/2017

Jack W.

Before coming Mr Branley took the time by phone to understand each item to be sure he would have the needed supplies on arrival. He remedied these problems promptly and also took time to fix additional problems that I added on the day of service. I am pleased with all his work. To me he seems conscienentous, knowledgeable,pleasant and efficient. I agree with all his previous positive reviews and he will be my first choice electrical provider for future needs.

Description of Work
Old house with old wiring. I am selling and needed to fix numerous problems found by home inspector.

07/24/2017

Ira C.

They were so excellent I will defiantly use them over and over again. Very reasonable owner, very willing listen to try and find solutions. I like them very much. Very professional . very applicable. He brought an assistant.They were very much "Johnny on the spot". They were checking stuff, doing everything that need to be done. Giving me a approximate amount of time that it would take and it was much shorter, he charged me to the time he was actually there.

Description of Work
Installed electrical outlet on the deck.

06/22/2017

Lynn M.

He is very thorough and you can tell he knows what he's doing. He's really calm, he just gives you a lot of confidence. It wasn't like it took him a long time, but he took enough time.

Description of Work
He evaluated my wiring.

03/15/2017

Elizabeth W.

Mr. Branley was wonderful. Quick to respond to our request for service. His work was impeccable. He was professional and friendly. Left the area clean as a whistle. Definitely will use him again

Description of Work
Installed fans in our garage, added multiple additional outlets.

03/14/2017

Roger A.

I bought the light and he put it up.

Description of Work
We had a short in our bathroom light fixture.

11/08/2016

James K.

It went great. When we talked he asked very pertinent questions in order to make this a one trip stop. He needed to bring extra things I didn't realize. Job was done in 1 1/2 hours.

Description of Work
I need to have an electrical outlet wired.

10/04/2016

Janet C.

Excellent. Jimmy is awesome. Had us do the work we could do (trench digging, pulling old wires) to save some funds and talked us through each step of the way. Always friendly polite and professional. Responded to questions all through the process. He knows the code and explains why all precautions should be taken. I would hire him again for any electrical concerns. We were happily back in our workshop planing some cedar the next day!

Description of Work
Wire replacement from house to workshop.

09/12/2016

Andrea S.

Went very well! Jim had the same concerns i did. So i hired Branley Electrical for subsequent repairs/improvements. Needless to say i am EXCEEDINGLY pleased and happy with the work. They even put up with my annoying dogs throughout the work. i have found an electrical contractor who i am very very comfortable with, and will use them for all of my electrical needs! i very highly recommend Branley Electrical for any work needed - they are super-responsive, punctual, professional, helpful and really really good at what they do!

Description of Work
Bought a new house, wanted the electrical system looked over.

06/29/2016

faith R.

Jim was great! Came soon after I called, all the work was done efficiently and very well! I would recommend this company to anyone!

Description of Work
Electrical conduit repairs, in ground. Disconnect repair & wire pulling. Receptacle installed, emergency situation due to fence contractor hitting in ground pipes.

03/23/2016

April G.

Mr. Branley returned to update my basement lighting that was not up to code. In fact, he was able to do this a day earlier than we had planned, which worked out perfectly. Mr. Branley called beforehand, arrived promptly, and got right to work. I chattered as he worked, but he took this in stride and was extremely courteous. I was thankful when he steered me into a discussion about the science of light. He is a font of practical information but remained totally focused on the job. He had everything that was needed in his truck and even consulted me on a location preference while he was working. When he finished, Mr. Branley efficiently cleaned up his debris and made sure everything worked. His lighting suggestions were spot-on. The improvements were immediately noticeable. I wish that all of my repair experiences were like this. I now know who to call for my electrical needs. I highly recommend Branley Electrical Service.

Description of Work
Installed/replaced overhead laundry lighting and updated electrical outlet/wiring.

03/18/2016

April G.

For 2 days I had been playing phone tag with an electrician who didn't seem to want my business, so I decided to access my Angie's List account. I wanted an A+ In-town electrician with lots of recent positive reviews. Branley Electrical Services looked like my best bet. I immediately called but got an answering message. Well, I had given it a shot. But Jim Branley called me back immediately, listened to my problem, and arrived within ten minutes. He was able to quickly access a fixture that 4 other people had given up on ever figuring out (myself included). Mr. Branley efficiently replaced the worn-out ballast with a Universal ballast. While he was working, he explained exactly what he was doing and why the Kensington ballasts have to be replaced so often - so avoid the Kensington ballasts. Afterward, he made suggestions on the type of lighting I might want to consider when I next replace my fluorescent bulbs at Lowe's (or wherever I choose to make my purchase). His reasoning was very interesting and helpful. He finished within minutes (even cleaning up the few pieces of electrical debris), but I realized that I should ask this extremely knowledgeable Master Electrician some important questions about the 1963 wiring that I was worried about. He was able to go through the house and answer my questions. He was not trying to sell me anything, just helped me to become more knowledgeable about the electrical components & wiring that I need to maintain. (I'm new to all of this since my Dad passed away.). Mr. Branley made me aware of a couple of things that were not up to code but were very minor. He assured me that they would not cause a house fire or anything & explained some future options for me. He was very patient with me (like I am with my 5th grade students) and that impressed me further. I asked how much the minor electrical work would cost & he estimated the price of the parts and the time it would take to accomplish. The estimate seemed reasonable to me. Again, there was no selling on his part. In fact, he assured me that they (the electrical problems he pointed out) had worked just fine for many years & would continue to do so. However, I rarely have days off and I don't want to procrastinate when I can be proactive. So, we have scheduled the work for next week. I am thankful to have found an electrician who cares about his customers and is extremely professional and knowledgeable. I have already recommended Mr. Branley to my next-door neighbor.

Description of Work
Replaced an overhead kitchen light ballast and - at my request - inspected the electrical wiring in my house.

Category electrician, lighting, home remodeling

07/13/2015

Jerome T.

Excellent, professional work. Enjoyable experience. Prompt response, no wasted time, no complaints. Highly recommend and will use again when needed.

Description of Work
Diagnosed faulty water pump in a water feature. Determined model and size of replacement needed. Provided wiring. Installed replacement low voltage landscape fixtures and new photoelectric cell.

11/03/2014

Kurt M.

It went great and looks fantastic. Jim Branley does first class work and great worksmanship. This job involved him for almost 4 days and with an assistant for 3 of those days. Jim is very cost conscious for the customer and told me some of the prep work I could do ahead of time (removing old fixtures and wiring, some wall paneling and installing mounts in the greenhouse for the receptacles) and afterwards (fill trench). Because of it being a greenhouse, with a humid environment, the electrical code and requirements are more stringent (and costly) than a normal residence. He answers all your questions and checks in by text before arriving each day. We will definitely have him back for our future electrical needs.

Description of Work
Completely rewire greenhouse and attached headhouse - approx. 675 sq foot total. The greenhouse had been abandoned for at least 17 years and all of the existing electrical components were shot. Included installing 240V 50 amp feeder circuit on box at residence, 50 amp panel (with 6 20-amp circuits), 75 ft trench and underground cable from house to greenhouse plus wiring from main box to trench, approx. 20 receptacles (all GFCI), 2 8-ft striplights, 2 outdoor lights, 2 4-ft vapor lights in greenhouse, light switches, 2 switches for future (gas heater and exhaust fan), all of the greenhouse and external receptacles were water resistant, weatherproof and had in-use weatherproof covers. Used flexible conduit for all surface wiring. Designed and installed special receptacle wiring for future electrical actuators to raise ceiling vent.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, outdoor lighting

11/02/2014

Sandra J.

I saw a discount ad on Angie's List from this company and entered what I needed to have done. They called me soon after and we scheduled the work. They arrived and worked on everything quickly. Gave me advice on a nonworking ceiling fan remote and updating the locations in the electrical panel Pleasant and professional. Exactly what I needed. These little electrical things needed done and I was very happy to finally have it finished. I had called 2 other electrical services and left voice mail of what I would like to have done. Did not receive an answer from either one . Perhaps my job did not amount to enough money to warrant their time. Don't know. I am very glad this company was on Angie's List.

Description of Work
A myriad of small electrical must dos I needed done. Ground 2 outlets. Add a 3 way switch in a room. Fix light socket in chandelier. Raise two outlets to a different height. Fix a ceiling fan that had fallen and was hanging by its wires.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

06/01/2014

Gerald D.

Arrived on time. Was professional in all aspects. Took a little while to isolate the specific problem, but once identified, repair was completed promptly.

Description of Work
Located and repaired an electrical short in an outside spotlight.

02/05/2014

Melody S.

He was so nice and I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Replaced breakers.

J&H pressure washing

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime once you see our quality work. We're passionate about delivering an exceptional experience. When you hire us, you're hiring a team of professionals who are trained and skilled to deliver lasting value to your home. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Barriet Electric

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work.As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. Call or message us to schedule an estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award

Mattko

Professional electrical services at affordable prices

15225-U
    State
    NC
    10/31/2016
    Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Electrical system installation, remodeling and repair for residential, commercial, office, institutional, restaurant, retail, industrial, farming, manufacturing. Generator Installation. Lighting design, installation, remodel and repair. Kitchen and Bathroom remodeling. Motor controls. Ceiling fans. Spa and Hot Tub installation and repair. Old wiring removal and replacement. Low voltage wiring including network cabling. Security Cameras.