The Grilling Store

Founded 1987 • With Angi since April 2012

4908 N Roxboro Rd

Durham, NC 27704

Family owned and operated. We want to be the Fireplace and Grill facility you turn to for all your hearth and patio needs. For the many years we’ve been in business, we have been striving to provide our clients the best quality service possible to gain their full satisfaction. And they’ve shown

12/21/2021

Rae H.

We worked with Zack Young to purchase and install an outdoor fireplace that would warm our porch. Based on his recommendations we purchased a specific costly type of fireplace. It projects minimal warmth and we are now being told that there is nothing additional to do and this fireplace will be primarily for show. Obviously, if we had this information prior, we would have made a very different decision in our purchase and, potentially, the design of our porch. Zack is no longer responsive to my inquiries and communications. Overall, terrible service and experience.

Description of Work
Fireplace purchase and installation

06/28/2017

Michael S.

Enjoyed the experience from beginning to delivery.

Description of Work
Purchased a Napolean Grill

06/19/2017

Charles F.

Things went well from the start - they were able to work me into the schedule quickly and quoted a reasonable hourly rate. The technician, Stephen, was very personable and although he had not seen this exact model of grill before clearly knew what he was doing. In the end, it turned out that the manufacturer had send the wrong part and the grill did not work correctly the first time that I tried it. They showed real customer service values by having Stephen out there the next day and he was able to figure out a solution to the problem and adapt the part that was sent to work properly. I'd recommend these guys to anyone and will be using them again in the fall to service my gas fireplaces.

Description of Work
I needed to have the control manifold replaced on a high-end gas grill

Category gas grill repair

02/10/2017

Janet M.

The repairs worked out great and we are waiting on installation of the new gas logs.

Description of Work
The technician made a temporary repair to the problem with the old set not lighting and we ordered a replacement gas log set to avoid future problems. The technician also repaired a gas leak due to improper valve for the service. The old gas lot set and plumbing was installed by a previous home owner.

02/02/2017

Janet M.

Until the job is completed, it is not reasonable or responsible to rate them. My expectation is they will provide good service and be very professional.

Description of Work
The work is still in process. We are waiting on receipt of replacement gas log system. They will install it in mid-February.

Category gas logs

Thank you for the review we look forward to finishing up your gas log replacement!

08/18/2016

Mary F.

Excellent. The gentleman who came to my home, did a great job installing my new fire place. He had a few minor problems, however, he worked on the projects until they were all solved.

Description of Work
A new fireplace ordered and installed.

05/04/2016

Stephen N.

Description of Work
The technician arrived right on time, explained the operation and maintenance of our gas-fired log fireplace unit and got it up and running. He showed me where all of the natural gas components were in the house and was out the door without wasting any of his or my time.

Category fireplaces, gas logs

03/15/2016

Mollie S.

Description of Work
Repair gas fireplace. Replaced gas valve

01/28/2016

jane W.

09/29/2015

Joseph H.

04/16/2015

John H.

Description of Work
Totally rebuilt my grill. Parts were a big part of the cost since the manufacturer is no longer in business. The cost included three trips to my home as some of he parts were delayed in arriving. Had I realized that was involved I would have purchased a new grill.

03/05/2015

Charles E.

A+ work by Chris Davis. He took extra care to verify that the problem was accurately diagnosed as the replacement part was expensive, $300. Chris has superior and professional communications skills with his customers in addition to his technical expertise. Well done.

Description of Work
Ordered and replaced wall switch and electronic ignition kit for our HeatnGlo fireplace.

03/04/2015

jane W.

Description of Work
The store installed gas logs for me, which required renovating the old fireplace. Everything went as planned. The workers showed up on time and completed the job efficiently. This had to be done in segments, due to the drywall and tile work.

03/04/2015

Catriona M.

Description of Work
repaired gas fireplace

12/23/2014

John H.

They did a great job and the representative/technician, Chris Davis, was wonderful and great to work with.

Description of Work
Completely rebuild my grill. For the price I probably should have invested in a new one.

Category gas grill repair, fireplaces

12/18/2014

John H.

Description of Work
Rebuilt my gas grill.

Category gas grill repair, fireplaces

09/27/2014

Maggie L.

Chris Davis met with us to discuss our drafty, inefficient fireplaces. He is personable, professional and extremely knowledge in his field. He took the time to discuss all of our options and made several recommendations. Installation went smoothly. It was a pleasure to work with The Grilling Store.

Description of Work
Replaced two outdated and inefficient gas fireplaces

12/18/2013

Betty E.

Fantastic service.......they provided a comfortable evening for us.

Description of Work
Our heat pump went kaput and the only source of warmth was the gas logs in our fireplace. I called Triangle and as backed up as they were, they were here and filled the tank......I am so happy with this company

Category propane sales

11/14/2013

Gerald B.

Our gas fireplace is 7 years old and started to shut off unexpectedly and take a few flips of the switch for the fireplace to light. I called around to a few business on Angie's List and most gave me a service date about 3 weeks away. When Chris called me back about my inquiry he was able to fit me in that same day...which was less than a week after I started my search. Chris cleaned and serviced the fireplace, taught me how to do some basic maintenance and cleaned the glass. The total time took less than 30 minutes from start to finish. I happily paid the hourly rate they charge with the one hour minimum because of the prompt service and the fact that Chris's rate was nearly 50% lower than some others estimates I had received.

Description of Work
Did routine maintenance and cleaning of a gas fireplace.

02/19/2013

Lanakila A.

They were very helpful in selecting a fireplace front that would look good and provide us the features we wanted. The day of install they actually called to see if they could come early, and had the whole job done in an hour. Along with installing our new front they also fixed the flue for no extra fee. Cleaned up after themselves very well, couldn't even tell they had been working on the fireplace when they were done. Very pleased with the product and service. A bit more expensive than going through a box store, but the quality is worth it.

Description of Work
Met with a sales person in the store to see our options for a new fireplace front (frame & door). Same person came out to the house to measure and verify what we needed and were ordering. When the product came in a team of 2 people came to install the new front & they took away the old one for us.

01/19/2013

Richard B.

Professional, punctual and pleasant, The Grilling Store representative we had work on our gas fireplace was outstanding.

Description of Work
Inspect, clean and service gas fireplace.

08/09/2012

RON W.

They are very good. I have had some issues with the logs that they filled in, and they came by the same day. They've helped me sometimes when it was their fault and sometimes when it was mine.

Description of Work
I have been using Triangle Propane for five years. They fill the tank every year, and whenever we need any help with the logs, they do that too.

Category propane sales

06/06/2012

Elizabeth A.

The installation was completed on 5/31/2012 and we are delighted with the results. The fireplace was cleaned and the glass doors and burner/logs were installed. I would highly recommend using this company. They offer multiple choices and their pricing is very reasonable.

Description of Work
We've submitted a review on this company while looking for a solution to our old fireplace insert! They were great coming up with alternative ideas and prices. We finally selected the option of replacing the burner, logs and doors which was the most efficient solution and the most reasonably priced.

Category fireplaces, gas logs

04/27/2012

Elizabeth A.

Jerry and Don were great. The best thing about them was that and quot;they listened to what we wanted!and quot; Other fireplace insert companies in the area only had interest in selling us what they had for fireplace inserts. The cost to installl a new gas fireplace insert would be well over $3,000 with their suggestions. Jerry and Don worked with us to find the most efficient, cost-sensitive and attractive solution. With their help and expertise, we had them install a new more modern glass door and a set of very efficient gas logs with remote that would give us the heat we needed for the room. We were very, very pleased with the work and their helpfulness.

Description of Work
Installation of new gas logs and more modern bifold fireplace doors.

04/27/2012

Elizabeth A.

My husband and I wanted to put a new gas insert into our existing fireplace and had a terrible time looking for someone who would "listen to us" about what we wanted. The Grilling Store (Don and Gerry Greene) were wonderful. They steered us in the right direction based on our needs and worked with us to keep the price reasonable. We ended up purchasing a new, modern looking door assembly and rather than replace the insert they worked with us to find a gas log set that would produce efficient heating for the room. After visiting 4-5 fireplace shops who only wanted to sell us what they had in stock, these two gentlemen worked with us and listened! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for gas logs, doors, or fireplace inserts.

Description of Work
The installed a new gas insert in our existing fireplace.

Alexander Services

Alexander Services provides Commercial and Residential Heating and Air Conditioning, Electrical, and Plumbing Installation, Repair and Service in the Raleigh, Apex, Cary, Holly Springs, and Greater Wake, Harnett, and Chatham county areas.

2022 Super Service Award

Comfort First Heating & Cooling

Comfort First Heating and Cooling takes great pleasure in being the friendliest, most caring and competent air conditioning and heating service, repair and installation company in North Carolina & Virginia. Our more than 20 years of residential and commercial experience gives us the confidence needed to boldly offer the most aggressive,thoughtful Written Guarantee in the industry. Everything we do, from answering your first call to seeing the savings in your electricity after our visit, is meticulously planned because we feel that every detail of your comfort is valuable. If you need air conditioning and heating service, repair or installation and live in central North Carolina, we have technicians locally that can serve you. Contact Us today to find the people and comfort you can count on! Financing is available and Military discounts.

Offers Coupon

Streamline Services, Inc

***NOW OFFERING 0% INTEREST FOR 60 MONTHS ON NEW HVAC INSTALLS, LIMITED TIME ONLY, ON SELECT UNITS*** Streamline Services, Inc. has been serving the plumbing, electrical and HVAC needs of Raleigh and surrounding areas for over 18 years. We are a family-owned and operated business. We're committed to providing the highest quality service with our licensed and certified technicians, continuing training, and dedication to our community. Whether you have a plumbing, electrical or HVAC project, Streamline Services, Inc. is Raleigh's Top choice for professional plumbing, electrical and HVAC services. Office hours Monday - Friday 7:30 am -6:30 pm Emergency service available 7 days a week 24 hours a day!

Offers Coupon

Propane Sales Services
    Gifts
    MasterCard, Visa

Gas logs. Fireplaces. Gas & pellet grills. Glass fireplace doors. Replacement grill parts. Grill covers. Grill doctor. Grilling accessories.